how much weight have you gained

Options

Replies

• FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    When I went to the doctor Monday, it was the first time I didn't gain any weight :) Haha...I'm up 14lbs according to their scales, and 18 at home (I count my gain from the day I got my BFP, whereas the doctor counts it from my first appt at 7 weeks). I'm 17 weeks, by the way!
  • Jillsie11
    Jillsie11 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I'm up 21 lbs at 29 1/2 weeks- happy because I don't think I will gain the 40 I gained last pregnancy:):)
  • jls8209
    jls8209 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    When I went to the doctor Monday, it was the first time I didn't gain any weight :) Haha...I'm up 14lbs according to their scales, and 18 at home (I count my gain from the day I got my BFP, whereas the doctor counts it from my first appt at 7 weeks). I'm 17 weeks, by the way!

I wonder if the reason my OB/GYN hasn't commented on my weight (yet!) is because I started seeing her at 14 weeks, when I was already up 8lbs? I saw my GP for initial bloodwork at 5 weeks and was up 1lb at that point. Not sure which starting weight my current doc is using.
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    So I was really good the last 2 days, ate under calories, lots of water, and lower sodium, and my weight was the highest this morning it's ever been!! It makes me feel like why bother trying? Oh well I guess, it's out of my control, as long as my baby is healthy, I will just have a lot of work ahead of me :)
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I wonder if my dr will count my weight from my first appt? I was 17weeks first time I met her (she was on vacation for a month, ugh) anywhoo, weight is slowing down.

15wk- +9.2
    16wk +9.5
    17wk +9.9
    18wk +10.9

i was a little less in lbs yesterday, but i think i am holding in some water from this heatwave we've got going on. i am kinda swollen
  • cocolo89
    Options
    I'm up 21 lbs at 29 1/2 weeks- happy because I don't think I will gain the 40 I gained last pregnancy:):)

fantastic!! I am shooting for the same range at 30wks, to be between 20-25gain and then for my 40wk range to be under 35gain. I gained almost 50with my DD and she was 6lbs13oz, soooo I know not all the weight goes to baby. LOL. I was only 15lbs lighter after I lost all the fluids and such, the rest was for me to lose on my own. ugh. SOOO I gained pure fat with her, which i am avoiding now, I am eating 100% healthier and whole foods. WIth her I ate a crap load of fast foods and frozen meals and ramen noodles. LOL No wonder my poor baby wasn't any bigger. she wasn't getting the necessary nutrition.
  • jls8209
    jls8209 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    So I was really good the last 2 days, ate under calories, lots of water, and lower sodium, and my weight was the highest this morning it's ever been!! It makes me feel like why bother trying? Oh well I guess, it's out of my control, as long as my baby is healthy, I will just have a lot of work ahead of me :)

Me, too! Except for the sodium part - I had frozen pizza last night, so I'm hoping that is part of the reason my scale was up 1.5 lbs this morning (even after getting up for 3 good pees last night!) This morning I weighed 1/2 lb over my highest pre-pregnancy weight. I knew it was going to happen, just thought it would be a few more weeks down the road! :ohwell:
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Well the good news is the doctors weren't concerned with my weight ;)
  • licha75
    licha75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I was gaining really fast the first trimester, stupid cravings. I have been maintaining these last few weeks, so far so good. Would love to weigh the same for the next 5 weeks. We will see, I checked on this site http://www.baby2see.com/pregnancy_weight_calculator.html and I would need to maintain for the next 5 weeks to be back on track. Stupid cravings!!!!

6 wks +3.0
    10 wks +7.0
    11 wks +6.0
    13wks +9.0
    14 wks + 9.0
    15 wks +9.0
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I was gaining really fast the first trimester, stupid cravings. I have been maintaining these last few weeks, so far so good. Would love to weigh the same for the next 5 weeks. We will see, I checked on this site http://www.baby2see.com/pregnancy_weight_calculator.html and I would need to maintain for the next 5 weeks to be back on track. Stupid cravings!!!!

