Woman Claims to be a 'Former Lesbian'

Options

Replies

• MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    A member of species that can not reproduce is not able to contribute to the gene pool.
    Curiously them doggone gays have been with us for pretty much the entire recorded history of humanity. That's one tough gene.

I think that when looked at in that sense that it's kinda saying that the gays are about the toughest among us, isn't it? And who doesn't want to be tough?

As far as desireable, how many Hollywood stars have been held up as male icons throughout the years and who've turned out to be gay? Go as far back as Johnny Weismueller or as recently as Vin Diesel and I think that both men and women have always found many gay men quite desireable.

Its common for those negative genetic traits to continue to pop up as they remain as genetic mutations in the line. The other possibility is...they aren't genetic at all, they are choices.
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    A member of species that can not reproduce is not able to contribute to the gene pool.
    Curiously them doggone gays have been with us for pretty much the entire recorded history of humanity. That's one tough gene.

I think that when looked at in that sense that it's kinda saying that the gays are about the toughest among us, isn't it? And who doesn't want to be tough?

As far as desireable, how many Hollywood stars have been held up as male icons throughout the years and who've turned out to be gay? Go as far back as Johnny Weismueller or as recently as Vin Diesel and I think that both men and women have always found many gay men quite desireable.

Its common for those negative genetic traits to continue to pop up as they remain as genetic mutations in the line. The other possibility is...they aren't genetic at all, they are choices.

It's factually inaccurate to think that something must either be generic or a choice.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    If its not a choice than you are nothing more that a less desirable genetic trait that is doomed to pass and not be carried on.
    Its common for those negative genetic traits to continue to pop up as they remain as genetic mutations in the line.

Doomed to pass and not be carried on, yet they'll continue to pop up? Which is it?
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Its only offensive to those who find it offensive because they have wound themselves so tight they fail at being normal.
    Are you for real? So, because I have an autistic child and find the word "retarded" offensive, it's because I've failed at being normal? Or because I have an immediate family member who is homosexual and I find the word "gay" offensive it's because I've "wound myself up so tight"? Do you also use racial slurs? I mean, the "n" word is only offensive to those who fail at being normal according to you, right?
  • MassiveDelta
    Options

Desirable to the eyes does not mean desirable in the evolutionary sense. As a gay man is not a willing baby maker; therefore he cant impregnate a female of the species. When all she desires is to procreate she would not choose a gay man as that will not allow her to become pregnant, hence not desirable.
  • EvanKeel
    Options

Desirable to the eyes does not mean desirable in the evolutionary sense. As a gay man is not a willing baby maker; therefore he cant impregnate a female of the species. When all she desires is to procreate she would not choose a gay man as that will not allow her to become pregnant, hence not desirable.

Wearing glasses isn't terribly desirable by that standard either there, sport. And yet I wouldn't call you four eyes (in part because I also wear glasses). More importantly, if you found it offensive, I would ask someone to stop using the term because it's disrespectful.
  • EvanKeel
    Options
    Its only offensive to those who find it offensive because they have wound themselves so tight they fail at being normal.
    Are you for real? So, because I have an autistic child and find the word "retarded" offensive, it's because I've failed at being normal? Or because I have an immediate family member who is homosexual and I find the word "gay" offensive it's because I've "wound myself up so tight"? Do you also use racial slurs? I mean, the "n" word is only offensive to those who fail at being normal according to you, right?

As much as I don't see eye to eye with you patti, I believe it's just a trolling attempt :)
  • MassiveDelta
    Options

No!
    An autistic child is not retarded. No the word retarded is a real word used to describe all kinds of things not just mentally retarded adults and children...Stop being so overly sensitive that you require every one around you to cater to your vocabulary requirements. I've explained it if you dont understand go back and read it. There is not other usage for the racial slur you describe. So that makes no sense. It is funny how people tend to automatically try to make someone a racist if they dont subscribe to their same beliefs. No one brought race into this.
  • MassiveDelta
    Options
    If its not a choice than you are nothing more that a less desirable genetic trait that is doomed to pass and not be carried on.
    Its common for those negative genetic traits to continue to pop up as they remain as genetic mutations in the line.

Doomed to pass and not be carried on, yet they'll continue to pop up? Which is it?

It wont ever become a primary trait of the species one that gets passed because its advantageous
  • MassiveDelta
    Options

It's factually inaccurate to think that something must either be generic or a choice.

If you have another way to explain it please do so. From the mouths of every person in this thread. Gays are born that way. (genetic) the alternative is?
  • macpatti
    Options
    No!
    An autistic child is not retarded. No the word retarded is a real word used to describe all kinds of things not just mentally retarded adults and children...Stop being so overly sensitive that you require every one around you to cater to your vocabulary requirements. I've explained it if you dont understand go back and read it.
    I realize my son has autism and not mental retardation. The word "retard" gets thrown around inappropriately all the time. It is offensive to people who have children with learning differences because people don't know the difference. It has nothing to do with my vocabulary requirements, whatever that means. It has to do with being an offensive word to so many people. Please just tell me why you would use it when you know it to be offensive to a group of people.

