Phase 2

Options
Haha...No one seems to be in phase 2 yet, I'm definitely not! But I wanted to create this early for a couple of reasons: for one, I'm excited about it and for two, I think we should all keep looking ahead and stay focused. It seems a lot of us are losing motivation already, but we need to keep each other going, keep at this, and at least make it to phase 2. :glasses:

Replies

• debwaid
    debwaid Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Awesome idea!
  • FlTGlRL
    FlTGlRL Posts: 239
    Options
    Guess whose in phase 2 now!!???

Me!!!:smile:

I will post about it later tonight when I get off work... I should be working right now. :tongue:
  • debwaid
    Options

I will post about it later tonight when I get off work... I should be working right now. :tongue:
    I knew you should be! You've been on the down low! Can't wait to hear!! :bigsmile:
  • FlTGlRL
    Options

I knew you should be! You've been on the down low! Can't wait to hear!! :bigsmile:

:laugh: LOL...Sorry, I don't mean to be on the down low....I guess I am kind of busy so I'm still logging in and reading everything the past couple of days but didn't find time to do anything else.
  • FlTGlRL
    Options
    WEEK 1, PHASE 2

So far I've only done 2 days, I'm going to do legs tonight (Day 3). I thought weeks 3-4 were hard....whooo! Phase 2 really steps it up, it takes more time, the work outs seem to take a little longer so far and than there is the 30 minutes of cardio. It's feeling good though. I have not measured which I need to do tonight.

The good news is, you will definitely see results with Phase 2. If you are doing even just the work outs as she recommends, there is no way you won't lose weight/inches.:smile:

As far as diet--- I've been falling off track just a little bit lately. For all of phase one I think I ate nothing but salads, vegetables, fruits, egg whites, grilled chicken, Tilapia, greek yogurt....and a few other things but now I'm starting to get really bored, especially with being much busier. I don't want to fall off completely on the food though so I'm thinking starting tomorrow, maybe for this week I will focus on calories instead of protein to get me back on track. Hopefully that will get me back in the swing of things, than I'll re introduce the protein.

Is anyone else in Phase 2 yet?
  • debwaid
    Options
    WEEK 1, PHASE 2

So far I've only done 2 days, I'm going to do legs tonight (Day 3). I thought weeks 3-4 were hard....whooo! Phase 2 really steps it up, it takes more time, the work outs seem to take a little longer so far and than there is the 30 minutes of cardio. It's feeling good though. I have not measured which I need to do tonight.

The good news is, you will definitely see results with Phase 2. If you are doing even just the work outs as she recommends, there is no way you won't lose weight/inches.:smile:

As far as diet--- I've been falling off track just a little bit lately. For all of phase one I think I ate nothing but salads, vegetables, fruits, egg whites, grilled chicken, Tilapia, greek yogurt....and a few other things but now I'm starting to get really bored, especially with being much busier. I don't want to fall off completely on the food though so I'm thinking starting tomorrow, maybe for this week I will focus on calories instead of protein to get me back on track. Hopefully that will get me back in the swing of things, than I'll re introduce the protein.

Its easy to get bored with the same food, so maybe try preparing it a different way!
  • debwaid
    Options
    So I start Phase 2 on Monday! Anypointers?? Are yall lifting heavier weights??
  • ItsLessOfMe
    ItsLessOfMe Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I have 1 more week until phase II but I was wondering, do we have to do the exercise machines. I enjoy classes like zumba and spin. Not only are these classes an hour but I know she said moderate. What is moderate? I'm thinking spin might be to intense. I'm wondering if there is a reason she wants us to keep it moderate to protect the muscles.

Any help would be appreciated. I consider myself an endorphine junkie. Once I start cardio I usually get carried away
  • debwaid
    Options
    I really can't answer that for you. But my opinion would be that Zumba would be more intense! Moderate to me is able to carry on a conversation etc.... then again for you and Zumba, maybe you can do that! I did it one time on our Xbox Kinect and it was intense for me!! :laugh: I know that Stenochick0417 is a cyclist and loves her spinclasses though! I guess just whatever is you like to do for cardio, just make it moderate and not HIIT!
  • debwaid
    Options
    Started Phase 2 today. Back and cardio. I really thought I would have spend more time on the weight lifting but it took about 30 minutes and then 30 minutes on the elliptical! I can so remember the first time I was on the elliptical.....5 minutes killed me! So I feel good about being able to 30 minutes at above target heart rate too! Just ready to see some fat melting off now!

