Monday updates....

Options

Replies

• AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I came down to Pensacola for a date/weekend.

The good, we spent the entire 48 hours together and get along great.
    The bad, I'm not certain she's serious about being exclusive.

Hey! Give it time!! How many times have you met? How far do you live away from each other??

This was our first real date. We live about 7 hours apart.
  • jaxdiablo
    jaxdiablo Posts: 580
    Options
    No we've both agreed that what we went is an actual date, we had a date planned earlier in the week that she had to reschedule, so to make up for it we were just going to hang out on Friday. So yeah, she knows I'm interested, I basically professed my crush for her when we first met, but I couldn't do anything at the time because she was dating an ex-friend of mine.

We have plans this week to actually go see a movie together and stuff, so yeah...

I did tell her the date was amazing even without her needing to dress up. It's just weird because she's like the "unicorn" for me. All the ideal qualities, great personality, physically gorgeous... I mean really it's scary.

I'm going to try to kiss her on the next date. I'm almost positive I'm not friendzoned, but I'm not sure if I'm boyfriend material yet. It's a precarious ledge to be on.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I met a guy in the pub on Saturday too. Immediate chemistry. Such a fun chat. Around my age. Great personality. Made me laugh sooo much!...............somewhere along the line.........

he mentions:

THE WIFE!! :sad:

Oh well.........this happens to me all the time :grumble: ..........what do I expect at my age :ohwell:

So frustrating!
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Don't ask flat out, just go for the kiss - perhaps start on the hair or something, see how she reacts.

Did I mention my middle name is "twirly" today?
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    if you're going to be intimidated by her beauty that's going to be bad! Be CONFIDENT and go for it!! :flowerforyou:
    this :tongue:
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I met a guy in the pub on Saturday too. Immediate chemistry. Such a fun chat. Around my age. Great personality. Made me laugh sooo much!...............somewhere along the line.........

he mentions:

THE WIFE!! :sad:

Oh well.........this happens to me all the time :grumble: ..........what do I expect at my age :ohwell:

Mother f'er!

Married guys need to wear a ring. ALL THE TIME. It should be the law. Seriously.

At least he mentioned her.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Well I bit the bullett and joined POF this last night since I have been on eharmony since october and had 1 date and barely get matched up. I can see why guys say they are fighting for everything on there. It has been overwhelming to the point I don't know where to start. I need to cull through the emails and respond to some that took more time then to send a "hey beautiful" message.

So funny, I just opened a PoF account yesterday too. Eharmony sucks. Keep us posted.

You too.
  • jaxdiablo
    jaxdiablo Posts: 580
    Options
    Don't ask flat out, just go for the kiss - perhaps start on the hair or something, see how she reacts.

Did I mention my middle name is "twirly" today?

I guess the fact that I gave her a foot and shoulder massage (with lotion), and then leaned over and rested my head on hers and had my hands on her arms after the massage is a good indicator?
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Is it really bad to just flat out ask her... "Hey, is this something or are we just friends, and I'm missing signals all over the place?" She kept saying for her it was going to be a bad date because she wasn't able to dress up, she was just in jeans and a t-shirt. Gah, I don't get it... I'm so confused.

I don't think there's anything wrong with asking her flat out. Perhaps consider asking her out and actually using the word "Date" and see how she reacts, if she comes back with "hang out" or something more "friendly" then you know where she stands...
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Well I bit the bullett and joined POF this last night since I have been on eharmony since october and had 1 date and barely get matched up. I can see why guys say they are fighting for everything on there. It has been overwhelming to the point I don't know where to start. I need to cull through the emails and respond to some that took more time then to send a "hey beautiful" message.

So funny, I just opened a PoF account yesterday too. Eharmony sucks. Keep us posted.
    Eharmony sucks. Keep us posted.

Uh-oh I need details on this... my friend who wants to go online is thinking about eharmony... she's convinced that's what she needs to do in order to find someone to marry rather than just a one-night-stand
  • Steelheart7
    Steelheart7 Posts: 1,056
    Options
    Oh my goodness .. you are all such busy people! lol.

Ask her flat out.

7 hours is quite a distance for a relationship.

I think that it is Twirly Monday .... !!!!!!

Married men should not be allowed in bars. Period.
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Married men should not be allowed in bars. Period.
    Eh! They need an escape from the boring wife... So no, they definitely should be allowed in bars!
  • Meghan0116
    Meghan0116 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I have been chatting off and on with a guy from POF for a couple weeks. He currently has a horrible schedule, 4am - 630 pm damn Navy, and we talked about meeting for drinks Saturday night. I took my son to BG, Jay knew, on Saturday and I was tired and feeling pretty ****ty about myself so I told him I couldn't find a babysitter. I probably could have. His response was, it's okay but now I have to wait longer to see you and that sucks. I thought that was sweet. I don't have my son on Wed. or Thurs. so we might get drinks then.

I am not sure. I am feeling pretty ****ty about myself today too. He is really cute and I just don't think he would be interested in me once we meet. I am starting to think that I am the kind of girl guys sleep with but don't date.
  • Learning2LuvLindsay
    Learning2LuvLindsay Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    I had a date Saturday night with a guy I’ve been seeing off and on for the past five months. He’s perfect and I absolutely love hanging out with him. Problem….he has a lot of family and personal issues going on…..so he’s not at a place to have anything serious. It sucks and I know I’m setting myself up for heart break but I cant seem to stay away from him. :sad:
  • bruintamer
    bruintamer Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    My Monday update....I met this guy on OKCupid a month ago and through all my apprehension and hesitation, I couldn't help it anymore and we made it official this past Saturday. Alas, my year of singledom has come to an end. I <3 my Single Peeps! group though and will continue to lurk here everyday. ;-) Haha.
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I had a great Friday night. He text me about 20 mins after I left so I know I was on his mind. No details because you guys will rip me to shreds.
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    I had a date Saturday night with a guy I’ve been seeing off and on for the past five months. He’s perfect and I absolutely love hanging out with him. Problem….he has a lot of family and personal issues going on…..so he’s not at a place to have anything serious. It sucks and I know I’m setting myself up for heart break but I cant seem to stay away from him. :sad:

:explode: Why.can't.we.step.away.?????
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

Eharmony sucks. Keep us posted.

Uh-oh I need details on this... my friend who wants to go online is thinking about eharmony... she's convinced that's what she needs to do in order to find someone to marry rather than just a one-night-stand

When you're on Eharmony, they send you lots of matches the first month, but if you're on any longer than that it goes down to 2-3 a week. And basically no one ever writes or responds to one another (I've heard both men & women say this). It just feels pointless and expensive after a while.
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    FOREVER ALONE! :laugh:
    This is another reason why we have an "impossible love".
    I like to drink, you like to drink.. we'd never get anything done. Ahem.
    Damn. Except if there is a swimming pool nearby... If I start drowning I might find the energy to hang to whatever is at hand.
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    I had a great Friday night. He text me about 20 mins after I left so I know I was on his mind. No details because you guys will rip me to shreds.

Haha, did you learn from my experience?

Just kidding. I welcome it... but it doesn't mean I'll listen. :bigsmile: