APRRAE's Progress : Body Revolution Started on May 2nd

Options

Replies

• mcmom0725
    mcmom0725 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Amazing results!! You are doing an awesome job!! Very inspiring to the rest of us!! :)
  • aprrae
    aprrae Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    JMBR Day 66

Sorry I haven't posted for a while, I have been on a vacation to visit my parents in SC. I had a good week full of activity and successfully kept up with my workouts while there. I didn't track my eating, but I did watch and think I actually ate pretty well. I am home now and hope that the scale on my weigh in day (Tuesday) will reflect the hard work I am putting in.

I am now on my 10th week, and Workout 9 and 10 are getting easier. I still have to modify the double arm plank ups in Workout 9, but I am able to complete the other moves without modification. They are hard, and I sweat like a pig before the workouts are done, but if you are just starting them and having difficulty, hang in there, you will master the moves. I did Cardio 3 today, and I still swear through most of the workout, but and completing all of the moves, and my form is getting better and better.

My Mom commented this week that the program is really working and you can see it. She even said I am looking "buff". Which is too funny coming from my Mom. It is nice to see that people can see the changes.

Tomorrow, I completed workout 9 for the last time. Hard to believe that I will be moving to the last set of DVDs next week.
  • aprrae
    Options
    JMBR Day 69

Completed my last workout in Week 10 this morning. Cardio 3 still makes me sweat like a pig. My legs still scream after doing all the jump squats and jacks. I don't require any modifications anymore and am just getting better in my form in the moves. I have a love / hate relationship with this workout. I hate it the entire before I start and during most of the workout. I love it though when I am done, drenched in sweat and feel so proud that I was able to accomplish it.

I have started to get lots of questions from people asking what I kind of workout I am doing. It's a great sign that it is working. I tell them JMBR, and how the 30 mins a day really makes the program doable for me. I also tell then how important it is to watch your calorie intake and nutrition. The weeks I have eaten poorly, I see no changes or gains. I don't like Jillian's meal plan, but her guidelines are important to see your results. Exercise only won't cut it.

I leave for my beach vacation in 3 weeks. It feels great to know that I have already lost enough weight and changed the shape of my body enough that I will feel great in my swimsuit this year. The hard work is paying off. I can't wait to celebrate with a frozen margarita on the beach. (or should I say a couple margaritas) Oh, how I miss having more than one alcoholic beverage.

Hope all of you are doing well! Keep on pushing through the workouts!
  • suzanne63
    suzanne63 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Your really doing good.You are really motivating me to keep going.Thank You :smile:
  • aprrae
    Options
    JMBR Day 70

So today is my Week 10 rest day. Week 11 and Workout 11 starts tomorrow. I spent the last half hour previewing workouts 11 & 12. Wow - they are going to be tough. I scared and excited about seeing how prepared I am. All of "the kids" are struggling, so I won't feel too bad if I struggle too.
  • aprrae
    Options
    JMBR Day 71

I have completed Workout 11 for the first time and my legs and arm feel like jelly. Very tough, but I did it and I only had to modify on the 30 second Chaturunga and 3 point pushups. It may not have been pretty, but I pushed through.You will be amazed at how strong you are when you go through this the first time.

I have a feeling that I am going to be very sore today.
  • thefishsmom
    thefishsmom Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your continued posts of your journey with JMBR it is very motivating and informative. I am on Day 3 and am just looking to see what kinds of results I can realisticaly expect so that I won't be dissapointed. You look wonderful - so strong - and a 3.5 inch loss in your waist is great! I am hoping I can follow the food plan - the no alcohol will be a struggle for me too as we get together with friends frequentley and have a drink or two. Guess everyone is going to think I'm pregnant again....
  • aprrae
    Options
    JMBR Day 72

Just finished workout 12 for the first time. As in the past weeks, the even numbered workouts are harder. 12 still was very tough, but I could do all the moves without modification. I really have to push to make it though most of the reps, but I am so amazed at how strong I am. I am doing moves that I would never think I could do.

One of the hardest moves is the wheel pushups. I could do them, but I have done yoga in the past, so getting into wheel is not too much of a challenge. Adding the pushups to the wheel was something I have never done, and my arms were screaming. It seems like my arms are more tired than my legs after 12.

My neck really bothered me yesterday after Workout 11. I think it was from all the planks. I will need to really watch my form to see if I am doing something wrong. Maybe it's because my darn TV is up high and Jillian has me on the floor.

