Schwaggggggg

Options

Replies

• tomhassi
    tomhassi Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Upgraded to 1x10 drivetrain and a Magura fork. The components feel great. Still waiting for new tires and carbon rims...
    1447076311-IMG_20151109_153722.jpg
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    ^^ Nice, I just figured out half of my Christmas shopping on that site. Love the winter fat bike tee.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Just got this bad boy last night, in preparation for the upcoming trainer season.

cycleops-bike-thong-sweat-catcher_281447.jpg
  • cowbellsandcoffee
    cowbellsandcoffee Posts: 2,975 Member
    Options
    ^^ Nice, I just figured out half of my Christmas shopping on that site. Love the winter fat bike tee.

Me too. :D
  • ntnunk
    ntnunk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    jacksonpt wrote: »
    Just got this bad boy last night, in preparation for the upcoming trainer season.

cycleops-bike-thong-sweat-catcher_281447.jpg
    I've had one of these for a couple of years now. Love it. I keep the fan remotes in one of the little pockets and the other one stuffed full of gel packs. Works great and keeps some of the goo off the bike.

• ntnunk
    Options
    Not my schwag, unfortunately, but I just picked this up for the wife (@canbbot)
    h7zea0sgstg2.jpg
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,683 Member
    Options
    ntnunk wrote: »
    Not my schwag, unfortunately, but I just picked this up for the wife (@canbbot)
    h7zea0sgstg2.jpg

Bella!

• ntnunk
    Options
    So, not exactly new, but new to me. Turns out that due to some odd sizing choices by Felt, my wife's old road bike actually fits me quite well, or will with some minimal changes (longer stem, longer cranks). 2012 Felt AR5, very aggressive aero road bike, less than 2k miles on it. She just replaced this with the Bianchi pictured above, so I inherited it. It'll make a fine road race and crit machine for next season's racing!
    9qnd0x945cnr.jpg
  • cowbellsandcoffee
    cowbellsandcoffee Posts: 2,975 Member
    Options
    ^ Nice.
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    So, not exactly new, but new to me. Turns out that due to some odd sizing choices by Felt, my wife's old road bike actually fits me quite well, or will with some minimal changes (longer stem, longer cranks). 2012 Felt AR5, very aggressive aero road bike, less than 2k miles on it. She just replaced this with the Bianchi pictured above, so I inherited it. It'll make a fine road race and crit machine for next season's racing!
    9qnd0x945cnr.jpg

not as pretty as the Bianchi... but with the stem swapped (i'd guess to something with a little less lift as well) it certainly looks functional and quick... stick a pair of 50mm deep aero wheels on there and it'll fly...
  • ntnunk
    Options
    TheBigYin wrote: »
    not as pretty as the Bianchi... but with the stem swapped (i'd guess to something with a little less lift as well) it certainly looks functional and quick... stick a pair of 50mm deep aero wheels on there and it'll fly...

I'm pretty jealous of the Bianchi, I have to say. I'm probably going to try and acquire a Sempre or Oltre XR.1 frameset in the next few months.

As for the Felt, the pic above is with the seat height set for my wife. It's now up where I need it and the drop is quite a bit more aggressive than shown here, as you can probably imagine. I also have a nice set of 46mm Reynolds carbon wheels that will work (and look) awesome on this baby. Swap the crappy stock saddle out for something my undercarriage can tolerate a little better, get a power meter ordered for it, and take it to my coach to get fitted and figure out what length and rise of stem I need to order.

My plan is to get this bike kitted out as the aggressive race machine, build myself a nice Bianchi for everything else, and probably relegate my current Specialized Roubaix to trainer and foul-weather duty.
  • ntnunk
    Options
    Just acquired this to upgrade the Felt from the 10 speed Shimano 105 (and no-name OEM brakes) to SRAM Force 22 11 speed. Cassette and chain are an the way. Should be doing the switch-over next weekend.
    z296yzw951h3.jpg
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Just acquired this to upgrade the Felt from the 10 speed Shimano 105 (and no-name OEM brakes) to SRAM Force 22 11 speed. Cassette and chain are an the way. Should be doing the switch-over next weekend.
    z296yzw951h3.jpg

Love a bit of SRAM ;)
  • ntnunk
    edited December 2015
    Options
    cloggsy71 wrote: »
    Love a bit of SRAM ;)
    Same here. I've ridden nothing but SRAM for the last few years until recently. Riding Shimano again on the Felt for last few weeks has reconfirmed my status as a SRAM fan boy. Shimano isn't bad but I definitely like SRAM kit better.
  • cloggsy71
    Options
    Shimano isn't bad but I definitely like SRAM kit better.

;) Couldn't have said it better myself ;)
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Shimano isn't bad but I definitely like SRAM kit better.

To be honest, I find myself thinking much the same, only About Campagnolo and Shimano. I'd have Campag on the bike any day of the week, only reason I've stuck with Shimano has been price - I fully intended getting myself my "dream build" bike when I hit my target weight - but, when it became clear that this could be sometime in 2020 or later, and that there's no longer any guarantee i'll either be on this earth by then, or that I'll be fit to actually ride a bike to the degree that'd justify dropping £5000+ or so on something gorgeous and italian from tyres to saddle - it's now looking more and more unlikely I'll ever get back on Campag. unless I build one of my "Eroica Compliant" frames up with second hand kit... :cry:

• cloggsy71
    Options
    Never ever ridden Campag, so couldn't possibly comment ;)
  • ntnunk
    Options
    I've never ridden Campy stuff either. My plan at present is to build myself a Bianchi Oltre sometime next year. I feel like the right thing to do is just suck it up and go full Italian but I kind of doubt I will. I like SRAM, all my other bikes will be SRAM, and I don't like the idea of having one bike that I have to think about every time I shift.
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I just got this for my man's bike. He commutes every day and has some sketchy intersections to navigate. This thing is loud as hell and refillable with a bike pump.
    wxms1jgi1cgu.jpg

http://www.airzound.co.uk/