Non scale victories (NSV)

Options

Replies

• MrsKosal
    MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    For the first time ever my TRAPS are sore! And my shoulders are feeling so much tighter!
  • bsinno
    bsinno Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    holy moly i dont even know where my traps are LOL

last night i tried on a skirt to wear to work today (sorting through clothing thats been in storage for 2 years and still figuring out what fits!) It fit and i thought it looked good but something was bothering me....

I asked my husband for his opinion. he agreed it looked good too. I prodded him: "It doesn't look just a LITTLE to tight?" Why am I so confused? Because when I bought this skirt and wore it, the SCALE told me i was 15lbs lighter. and this isn't some flowy hippie skirt - its a straight up, high waisted pencil skirt, ladies and gentleman!

so, was i swimming in it when i first wore it 15 lbs ago? No. Do I look like a packed sausage today, i hope not - I can breath and thats a good sign. This NSV is less about the skirt and more about my mind starting to release the hold the scale number has over me.
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    holy moly i dont even know where my traps are LOL

last night i tried on a skirt to wear to work today (sorting through clothing thats been in storage for 2 years and still figuring out what fits!) It fit and i thought it looked good but something was bothering me....

I asked my husband for his opinion. he agreed it looked good too. I prodded him: "It doesn't look just a LITTLE to tight?" Why am I so confused? Because when I bought this skirt and wore it, the SCALE told me i was 15lbs lighter. and this isn't some flowy hippie skirt - its a straight up, high waisted pencil skirt, ladies and gentleman!

so, was i swimming in it when i first wore it 15 lbs ago? No. Do I look like a packed sausage today, i hope not - I can breath and thats a good sign. This NSV is less about the skirt and more about my mind starting to release the hold the scale number has over me.

Yes ma'am!!! Thats awesome!
  • dzinergrl18
    dzinergrl18 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Posted in wrong spot on main board--moved here!

I've been doing ChaLean Extreme for a couple months as a hybrid with Bazil Butt Lift. Then I decided to just go with CE and start following EM2LW last week. I have done the Burn Intervals probably 8-10 times through this schedule...one of the 2 min killer cardio parts is doing 20 burpees. I have never attempted to do them normal, I've always gone with the modification, which was super hard for me. Today though, I thought "why not?" So I tried, and I did 8 of them the normal way!!!! I was thrilled! Not sure that my butt was as low as it should have been, but I did them! Just had to share:)
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!!
  • bradthemedic
    bradthemedic Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Today I had a pretty great NSV, I woke up and didn't see my "love handles" protruding as much - so I took a few pictures. I wasn't even sucking my gut in and the results kind of shocked me. That's a big victory for me because all of my weight left sits in my stomach and sides- so when I see that going down I am getting that much closer to goal!
  • dzinergrl18
    dzinergrl18 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Today I had a pretty great NSV, I woke up and didn't see my "love handles" protruding as much - so I took a few pictures. I wasn't even sucking my gut in and the results kind of shocked me. That's a big victory for me because all of my weight left sits in my stomach and sides- so when I see that going down I am getting that much closer to goal!

Awesome!
  • ImaKnitter67
    Options
    I hope somebody else thinks this is as awesome as I do.

A lady in my aqua cardio class said to me, "You look like you are disappearing!" And I am not losing much weight while adusting to EM2WL, just much more toned now and I've lost in inches/partial inches almost everywhere. :-)
  • Kim55555
    Kim55555 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    The other day someone guessed I weighed 55 kg when I'm really 61 kg. :D

Another one
    I had an exciting day at the gym. For the first time when doing bicep curls I can really start to see some definition in my biceps and shoulder muscle. I can see the seperation in the shoulder!! Before the fat was covering it all and couldnt see anything. I couldn't wipe my smile off my face. I cant wait to see some tummy definition. This will probably be a few more months away.
  • Kim55555
    Kim55555 Posts: 987 Member
    Options

A lady in my aqua cardio class said to me, "You look like you are disappearing!" And I am not losing much weight while adusting to EM2WL, just much more toned now and I've lost in inches/partial inches almost everywhere. :-)

Good on you!

Me too. I'm so much thinner since feb when I weighed 60 kg. I'm hovering between 60 and 61 now. Havent lost on the scale but have lost a lot of centimeters all over and people who havent seen me for a couple of months tell me they can tell i've lost a lot more weight!
  • ImaKnitter67
    Options
    That is so great, Kim55555!!!!!

Also,for me - I had to return a new pair of workout pants. They were too large! Can I get a woo-HOO!?!
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    That is so great, Kim55555!!!!!

Also,for me - I had to return a new pair of workout pants. They were too large! Can I get a woo-HOO!?!

WOO-HOOOOOOOO
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    The other day someone guessed I weighed 55 kg when I'm really 61 kg. :D

Another one
    I had an exciting day at the gym. For the first time when doing bicep curls I can really start to see some definition in my biceps and shoulder muscle. I can see the seperation in the shoulder!! Before the fat was covering it all and couldnt see anything. I couldn't wipe my smile off my face. I cant wait to see some tummy definition. This will probably be a few more months away.

Oh so awesome...the tummy is on the way!
  • ANewLucia
    Options

I sure do think this is super awesome!!!!!

Congrats:flowerforyou:
  • ANewLucia
    Options

That is awesome... I too have some fat pockets I watch like a hawk. The scale doesn't show me the fat loss...:tongue:
  • ImaKnitter67
    Options
    Today my trainer at the YMCA raised the weights on all my weight machines! He said, "Those weights are not challenging you now. You need to up them, they're too easy for you." OMG, I am getting stronger - AT THE AGE OF 67!

I have made a vow - I can't avoid getting older, but I'll be darned if I will get old and FEEBLE.

I feel so much better and more peppy since I started eating more and now some lifting, which I have added to my 2 hours of cardio 3 times a week. Thanks a zillion times for posting this information and for all the support. :flowerforyou:
  • droidrunner
    droidrunner Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Even though I turned my alarm off before it went off and tried to convince myself to stay in bed, I got up and made it to the gym.
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    I put on a dress that fit good at 163lbs...well I'm 159ish and it is huge....I couldn't where that thing anywhere...yay.
  • ImaKnitter67
    Options
    I started my fitness journey in March, after my 67th birthday on 02/22. I had a scary bloodpressure crisis and my doctor urged (ordered?) me to lose 25 lbs. or risk a stroke. So I joined MFP, then I joined the YMCA. My beginning exercise was only 1 hour in the aqua cardio pool. I was in a size 18 bathing suit at that time. I upped my pool time to 2 hours and got a new suit, size 16. I started EM2WL, added strength training/weight machines and today I wore a size 14, lipstick pink swimsuit to the pool!
  • GoGoGadgetMum
    GoGoGadgetMum Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Just back from the gym with two nsv for me. 33kg back squat(no machine) 4 sets of 12, 30 kg dead lifts 4 sets of 12. My trainer doesn't let me get away with wrong form and apparently I was gold!! Thighs parallel with heavy squats...very happy and sure I'll feel them in the morning....... Off for protein shake now:drinker: