• kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    bump
  • nannabannana
    nannabannana Posts: 787
    Options
    bump

I have been thinking about it...just still not sure if I understand it.
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of starting the reset today...though I have to say, some of the posts here are freaking me out a little LOL! I started eating at my cut 3-4 weeks ago and saw a small loss, but I am right back to bouncing between the same 3-4 pounds up and down - which is what I have been doing for MONTHS! So, I figured maybe I need to try the reset. Is there anyone else out there starting today? Maybe we can do this together?

Everyone has different experiences with eating more like this. It's a mental thing, but you just have to remember the long-term benefits.
  • terrigrace
    terrigrace Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Bumping so I can find part 2 of this thread. How on earth did we hit 500 posts so quickly? Oh! I know! All these awesome people giving up the 1200 calorie diet failure cycle. You guys are incredible! Thanks for sharing all your stories, disappointments, and successes.
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    It's day 11 for me doing the reset. Feeling a bit better now. The bloating has gone and I think my jeans do fit a bit better today.

But I am not stepping on the scale again until I finished the reset. I was really disappointed the other day even though I knew what to expect.

I certainly don't feel so stuffed any more now eating 2400 kcal a day and I am proud that most days I am able to hit my macros.

Wishing you guys a great start in the new week
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Bumping so I can find part 2 of this thread. How on earth did we hit 500 posts so quickly? Oh! I know! All these awesome people giving up the 1200 calorie diet failure cycle. You guys are incredible! Thanks for sharing all your stories, disappointments, and successes.

This ^^^

I'm on day I don't know - somewhere in my third week. I'm too lazy to look right now. It seems lately that I'm getting really used to eating at TDEE - as in I'm going to be sad to drop back down. I think it's going to be an adjustment cutting some food out. What's everyone's plan? I've heard some people say that they're going to only start with a 10% cut before going to 15% cut. I'm thinking I might go that route. I mean, if I can lose and have a bit more food, that sounds pretty awesome to me! LOL - I'm just enjoying this quite a bit!
  • MrsKosal
    MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of starting the reset today...though I have to say, some of the posts here are freaking me out a little LOL! I started eating at my cut 3-4 weeks ago and saw a small loss, but I am right back to bouncing between the same 3-4 pounds up and down - which is what I have been doing for MONTHS! So, I figured maybe I need to try the reset. Is there anyone else out there starting today? Maybe we can do this together?

Everyone has different experiences with eating more like this. It's a mental thing, but you just have to remember the long-term benefits.

I couldn't agree more! It's definitely a mind game! I thought I was soooooo big this weekend. I gave in and weighed myself and I am still maintaining after the initial 3 lb gain that I had when I intially started to add calories. I've been at TDEE for almost 2 weeks now and doing a 4 week reset.
  • jomatho
    jomatho Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    AMAZING how fast this journey is :) 6th week starts tomorrow. I'll be doing my cut on July 3rd-- not sure whether to start with 10% or 15%. I'm up and down between 2 lbs due to salty, but still up 9 lbs.. Oh well :) I'll lose them healthy whenever I do the cut. I probably end up with 15% cut.

Have a good week everyone!

I am one day behind you! I am at 8 weeks as of July 4th. Time flies when you get to eat! I plan to do a 10% cut of my weight at that time, whatever that ends up being, lol.
  • drusilla126
    drusilla126 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    It's crazy how hungry I am now. I'm about a week in and ravenously hungry. I can't imagine how I was surviving on 1200 calories for so long!
  • jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    It's crazy how hungry I am now. I'm about a week in and ravenously hungry. I can't imagine how I was surviving on 1200 calories for so long!

I'm right there with you...I'm just starting week 3 of my reset. My bloat is finally gone, my weight is up one pound (total of 5 lbs) but my jeans fit again, and I am STARVING all the time!! I really understand now when people say it's like they woke up a monster! LOL!

