Monday updates....

Options

Replies

• La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    My Monday update....I met this guy on OKCupid a month ago and through all my apprehension and hesitation, I couldn't help it anymore and we made it official this past Saturday. Alas, my year of singledom has come to an end. I <3 my Single Peeps! group though and will continue to lurk here everyday. ;-) Haha.

That's great!

(I haven't seen you post on here before lol... have you just lurked?)
  • Steelheart7
    Steelheart7 Posts: 1,056
    Options
    I had a great Friday night. He text me about 20 mins after I left so I know I was on his mind. No details because you guys will rip me to shreds.

Haha, did you learn from my experience?

Just kidding. I welcome it... but it doesn't mean I'll listen. :bigsmile:

No shreds! Promise!
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    FOREVER ALONE! :laugh:
    This is another reason why we have an "impossible love".
    I like to drink, you like to drink.. we'd never get anything done. Ahem.
    Damn. Except if there is a swimming pool nearby... If I start drowning I might find the energy to hang to whatever is at hand.

Ha!

TMI but I can't find my bra from that night. It was my wonder bra too. :cry:
  • JGT2004
    JGT2004 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Well I bit the bullett and joined POF this last night since I have been on eharmony since october and had 1 date and barely get matched up. I can see why guys say they are fighting for everything on there. It has been overwhelming to the point I don't know where to start. I need to cull through the emails and respond to some that took more time then to send a "hey beautiful" message.

So funny, I just opened a PoF account yesterday too. Eharmony sucks. Keep us posted.

There must be something in the water! I joined POF last Thursday and yeah tons to cull through. I came up with a generic "i'm not interested" that I send right away to those I know it wouldn't work out well with. Actually having ongoing conversations with 3-4 really interesting potentials and a date for drinks with 1 of them this Thursday. Really nervous as I haven't met anyone off the internet before!
  • Steelheart7
    Steelheart7 Posts: 1,056
    Options
    Married men should not be allowed in bars. Period.
    Eh! They need an escape from the boring wife... So no, they definitely should be allowed in bars!

And you question "forever alone" LOL...
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    I came down to Pensacola for a date/weekend.

The good, we spent the entire 48 hours together and get along great.
    The bad, I'm not certain she's serious about being exclusive.

Hey! Give it time!! How many times have you met? How far do you live away from each other??

This was our first real date. We live about 7 hours apart.

Holy smokes! I have a difficult time seeing someone who lives more than 20-30 minutes away from me.
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    Eh! They need an escape from the boring wife... So no, they definitely should be allowed in bars!

And you question "forever alone" LOL...

Good one!
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Damn. Except if there is a swimming pool nearby... If I start drowning I might find the energy to hang to whatever is at hand.

Ha!

Thanks for the TMI, made me laugh!
  • Learning2LuvLindsay
    Learning2LuvLindsay Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    I had a date Saturday night with a guy I’ve been seeing off and on for the past five months. He’s perfect and I absolutely love hanging out with him. Problem….he has a lot of family and personal issues going on…..so he’s not at a place to have anything serious. It sucks and I know I’m setting myself up for heart break but I cant seem to stay away from him. :sad:

:explode: Why.can't.we.step.away.?????

I tried! I didn’t talk to him for a month and a half and then out of the blue he text me this weekend. My head said don’t see him....but my heart of course won! I can’t help but thinking that something will develop in the future because I know we have something special. I'm just REALLY bad at waiting!
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    I had a date Saturday night with a guy I’ve been seeing off and on for the past five months. He’s perfect and I absolutely love hanging out with him. Problem….he has a lot of family and personal issues going on…..so he’s not at a place to have anything serious. It sucks and I know I’m setting myself up for heart break but I cant seem to stay away from him. :sad:

:explode: Why.can't.we.step.away.?????

I tried! I didn’t talk to him for a month and a half and then out of the blue he text me this weekend. My head said don’t see him....but my heart of course won! I can’t help but thinking that something will develop in the future because I know we have something special. I'm just REALLY bad at waiting!

Good luck there!

I hate my heart. No, I don't. I love my heart. I love it!
  • La_Amazona
    Options

Ha!

I even went back to the pool last night to check and nothing.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options

This sounds like bad news written all over it.
  • jaxdiablo
    jaxdiablo Posts: 580
    Options
    Just an FYI, I am officially NOT friendzoned.
    Pretty much asked her straight out if we were both on the same page and her response is, "I wouldn't laugh so much and have such a good time if I wasn't interested" she also goes on to tell me she's not good about constantly reassuring, so I'm gonna need to just accept it and move forward. So time for me to get that intestinal fortitude.
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    Just an FYI, I am officially NOT friendzoned.
    Pretty much asked her straight out if we were both on the same page and her response is, "I wouldn't laugh so much and have such a good time if I wasn't interested" she also goes on to tell me she's not good about constantly reassuring, so I'm gonna need to just accept it and move forward. So time for me to get that intestinal fortitude.

Woot!! :drinker:
  • lorro
    lorro Posts: 917 Member
    Options

Ha!

Maybe Friend-Lover nicked it :bigsmile:
  • bruintamer
    bruintamer Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    My Monday update....I met this guy on OKCupid a month ago and through all my apprehension and hesitation, I couldn't help it anymore and we made it official this past Saturday. Alas, my year of singledom has come to an end. I <3 my Single Peeps! group though and will continue to lurk here everyday. ;-) Haha.

That's great!

(I haven't seen you post on here before lol... have you just lurked?)

Thanks! Lol, I've posted here and there -- not a total lurker. I had a very very similar friend lover situation like yours and it went on for a year and I just could not quit him...until I met this new guy. Very happy to finally be able to put friend lover situation to rest!
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options

my exhusband met the girl he cheated on me with at a gas station so its not just bars.

Nothing this weekend. Nada. Nil. Zilch. I need to get out more
  • La_Amazona
    Options

Ha!

Maybe Friend-Lover nicked it :bigsmile:

hopefully not.. after what you all said (he sounds gay lol).
  • pammbroo
    pammbroo Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Dateless wonder here!! I hear you all talking so much about POF. Been a few years since I was on there and it was a freakshow then. Entertaining, but definitely a freakshow. lol

Hmmm, dare I go there again?? :huh:
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Well I bit the bullett and joined POF this last night since I have been on eharmony since october and had 1 date and barely get matched up. I can see why guys say they are fighting for everything on there. It has been overwhelming to the point I don't know where to start. I need to cull through the emails and respond to some that took more time then to send a "hey beautiful" message.

So funny, I just opened a PoF account yesterday too. Eharmony sucks. Keep us posted.
    Eharmony sucks. Keep us posted.

Uh-oh I need details on this... my friend who wants to go online is thinking about eharmony... she's convinced that's what she needs to do in order to find someone to marry rather than just a one-night-stand

The matches on Eharmony for me are few and far between. I think there have been about 70 matches and probably about 1/3 were from another state even though I put I didn't want to be matched with anyone over 100 miles away. That has been since mid october and out of that only about 4 icebreaker/ get to know you things. The one guy I actually met was nice there was just no click at all and I met him the first weekend I was on there.