Week 5 288 ish

20120511_155041.jpg

Week 7 288ish after conquering a bigass hill

IMG_2614.jpg

Absolutely awesome!!!
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Here is my 2 week progress pics. The first pic I was 243.8 and then 2nd pic is today im 244. I havn't lost weight but I have put on some muscle from working out alot harder since i have been doing em2wl. I still have along way to go to lose my man boobs and love handles.

7-2438-1.jpg
    8-244-1.jpg

Wow nice... You are on your way!
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Me back in 2009. I still have this shirt and it is way too big for me. I need to take a pic in it to compare.

Apr_2010.jpg

Me on Friday May 25th. Instead of posting a mirror picture which I think CAN make you look smaller I took a close-up of myself to get an idea of my belly area. This is my problem area.

52512_me2.jpg

Also my album is public so if you want to look at the rest of the pics here is the album link.

http://s1168.photobucket.com/albums/r482/aj_55434/
  • hollydohrman
    hollydohrman Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Today is day 60 of my second round of P90x. Round one was the classic version and I saw some results but I really didn't follow he diet plan so when I decided to go through another round of P90x I also decided to focus on my diet as well. This time I decided to do the doubles version which added extra cardio to classic. I joined this group got my TDEE and BMR and off I went. I've made a couple of adjustments to my calorie intake just because of the extra cardio I'm doing.

I've gained about 5 pounds on the scale and my measurements are holding steady except for an inch increase in my arms and legs but I am gaining muscle so I'm not freaking out about the gains.

The only pictures I am brave enough to post are of my arm. This is one of the areas I really wanted to see improve. I hate the fact that when I waved my entire arm waved too. Watch it wiggle.....

This picture was taken at the end of March when I finished round one.

d953f55e.jpg

This picture was taken on day 30 of round two. There is a little more definition but still looking pretty soft.

971d5f3a.jpg

This was taken today. Finally starting to see some muscle. I'm hoping to see even more at the end of June.

7e33bbb7.jpg
  • Kooopons
    Kooopons Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Woops- thought I posted to this thread and posted to the wrong one!

I have been eating more for about 7-8 weeks. I'm only down a 1/2 pound but lots and lots of inches, 2 pants sizes and just finished stage 1 of NROLFW.

Here is my before and after from when I started MFP at the beginning of the year. I think I might have been heavier than in the before photo by the time I started but hardly have any pictures of myself The after taken 2 days ago- and TOM is now so I'm even bloated :-)
    Still much work to do!!!

beforeafter2012.jpg

Here is my before/after face shot. Admittedly an awful before picture. The after was from a few weeks ago, I think I may have thinned out a bit more, I can feel more bone structure when washing my face- ha!

facecollage.jpg

I have some before starting EM2WL but they are on my jefit app on my phone and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to upload. I think you have to have the pay version to upload and sync to your online account- bummer!!!
  • cinico
    cinico Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Kooopons awesome progress!!!!
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options

^^ this. you look amazing!
  • dzinergrl18
    dzinergrl18 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You all are amazing and a huge inspiration to me. I just started upping calories yesterday and even with eating more, only netted around 1250. Trying to do better today (TDEE is 2000, BMR is 1500). Right now I've got a net of 1056, with dinner still to eat. I'm doing Chalean Extreme and am really working on upping my weights as well. I can't wait to post my before/after pics in a couple of months!!! Thanks for sharing :)
  • meggyh20
    meggyh20 Posts: 116
    Options

I agree... WOW. I hope I can see similar results by the end of this year, given I just started in May. :)
  • amivox
    amivox Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Ok, KGordon7 had posted this a couple weeks ago and I thought it would be great to see the progression from low cals, to more cals with weight training added...

*I must warn you first that this could be a long read, but a good read I must say* So today is finally here, my one year anniversary and boy the changes that have taken place are just so amazing. Every time I look back at my pictures from when I first started, I have to ask myself was that really me? Sometimes we don’t realize how we look until changes happen, and I’m so glad that I’m on this journey because I not only look better, but I feel better, my confidence is so much higher, I’m so energized, and overall just so much healthier. Exactly one year ago, I started watching youtube videos of others who have lost weight, and this one particular person mentioned Myfitnesspal, so I signed up and started tracking my calories. Shocker, Shocker, Shocker!!! When I tell you that I was so outdone when I seen how many calories, fat, carbs, and sodium was in the stuff that I use to eat, it was just ridiculous. Now don’t get me wrong, I didn’t actually stop eating what I eat, but I did cut back a lot on portion sizes and stayed away from too much fast food. I was 198 when I started and chose the 2 pounds per week option so of course MFP put me on the 1200 calories. I started searching for exercise videos and found a couple of ten minute videos and worked my way up to doing Billy Blanks Tae bo cardio. I lost weight at a great pace and was weighing myself everyday and the numbers continued to go down, down and down. Since I was heavy and very short, 5’2, this worked because I was considered obese for my height and age. Here is me at 198, and yep that is me and it’s kind of hard to believe. i2ko4x.jpg

