APRRAE's Progress : Body Revolution Started on May 2nd

Options
aprrae
aprrae Posts: 172 Member
I decided to start a topic on my BR journey since I have really been inspired to read through other people's progress postings.

My BR started on May 2nd. I am a mother of 2 daughters (2 & 4), and another Mom from my 4 year old's preschool class was doing the program and was seeing some success. I have to admit that the 30 min a day program was what attracted me to take a chance. I knew I could find 30 mins each day even when my husband travels.

Kickstart Week 1:
I did the Kickstart week and followed Jillian's plan to the letter, except that I did not do the Cardio in the evenings. I had intended to, but kids and husband made it difficult. The first couple days of not eating sugar and caffeine did give me quite a headache. (Motrin did the trick though.) I made it through the week, and had a 9 pounds loss. Wow! I was amazed. I am one of those people who needs that big loss to get me motivated to stay in the plan.

Cooking was one of my biggest challenges. I love to cook, so I didn't mind doing most of the cooking, but I felt like I have a ton of leftovers in my fridge. My husband didn't like some of the recipes from the kickstart guide, so I found myself eating the same couple of recipes so I could finish each portion. I learned that in future weeks to cut the recipes to the number of servings I think works.

Workouts weren't too tough in the first weeks. I could do all moves except that I found it hard to hold plank for the entire time.

Replies

• aprrae
    Options
    Week 2:
    Well, I made it through week 2, and am very proud of myself for continuing to follow the program. I have to admit that I got the scale out too much this week. After having such a good loss in my Kickstart week, I was hoping to see continued losses. I was unfortunately disappointed when the scale didn't move at all. I fact in the early part of the week, I actually gained 2 pounds. I am an old pro when it comes to dieting, so I know how the scale fluctuates from day to day, so I knew this was normal. By the end of the week, I was down a pound from my end of week 1 weight, for a total of 10 pounds.

(By the way, my big loss in week 1 may also have been partially the result of weighing in after a couple of weeks where we had family/friend celebrations that involved unrestricted eating and drinking. Some of that weight would likely have been lost after just getting back to my normal patterns.

Cooking in week2 was still a process. I used many of JM's recipes, but also added a few of my own. I just started with her basic principles of 200/400/200/400, and followed her NEVER foods list. I went over my calories on some days, but not by much. Eating 4 times a day helps, but I do still have my boredom/tv cravings. So far I am not falling victim to the cravings and I am finding other things to do other than eat. I miss my old way of eating, but I do feel better.

I have successfully gone out to dinner three two since starting the program. Both times, I was able to get a Salmon Salad. Really proud to resist the appetizers that were on the table.

Workouts were easier in week 2, and I was successful in all of the workouts as I said goodbye to them. I even was able to hold plank.

I am excited to start week 3 tomorrow. I'm sure the new workouts will be challenging.
  • gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    First of all, congratulations for starting! I think you'll like this program. It will challenge you, frustrate you, make you stronger, help you do things you never thought you could and change the way you look and feel. I'm in my 8th week doing the program, and just started the 7th week of workouts (I added one more week of workouts 5 & 6 because I had some challenges with eating that week). I have a lot more to lose than you (about 85 lbs when I started) and have lost about 18 lbs so far (after 7 weeks). I have also had a ton of eating out moments and a week of eating terribly (due to that time of the month and stress). The weight loss definitely slows down after the first week or two, but your body will change. Be sure to measure yourself, because you'll be amazed. Just keep pushing forward and do not focus on the scale (as hard as that can be). Focus on your legs getting more toned, on seeing your bicep grow and how loose your clothes will be getting. I LOVE this program and plan to continue with another round of 90 days after my 90 days is up. Good luck!
  • aprrae
    Options
    Thanks for the support. These boards are great for those of us getting started and knowing there are others who have forged ahead and can give us advice. I am hoping to lose 30 pounds, but I really don't care that much about the scale number, it is the changes I hope to see in my body.
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    GOOD for you for deciding to make the commitment to a 90 day program~ sounds like you're doing just fine!

I did not do Kickstart and do not follow her eating plan. I am in Phase 3 doing Workouts 9 & 10. I lost 6 pounds the first week then nothing but haven't weighed in a month since joining Eat More To Weigh Less and upping my calories.

Workout 9 has been the most challenging so far~ it seems the workouts for the "back" body are MUCH easier for me.

Keep us posted on how it goes!
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support. These boards are great for those of us getting started and knowing there are others who have forged ahead and can give us advice. I am hoping to lose 30 pounds, but I really don't care that much about the scale number, it is the changes I hope to see in my body.

Keep repeating that last sentence to yourself~over and over.........
  • aprrae
    Options
    Today was my rest day, and for whatever reason, I was not able to eat on plan today. I was doing so well with my eating for the last two weeks, so I am not too concerned. I will be back on track tomorrow.
  • aprrae
    Options
    Workout 3:
    I did workout 3 for the first time today, and even though it is harder than 1 & 2, I was able to do all the exercises!! I wasn't able to do all military pushups. I had to go on my knees for the last few each time through the circuit. The plank ups were hard like others have indicated, but I was surprised that I could do them.

My back is a bit sore now, but I am sure that is because my core is not as strong as it needs to be, but thats why I am taking on this challenge.

I will preview Workout 4 before my workout tomorrow. With the new moves, it would be good to see them to make sure I understand them before trying to keep up.
  • aprrae
    Options
    Workout 4:
    I did workout 4 yesterday. Not too bad. Lots of balancing. My back was a bit sore from workout 3, so I was a bit surprised that we were working back. I realize though that my abs are not that strong, so I bet I was compensating when we were doing ab work in workout 3. I was still able to do everything. I didn't sweat as much as in workout 3.