So, wondering what some of yall might think.....I'm thinking about staying in Phase 2, or maybe changing up the workouts some after the first 4 weeks, simply because I have more weight to lose. I just don't think I am going to see a complete transformation by going into Phase 3 unless I have lost a lot of fat!

Any thoughts???
  • ItsLessOfMe
    Options
    Mmmm I thought the fat burning part came in at week 7? I'm sure we will loose tons of fat in phase 2 and 3. Next week for me :) Oh and I found an answer to my question. Well, part of it. Jamie said in her video she wanted you to keep your heart rate in the fat burning zone. I found calculators online and I have a heart rate monitor so I should be good to go.

Now I just have to find out if I can do an hour or if this is strictly a half hour thing
  • AiJahya
    AiJahya Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm on Week 2 of Phase 2. My Phase 1 results were okay. I can see a difference in the amount of muscle I have, but I didn't lose very many inches and haven't really lost any weight. I'm excited to see what the rest of Phase 2 has in store. I need to work on cutting back my carbs and getting in even more protein! Most days I get to about 115-130, and I should be in the 140-150 range.
  • achasnis
    achasnis Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new to the group! Hope nobody minds me jumping in on this topic!

I just started Phase 2 a couple days ago. Will be doing Legs today. So far I LOVE the program... I have never been a fan of cardio, so Phase 1 was perfect for me, haha! How are everyones results so far for Phase 2, for those of you who are farther than I.

In phase 1 I didn't lose much inch wise, but I definitely started to see more muscle tone, and was able to up the weights by quite a bit! I also lost about 4 lbs, which was a plus. I am hoping the next phases can REALLY shred fat, as I have my honeymoon approx 2 days after I finish the program.

Looking forward to hearing everyones progress, and having much needed support as I continue!
  • debwaid
    Options
    I am in Phase 2, day 30. I didn't see the scale move at all in fact, I gained .2 lbs. But I did lose 6 inches overall and I can see muscle too! I know that there are things that I could've done to have had achieved better results so I am focusing on that this Phase! I have to admit, I didn't the miss the recommended cardio not that its part of almost every workout!!! Welcome newcomers and glad to have you as a part of this journey with me!
  • FlTGlRL
    Options
    Sorry...I've been in and out this past week:
    My boyfriend had surgery and was off of work the whole week, than it was his birthday yesterday so we went out of town over the weekend. I stuck to the workouts and diet but than when we went out of town on the weekend, I let it drop :frown:
    So last week was my first week of Phase 2, I decided I'm starting that week over. Day 1 of Phase 2 started yesterday than....I will keep you guys posted on how it's going.
  • FlTGlRL
    Options
    WEEK 1, PHASE 2

Its easy to get bored with the same food, so maybe try preparing it a different way!
    ---Thank you,
    Good point....That's easy to do with chicken and eggs too.
  • FlTGlRL
    Options
    So I start Phase 2 on Monday! Anypointers?? Are yall lifting heavier weights??

I'm trying to do 85%
  • FlTGlRL
    Options
    Hi! I'm new to the group! Hope nobody minds me jumping in on this topic!

I just started Phase 2 a couple days ago. Will be doing Legs today. So far I LOVE the program... I have never been a fan of cardio, so Phase 1 was perfect for me, haha! How are everyones results so far for Phase 2, for those of you who are farther than I.

In phase 1 I didn't lose much inch wise, but I definitely started to see more muscle tone, and was able to up the weights by quite a bit! I also lost about 4 lbs, which was a plus. I am hoping the next phases can REALLY shred fat, as I have my honeymoon approx 2 days after I finish the program.

Feel free to join in anytime.
    Thanks for sharing your results. I'm always curious to hear about other peoples progress. Congrats on your wedding!
    :flowerforyou:
  • debwaid
    Options
    Sorry...I've been in and out this past week:
    My boyfriend had surgery and was off of work the whole week, than it was his birthday yesterday so we went out of town over the weekend. I stuck to the workouts and diet but than when we went out of town on the weekend, I let it drop :frown:
    So last week was my first week of Phase 2, I decided I'm starting that week over. Day 1 of Phase 2 started yesterday than....I will keep you guys posted on how it's going.

Don't worry about it! You got back on track and that's what counts!!! Hope he's feeling better now!!
    So, now you and are on the same week, I think!!
  • ItsLessOfMe
    Options
    I'll be in phase 2 next week but I wanted to share that I had my body fat checked again this week at the gym (I have it checked every week) This week I was down 1.5% yay!!!! Ok thats all :)