Schwaggggggg

Options

Replies

• ntnunk
    ntnunk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    TheBigYin wrote: »
    That's the one I really wanted, rather than a "refresh" on the Bushido Line that i've settled for this winter - sadly, finances weren't up to the £1000 or so that they're priced at over here at the moment - plus, I was hearing some bad stories about early adopters and needing to ship the units back for repairs, so using the european box-shifting companies which got the price down wasn't really an option - hopefully, I'll have a better year, work wise, and be able to shift the Bushido Smart next autumn and trade up...
    I've been intrigued by these since they came out. Never thought I'd acquire one as I couldn't justify $1600 for a trainer. This one was sold off at $750 since the box got banged up in the warehouse. Literally just the box. The trainer itself was packed to withstand someone kicking it across a football field. No damage to the trainer at all, not a mark on it. At that price, for this trainer, I simply couldn't refuse.

• cowbellsandcoffee
    cowbellsandcoffee Posts: 2,975 Member
    Options
    Seems I have missed an investment opportunity...these limited run Gage & Desoto Sriracha water bottles were selling at $13 last year...now they are selling at $45.... :o

5jbcimcxgzit.png
  • Spatialized
    Spatialized Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Seems I have missed an investment opportunity...these limited run Gage & Desoto Sriracha water bottles were selling at $13 last year...now they are selling at $45.... :o

5jbcimcxgzit.png

I just wish they would do another run of these!
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,686 Member
    Options
    pretty minimal "schwaggggg" from me recently - not riding all that much, at least outdoors, so I'm not breaking as much kit.

But a spin outdoors a couple of days ago, reminded me that I'm not as fit as I should be, and hills aren't exactly my friend at the moment - so in an effort to be able to "sit down and spin" and not "stand up, heave, and have a heart attack", I treat myself to some wall-climbing aparatus...

23888430534_4626502e8c_b.jpgGS cage rear mech and 12-30T Ultegra Cassette by The Big Yin, on Flickr

stick these on along with the 50-34 compact and I should be reasonably ok for the stuff local to me - some of the hills up in the Dales may be off-limits at the moment though!
  • cowbellsandcoffee
    Options
    Just a couple new things. First are the Raceface Chester composite pedals for the Farley. Next is some stylish headwear to match my subdued Laser Cats kit... :p

72wm1osn4nsi.png

eqahzl3kp6f9.png
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    pretty minimal "schwaggggg" from me recently - not riding all that much, at least outdoors, so I'm not breaking as much kit.

But a spin outdoors a couple of days ago, reminded me that I'm not as fit as I should be, and hills aren't exactly my friend at the moment - so in an effort to be able to "sit down and spin" and not "stand up, heave, and have a heart attack", I treat myself to some wall-climbing aparatus...

23888430534_4626502e8c_b.jpgGS cage rear mech and 12-30T Ultegra Cassette by The Big Yin, on Flickr

stick these on along with the 50-34 compact and I should be reasonably ok for the stuff local to me - some of the hills up in the Dales may be off-limits at the moment though!

That's not climbing gear mate...

This is climbing gear...

WT-RoadLink_with_bolt_1024x1024.jpg

This, when fitted with a medium cage dérailleur will allow you to fit a 36-11 cassette for climbing ;)

I've bought one to give it a bash on my Boardman :D

See what they think of my climbing performance of the club run now ;)

http://www.lindarets.com/roadlink/
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    cloggsy71 wrote: »

That's not climbing gear mate...

This is climbing gear...

WT-RoadLink_with_bolt_1024x1024.jpg

This, when fitted with a medium cage dérailleur will allow you to fit a 36-11 cassette for climbing ;)

I've bought one to give it a bash on my Boardman :D

See what they think of my climbing performance of the club run now ;)

http://www.lindarets.com/roadlink/

Hmmm... I'd seen the MTB Version of this a while ago - that might be an idea - though I'd need to find a compatible 10-speed 36T cassette as well I guess... Wonder if XT 10 speed is the right spacing ??? (don't suggest SRAM ones, I couldn't put up with the noise and clunky shifting compared to Shimano)
  • cloggsy71
    Options
    Wonder if XT 10 speed is the right spacing ??? (don't suggest SRAM ones, I couldn't put up with the noise and clunky shifting compared to Shimano)

I was looking at the XT 10 speed on ChainReactionCycles this very afternoon...

What's the MTB equivalent to Ultegra?

I would've thought 10 speed is 10 speed; the spacing will be the same?
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    XT is probably the equivalent of Ultegra, XTR being pretty much equivalent of DuraAce
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Okay, after a bit of research, there's the CX-HG81 (lx/slx, or the 105 equivalent) - or for a few more beer tokens, there's the CS-M771 (XT, Ultegra equiv.) - quite a bit lighter, as the larger 6 cogs are all mounted on aluminium carriers, where the LX level, it's only the big three... both of the cassettes are available in 11-32,34 or 36...

I'd certainly be interested in finding out how you get on with the Roadlink Gizmo - not sure if I'll actually be riding over any terrain this year that might actually demand much more than a 34-30, I'm still very much in the "recovery" phase as yet - but knowing that the option was available might sway me...

• ruthbardell
    ruthbardell Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    ff3i19ccsskw.jpg
    My new purchase. I love it!
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,243 Member
    Options
    Very nice. :smile:
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    ff3i19ccsskw.jpg
    My new purchase. I love it!

thought mine had shrunk in the rain for a moment...

10979594815_c5521ed9cf_b.jpgCAADX_0-5.jpg by The Big Yin, on Flickr

• ruthbardell
    Options
    :) My first time riding something other than a hardtail (well, since I was about 8 years old). Its going to make my new commute much quicker.

Yours has nicer pedals than mine
  • TheBigYin
    edited January 2016
    Options
    just the base level shimano SPD's that i'd robbed from the mountainbike for it's first spin on delivery day... the XT SPD's I'd ordered for the bike didn't turn up until the following day (courier had lost the parcel!)

it's a bit different now - cranks replaced with Ultegra, the tyres swapped for Vittoria Cross XN-Pro's, though I'm probably going to swap them next week to the XL-Pro's running "Ghetto Tubeless" and get out in some of the lovely mud we've got at the moment.

Oh - and I also broke the saddle with a rather over-exuberant leap into the saddle, so that's swapped, and the bottle cages didn't work well off-road either, so were swapped for replacements that actually retained the bottle...

• ruthbardell
    Options
    Yep, think I am going to spend a bit of time at LBS adding/changing bits and pieces over the next few months. They have been giving me 10% discount on any extras I buy, and provide coffee and biscuits if it looks like the bike will be in the workshop for more than 10 mins.

There is no shortage of mud around at the moment (not far from Bath, UK). LBS did suggest mudguards, but I'm not sure I could bring myself to do that
  • cowbellsandcoffee
    Options
    Snowmageddon?...Farley don't care. :lol:

f7e2c9c4-9208-48ec-b59b-a1c761de8b97_zpsjox6rga7.png~original
  • Bikerchickmomma
    Bikerchickmomma Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I agree with "girl-stylin'" for the ride. I have a variety of 4 bikes I ride and helmets to match each one.
  • Spatialized
    Spatialized Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Snowmageddon?...Farley don't care. :lol:

f7e2c9c4-9208-48ec-b59b-a1c761de8b97_zpsjox6rga7.png~original

How do you like the mitts? Always been curious about using them. Your thoughts?
  • cloggsy71
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Happy new light :)

ma58kxpeq94r.jpg

£26 from AliExpress ;)

It's bright as f*%k!