Getting up for my Workout was hard this morning. Once I get started, I seem to be fine, but crawling out of bed is not easy. I still haven't missed one workout over these 72 days. I really have made the workouts a priority. This is one habit that I hope to continue in the future after my Body Revolution is done.

My countdown has started. Only 15 days before I leave for vacation and only 18 more days before I celebrate my completing JMBR.
  • aprrae
    Options
    JMBR Day 73

I can't tell you how excited I was to see Cardio 3 today. I was so sore yesterday after doing Workout 11 on Thursday and Workout 12 yesterday. My body needed to work out the kinks without any new moves. Sweat still pours off of me by the end, but I love it.

I haven't been tracking my food as well since my vacation, and it has resulted in me being a bit loosey goosey with my eating. I need to get back to tracking. I know the tracking has really helped me change the way I have been eating.
  • LeslePG
    LeslePG Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting your progress! I have really enjoyed reading the posts (and it's scaring me just a bit seeing what lies ahead~ lol). Even though I'm almost through my first week, seeing the changes in you inspires me!
  • aprrae
    Options
    Thanks. It seems like only yesterday when I was posting the same message as yours to someone who was getting close to finishing the program. You will be in your 11th week before you know it and you will be amazed at how much stronger you will be.
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    JMBR Day 69

Completed my last workout in Week 10 this morning. Cardio 3 still makes me sweat like a pig. My legs still scream after doing all the jump squats and jacks. I don't require any modifications anymore and am just getting better in my form in the moves. I have a love / hate relationship with this workout. I hate it the entire before I start and during most of the workout. I love it though when I am done, drenched in sweat and feel so proud that I was able to accomplish it.

I have started to get lots of questions from people asking what I kind of workout I am doing. It's a great sign that it is working. I tell them JMBR, and how the 30 mins a day really makes the program doable for me. I also tell then how important it is to watch your calorie intake and nutrition. The weeks I have eaten poorly, I see no changes or gains. I don't like Jillian's meal plan, but her guidelines are important to see your results. Exercise only won't cut it.

I leave for my beach vacation in 3 weeks. It feels great to know that I have already lost enough weight and changed the shape of my body enough that I will feel great in my swimsuit this year. The hard work is paying off. I can't wait to celebrate with a frozen margarita on the beach. (or should I say a couple margaritas) Oh, how I miss having more than one alcoholic beverage.

Hope all of you are doing well! Keep on pushing through the workouts!

This is so inspiring! You should be proud!!!!
  • aprrae
    Options
    JMBR Day 74

Second time doing Workout 11. Easier than the first time, but still very hard.

Today's modifications:
    * I didn't do the bear walk completely lowered this time since my knee hurt for the last two days, and I think the bear walk was the culprit. I just stayed in a nice low squat like David does.
    * Instead of doing the 3 point pushups, I just did regular military pushups. So proud I can do them. When I started, I had to complete them on my knees.
    * I have to do the pushups with the cable on mu knees. I realized that I had been incorrectly placing the cable on the outside of my arms for the pushup - which is why I have a huge bruise on my arm. Fixed that and they were easier.
    * Couldn't hold the Chaturungas for the full 30 seconds, but I held them as long as I could and dropped to my knees.

I paid close attention to my neck today during all the planks and tried to reduce the tension I was holding there. Hopefully my neck won't be as sore today.

I have set a final stretch goal to lose 5 more pounds before I finish this round of the program. It will take some very focused attention to my eating and calorie intake, but I am confident that I can accomplish the task. I have come so far and I really want to end strong.
  • aprrae
    Options
    JMBR Day 76

Well I end week 11 workouts today. Cardio 3 gets easier each time I do it, but it is still such a great workout.

In my last post, I mentioned my final stretch goal of losing another 5 pounds before ending the program. When I got on the scale yesterday morning, I was actually up 2 pounds. What a let down. I am sure it is just the natural fluctuations of the scale (blah, blah, blah), but that damn number still can throw me. Last weekend, I had been doing some pretty hard yard work and I'm guessing that's why I was down as low as I was, but I wouldn't have thought I would have gained 2 pounds. So frustrating.

The sad thing is that if I had just not gotten on the scale yesterday, I would be on cloud nine. I wore a pair of capris yesterday that I haven't worn in years and they were too big. I had to wear a belt to hold them up. Add to that, my sister in-law came up to me yesterday and remarked at how I have lost the saddle bags on my thighs!