Why would you use the word "gay" when you know it to be offensive to a group of people? I just don't get that mentality.
    There is not other usage for the racial slur you describe. So that makes no sense. It is funny how people tend to automatically try to make someone a racist if they dont subscribe to their same beliefs. No one brought race into this.
    I never said you were racist. You subscribe to the belief that you should be able to use any word you want, regardless if others find it offensive. So, I'm wanting to know where you draw the line.
  • macpatti
    Options
    Gay men allow women to become pregnant all the time. In some cases, gay men are very desirable when it comes to fathering a child.
  • macpatti
    Options
    As much as I don't see eye to eye with you patti, I believe it's just a trolling attempt :)
    Ahhh....so, I should probably just stop.
  • MassiveDelta
    Options

So because I offer an alternative discussion point. One that is at least in this thread unpopular idea;im a troll.
    Wearing glasses isn't terribly desirable by that standard either there, sport. And yet I wouldn't call you four eyes (in part because I also wear glasses). More importantly, if you found it offensive, I would ask someone to stop using the term because it's disrespectful.

Requiring glasses does not mean its a less then desirable trait. I wasn't born needing glasses. I didn't require glasses until I was in the 4th grade. My degraded sight is due to ready a lot in near dark conditions while growing up. And as such that trait maybe considered desirable as it would suggest one who reads a great deal has a certainly level of desired intelligence
  • EvanKeel
    Options
    If you have another way to explain it please do so. From the mouths of every person in this thread. Gays are born that way. (genetic) the alternative is?

Any number of environment factors that may come into play. Or possibly even a combination of genetics and environmental factors. For example, there's nothing about your genetic code that pre-destined you to be male. It wound up that way for a number of other reasons.
  • EvanKeel
    Options
    So because I offer an alternative discussion point. One that is at least in this thread unpopular idea;im a troll.

Requiring glasses does not mean its a less then desirable trait. I wasn't born needing glasses. I didn't require glasses until I was in the 4th grade. My degraded sight is due to ready a lot in near dark conditions while growing up. And as such that trait maybe considered desirable as it would suggest one who reads a great deal has a certainly level of desired intelligence

Uh huh. I'm sure the fact that some families include members who all wear glasses while others include members where no one does is pure coincidence. :) Keep trying troll. You're an amusing plaything.
  • EvanKeel
    Options

Nope. It's entirely my impression based on your responses. I think you enjoy being condescending and intentionally offensive. I'm sure you respect my right to have that opinion based on the social cues you present in your writing.
  • EvanKeel
    Options
    Ahhh....so, I should probably just stop.

Unless you plan on having more fun than he is :)
  • MassiveDelta
    Options
    No!
    An autistic child is not retarded. No the word retarded is a real word used to describe all kinds of things not just mentally retarded adults and children...Stop being so overly sensitive that you require every one around you to cater to your vocabulary requirements. I've explained it if you dont understand go back and read it.
    I realize my son has autism and not mental retardation. The word "retard" gets thrown around inappropriately all the time. It is offensive to people who have children with learning differences because people don't know the difference. It has nothing to do with my vocabulary requirements, whatever that means. It has to do with being an offensive word to so many people. Please just tell me why you would use it when you know it to be offensive to a group of people.

Why would you use the word "gay" when you know it to be offensive to a group of people? I just don't get that mentality.
    There is not other usage for the racial slur you describe. So that makes no sense. It is funny how people tend to automatically try to make someone a racist if they dont subscribe to their same beliefs. No one brought race into this.
    I never said you were racist. You subscribe to the belief that you should be able to use any word you want, regardless if others find it offensive. So, I'm wanting to know where you draw the line.

Because its not in and of its self offensive its offensive because you have made it offensive. Your vocabulary requirements that you are forcing on others mean nothing. Im not required to hone my vocabulary in a way to be politically correct. If I called you a retard that would be different.
    Gay men allow women to become pregnant all the time. In some cases, gay men are very desirable when it comes to fathering a child.

Just because they can doesn't mean they will. In natural selection a gay man would not be chosen. He would not be seen as a potential mate because he can not meet the requirements.
  • MassiveDelta
    Options

Any number of environment factors that may come into play. Or possibly even a combination of genetics and environmental factors. For example, there's nothing about your genetic code that pre-destined you to be male. It wound up that way for a number of other reasons.

Actually it was all genetic code and my mother living on a farm instead of the city had no bearing on it. either way you still have explained it. Its either genetic or choice.

Its part of your genetic make up or its nurture or choice