• jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    UPS says these just got delivered...

wtb-bridger-plus-bike-tire1-1024x768.jpg
  • ntnunk
    ntnunk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Last couple of bits needed for my SRAM Force 22 conversion just arrived.

h6hulhnfwqbo.jpg
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Nice!

I prefer KMC Chains though... The X11SL ;)
  • cloggsy71
    Options
    My latest purchases from Planet X have arrived...

Crab hand winter gloves:

PXLGWL_P1.jpg

High-Viz Roubaix Arm Warmers:

CLPXHIVRAW_P1.jpg

Windproof Headband

CLPXWPHB_P1.jpg

Neoprene Overshoes (with zips this time, not bloody velcro!)

CLPXNOS_P1.jpg

... I just think these are going to be a bit warm when I'm on my trainer* :lol:

(*) Just thought I'd get it in before someone else does ;)
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,683 Member
    Options
    cloggsy71 wrote: »
    PXLGWL_P1.jpg

Ahhhh, Robster Craws.

I'm pretty sure I posted a shot of a pair of those in here at some point (can't be arsed going back through the 25 pages to confirm it though)

They're definitely warm, but unless they've changed the material supplier, they're about as water resistant as a used teabag. My Advice, get some Nikwax Wash In Waterproofer (ask which one at a good outdoors shop, tell 'em you need it for on bikes so they'll get piss wet through, not just a bit splashed...) for 'em - I used some "Fabric and Leather Proof" that was intended for fabric walking boots, primarily because I already had it, and it worked, but was a bit messy compared to the "wash in" stuff...

• cloggsy71
    Options
    TheBigYin wrote: »
    My Advice, get some Nikwax Wash In Waterproofer (ask which one at a good outdoors shop, tell 'em you need it for on bikes so they'll get piss wet through, not just a bit splashed...)

I use the stuff all the time ;) Thanks for the info though ;)
  • cloggsy71
    Options
    What? No Christmas Schwaaaaaaag on display? Very disappointing...
  • TheBigYin
    edited December 2015
    Options

you got a bike, post pic's of that... I've been riding indoors for the past 2 months, apart from something to control the smell of sweat that's permeating the entire bike-cave, nearest I've come to buying anything bike related is some laundry items for all the soaking wet cycling gear and a couple of fresh towels!
  • matsprt1984
    matsprt1984 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    rsyvcbzoe9ur.jpeg

Just starting to play with it but I can tell this is going to be fun. Some Xmas schwaggg for cloggsy71 !!
  • cloggsy71
    Options

you got a bike, post pic's of that...

It hasn't seen the light of day yet... hoping to get out on it soon & take some scenic shots (on my phone) :lol:
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    No pictures at the moment - I'll try and grab one tomorrow - but the search for the ideal Saddle for indoor trainer continues... It's strange, I can ride for ever outdoors on the Fizik Arione but indoors, after about a hour, things that really should never go numb - start to go numb... I've tried the Antares from my CaadX (which I thought may be better, as it's fine on the more "sit up" positioning on the CaadX - but the "nose" of the saddle is a bit flat and wide and again, after a hour or so I'm no longer in touch with my own gentlemans vegetables...

So, this morning, the postman arrived with a rather lovely looking Fizik Aliante... In White, with black trim (pretty much exactly like the Arione then, and the Antares for that matter... anyone would think i've got a Panda Fetish!)

Fitted it to the Dolan, rode for a hour and felt pretty much okay, slightly high at the nose (that's after I set it up as "dead level" with the trusty spirit level as well - just as a starting position.) but otherwise fine. So, climbed off the trainer after a hour of the Zwift FTP builder session, whipped out the Allen Key, teeny-tiny spanner and adjusted the nose down 1 whole turn of the micro-tilt head. Jumped on trainer again, after 1 minute felt like I was sliding forwards off the saddle, so 1/4 turn nose up. Ride, still slightly low, 1/8 turn nose up, Ride. Perfect.

Another Hour on the trainer - no discomfort whatsoever - now it only remains to see if it's actually as comfortable outdoors as it is indoors... If it is, then I'll be buying another, more upmarket (read one with posh rails!) version for the Dolan, and this one will go on the CaadX for Winter Road Duties...

• cloggsy71
    Options
    I still really want to try an Adamo saddle...
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options

My triathlete friend swears by his. Has one on several of his bikes. Also noticed quite a few club members have them as well which is a good sign..

• cowbellsandcoffee
    cowbellsandcoffee Posts: 2,975 Member
    Options
    Scooped up a bunch of bits...

Bontrager Rougarou tires, Bar Mitts and Portland Design Works fenders for the Farley.

Bontrager Flash Charger Pump for helping me seat my tires.

Giro Seam snow helmet.
  • ntnunk
    Options
    So, this morning, the postman arrived with a rather lovely looking Fizik Aliante... In White, with black trim (pretty much exactly like the Arione then, and the Antares for that matter... anyone would think i've got a Panda Fetish!)
    I've got a Aliante Versus X on the Ridley and I love it. I've never ridden it on the trainer but I've put in some fairly long outdoor rides and the saddle has always done me well.
    cloggsy71 wrote:
    I had an Adamo on my TT bike for a year or so. Never got along with it. The nose was just too wide and because the individual tines flex a lot it didn't provide me with a stable platform while in the aero bars. I tried a Fizik Tritone2 and eventually swapped to a Specialized Sitero. I haven't looked back since. I'm happy with Aliante on my 'cross bike because I need the extra padding for the offroad stuff, but for road and TT bikes it's Specialized all the way: Sitero on the TT bike and Power on the road bike.

• tonybalony01
    tonybalony01 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    wfgq7cq5nz1f.jpg

Here's my Christmas swag.
  • cowbellsandcoffee
    cowbellsandcoffee Posts: 2,975 Member
    Options
    ^ I have the same coffee shirt. B)
  • tonybalony01
    tonybalony01 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    ^ I have the same coffee shirt. B)

I loved it when I saw it. My wife was nice enough to order it for me. :)
  • ntnunk
    Options
    This thing was hiding under a table at the back of the store during a "warehouse clearance rummage sale" at Performance Bike. I picked it up brand new, still in the box, for almost 60% off. Put in 90 minutes on tonight. It's a REALLY nice trainer!
    fp5pum74odoa.jpg
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    ntnunk wrote: »
    This thing was hiding under a table at the back of the store during a "warehouse clearance rummage sale" at Performance Bike. I picked it up brand new, still in the box, for almost 60% off. Put in 90 minutes on tonight. It's a REALLY nice trainer!
    fp5pum74odoa.jpg

That's the one I really wanted, rather than a "refresh" on the Bushido Line that i've settled for this winter - sadly, finances weren't up to the £1000 or so that they're priced at over here at the moment - plus, I was hearing some bad stories about early adopters and needing to ship the units back for repairs, so using the european box-shifting companies which got the price down wasn't really an option - hopefully, I'll have a better year, work wise, and be able to shift the Bushido Smart next autumn and trade up...