how much weight have you gained

Options

Replies

• schmoozie26
    schmoozie26 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm 25 weeks 3 days and I'm up 21 lbs. Not happy with that as I'm just under 5" tall, but what do ya do. I still exercise 5 days a week and treat myself whenever I want as now is the time to because afterwards it's back to the grindstone baby!!!! :):):)
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Had my 23 week appt today and per the nurse I've only gained 8 pounds this pregnancy. But I'm still going to hold to my 12 lb gain based on my MFP weight from week 1, not my dr's office weigh in during week 8.
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Had my 23 week appt today and per the nurse I've only gained 8 pounds this pregnancy. But I'm still going to hold to my 12 lb gain based on my MFP weight from week 1, not my dr's office weigh in during week 8.

nice job! still a great weigh in. According to my Dr office I gained 12lbs, (I didn't start seeing them until I was 17wks!! lol) but according to my scale since the beginning of my pregnancy, I have a gain of 20lbs at 26weeks.

Weight gain is finally slowing down. I haven't gained anything for 2.5weeks which for me is shocking cause I averaged 1-2lbs a week! I have changed up my eating. I started eating more whole grains,whole wheats, veggies, fruits. I still have sweets, still trying to cut it out but its proving to be hard. lol. I also re-started doing DVDs with light weights. So far so good!! My boy must be loving the changes cause he is super active!! Constantly kicking me under the ribs, ouch.
  • snowgrrl83
    snowgrrl83 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    At 8 weeks pregnant I was +6lbs
    at 10 weeks pregnant I was +11lbs
    at 11 weeks pregnant I was +10 lbs
    At 12 weeks +8lbs
    At 13 weeks +10lbs
    At 14 weeks + 12 lbs
    At 15 weeks + 9lbs
    At 16 weeks + 10.5 lbs
    At 17 weeks + 12.5 lbs
    At the never-ending 18 weeks + 16lbs
    19 weeks + 14.5 lbs
    20 weeks + 20 lbs
    21 weeks + 17 lbs
    22 weeks + 18.5 lbs
    23 weeks + 17 lbs

Does this mean that I haven't really gained any weight in the past 3 weeks? Not sure what it really means..my weight fluctuates so much... I get sooo much bloat one day and then 3 days later, I lose 5 lbs of "water weight".
  • kathyk519
    kathyk519 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Hi All: I am 20w1d and am up about 10 lbs. I am 5 ft tall. I feel like my weight gain has been all over the place, I would gain a couple here or there, and then not gain at all for weeks at a time, and even lose on occasion. The last 3 lbs have been in the last couple of weeks. All of a sudden, I am so hungry and I never feel full. I am hoping that I can stay in the recommended 20 -25 lbs range. I feel like I eat fairly healthy with some treats. I admit I haven't been as active as I would like. I don't exercise every day, but at least 4 days a week. I take a dance class still for 90 min each week, and I try to get on the elliptical machine at home at least 3 days a week for 30 minutes. Definitely not pushing myself, although there are days that I really want to, like I really want ti go running, but between the first trimester fatigue and the crazy humidity this summer, I got off track and am nervous to start back up until afterwards.
  • kerrbear79
    kerrbear79 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    So I have always heard the "myth" & fairytale about those women who don't gain or hardly gain in the very end, but just couldn't believe it. I believe it now!! =) I've probably only gained about 1 lb in the past 3 weeks or so. I had been averaging about 1 lb per wk gain the entire time, even from the 1st trimester. I am now up 32 lbs at 38 wks and very happy about that. My goal was to not go over 35 lbs (started out at a normal weight/bmi). With my 1st pregnancy I gained 45 lbs and was still gaining 1-2 lbs per wk in the end. Amazing how different pregnancies are. Also last time I had so much freaking water weight in the end that I couldn't wear my rings or hardly any shoes, not even flip flops. I've had zero swelling this time and am still in shock. I'm just so happy I had to share and give others hope that gain a lot in the beginning. =)
  • mellynat
    mellynat Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    So I have always heard the "myth" & fairytale about those women who don't gain or hardly gain in the very end, but just couldn't believe it. I believe it now!! =) I've probably only gained about 1 lb in the past 3 weeks or so. I had been averaging about 1 lb per wk gain the entire time, even from the 1st trimester. I am now up 32 lbs at 38 wks and very happy about that. My goal was to not go over 35 lbs (started out at a normal weight/bmi). With my 1st pregnancy I gained 45 lbs and was still gaining 1-2 lbs per wk in the end. Amazing how different pregnancies are. Also last time I had so much freaking water weight in the end that I couldn't wear my rings or hardly any shoes, not even flip flops. I've had zero swelling this time and am still in shock. I'm just so happy I had to share and give others hope that gain a lot in the beginning. =)

