Beginner BodyRockers

Options

Replies

• jj3120
    jj3120 Posts: 358
    Options
    I was trying to do the core sculpt yesterday using tea towels on the kitchen floor but it didn't work...going to try plastic plates in the living room on carpet later!

How did it go?!
  • kaylah_x
    kaylah_x Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    How have you gone with your results ladies?
  • jj3120
    Options

Hi, I think it's pretty just me on beginners! I'm really enjoying it, I have a bit of weight to lose yet but my strength and fitness have noticably improved doing bodyrock 3 x a week.

I did the realtime workout on Sunday, omg! it was like my first ever BR all over again! I suprise myself how far I can push myself every time.
  • kaylah_x
    kaylah_x Posts: 194 Member
    Options

Hi, I think it's pretty just me on beginners! I'm really enjoying it, I have a bit of weight to lose yet but my strength and fitness have noticably improved doing bodyrock 3 x a week.

I did the realtime workout on Sunday, omg! it was like my first ever BR all over again! I suprise myself how far I can push myself every time.

Oh cool! yeah i have done a couple so far and it seems really good.....i just dont get it how its only 12mins and that seems to be ok. but i have been sweating my *kitten* off lol

have seen all the recent ones on FB and how hard people have been saying they are lol...may have to give those ones a try in a couple weeks lol
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    The previous Sean's one (the one with 4 exercises) was hard. His workouts are always harder for me.
  • dragonmorgan7
    Options
    Id love to have an update on how everyone did. Are you still bodyrockin even though the challenge is over. I just found the site last week and decided to ease into it all by doin the 30 day challenge from may. I wiish they would do another one because I dont really know anyone else thats doin it at the same time as me.

Anyway I did the fit test and it kicked my butt so bad. Im still sore 4 days later. I ended up skippin the day 2 workout and I found a video on youtube of a low impact aerobics (mostly grapevines and walkin in place to do instead. I think I messed up by not doin any kind of warm-up or cool down with the exercise. Anyway I picked back up with day 2 yesterday and did the flow exercise. Im a little hesitant to do the day 3 workout today. Im still really sore (although not as bad) and with there bein 2 exercises today and it bein all about the arms Im worried Ill have noodle arms tomorrow and not be able to pick up the kids or something. Im either gonna split the workouts up and do one this afternoon and one tonight or maybe just muscle through them together like you are sposed to.

Anyway here were my scores from the fit test.

Squats - 35/30/24 (Im sure by the end my form wasnt spot on)
    Push-ups - 34/32/20 (all done on knees)
    Tricep Dips - 11/16/12 (holy cow these were killer. I had to take alot of breaks during the 50 secs)
    Abs - 45/33/30

All together not as bad as Id thought I would do but I did take every opportunity to modify them to be easier.
  • jj3120
    Options
    Week 2 Day 1

Burn
    1) 1 Arm Switch Sandbag Swing (body-weight only) - 24/24
    2) 10x Crab & 10 Mountain Climbers (omg thought crabs looked easy! couldn't jump them) - 2/2.5
    3) Squat, Sandbag Side Lunge (body-weight only) - 12/12
    4) Monkey Push Ups - 10/14
    5) Plank, Double Jump & Drag the Bag (used a rucksack filled with magazines!) plank from elbows, up on toes to drag the bag - 4/4.5
    6) Elevated Push Ups + L & R Under Knee Crossovers (push-ups from knees, up on toes for knee crossovers) - 5.5/6

Sculpt
    1) Elevated Shoulder Push-Up (did as monkey press-up in burn) - 14
    2) WoodChop Left (with rucksack) – 21
    3) Single Arm Rope Pull & Twist (I used my resistance band - held at the waist and pulled to the left 10x, then 10 dips on a step)
    4) WoodChop Right (with rucksack) – 21
    5) Single Arm Rope Pull & Twist (as above but on the right)

Ok so I re did this workout today 2 months on & I smashed it ; )

Burn
    1)- 25/26 I can do alternate arms & used 10lb rucksack
    2) - 2.5/2.5 Still can't do crabs!
    3) - 10/10 Used 10lb rucksack
    4) - 5.5/5 I did these properly with push up this time
    5) 6.5/5
    6) 6/5.5

Sculpt
    1) 18 - elevated : )
    2) 18 - much better form
    3) 24 dips
    4) 16
  • dragonmorgan7
    Options
    how cool. I just sorta did Day 4. I did the Burn workout this morning. Man those mountain climbers looked fun until I got to doin them. I couldnt even get my legs all the way up underneath me. And I had to take quite a few breaks. Ill be glad when I get used to the workouts and arent so sore. I was pure lightheaded from all the jumpin and around and then gettin on the ground and then gettin back up.

