Phase 2

Options

Replies

• FlTGlRL
    FlTGlRL Posts: 239
    Options
    Sorry...I've been in and out this past week:
    My boyfriend had surgery and was off of work the whole week, than it was his birthday yesterday so we went out of town over the weekend. I stuck to the workouts and diet but than when we went out of town on the weekend, I let it drop :frown:
    So last week was my first week of Phase 2, I decided I'm starting that week over. Day 1 of Phase 2 started yesterday than....I will keep you guys posted on how it's going.

Don't worry about it! You got back on track and that's what counts!!! Hope he's feeling better now!!
    So, now you and are on the same week, I think!!

That's awesome! Hopefully it stays that way! That would be fun.
  • FlTGlRL
    Options
    Sorry...I've been in and out this past week:
    My boyfriend had surgery and was off of work the whole week, than it was his birthday yesterday so we went out of town over the weekend. I stuck to the workouts and diet but than when we went out of town on the weekend, I let it drop :frown:
    So last week was my first week of Phase 2, I decided I'm starting that week over. Day 1 of Phase 2 started yesterday than....I will keep you guys posted on how it's going.

Don't worry about it! You got back on track and that's what counts!!! Hope he's feeling better now!!
    So, now you and are on the same week, I think!!

That's awesome! Hopefully it stays that way! That would be fun.

And thank you.
  • FlTGlRL
    Options
    I'll be in phase 2 next week but I wanted to share that I had my body fat checked again this week at the gym (I have it checked every week) This week I was down 1.5% yay!!!! Ok thats all :)

Congrats!! That's awesome. I wish my gym measured my body fat!
  • debwaid
    debwaid Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I'll be in phase 2 next week but I wanted to share that I had my body fat checked again this week at the gym (I have it checked every week) This week I was down 1.5% yay!!!! Ok thats all :)
    Wow! Good for you! How do they measure?? Calipers? I had mine done last month while I was back home visiting family. I go back in a few weeks and will have mine measured again at that time. He used some kind of machine where all he had to do was put a probe on my forearm (I think).
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I started Phase 2 on Monday. So far I'm loving it. I did some of Phase 1 and then jumped over to Jamie's 30 Day Bootcamp type workout but decided it was too repetitious and came back to start Phase 2.
  • ItsLessOfMe
    ItsLessOfMe Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Wow! Good for you! How do they measure?? Calipers? I had mine done last month while I was back home visiting family. I go back in a few weeks and will have mine measured again at that time. He used some kind of machine where all he had to do was put a probe on my forearm (I think).

Yup they used the machine. They said its fine as long as you always use the same method. apples to apples kind of thing
  • Megdonald1
    Megdonald1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

I am in week one of phase two. I have to say it is kicking my BUTT! I don't really see much difference from phase 1 but I KNOW I am stronger. I am lifting much more weight. I like to think I am getting definition in my arms, but when I flex for people the still just laugh :(:wink: The worse day was definitely arm day. All those pushups :sad: Leg day was tough but at least I got through it all. Tomorrow is bicep/tricep day. Looking forward to that!! :love:

Now if I could only figure out a way to get Debwaid to make me some of those protein bars I would be golden!!
  • debwaid
    Options
    Hello all,

I am in week one of phase two. I have to say it is kicking my BUTT! I don't really see much difference from phase 1 but I KNOW I am stronger. I am lifting much more weight. I like to think I am getting definition in my arms, but when I flex for people the still just laugh :(:wink: The worse day was definitely arm day. All those pushups :sad: Leg day was tough but at least I got through it all. Tomorrow is bicep/tricep day. Looking forward to that!! :love:

Now if I could only figure out a way to get Debwaid to make me some of those protein bars I would be golden!!
    Did you measure by chance??? And just because your friends don't see the definition, I am quite sure it IS there!! I am seeing some and I'm feeling a little hard muscle too! I did legs today, and I thought today was pretty darn tough!!!

