Phase 2

Options

Replies

• cindaboo1
    cindaboo1 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Well I start Phase 2 next week, so we'll see how it goes, I'm actually pretty excited about it so my plan is to stick this thing out, This is the longest I've done a program and actually followed it LOL I'm loving it!! :bigsmile:
  • debwaid
    debwaid Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Well I start Phase 2 next week, so we'll see how it goes, I'm actually pretty excited about it so my plan is to stick this thing out, This is the longest I've done a program and actually followed it LOL I'm loving it!! :bigsmile:
    Awesome! A job well done! This is my last week of Phase 2. I'm going home to GA for a visit and will have my body fat checked again! I had it done about 6 weeks ago. I certainly agree that this has been a great program! I have increased my weights just about every week!
  • FlTGlRL
    FlTGlRL Posts: 239
    Options
    Finally starting week 7 (Phase 2-week3). I'm just taking my time doing about 4 days on, 1 off. I think this week I'm actually starting to see a little weight loss for the first time since doing this program but as I posted before I've definitely toned up. I will keep you guys posted. I hope everyone is doing good :smile:
  • debwaid
    Options
    Finally starting week 7 (Phase 2-week3). I'm just taking my time doing about 4 days on, 1 off. I think this week I'm actually starting to see a little weight loss for the first time since doing this program but as I posted before I've definitely toned up. I will keep you guys posted. I hope everyone is doing good :smile:
    Great news!!
  • kieva626
    kieva626 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hello Phase Two'ers!! I read through and got some helpful advice thanks guys!! I did day 1 of Phase 2 today and I loved it!! I'm excited to push on through the rest of the month. I must say I was missing my cardio but now I'm doing my regular cardio plus an extra ten minutes and weight lifting! I feel like I have to see results this month. The first Phase I didnt see any weight loss but I did see more definition and toning so I'm hoping to drop a few lbs this Phase. I just really need to get back to my eating habits the after Lent binge from all the things I gave up got a bit out of hand lol. But lets go!!!
  • debwaid
    Options
    Hello Phase Two'ers!! I read through and got some helpful advice thanks guys!! I did day 1 of Phase 2 today and I loved it!! I'm excited to push on through the rest of the month. I must say I was missing my cardio but now I'm doing my regular cardio plus an extra ten minutes and weight lifting! I feel like I have to see results this month. The first Phase I didnt see any weight loss but I did see more definition and toning so I'm hoping to drop a few lbs this Phase. I just really need to get back to my eating habits the after Lent binge from all the things I gave up got a bit out of hand lol. But lets go!!!
    You saw my results....not much weight but I sure lost inches and I have certainly seen a lot of definition! I know you will get results!!
  • totallytasha
    totallytasha Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Bumpin this! I"m on week 6 now, phase 2, and I'm loving it. I reeeeally want to be able to make it through all the pushups, and be able to do a pullup!
  • kieva626
    kieva626 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Bumpin this! I"m on week 6 now, phase 2, and I'm loving it. I reeeeally want to be able to make it through all the pushups, and be able to do a pullup!

Welcome to Phase 2!! Its awesome!! I'm sure you will be reaching those goals! I personally feel so much stronger as long as we stick to it things should only get better :-)
  • debwaid
    Options
    You will get there girl! Even, I can do all the sets now! And I'm old enough to be your mom!! It took me most of Phase 1 to get through the regular pushups, but I was not able to do the narrow ones until I started Phase 1 again, 3 weeks ago!
    I need to work on the Pull ups though! That will be a tough one!
  • DEGiltz
    DEGiltz Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I thought I would check in just because. I'm now in Phase 2, week 6, Day 39 ... and I've gotta tell you that I'm so surprised that I still love this program.

So happy to have all of you sticking with it too! Hugs all around!
  • debwaid
    Options
    I thought I would check in just because. I'm now in Phase 2, week 6, Day 39 ... and I've gotta tell you that I'm so surprised that I still love this program.

So happy to have all of you sticking with it too! Hugs all around!
    Glad you are too!!
  • totallytasha
    Options
    I did that 2nd leg day over the weekend, and I'm still walking like a wood legged penguin. It's crazy - but I love it : ) it is making me delay my workouts a bit, though, because I despise doing a body part that's still sore. That being said, I'm enjoying this small break of a day I decided to take and just let myself heal.
  • debwaid
    Options
    I did that 2nd leg day over the weekend, and I'm still walking like a wood legged penguin. It's crazy - but I love it : ) it is making me delay my workouts a bit, though, because I despise doing a body part that's still sore. That being said, I'm enjoying this small break of a day I decided to take and just let myself heal.
    Good for you! It was super hard for me to get both leg workouts like she prescribed during Phase 2. My gym just isn't set up to get some of the exercises done as a superset. I was sore too!
  • Megdonald1
    Megdonald1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    SOOOOOO Monday starts round two of PHASE 2 for me. 2nd round of phase ONE I was so much stronger!! I REALLY hope to SEE a difference in round 2. I only wish I had a work out partner so that I could push heavier weight. :grumble:
  • debwaid
    Options
    SOOOOOO Monday starts round two of PHASE 2 for me. 2nd round of phase ONE I was so much stronger!! I REALLY hope to SEE a difference in round 2. I only wish I had a work out partner so that I could push heavier weight. :grumble:
    Ditto for me! On Everything! Definitely need a workout partner!
  • totallytasha
    Options

Same here. I decided this on my last round of bench presses last week - if that thing fell on me it would hurt! Need a spotter.
  • debwaid
    Options

Same here. I decided this on my last round of bench presses last week - if that thing fell on me it would hurt! Need a spotter.
    Most definitely! When I started Phase 2 the first time, my hubby came with me. Helped me with the negative reps. which you really need a spotter on those. But he's never gone back! LOL
  • totallytasha
    Options

Most definitely! When I started Phase 2 the first time, my hubby came with me. Helped me with the negative reps. which you really need a spotter on those. But he's never gone back! LOL

So my bf and I were talking about this yesterday, and he said that in high school his coach had them do negatives, but a little differently so they didn't need the help the way Jamie's version says. For bench presses, apparently they would lower the weight as slowly as possible, and then as soon as it hit the chest they'd have to push it up as fast as they could. That would put the emphasis on the lowering, but you wouldn't need a spotter to help you raise it. We should probably still have spotters as our bench weight goes up, just thought it might be a good variation on the exercise until then.
  • debwaid
    Options
    [/quote]

So my bf and I were talking about this yesterday, and he said that in high school his coach had them do negatives, but a little differently so they didn't need the help the way Jamie's version says. For bench presses, apparently they would lower the weight as slowly as possible, and then as soon as it hit the chest they'd have to push it up as fast as they could. That would put the emphasis on the lowering, but you wouldn't need a spotter to help you raise it. We should probably still have spotters as our bench weight goes up, just thought it might be a good variation on the exercise until then.
    [/quote]
    That's pretty much how I did them....although I didn't let the bar bounce on my chest!! :laugh: :bigsmile: That's just too much! lol
  • ChildOfTheLions
    Options
    I am starting Phase 2 today. !. I love the program. I know phase 3 is intense and hopefully by the time i get there i can handle it ;)