Okay, so eating the 1200 calories lasted for a good bit and I never hit a plateau, but I was aware of plateaus and was looking forward to one after reading that others hit one. In about 3 months, I lost about 33 pounds, and here is another picture to show the difference.
    xljk3n.jpg

So, I continued on with the 1200 calories and Billy Blanks, protein was very low around the 40s or sometimes even lower, fats were also low, and just like most people starting out, I was afraid of the fats because I thought that it would make me fat, and I didn’t know any better about the protein because I didn’t do enough research and just relied on MFP. Also I was netting very low calories because I was only eating 1200 calories and at the time I didn’t have a HRM, but I knew that I was burning lots of calories because I was heavy and was very unfit. So another 3 months later, I had lost another 23 pounds and was weighing 142 in this picture. Whoa, what a difference from the 198. Here, I just looked slim and no muscle definition, some flab, just skinny.
    2uy0ugh.jpg

Around August, I started doing Chalean Johnsons’ Turbo Jam, and I loved it. I think it was around this time, I started doing some research about muscle definition and leaning out your body, though still on the 1200 calories. I also, started paying attention to the types of foods I was eating. My food choices have changed time and time again, so most of everything I started out eating, I don’t eat anymore because I really don’t want to. So around October, I started Jillian Michael’s 30 Day Shred. Just to throw this out here, I’m the type of person that loves a challenge and this was definitely a challenge, because I read others talking about how hard it was. Then, it was hard, but now it’s probably a piece of cake because I’m more fit now and have done more hardcore things. After I was done with her 30 Day Shred, I started Ripped in 30 and did 2 rounds of it. I started doing more research, and discovered Chalean Extreme because I wanted to start weight lifting to shape my body and lean out more and to also get more muscle definition. I also started eating more around November, but I was still not eating enough for the amount of calories I was burning, and although I upped my protein, it still wasn’t enough. So after more and more research and after staring Chalean Extreme on New Year’s Eve, I started netting 1200 instead of eating that amount. Here is a pic from December before I started that process.

15yj22g.jpg

Here, I was down about 70 pounds. So after more research, I learned that I really should be netting my BMR and starting eating around 1600-2000 calories depending on the workout and estimation of calories burned. We have to fuel our bodies, and I had to learn that food is not an enemy. Around February, I was weighing 126.4, with a better looking body than before I started lifting weights. Here is another picture.

348mwsz.png

My goal weight that I had in mind was 125, and since I’m very close to that goal, my weight has fluctuated from 126-128 range and it doesn’t bother me because I’m basically at goal anyway. I now wear a size 7/8 in jeans and probably a 6 and a size 4 in dress pants. I can wear small tops and all of this is just amazing to me because I feel so much better. When I first started this journey, I didn’t have a lot of support but all I needed was my very own support and continuous prayer to God each and every day and it has brought me this far. I don’t see not having support as an excuse because if you want it bad enough, then you will and can do it. I haven’t eaten at a restaurant since last summer, and it’s not because I’m scared of the food, I just don’t want it. Some people feel like you can’t enjoy life unless you’re eating junk food and restaurant food, and that is simply not the case. I enjoy my life just fine without it and I love preparing my food everywhere I go. I can still hang with my family and friends and enjoy them without eating what they’re eating. I’ve attended a birthday party and took my own cooked food, I’ve even gone to a restaurant with them, and guess what, I took my own cooked food and ate with them (by the way one of the workers thought that was so unique and cool, and he even added that he liked that). I said that to say that life is not about FOOD. Yes you need food to live, and like the saying goes you only get one life, so why not live it right, well you only get one body, so why not treat it right? I can look back at my pictures and laugh and smile because that’s not my body, my attitude, or my personality anymore. People will change once they get healthier and lose weight and you’re suppose to because you’re no longer that old you anymore. I’m not saying get all cocky, but you will have more confidence and your self esteem is greater and it should be. Some people get mad or jealous of others when they say that you feel and look so much better and boy you know everybody doesn’t root for you, I’d be willing to bet that some people are rooting for us to gain our weight back, but that sure won’t happen because I’ve learned how to eat right and eat foods that I can eat for the rest of my life. Had I starved myself throughout this entire process, I would probably gain it back, but that’s not the case. I enjoy what I eat and I love, love, love that I can eat all day and still not gain weight, but rather lose fat and have a lean body and a fast metabolism. Okay here my final pics before and after Chalean Extreme.

rqw5fa.png

It doesn’t stop here. I’m doing the Lean for Life phase, and I’m going to start Turbo Fire soon. I hope you all enjoyed this story and I hope that it can inspire and motivate others as well. Oh, I almost forgot, I am now at a loss of 72 pounds and if I lose, I lose, if not that’s fine with me because the scale is no longer my worry, but the changes in the mirror are. I also find it amazing that I have the V-shape underneath the fat that I'm trying to diminish which is what most men and some girls have, and that wasn’t a goal, buy hey I’ll take it. There is still more work to be done to make it more defined and there is still more fat to be burned. I need to go get my body fat percentage calculated because I have no clue what it is.