I'm so excited though because these are exactly the types of symptoms I've been waiting for these past 10 weeks since starting to up calories! That's a long wait, but now I'm getting somewhere! Whoo-hoo!!
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Im not sure.. I might cut to 10% first and see how things go, then drop to 15%... right now I need to get through reset. Still deciding how long I will stay on that path first...
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I am pretty happy with my Reset so far...It seems like the more calories I go up I lose a couple ounces each time....Slowly but surely!! I was at 1800 for 3wks and then moved up to 2029 for 2wks but recalculated my activity and have been eating at 2158 since June 6th...I have been steadily losing - Not much but at least 2ozs each week...So I am pretty happy b/c I am not gaining and before when I was at 1800 I was just staying steady at 163 and once I upped now I am losing....I just wanted to let people know that some of us can lose on a Reset...It may not be much but it's something!! YAY!!!
  • mishkat
    mishkat Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Entering week 3. The only weird thing I have noticed is since Friday, every morning I weigh .2 lbs heavier. *shrug* Was 120.2 on Friday, today I'm at 120.8. Some days 1700 is plenty of calories, other days, seems like I need/crave more.

I started taking 1 protein shake a day on friday night. I wonder if that is what is causing this .2 weight gain every day o.O
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I posted this on the other thread before it was moved to this one. Got the suggestion to wear sundresses - thank you!! I will have to find some. :) I've never been much of a dress-wearer, but thinking of how it would feel to not have these pants digging into my belly ... well, I might just have to start wearing dresses, LOL. Here's my post from before (edited to add that I'm in my last week of the reset! Eek! I thought it was only week 6!!):

Hey guys. I'm starting week 8 this Monday morning. My pants were tight last week and the scale said I'd gained 17 pounds. This week, I'm afraid I'm going to pop the button and the zipper ... and I can't bring myself to step on the scale. I had a horrible sodium weekend and I ate a TON, but I was constantly moving. Just this weekend I've cleaned the house, helped raise two flower beds, moved 24 concrete blocks a couple different times, shoveled about a quarter ton of dirt, carried 5-gallon buckets of rocks, mowed the yard, picked up sticks, pulled weeds and planted ground cover. I'm beat!! I know that I overdid it on sodium this weekend ... I can feel that. I am just so tired of nothing fitting. I almost cried this morning when my pants were so hard to button and my hands hurt so bad from all the yard work, lol. Ugh. This is harder than I ever imagined. I cannot wait until I can start my cut and start losing. Is there anyone else in this thread who has gained upwards of 20 pounds? How are you all dealing with not being able to wear your clothes? I'm planning on a Goodwill trip sometime this coming week! Ughhhh!!
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    ... and, another question! When I do my cut, do I use my new weight to calculate my cut or the weight I started this at? I keep trying to tell myself that what the scale says isn't real, so it's confusing me as to whether I need to use this new scale weight for any calculations.
  • terrigrace
    terrigrace Posts: 199 Member
    Options

This ^^^

I'm on day I don't know - somewhere in my third week. I'm too lazy to look right now. It seems lately that I'm getting really used to eating at TDEE - as in I'm going to be sad to drop back down. I think it's going to be an adjustment cutting some food out. What's everyone's plan? I've heard some people say that they're going to only start with a 10% cut before going to 15% cut. I'm thinking I might go that route. I mean, if I can lose and have a bit more food, that sounds pretty awesome to me! LOL - I'm just enjoying this quite a bit!

I'm planning on the 15% cut, but I'm enjoying eating at this level a little too much. (I'm not going to count today, considering I'm having an extremely bad for me dinner) I have 6 more weeks to figure it out I guess. I'll try it for a week and then try 10% if I'm starving. I'm one of the few people that had not trouble at all immediately eating their TDEE!
  • annalistic
    annalistic Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Bump to find! Seriously thinking about doing it. I just want to hear about some successes after the cut.
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Options

This ^^^

I was so ready to quit a few days ago, but right now I'm feeling pretty used to eating more...like I could eat even more. LOL! Im not looking forward to my cut a whole lot either. I may do the 10% as well and see how it goes.
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    ... and, another question! When I do my cut, do I use my new weight to calculate my cut or the weight I started this at? I keep trying to tell myself that what the scale says isn't real, so it's confusing me as to whether I need to use this new scale weight for any calculations.

You would use whatever your current weight is.
  • bethad5
    bethad5 Posts: 176 Member
    Options

Started the reset today. Just ate dinner and have 450 cals to go so I need to plan my eating better. I originally upped my cals in early May and the scale's showing a 7 pound gain - but then I realized I still wasn't eating enough, so today is day 1 of eating at full TDEE. Pretty petrified of gaining more weight because my clothes are already pretty uncomfortably tight. I'm trying not to get discouraged that the scale is reading higher than it has in over a year... it's all worth it in the end, right? ...right???!