how much weight have you gained

Options

Replies

• Amandajp79
    Amandajp79 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Just got back from my check up. I'm 25w and 4d. 33yrs old, 5'6, starting weight 159. I have gained a total of 16lbs and my doctor had a 'talk' with me about it. I feel that was completely out of line. I am at below/average for weight gain. I didn't think my weight was a big deal, especially since I am 'All Belly'. Baby is, and always has been, measuring a week ahead.

WTH? Just annoyed me I guess. I eat healthy. I guess just need to work out more (I go to the gym 3x a week). I just didn't want to be stressed about weight during my first pregnancy. It just hurt my feelings. :ohwell: :embarassed: :frown:
  • BBeccaJean
    BBeccaJean Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    6 weeks: +3
    7 weeks: -3
    8 weeks: +1.2
    9 weeks: -1.2
    10 weeks: +1.4
    11 weeks: -4
    12 weeks: +3
    13 weeks: -1.8
    14 weeks: -4
    15-17 weeks: +.5
    18 weeks: +5.6
    19 weeks: +5
    20 weeks: +3.8
    21.5 weeks: +6.6
    23 weeks: +8.2
    24 weeks: +9.2
    25 weeks: didn't weigh!
    26 weeks: +13
    27.5 weeks: +15.8

Another big gain...kind of confused since I've been eating very similarly the entire pregnancy. If I keep gaining like this, I'll be stuck in the 200s for a while after baby is born and I'm not interested in that! Anyone have tips on how to slow down the weight gain in a healthy way?
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Just got back from my check up. I'm 25w and 4d. 33yrs old, 5'6, starting weight 159. I have gained a total of 16lbs and my doctor had a 'talk' with me about it. I feel that was completely out of line. I am at below/average for weight gain. I didn't think my weight was a big deal, especially since I am 'All Belly'. Baby is, and always has been, measuring a week ahead.

WTH? Just annoyed me I guess. I eat healthy. I guess just need to work out more (I go to the gym 3x a week). I just didn't want to be stressed about weight during my first pregnancy. It just hurt my feelings. :ohwell: :embarassed: :frown:

that's brutal - I'm at 24 weeks and up 16 lbs now. I jumped 3 pounds in one week after eating pretty normally (like how could I have eaten so much to gain 3 pounds in a week)! Baby is all belly for me too - people comment that they didn't know I was pregnant until I turned around and my baby is also measuring ahead by 11 days. Don't drs know that babies are growing like crazy right now?! don't worry about it too much, I know it's hard not to but you're doing everything right and that's all that matters.
  • rabbit__food
    rabbit__food Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Well today is my due date!! 40 weeks and up a total of 20.4 lbs

Wish he would make his appearance already. Stubborn child!!
  • freckledLeanne
    freckledLeanne Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Well today is my due date!! 40 weeks and up a total of 20.4 lbs

Wish he would make his appearance already. Stubborn child!!

Well done, lady! Crossing my fingers for you that babe will come soon. Good luck!
  • TheLaser
    TheLaser Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Weeks:
    14: +14
    20: +20
    22: +24
    24: +24
    25: +24
    27: +27
    28: +27
    29: +27
    30: +30
    31: +32
    32: +33

I've been feeling really big and more uncomfortable than usual, and my little guy is twisting and bopping in there, so I think that extra pound is all growing baby. Strangely, the bump doesn't look any bigger. In fact, when I compare my bump with other women due around the same time with their first, I'm always the smallest. But darn it all, my butt looks gigantic and really so sad.
  • nemiredi3
    nemiredi3 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm 16 weeks today and am still at my pre-pregnancy weight. I started a lot heavier then I have ever been so I am glad I am not gaining fast. At 5"3 I weigh 152..hoping to keep the weight gain under 30lbs. I started so much smaller with my son my highest pregnancy weight was 159 so this is a big change! I will just lose it all after!
  • LauriesTrying2BeFit
    LauriesTrying2BeFit Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    im 28 weeks today and im back down to a 9.5lb gain have a sickness bug this past week tho. this is my bump pic from 10 weeks to 28 weeks

ff23f48c-02b8-4e44-aa92-a41c61be0881_zpse729bac3.jpg
  • auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    im 28 weeks today and im back down to a 9.5lb gain have a sickness bug this past week tho. this is my bump pic from 10 weeks to 28 weeks

