who's 5'3" and like 130lbs?!?

Options
124»

Replies

• JIGGLYbellyPUFF
    JIGGLYbellyPUFF Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4'' and 135. My # goal is 122-127, but truthfully, I'm at the point where I don't care what the number is. My focus is now making my upper thighs(ugh cellulite) and butt look better. If anybody has similar goals, feel free to add!
  • BikinimomE
    BikinimomE Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Does anyone use a tape measure to gauge progress? Why is everyone so obsessed with the number on the scale?

I'm 5'3" and in my current avatar (which was taken about 2 weeks ago) I weighed 137#. I started about 1 1/2 weeks before at 130# but because my metabolism was adjusting to doing NO CARDIO from cardio and calisthenics (didn't have access to a gym) and I was simply consuming too much alcohol.

I took my measurements at the beginning (I only have access to a scale at the gym which suits me just fine) and according to the tape measure and my mirror I am starting to progress. The areas of my body where I carry the most amount of fat are down and I've managed to pump up the areas where I have the least body fat a bit = I am headed in the right direction.

Now that I've stopped all alcohol consumption until I reach my goal (which will be about 31 OCT - my wedding anniversary where I want to wear a KILLER costume that's been sitting in my closet for about 3/4 years) and am back on track with weight resistance training; my body fully adjust to ZERO cardio the body fat is coming off slowly. Every several days I see a new cut or some vascularity. The only "cardio" I do is my 1 mile walk to and from the gym or a walk of the same distance/duration (one hour) on my off training days (I take 2 per every 7 day training cycle). I won't add any cardio back in unless I see a plateau as I get closer to my goal date. At which point I will cut back to ZERO, only adding it back in when I feel the need. And will rinse/repeat to maintain.

Also, has anyone tried carb cycling? I've tried this type of meal plan for about a week now and though it's too early to make a 100% judgement, it seems to be helping bf loss right along without impeding performance in the gym too greatly.
  • BluthLover
    BluthLover Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Does anyone use a tape measure to gauge progress? Why is everyone so obsessed with the number on the scale?

I'm 5'3" and in my current avatar (which was taken about 2 weeks ago) I weighed 137#. I started about 1 1/2 weeks before at 130# but because my metabolism was adjusting to doing NO CARDIO from cardio and calisthenics (didn't have access to a gym) and I was simply consuming too much alcohol.

I took my measurements at the beginning (I only have access to a scale at the gym which suits me just fine) and according to the tape measure and my mirror I am starting to progress. The areas of my body where I carry the most amount of fat are down and I've managed to pump up the areas where I have the least body fat a bit = I am headed in the right direction.

Now that I've stopped all alcohol consumption until I reach my goal (which will be about 31 OCT - my wedding anniversary where I want to wear a KILLER costume that's been sitting in my closet for about 3/4 years) and am back on track with weight resistance training; my body fully adjust to ZERO cardio the body fat is coming off slowly. Every several days I see a new cut or some vascularity. The only "cardio" I do is my 1 mile walk to and from the gym or a walk of the same distance/duration (one hour) on my off training days (I take 2 per every 7 day training cycle). I won't add any cardio back in unless I see a plateau as I get closer to my goal date. At which point I will cut back to ZERO, only adding it back in when I feel the need. And will rinse/repeat to maintain.

Also, has anyone tried carb cycling? I've tried this type of meal plan for about a week now and though it's too early to make a 100% judgement, it seems to be helping bf loss right along without impeding performance in the gym too greatly.