Thats awesome!!!! Good for you!! I'm keeping my figures crossed for a weight gain between 25-30lbs. So far it seems I've been doing pretty good. 28 weeks on Monday and I've gained 17lbs.. Hopefully I can keep in the range even with all the holidays coming up. They'll be a lot of celebration and eating involved. lol
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

Thanks for that, it gives me some hope. I've already gained a LOT and it's very hard to watch, given I've always been normal weight. I hope it slows down soon but I'm only 23.5 weeks :/
  • Amanda421
    Amanda421 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    @mellynat

Your weight gain pattern and goal sounds similar to mine. You can do it. I started pilling on the weight around 33 weeks though. ( Most of that being my own poor choices.)

At this point I am 37 weeks and I have gained 31.5lbs. I didnt gain from last week and I am hoping to maintain until delivery.
  • Jillsie11
    Jillsie11 Posts: 249 Member
    Options

Congrats, kerrBear!

As of Wednesday (at 37.5 weeks) I was up 28 ish...today (at almost 38 weeks), I was up 30. Hoping to not gain any more since 30 was my goal. I worked out 4 days this week, but it's getting really hard for me to have any willpower when it comes to my diet. Ah well....2 more weeks, 2 more weeks:)
  • Amanda421
    Amanda421 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    so i am bored at work and i like playing with #'s. takes my mind off food ;)
    i didnt start keeping track of my gains until 22 weeks so thats why it starts there.

weeks 1-22 gained 16lbs
    weeks 22- 25 gained 16.5
    week 26 gained 19.5
    week 27 gained 20.5
    week 28 gained 21
    week 29 gained 21
    week 30 gained 22
    week 31 gained 21.5
    week 32 gained 23
    week 33 gained 24.5
    week 34 gained 27.5
    week 35 gained 30
    week 36 gained 32
    week 37 gained 31.5
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options

Wow, that is really fantastic! I gained ~65lbs with my first pregnancy (I'm 7w5d today, so this time it's too early to say anything), and I lost a couple of pounds towards the end because I ran out of room for food. However, like you, I was really, really swollen. My feet and ankles looked scary. I couldn't wear my rings, either, and I even bought a new watch because it had a larger wristband (I still wear the watch because I like it, but it sits almost halfway between my wrist and elbow now, which has strangely become very comfortable). I hope that this time, like you, I will avoid major swelling!

You are really in the home stretch now, though! Best wishes to you for a safe, healthy delivery!!!
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    48lbs@35 weeks, there probably goes the staying under 50, so my goal is to stay under 60 now :( I'm sure at this point there will be more water weight and fluctuations.
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    48lbs@35 weeks, there probably goes the staying under 50, so my goal is to stay under 60 now :( I'm sure at this point there will be more water weight and fluctuations.

I'm at 47 @39 weeks but I've been at the same weight since 37. I think he's pretty much done growing now *finger's crossed* so the last several weigh-ins at the doctor's office hasn't changed any.

I'm so ready to 1. have this baby! and 2. get cleared by the doc to start exercising
  • jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options

I am right there with you. At this point I am just hoping to stay under 60 :( and to think i had thought at the beginning i would be able to keep my weight gain to just 30lbs
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    24 weeks here and already gained 28 lbs (6 of it just this past week). eeeeek! 16 more weeks to go!!
  • Jenny_Rose77
    Jenny_Rose77 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Today is 30 weeks, and the scale tells me I've gained 29 pounds. I have gained 12 of those pounds in the past month. I'm really hoping this crazy growth spurt slows down! At the same time, I've more or less made peace with it. I look at the scale and say "Oh fine." :-)
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Today is 30 weeks, and the scale tells me I've gained 29 pounds. I have gained 12 of those pounds in the past month. I'm really hoping this crazy growth spurt slows down! At the same time, I've more or less made peace with it. I look at the scale and say "Oh fine." :-)

That's all you can do, it bothered me for a while and then I finally just accepted it and know it's going to happen. I could be a little better, but it's not like I'm gorging myself constantly. I am usually hungry when I eat
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    27wks and gained 21.1lbs, in the last 1 month I have put on 0.5lb. I will bring this up at my next dr appt in 2 wks. it has really slowed down for me.
  • snowgrrl83
    snowgrrl83 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    27wks and gained 21.1lbs, in the last 1 month I have put on 0.5lb. I will bring this up at my next dr appt in 2 wks. it has really slowed down for me.

That's awesome! I thought I recalled you posting about your Dr. coming down on you for having taken on too much weight too quickly (maybe that was about a month ago?!) and from what I remember, your gain wasn't that "out of line" from what I had understood. Way to go! 21.1 lbs is totally reasonable at 27 weeks!