Look at that teeny cute little bump!! I'm almost the same (29 week) and like 2 or 3 times bigger lol.
  • Artemis726
    Artemis726 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    HI, Love this thread! I've been struggling (emotionally) with my weight gain. I cry everytime
    I started out weighing 135, I am now 32 weeks and have gained 30lbs. I wanted to stay under 30 lbs but not the case. I have remained active, ate (relatively) healthy, kept tracking my food and stayed within my calorie limits.
    It's nice to read about how everyone is so different, thanks ladies.

This is me all the way! I hate dreading doctor visits because of what he'll say to me about the weight gain, but I am doing everything right. It's just how some women work. Not everyone is going to follow textbook standards, and it's so frustrating to me that there is such a stigma to weight gain during pregnancy. I've had the talk once already, and I was in a healthy range at that point. Not looking forwards to my next visit because I have been gaining water weight and having edema for the first time this pregnancy.

Anyways- I'm about 34 weeks and up 31lbs. :smile: I normally gain about 40-45.
  • auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    HI, Love this thread! I've been struggling (emotionally) with my weight gain. I cry everytime
    I started out weighing 135, I am now 32 weeks and have gained 30lbs. I wanted to stay under 30 lbs but not the case. I have remained active, ate (relatively) healthy, kept tracking my food and stayed within my calorie limits.
    It's nice to read about how everyone is so different, thanks ladies.

This is me all the way! I hate dreading doctor visits because of what he'll say to me about the weight gain, but I am doing everything right. It's just how some women work. Not everyone is going to follow textbook standards, and it's so frustrating to me that there is such a stigma to weight gain during pregnancy. I've had the talk once already, and I was in a healthy range at that point. Not looking forwards to my next visit because I have been gaining water weight and having edema for the first time this pregnancy.

Anyways- I'm about 34 weeks and up 31lbs. :smile: I normally gain about 40-45.

Really must depend on your health care provider. I know mine didn't say anything about the 10 I gained in a month till I brought up the fact I've been puffy and retaining alot of water. Really sucks that they make you feel bad about something that is suppose to be a special moment in your lives. As long as its not causing serious health problems what is some arbitrary weight line really worth anyway... It's all a personal thing and our bodies do crazy things when they are all wacked out on hormones. Try not to let the weight get you down your bodies are doing an amazing thing :):flowerforyou:

Edit b/c typing on this phone sucks!! Lol
  • Crazyartgrrl
    Crazyartgrrl Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm 19 weeks and I've gained 3.2 lbs. doctor isn't concerned (I was 25 lbs overweight to begin with). Eating very healthy, getting the calories in and exercising regularly. This has been SUCH a healthy pregnancy, better so far than the 44 lbs I gained with my last baby!
  • freckledLeanne
    freckledLeanne Posts: 111 Member
    Options

Look at that teeny cute little bump!! I'm almost the same (29 week) and like 2 or 3 times bigger lol.

Oh my goodness! What a cute little bump! I'm at 23 weeks, and mine is also 2-3 times bigger (the joys of a short torso, I suppose). ;)
  • kellykneppergrundy
    kellykneppergrundy Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Week 6: -1
    Week 7: -1
    Week 8: -1
    Week 9: -1
    Week 10: -2
    Week 11: -2
    Week 12: -2
    Week 13: -4
    Week 14: -3
    Week 15: -3
    Week 16: -1
    Week 17: -1
    Week 18: -1
    Week 19: +1
    Week 20: +1
    Week 21: +1
    Week 22: +1
    Week 23: +2.5