Why did u cut cardio? Just curious.
  • evanesco
    Options
    I'm 5' 3" and currently 138lbs. Aiming for 118lbs but more interested in building muscle. Currently following the Road Map, C25K 3 x week & YAYOG 3 x week, alternate days with Sundays off. Consuming 1760 cals per day and losing approx. 0.5lbs per week.
  • ang3h
    ang3h Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    My best friend is 5'3" and 130 lbs and is a skinny mini.. skinnier than me. The number on the scale doesn't matter trust me!
  • rositsky
    rositsky Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    That sounds exactly like me! Of course everyone's frame is different, but I'd really look and feel better at closer to 125. I seem to hover between 130-135.
  • skinnyminnie_
    skinnyminnie_ Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'1 and 99 pounds. (:
  • BikinimomE
    BikinimomE Posts: 116 Member
    Options

Because I was already doing too much. The human body adjusts very quickly. So if I wanted to keep losing body fat, I would have to do even more cardio which would eventually cause catabolism (breaking down lean muscle) which would eventually lead to the dreaded skinny-fat. No thank you!
  • BluthLover
    Options

Because I was already doing too much. The human body adjusts very quickly. So if I wanted to keep losing body fat, I would have to do even more cardio which would eventually cause catabolism (breaking down lean muscle) which would eventually lead to the dreaded skinny-fat. No thank you!

Makes sense! Thanks :)
  • _Tuyana_
    _Tuyana_ Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and today I'm 112.4 lbs (hovering around 112-114 lbs usually). I felt my best when I was 105 lbs, so I'd like to get there again. I'm the definition of skinny-fat I think, i.e. soft/squishy stomach, a bit of love handles and a flat bum on its way south. I'm doing cardio most days and pump cardio classes, so I train 6 days/week. I just started stage 1 from the new rules of lifting for women.

I'd love to find more friends with similar stats to gauge my progress!
  • sgcadola
    sgcadola Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hey all!! I'm in the same boat.. I'm 5'2'' and weigh 127.. My ideal weight is 115 but I'll settle to get under 120 again. I've tried Insanity, but didn't care for the workouts. I'mnow doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, on day 3, and so far I love it. I have been using MFP for over month and need the motivation to keep on track. I can't seem to lose any weight and IT'S SO FRUSTRATING!!
  • reallifealien
    reallifealien Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    i'm just slightly over 5'3" and my starting weight was 131lbs. about 6 weeks later and i'm 122lb! i don't really have a goal weight, i'm more concerned with clothing sizes and measurements really!
  • BluthLover
    Options
    Hey all!! I'm in the same boat.. I'm 5'2'' and weigh 127.. My ideal weight is 115 but I'll settle to get under 120 again. I've tried Insanity, but didn't care for the workouts. I'mnow doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, on day 3, and so far I love it. I have been using MFP for over month and need the motivation to keep on track. I can't seem to lose any weight and IT'S SO FRUSTRATING!!

You look awesome! What have you done to get down to 127?
  • lucyjaneharris
    Options
    I am 5''3 and 130 - next GW is 120 and we'll see from there!
    Do a lot of sport (boxing, running, rugby, elliptical trainer)
    But never seem to change ): Making a massive effort to eat more healthily...
    Particularly thigh-heavy!
  • MrsBioChem
    MrsBioChem Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    5'3", 127lbs. My ideal is 117 (HS athletic weight), but I will settle for 120. I sadly was already there about six months ago, but stopped tracking/ working out during the holidays and put most of it back on :(

I am a big fan of "just keep moving" over hour of exercise to equal out sitting on your butt all day. As a college student with a job there isn't much time for truly scheduled exercise. However, i was doing p90X and absolutely loved it; it just took too much of a time commitment.
  • overshadows
    overshadows Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    5'3" , 127 lbs. Weight loss is hard! I've been minding calories, and experimenting with exercising, and making sure I am hydrated, getting enough vitamins. I'm hoping that the little things add up, and that I can ease into a fitness routine without blowing out my knees.
  • JenHol79
    JenHol79 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    5'3 started before MFP at 134, started MFP on 4/15 at 130 and now I am 129. Running, Jillian videos, started weight training (today will only be D3) and hoping to get rid of this baby BELLLLLLY. Maintain and tone @ 115-120 is my goal. Would love any add on friends! Thanks.