6 wks +3.0
    10 wks +7.0
    11 wks +6.0
    13wks +9.0
    14 wks + 9.0
    15 wks +9.0

I have had a similar slowdown in my weight gain. I initally gained nothing, then around 8 weeks seemed to have suddenly gained 3kg, but weighed myself yesterday at 11 weeks and had only gained another 0.5kg in the past 3 weeks.
  • cocolo89
    Options

6 wks +3.0
    10 wks +7.0
    11 wks +6.0
    13wks +9.0
    14 wks + 9.0
    15 wks +9.0

i gained a lot my first tri too, just recently started slowing down. don't stress. :)
  • snowgrrl83
    snowgrrl83 Posts: 242 Member
    Options

6 wks +3.0
    10 wks +7.0
    11 wks +6.0
    13wks +9.0
    14 wks + 9.0
    15 wks +9.0

My weight gain is somewhat similar. Except the weight fluctuates more than that. By 10 weeks I had gained 11 pounds...and now I lost 2 of those pounds at 15 weeks for a total gain of 9 pounds. It was most likely water weight that I lost...
  • Amanda421
    Amanda421 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    So I have maintained my weight from last week :) My goal is to maintain it one more week. I have gained 21lbs in 29 weeks.
  • Exna
    Exna Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I went to the doctor yesterday, Thursday, btw my mom that was visiting from Mexico was able to come with me :) .. that made me really happy to know that she was part of at least one appointmen and she was able to hear my little girl's heartbeat :D
    At 22 weeks and 3 days I'm up 11.5 lbs according to their scales, and 14 at home (I count my gain from the day I got my BFP, whereas the doctor counts it from my first appt at 7 weeks) :happy:
    I got back from Hawaii last week and was up 4 lbs since my last appointment .. besides with my mom being here for 10 days all that homemade mexican food made me not really watch what I was eating ... both "vacations" were super fun and don't regreat anything at all !!!!! :laugh:
  • licha75
    licha75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options

6 wks +3.0
    10 wks +7.0
    11 wks +6.0
    13wks +9.0
    14 wks + 9.0
    15 wks +9.0

My weight gain is somewhat similar. Except the weight fluctuates more than that. By 10 weeks I had gained 11 pounds...and now I lost 2 of those pounds at 15 weeks for a total gain of 9 pounds. It was most likely water weight that I lost...

I hope I have water weight and I get lose 2 pounds! That would be great.
  • cocolo89
    Options
    I went to the doctor yesterday, Thursday, btw my mom that was visiting from Mexico was able to come with me :) .. that made me really happy to know that she was part of at least one appointmen and she was able to hear my little girl's heartbeat :D
    At 22 weeks and 3 days I'm up 11.5 lbs according to their scales, and 14 at home (I count my gain from the day I got my BFP, whereas the doctor counts it from my first appt at 7 weeks) :happy:
    I got back from Hawaii last week and was up 4 lbs since my last appointment .. besides with my mom being here for 10 days all that homemade mexican food made me not really watch what I was eating ... both "vacations" were super fun and don't regreat anything at all !!!!! :laugh:

you're doing great! I hope to follow your steps. lol. I also count from when I got my BFP and I am currently up 12-13 lbs at 19wks. I gained a lot this week from alot of heavy foods and eating out almost the whole week. But now I am back to homecooked meals so it should go back down. :)) According to dr scale I have a 10.5lb gain. I have 2.5wks left until my next appt and I hope to just have a 4lb gain like you :) buuuuut I doubt it will happen. LOL
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    After initially shooting up like CRAZY in the first trimester, my weight gain has stabilized the last few weeks...the only thing I've done differently is I switched to a low acid diet (I have interstitial cystitis and low acid diet helps control it). I hope this trend continues for awhile so I can get back on a healthier rate of weight gain...but, it's just bizarre to me!
  • mellynat
    mellynat Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Pretty surprised I haven't gained more. 20 weeks and I'm up around 6-7lbs... Considering my doctor told me I'm not allowed to workout anymore I was panicking that I'd gain like crazy. But i've been maintaining same weight for a few weeks. I do miss working out :( can't wait to start again.
  • flipchickmc
    flipchickmc Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I wasn't keeping track of my pre-pg weight because I was only 3months post-partum when I found out I was PG again and hadn't lost all that I gained last time around. So, I'm going by my weigh-in at my 1st doc appt.

6wks 3 days: 0
    10wks 6 days: -1
    15wks 6 days: +6
    20wks: +7
    25wks 1 day: +15 (huge jump also found out I had GD that week)
    29wks: (loss 5lbs) +10
    30wks 6 days: +11

Total gained so far at 31wks is: 11lbs

Finding out I had Gestational Diabetes at 25wks really helped me to start eating healthier and control the weight gain. I hope to continue to gain about 1/2 to 1lb a week until the baby is born. Keeping me within the 20lbs category for being overweight to begin with. My last 2 PG i gained 35-40lbs.
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I'm up 30lbs at 34 weeks. I haven't gained anything for the last three weeks - I'm at a plateau - yay!

My weight gain has totally slowed down for the third trimester. Still following a strict GD diet and exercising 4-5 days per week.