My scores were:

Prisoner squat jump & elbow to knee touch - 25/27/28 (the last 2 sets I did the modified version that was lower impact)
    10 mountain climbers, clean & press & squat & press - 5/5/5 (I modified it to be 10 mountain climbers & 1/2 burpee)
    Squat & front raise - 22/23/20 (body weight only)
    under touch toe + 2 elbow 1/2 burpee jumps - 5/4/6 (these were so hard)

I just did the Sculpt part. I dont have a sandbag or any weights or anything so I used a 64oz juice bottle lol. Better than nothing I spose. I only got to 8 reps tho. Pretty disappointed about that. Ive been so good about pushing through the workouts but it was really hard to get motivated for this one. It just wasnt as enjoyable. I think Im just sick of doin squats everyday. My poor out of shape thighs need a break ugh! Still got to do the flow workout but I like those so thats no problem.

Im so proud for stickin it out this long. Im usually such a quitter lol.
  • qtiekiki
    Options
    Week 2 Day 1

Burn
    1) 1 Arm Switch Sandbag Swing (body-weight only) - 24/24
    2) 10x Crab & 10 Mountain Climbers (omg thought crabs looked easy! couldn't jump them) - 2/2.5
    3) Squat, Sandbag Side Lunge (body-weight only) - 12/12
    4) Monkey Push Ups - 10/14
    5) Plank, Double Jump & Drag the Bag (used a rucksack filled with magazines!) plank from elbows, up on toes to drag the bag - 4/4.5
    6) Elevated Push Ups + L & R Under Knee Crossovers (push-ups from knees, up on toes for knee crossovers) - 5.5/6

Sculpt
    1) Elevated Shoulder Push-Up (did as monkey press-up in burn) - 14
    2) WoodChop Left (with rucksack) – 21
    3) Single Arm Rope Pull & Twist (I used my resistance band - held at the waist and pulled to the left 10x, then 10 dips on a step)
    4) WoodChop Right (with rucksack) – 21
    5) Single Arm Rope Pull & Twist (as above but on the right)

Ok so I re did this workout today 2 months on & I smashed it ; )

Burn
    1)- 25/26 I can do alternate arms & used 10lb rucksack
    2) - 2.5/2.5 Still can't do crabs!
    3) - 10/10 Used 10lb rucksack
    4) - 5.5/5 I did these properly with push up this time
    5) 6.5/5
    6) 6/5.5

Sculpt
    1) 18 - elevated : )
    2) 18 - much better form
    3) 24 dips
    4) 16

Great improvements.
  • jj3120
    Options
    how cool. I just sorta did Day 4. I did the Burn workout this morning. Man those mountain climbers looked fun until I got to doin them. I couldnt even get my legs all the way up underneath me. And I had to take quite a few breaks. Ill be glad when I get used to the workouts and arent so sore. I was pure lightheaded from all the jumpin and around and then gettin on the ground and then gettin back up.

My scores were:

Prisoner squat jump & elbow to knee touch - 25/27/28 (the last 2 sets I did the modified version that was lower impact)
    10 mountain climbers, clean & press & squat & press - 5/5/5 (I modified it to be 10 mountain climbers & 1/2 burpee)
    Squat & front raise - 22/23/20 (body weight only)
    under touch toe + 2 elbow 1/2 burpee jumps - 5/4/6 (these were so hard)

I just did the Sculpt part. I dont have a sandbag or any weights or anything so I used a 64oz juice bottle lol. Better than nothing I spose. I only got to 8 reps tho. Pretty disappointed about that. Ive been so good about pushing through the workouts but it was really hard to get motivated for this one. It just wasnt as enjoyable. I think Im just sick of doin squats everyday. My poor out of shape thighs need a break ugh! Still got to do the flow workout but I like those so thats no problem.

Im so proud for stickin it out this long. Im usually such a quitter lol.

Well done! Your doing great!!

