Monday updates....

Options
La_Amazona
La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
Any updates?
Anybody have a date (or dates) over the weekend?
Anybody meet someone over the weekend?

I'm nosey. :bigsmile:

Updates on me:

"Twirly" is my middle name today :ohwell:
I see friend lover tomorrow as we're going to a concert and hanging out.
I'm hoping I see gym crush tonight and getting this sucker once and for all.

Your turn!

Replies

• AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I came down to Pensacola for a date/weekend.

The good, we spent the entire 48 hours together and get along great.
    The bad, I'm not certain she's serious about being exclusive.
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    So on Saturday night, this girl hit on me big time in a pub/club - she checks me out, says how great I look, talks to me, keeps laughing at my jokes, says how amazing it is that our tastes are so similar (even to her friend), etc.
    Male friends ask me what I'm going to do about it (because it was that obvious).

So, I was fairly drunk at this stage, and decide to go out of the pub for a minute, suddenly remember my flask full of vodka in my pocket and finishes the content of it. Equivalent of a few shots.

Well, from there, I can't remember what happened because I was pretty much brain dead... :drinker: But someone told me I came back in the pub and slept instead of doing anything with that girl. :laugh: :bigsmile:

FOREVER ALONE! :laugh:
  • jaxdiablo
    jaxdiablo Posts: 580
    Options
    I hung out on Friday with a girl that I've had a super crush on for about 1 1/2 years now. It was the second time hanging out, it was an actual "date" as far as I can tell. We watched a movie at her place, then went out for food, gave her a foot and shoulder rub, and went home.

Now the intricacies... she's like an 8-9 on the social beauty scale, she's a belly dancer who's hooooooot, she's very intelligent, funny, all that good stuff... I have no idea what in the hell she's doing being interested in me, also I'm not sure if she really is interested. I gave her a hug at the end of the night, I started to let go, and she grabbed me tighter, I still haven't kissed her. I'm not sure if I have the intestinal fortitude to do it.

Is it really bad to just flat out ask her... "Hey, is this something or are we just friends, and I'm missing signals all over the place?" She kept saying for her it was going to be a bad date because she wasn't able to dress up, she was just in jeans and a t-shirt. Gah, I don't get it... I'm so confused.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    So on Saturday night, this girl hit on me big time in a pub/club - she checks me out, says how great I look, talks to me, keeps laughing at my jokes, says how amazing it is that our tastes are so similar (even to her friend), etc.
    Male friends ask me what I'm going to do about it (because it was that obvious).

So, I was fairly drunk at this stage, and decide to go out of the pub for a minute, suddenly remember my flask full of vodka in my pocket and finishes the content of it. Equivalent of a few shots.

Well, from there, I can't remember what happened because I was pretty much brain dead... :drinker: But someone told me I came back in the pub and slept instead of doing anything with that girl. :laugh: :bigsmile:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Love your style baby!!! :laugh:

And the mad thing is, I do the same!! (get drunk instead of get chatting!) :indifferent:
  • AnnaPixie
    Options

Hey! Give it time!! How many times have you met? How far do you live away from each other??
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I hung out on Friday with a girl that I've had a super crush on for about 1 1/2 years now. It was the second time hanging out, it was an actual "date" as far as I can tell. We watched a movie at her place, then went out for food, gave her a foot and shoulder rub, and went home.

Now the intricacies... she's like an 8-9 on the social beauty scale, she's a belly dancer who's hooooooot, she's very intelligent, funny, all that good stuff... I have no idea what in the hell she's doing being interested in me, also I'm not sure if she really is interested. I gave her a hug at the end of the night, I started to let go, and she grabbed me tighter, I still haven't kissed her. I'm not sure if I have the intestinal fortitude to do it.

Is it really bad to just flat out ask her... "Hey, is this something or are we just friends, and I'm missing signals all over the place?" She kept saying for her it was going to be a bad date because she wasn't able to dress up, she was just in jeans and a t-shirt. Gah, I don't get it... I'm so confused.

From my experience, if you don't ask early, you get friendzoned pretty quick. I'd at least give direct clues to her that I think it is something besides friends. Then she can tell you if it isn't.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options

Well I think you should ask her out on an "official date" not a hang out. That should clear some things up. She is probably just as confused as you are.
  • AnnaPixie
    Options
    .. "Hey, is this something or are we just friends, and I'm missing signals all over the place?"

Ask her!!!!!! Ring her NOW!!!!

Jeez, if you're going to be intimidated by her beauty that's going to be bad! Be CONFIDENT and go for it!! :flowerforyou:
  • La_Amazona
    Options

Ha! Story of my life.
  • La_Amazona
    Options

Why do you think that? Did she say so? Is she newly single?
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Don't ask flat out, just go for the kiss - perhaps start on the hair or something, see how she reacts.
    Now, she might be into you because YOU see her for what she really is: an intelligent, funny person (not the "hot babe 8-9 on the scale" who is belly dancer).

You could have said that it was a really good date in your opinion even though she didn't dress up - you like her for her.

Make a move indeed, or lose her.
  • La_Amazona
    Options

Oooooh love to hear that guys get all ga-ga over a girl.

Hmm, I'm not the best to take advice from in this scenario lol. I would probably hint around it though.
  • AnnaPixie
    Options
    I met a guy in the pub on Saturday too. Immediate chemistry. Such a fun chat. Around my age. Great personality. Made me laugh sooo much!...............somewhere along the line.........

he mentions:

THE WIFE!! :sad:

Oh well.........this happens to me all the time :grumble: ..........what do I expect at my age :ohwell:
  • La_Amazona
    Options

This is another reason why we have an "impossible love".

I like to drink, you like to drink.. we'd never get anything done. Ahem.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

Why do you think that? Did she say so? Is she newly single?

We definitely need more details here! Is it due to distance?
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Well I bit the bullett and joined POF this last night since I have been on eharmony since october and had 1 date and barely get matched up. I can see why guys say they are fighting for everything on there. It has been overwhelming to the point I don't know where to start. I need to cull through the emails and respond to some that took more time then to send a "hey beautiful" message.
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    I met a guy in the pub on Saturday too. Immediate chemistry. Such a fun chat. Around my age. Great personality. Made me laugh sooo much!...............somewhere along the line.........

he mentions:

THE WIFE!! :sad:

Oh well.........this happens to me all the time :grumble: ..........what do I expect at my age :ohwell:

Mother f'er!

Married guys need to wear a ring. ALL THE TIME. It should be the law. Seriously.
  • ejoy319
    ejoy319 Posts: 104
    Options
    I had a fabulous date yesterday :love:

Hunger Games and Chicago Pizza (needless to say we didn't log yesterday) but we did walk a lot. :wink:
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    Well I bit the bullett and joined POF this last night since I have been on eharmony since october and had 1 date and barely get matched up. I can see why guys say they are fighting for everything on there. It has been overwhelming to the point I don't know where to start. I need to cull through the emails and respond to some that took more time then to send a "hey beautiful" message.

Good luck babe! POF was good to me to meet great guys.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

So funny, I just opened a PoF account yesterday too. Eharmony sucks. Keep us posted.