Cardio 1 today. It is getting easier, but it still gives me a decent workout.

I am on day 17. I have been struggling with my diet this week due to not getting to the grocery store. I have to prepare and make meals, otherwise I am stuck eating the same salad and denver omelet for every meal. I also find that I have to limit the processed carbs like pitas. They seem to make me more hungry.
  • aprrae
    Options
    Workout 4 this morning was hard but easier than the first time. I still can't do hollow man, but I am compensating by adding a set of 50 crunches.

I have officially dropped a pant size. I put on some of my skinnier jeans and they fit comfortably. I have to say I am thrilled. I really am seeing a change in the way my body looks. I have a long way to go still, but it is working even if the pounds aren't flying off.
  • patriciagrade
    patriciagrade Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Niceeeeeeeeee!

I'm glad you're really seeing those results.

I too am seeing those, or better still, I'm feeling them before anyone sees them! Eheheh

I was just noticing how these leggings I'm wearing today are looser than last year and I'm going to week 2.
    I tried the kickstart, but that didn't go very well, so I decided to start all over week one, without the kickstart.
    So, I'm going to repeat the workouts 1 and 2 this next week.

But I'm feeling the results anyway, and that just feels so great. It's happening!

Glad to be in this group!
  • Sambo004
    Sambo004 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Just started today. Loving reading your reports. Keep them coming, and well done!
  • aprrae
    Options
    Well, I am done with my workouts on week 3. Tomorrow is my rest day. I was on the scale this morning and I have lost another pound. I wish that it was 2 or 3 pounds like Jillian talks in the videos, but I was not in good shape before I started the program, and I know that I am gaining muscle. So any loss while gaining muscle is good. My body is changing, My belly is flatter, my dreaded back fat and love handles are getting smaller too. My clothes are also fitting better : this is the best feeling.

My husband has really noticed too. We were joking last night that my boobs were getting smaller. (One of the bad parts about losing body fat, is it seems to leave the boobs too.) My husband said "Wow - this is only after 19 days, I can't wait to see what you'll look like at day 90."

I have started to try to add at least a 30 min brisk walk to my day to hopefully burn a bit more calories/fat. Since I have been doing this, the scale seems to be moving a bit more. May be just a coincidence, but I am going to keep it up.

One more week in Phase 1. I am so proud to have kept it up for 3 weeks. Yeah me!
  • amymimi12
    amymimi12 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting! You're doing great, and I appreciate the inspiration. I started week 2 today and haven't seen much change in the scale. Reading your post is helping me stay motivated!
  • mcmom0725
    mcmom0725 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting!!! I just started week 3. I am curious are you eating back calories? I am torn between listening to Jillian and worrying that its just not enough calories! Thanks again really helps reading your posts!!!!!
  • aprrae
    Options
    I am torn too about eating back the calories I burn, and right now I am shooting for 1200 and some days I go over and somedays I am under. I always staying under the combination. I have had lots of good eating days and have had a few days that are just plain bad. I hope they all balance out in the end.

I have over 30 pounds to lose, and I am a third of the way there.
  • mcmom0725
    Options
    You are doing great! That's about what I have been doing as well! Although I am not seeing the lb results I see a big difference in how I look and feel my muscles coming back :) I have 20lbs to lose - maybe more maybe less - not getting hung up on #'s this time around I just want to look and feel great! Good luck to you and thanks for getting back to me! Keep up the great posting!
  • aprrae
    Options
    Well today is my rest day of Week 3, and I found myself emotionally down today. I'm not sure if it is because I didn't exercise this morning, but I just have been focusing more on the 20 pounds I have to lose, rather than the success of losing 11 pounds since I began this journey. My clothes are fitting better, but I still have bulges and rolls that are too visible and I find myself wishing that it would melt away so much faster. Why is it that it takes months to put weight on and we somehow expect/wish that it would be gone is just a few weeks.

The good news is I really am doing great. I haven't missed a day of my BR workouts, and I have lost 11 pounds. This is great progress. I feel better and I know I am getting stronger. I am committed to this program and know that if I continue I will see results. Even if they aren't as fast I I wish.

I will try to take a walk while my girls are napping today, I'm sure I will feel better after I get my body moving.
  • aprrae
    Options
    Week 4 : Day 24

Just finished Cardio 1 for the last time. I am moving on to Cardio 2 at the end of week 4 because I will be traveling to a family member's home during my fist week of Phase 2, and I want to have completed each of the phase 2 workouts once before I will be doing them in someone else home. Felt great doing the workout this morning. They are still challenging, but I am built up the strength and stamina to complete the entire workout well. It is time to move on.

I am still not seeing the big movements in the scale, but I am building muscle and I can see the changes in my body. I am just trying to keep telling myself that it is not about the number on the scale. When I started the program, I was hoping to see 2 to 3 pounds dropping each week, but I think it is time to modify my goal to 1 pound a week.

I am very proud to have may it to day 24. I haven't missed a workout yet. My body has even begun to appreciate the early morning workouts. Have a great day everyone!
  • mcmom0725
    Options
    Great job! I am a week behind you and will be starting phase 2 next Saturday. (I am a little frightened of cardio 2 lol) I like previewing through you! Can't wait to hear how you manage Jillian and travel. I haven't missed a day either and have lowered my expectations to a pound a week as well. Not really disappointed because I promised myself this time it would be slow steady and most importantly permanent. I am only making changes I know I can live with. Good luck to you and keep up the great work!
  • aprrae
    Options
    Bathing suit for the first time this summer. THANK YOU JILLIAN!!

I'm no where near where I'd like to be, but I felt so much better about my body than I would have before starting the program.

Come to think of it...THANK YOU ME!! So I glad I started and have been keeping things going.