It does get easier, I remeber thinking the same thing about mountain climbers : )
  • dragonmorgan7
    Options
    Thanks. Im tryin to figure out what to do with my "active" rest day. I had hoped to go back and do a sculpt that I had missed. But man I just cant find the motivation to do it lol. The exercises have been kickin my butt all week and if I even think about another squat Imma cry. Even sittin down to pee reminds me of doin squats. So instead I decided to try a new workout tape I got. Its the core rhythms workout. I only got through half of it since my youngest is sick and is havin a rough night. I was sweatin tho so I figure it was a good enough workout. Im really glad there were no mirrors nearby tho. I bet I looked totally rediculous. No where near as good as those ladies lol. O well. I hope my motivation comes back when its time to start back monday.
  • dragonmorgan7
    Options
    Im startin to get a little discouraged. I had to skip the sculpt again today because I dont have the equipment. They didnt give any alternatives in the video and I dont have a sandbag, weights, or anything to hang from. Its kinda bummin me out that Im not completing the workouts because of the lack of all the stuff. I had thought these workouts would be good because they didnt require alot of equipment but they seem to add in more and more every video. grr
  • qtiekiki
    Options
    Try the January 30 day challenge. She actually goes through alternatives for all the exercises that need equipments. The May one was pretty messy.
  • dragonmorgan7
    Options
    ok ill check that one out. Im lovin the burn workouts (even tho I have to mod them because of equipment sometimes). I found the 6 workouts 2 times through easier to do and I dont know if its because its more variety and I dont have as much time to dread them or if its gettin easier. Thanks for the advice. I wouldnt mind startin a new challenge if its not gonna be so equipment oriented. Even the burn one for today is full of other stuff I need and dont have.
  • dragonmorgan7
    Options
    ok I looked up the january challenge and it looks like it wont be too bad. I like the there isnt alot of equipment used too. They still use the sandbag and dip station alot but at least there are some alternatives. I hate to give up on the may challenge tho so what I may try and do is substitute workouts from the may challenge with January workouts. I feel like Im takin the easy way out by not doin the exercises and I def want to keep it challenging. Im not a big fan of the flow excercises either. They go through them too fast. Its usually only 3 or 4 moves held for 5 breaths so I dont see why they couldnt just have her doin them in the video along with you. Its like 2 mins of her explainin the positions and then 3 mins of her sittin down talkin or showin you some impossible move only an expert yoga doer would be able to do. O well I still enjoy the workouts, they are fun and make me sweat and Im determined to keep goin even if I have to mod the crap out of them. I see it more as customizing my routine for better results lol. I been thinkin bout tryin out jullian micheals yoga workout on days that I only have flow to do. I dunno. Its only week 2. I still have plenty of time to experiment and see what works best for me.
  • qtiekiki
    Options
    Honestly, I felt January was a better overall program than May was. January got me hooked, and May made me not bodyrock every day. LOL.
  • dragonmorgan7
    Options
    Lol i may just switch completely then. It would def be nice to have a break from her new boobs. Do you still bodyrock? are there any good things to add to the workout aster the challenge is over. I thought about doin 30 day shred. I'd love to try p90x i just don't know if I'm ready for that serious of a workout. But who knows where ill be in a month.
  • qtiekiki
    Options
    I still bodyrock here and there, depending on if I like the workout or not. I use it more as a cardio warm up for my strength training now, so I try to do the workout that don't use a lot of weights.
  • dragonmorgan7
    Options
    I don't know if its cuz I'm at the half way point or what but I'm feelin kinds unmotivated. I just finished my week 2 day 5 workout. I'm popped and i love the feeling but somethings off. I seem to not be able to push myself as much as when i first started. I has hoped that by this time in the workouts i wouldn't be havin to take as many breaks but i still find myself havin to stop alot to catch my breath. How long does it normally take to be able to do the workouts without havin to take constant breaks. I have found that when i do the workouts at night its harder than in the day. I guess because I'm already so tired from bein up all day. I checked my measurements yesterday and I've lost an inch in my waist and butt so I'm pleased with that, especially considering i haven't changed anything about my diet except that i try and snack healthier. (like eating cherries our peanut butter and banana sandwiches) and trying not to over eat at my meals. Should i be worried I'm not pushin myself enough or does what I'm doin sound about right? I'm hopin to try insanity after this but I've been watchin alot of their infomercial and I'm not sure if it'll be easier since I'll be filtering a video our if I'll dress it even more than i do these sometimes.
  • dragonmorgan7
    Options
    Sorry for the typos. Im on my phone and it respells my words sometimes. The last sentence was sposed to say...since I'll be followin a video or dread it even more...