FYI!! I just made 2 batches of protein bars.....you just have to come and get some!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • debwaid
    Options

Yup they used the machine. They said its fine as long as you always use the same method. apples to apples kind of thing
    That's what I heard too! I wish my gym here had something! Oh well, It's only a few more weeks til I go back home to visit again and I will have my body fat tested then.
  • debwaid
    Options
    I started Phase 2 on Monday. So far I'm loving it. I did some of Phase 1 and then jumped over to Jamie's 30 Day Bootcamp type workout but decided it was too repetitious and came back to start Phase 2.
    I have never heard of her Boot Camp workout! I am loving this program though!! You, Me and Meg are all on the same day!!
  • debwaid
    Options
    I'm on Week 2 of Phase 2. My Phase 1 results were okay. I can see a difference in the amount of muscle I have, but I didn't lose very many inches and haven't really lost any weight. I'm excited to see what the rest of Phase 2 has in store. I need to work on cutting back my carbs and getting in even more protein! Most days I get to about 115-130, and I should be in the 140-150 range.
    But you DID lose, that's what counts! I am there with you on the nutrition. I could've done better in Phase 1. Today's another day, and so my focus has been improving on the things I can do better!! Btw, Phase 2 is sure enough harder!!
  • aj_31
    Options
    I have never heard of her Boot Camp workout! I am loving this program though!! You, Me and Meg are all on the same day!!

It was in the Fitness Rx magazine for February I believe. Its called the Jamie Eason's 30 Day Knockout Total Body Workout. I did about a month of that. I started lifting at the end of Jan but just used the LiveFit program as a guide to lifing and did my own thing. Then I went to the 30 Day and did that for about a month. Then I decided I was bored with that and talked to my good friend who has done all of LiveFit and she suggested that I jump right into Phase 2. So that's what I did.
  • debwaid
    Options

It was in the Fitness Rx magazine for February I believe. Its called the Jamie Eason's 30 Day Knockout Total Body Workout. I did about a month of that. I started lifting at the end of Jan but just used the LiveFit program as a guide to lifing and did my own thing. Then I went to the 30 Day and did that for about a month. Then I decided I was bored with that and talked to my good friend who has done all of LiveFit and she suggested that I jump right into Phase 2. So that's what I did.
    Thanks for the info and Good Luck!!
  • aj_31
    Options

Thanks for the info and Good Luck!!

Good luck to you and all the other ladies giving this a go!
  • FlTGlRL
    Options
    Well if you come across a website that has info on her other programs, please share!! :wink:
  • debwaid
    Options
    So tomorrow is my second workout for my legs in this first week of Phase 2. It looks really tough! What sucks is my gym is not set up user friendly enough to do the super sets as described. Grrr! Oh well.....gonnna work it as hard as I can!
  • smadrigal04
    Options
    I started Phase 2 today. I missed my workout yesterday, so I did both of them today. I did not do any cardio though. Was told by a PT at the gym to give myself another week or two without cardio. I measured and weighed myself last week, and did not lose any inches or weight.

I also decided to join Weight Watchers today. I did it a couple of years ago, and lost quite a bit of weight. Didn't realize how much I had lost until I looked at my old WW journals. I was only 5 lbs away from my goal weight!

I only have 3 months before DH gets home, so I'm really gonna focus on weight training and eating right; and hopefully get back to where I wanna be.
  • debwaid
    Options
    I started Phase 2 today. I missed my workout yesterday, so I did both of them today. I did not do any cardio though. Was told by a PT at the gym to give myself another week or two without cardio. I measured and weighed myself last week, and did not lose any inches or weight.

I also decided to join Weight Watchers today. I did it a couple of years ago, and lost quite a bit of weight. Didn't realize how much I had lost until I looked at my old WW journals. I was only 5 lbs away from my goal weight!

I only have 3 months before DH gets home, so I'm really gonna focus on weight training and eating right; and hopefully get back to where I wanna be.
    I have to say I hate cardio when I "Have" to do it! I have about the same amount weight to lose that you do and I really think when it's time for me to start Phase 3, that I should stay in Phase 2 and just keep changing up the work outs until I am about 10 pounds away from goal. Or maybe depending on how much fat I have lost. Anyways, good luck and good for you!
  • debwaid
    Options
    HELP!!! All Live Fitters who are past Week 2 of Phase 2
    How did you do the drop sets???? I don't have a workout partner! And what is the giant drop set to failure for the leg press?????
  • aj_31
    Options
    HELP!!! All Live Fitters who are past Week 2 of Phase 2
    How did you do the drop sets???? I don't have a workout partner! And what is the giant drop set to failure for the leg press?????

When I did this with my friend she had me do the lateral raises at a drop set. So I started at like 15 for the first set then dropped to 12.5 for the 2nd set and then 10 for the third set.

Got this off of Phase 2 Info.
    While we're on the topic of definitions, you'll also need to know what "lifting to failure" means: On your last set of an exercise, instead of lifting to a set number (rep), continuing to lift until the muscle is fatigued and another full rep can't be performed.