The one thing I am learning from this program is how much my body can change without necessarily seeing the scale move. I just wish that I didn't have years of scale watching messing up my feelings of success.
  • LeslePG
    LeslePG Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Ah, the dreaded scale- it sure can mess with our heads, can't it? You have done an amazing job, it's about inches and how your clothes fit, not the number on the scale. Listen to me preaching, I'm just as obsessed~ lol! Keep up the great work you're doing:smile:
  • aprrae
    Options
    JMBR Day 79

Workout 12 this morning and nothing new to report. Still gives me a great workout.

I will be taking my measurements and pictures for my Phase 3 results next Thursday (1 week away), since I leave for vacation on Friday. Even though I plan to keep up my workouts for the full 90 days (and days following), I would rather give you results from before my vacation than after. As a preview, my weight has not changed that much in Phase 3, but I can really feel the changes in my body.

For all of you out there struggling to stay focused on the program and have the inevitable disappointments with the scale; challenges getting in the workouts; and the struggles with eating. Hang in there!! This really works if you stick with it. Make the plan your own and show up.
  • aprrae
    Options
    JMBR Day 80 : only 10 days to go!!

Cardio 3 this morning. Love it! Still hard, but it gives me such a great workout. I can do all the moves with strength and good form, and I still sweat, sweat, sweat.

Since the scale has not really been demonstrating my progress lately, I decided to try on some of my skinner jeans yesterday to give me a progress check. Wow. what a surprise. They were hanging off of me! I knew that my body has seen a big change in Phase 3, but since the scale wasn't moving much, I wasn't expecting them to be that loose. It was just the pick me up I needed. The scale is just not the right measurement tool on this program. Especially, if you only have 10 to 15 pounds left to lose.

I still have that one pair of skinny jeans that I wore when I was at the lowest weight in my adult life. I was 15 pounds lighter than I am today. I can't fit in these yet, but who knows...maybe after my second round with body revolution??

When I look back through my posts over the last 3 months, there are 2 reoccurring themes: disappointment in the scale and poor eating. The good news is that even without seeing the scale move in a big way, and without my sticking to the eating plan 100%, and I have still had great success where it matters most: I am wearing clothes that I haven't worn in years; I look better in my clothes than when I wore them years ago; I am stronger; I am more energetic and I am so proud of being able to set a goal and see it through.
  • aprrae
    Options
    JMBR Day 81

Just finished Workout 11 for the 4th time. As always, I am doing better each time through the workout, but I still can't do the 3 point pushups or 30 sec. Chaturunga. In my last Workout 11, I felt my shoulder pop while in the Chaturunga when I tried to hold it longer than I should have. It seems OK, but I don't want to push it and find myself out of commission. It would be very hard to complete these workouts with a bad shoulder since we spend so much time in plank.

Happy Weekend everyone!
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Wow. That's so motivational. I'm thrilled with my progress after only two weeks so it's great to hear how thus will continue- thanks.
  • aprrae
    Options
    JMBR Day 82

Workout 12 this morning was great. I was able to do all the moves, but it still challenges my body. I can't tell you how much I love this program.

A friend was asking me yesterday about what I plan to do next, and I mentioned that I was going to start Phase 2 again. She asked if I have thought about Insanity or other Boot Camp type exercise programs. (She is a member at our local YMCA and they have a boot camp class). I was thinking about it last night, and I have really tried to think about why I have been so successful on this program, and would another program work as well. I have come to one main conclusion. JMBR has worked for me because the workouts are only 30 minutes and they work.

My biggest concern about moving to a longer workout and moving my workouts to a gym is that there will be too many reasons that I will come up with for why I can't work out. With a home workout, I don't have to make a class at a certain time. I don't have to worry about getting an instructor I don't like.

I have tried so many workouts in the past, and I have never tried anything that has worked so well with only 30 minutes. Yes, you have to also watch your calorie intake, and myfitnesspal has been great to help me with that, but I have just loved the ability for me to just walk downstairs and do my workouts in the same amount of time for my daughters to watch an episode of Dora. I usually do the workouts before my girls wake up in the morning, but the same principle holds. I don't have to get up at some crazy hour to get the workout in, and if I accidentally sleep in, I can squeeze 30 minutes in somewhere else in my day.

I know that we all start JMBR at different fitness levels and have different challenges in our daily life. We all have to make the time to workout. At least for me, finding 30 minutes has been so much easier than 60/90 minutes. (It's been easier on my husband and kids too.) 81 days ago, I was out of shape and feeling so discouraged. I kept starting my diet every Monday, and never was able to stick with it more than a couple days. This program was a great fit for me and I'm not ready to give it up. If it ain't broke, why try to change it.