The final pic is a one year difference
    2zdpp4o.png

5955717.png

AMAZING!!
  • ANewLucia
    Options

I have been eating more for about 7-8 weeks. I'm only down a 1/2 pound but lots and lots of inches, 2 pants sizes and just finished stage 1 of NROLFW.

Here is my before and after from when I started MFP at the beginning of the year. I think I might have been heavier than in the before photo by the time I started but hardly have any pictures of myself The after taken 2 days ago- and TOM is now so I'm even bloated :-)
    Still much work to do!!!

beforeafter2012.jpg

Here is my before/after face shot. Admittedly an awful before picture. The after was from a few weeks ago, I think I may have thinned out a bit more, I can feel more bone structure when washing my face- ha!

facecollage.jpg

I have some before starting EM2WL but they are on my jefit app on my phone and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to upload. I think you have to have the pay version to upload and sync to your online account- bummer!!!

Wow amzing!!!
  • stephr2014
    stephr2014 Posts: 311 Member
    Options

Still much work to do!!!

beforeafter2012.jpg

facecollage.jpg

WOW! Awesome progress!
  • Kooopons
    Kooopons Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I sometimes can't believe it until I see the photos. I showed my husband who also could not believe that I had looked like that and look like I do now. My brother took that awful before photo, he's famous for taking pics when you are not "ready". But I'm glad I have it as I would normally run from the camera, ESPECIALLY in my bathing suit!

I need to get better at taking photos more often since I'm seeing huge changes lifting weights! Still much more work to do but I'll take the changes slowly so they'll last!
  • avalynsmom
    avalynsmom Posts: 78
    Options
    Alright, I was asked to post my progress pics here, so here goes! This is after 6 weeks of The New Rules of Lifting for Women, and after 8wks or more of Eating More (I actually only TRIED 1200 cals for about 3 days lol:) The weight difference between these two pics is only about 5.5lbs, but it's about 19" overall, and, according to online calculators, about 5% bodyfat:)

PicsArt_1339423508279-1.jpg

PicsArt_1339423638698.jpg

And in that first pic, I was actually down 17lbs from my actual starting weight, I just never took a pic at the beginning! I lost those 17lbs eating more, and just slowed down on weight loss when I started heavy lifting/gaining muscle.
  • mjslazak
    mjslazak Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    so i havent really lost much "weight" since i started eating more to fuel my body and my workouts which include both cardio and heavy lifting, but i have dropped my body fat% significantly. Here is my journey in pictures.

7160217758_d629a22d0b.jpg
    2010-2012 (2) by emgawne, on Flickr

This is great! Thanks for posting!
  • kazala
    kazala Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Ive just orderd my copy of NROLFW, cant wait for it to arrive :)
    Youve gone great very inspiring !
    Alright, I was asked to post my progress pics here, so here goes! This is after 6 weeks of The New Rules of Lifting for Women, and after 8wks or more of Eating More (I actually only TRIED 1200 cals for about 3 days lol:) The weight difference between these two pics is only about 5.5lbs, but it's about 19" overall, and, according to online calculators, about 5% bodyfat:)

And in that first pic, I was actually down 17lbs from my actual starting weight, I just never took a pic at the beginning! I lost those 17lbs eating more, and just slowed down on weight loss when I started heavy lifting/gaining muscle.
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Be kind.. This is my first before/during pic... Doing EMTWL since March.
    I know the pics arent at the same vantage point.. but hopefully thats actual progress and not deceptive camera angling..
    Also just about to finish Stage 1 of NROL4W

Sidebyside-1.jpg
  • GoGoGadgetMum
    GoGoGadgetMum Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Omg how could we not be kind...lol , fantastic progress, amazing change. I'm sure you are super proud of your work.

Thanks for sharing :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • ANewLucia
    Options

This is absolutely amazing...What awesome progress! Keep up the great work!!!!
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    Be kind.. This is my first before/during pic... Doing EMTWL since March.
    I know the pics arent at the same vantage point.. but hopefully thats actual progress and not deceptive camera angling..
    Also just about to finish Stage 1 of NROL4W

Sidebyside-1.jpg

Lady, I am SO PROUD OF YOU!!!! AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME PROGRESS!!!!
    Lucia