Up 1.5 pounds since last week and really happy with that. If I can keep an average gain of 1-1.5 pounds a week from here on, I will come in nicely between 25-30 pounds gained. All theoretical of course!
  • MtMcConnel
    MtMcConnel Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm really struggling with my weight gain. I've already gained 39lb and I'm at 30 weeks. I was running regularly, but have recently had to stop. I'm trying to find other exercises to stay active and just joined MFP and this group as motivation to eat more nutritious food and stay within a target calorie range. It's been nice to read all your posts to know how differently everyone's body is responding to pregnancy.
    Sorry to hear a few of you have not had positive experiences with your health care providers response to your weight gain. That would really upset me too! I don't feel it's especially helpful to hear when someone thinks you're doing 'a bad job'. I always find it more helpful to know what they would suggest I do from this point forward - more of a proactive/positive spin on it. Maybe you explain that it doesn't help to merely hear that you gained too much, but you'd rather know what they specifically suggest you do in the future. It sounds like many of you are doing all the right things anyway, so it might be a chance for them to recognize all your hard work with nutrition and fitness.
  • BBeccaJean
    BBeccaJean Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    6 weeks: +3
    7 weeks: -3
    8 weeks: +1.2
    9 weeks: -1.2
    10 weeks: +1.4
    11 weeks: -4
    12 weeks: +3
    13 weeks: -1.8
    14 weeks: -4
    15-17 weeks: +.5
    18 weeks: +5.6
    19 weeks: +5
    20 weeks: +3.8
    21.5 weeks: +6.6
    23 weeks: +8.2
    24 weeks: +9.2
    25 weeks: didn't weigh!
    26 weeks: +13
    27.5 weeks: +15.8
    28.5 weeks: +14.8

I'll take it! I hope to maintain this for a few weeks ... just need to continue my no diet soda and watching sodium!
  • EmilyRanae22
    EmilyRanae22 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    37 weeks and I have gained 45lbs. I am super irritated with my midwife! She is sending me at 38/39 weeks for a US to make sure the baby isn't too big. Sure 45lbs is "a lot" but when I don't work out my body settles at 165 and I wasn't able to work out my whole first trimester due to complications in the pregnancy so if I had started at 165 that would only be 20lbs gained. Also, I don't care if the baby is "too big" I know women who have delivered 11pound babies just fine.

Hubs keeps telling me not to obsess over it and I'm not worried in the whole "I'm fat" sort of way, I'm just irritated she is making a big deal about it as if it's going to impact the pregnancy/delivery. GRRRRRR

On a different not, Welcome to MtMcConnely hang in there and try not to stress too much about the weight gain. When I hit 40lbs my OB (a different one than I have now) said it would be perfectly OK if I decided to set my calories to "maintain" so that's what I did and it seems to have helped (untill these last 2 weeks when I haven't really logged ;) )
  • kellykneppergrundy
    Options
    37 weeks and I have gained 45lbs. I am super irritated with my midwife! She is sending me at 38/39 weeks for a US to make sure the baby isn't too big. Sure 45lbs is "a lot" but when I don't work out my body settles at 165 and I wasn't able to work out my whole first trimester due to complications in the pregnancy so if I had started at 165 that would only be 20lbs gained. Also, I don't care if the baby is "too big" I know women who have delivered 11pound babies just fine.

Hubs keeps telling me not to obsess over it and I'm not worried in the whole "I'm fat" sort of way, I'm just irritated she is making a big deal about it as if it's going to impact the pregnancy/delivery. GRRRRRR

On a different not, Welcome to MtMcConnely hang in there and try not to stress too much about the weight gain. When I hit 40lbs my OB (a different one than I have now) said it would be perfectly OK if I decided to set my calories to "maintain" so that's what I did and it seems to have helped (untill these last 2 weeks when I haven't really logged ;) )

That's a perfectly normal weight gain, as I'm sure you know. You are entitled to refuse the ultrasound, or go with it if it will prove your point that the baby isn't 'too big'. I put on 42 pounds with my last pregnancy, and had a 7 lb 11 oz average sized baby. My sister put on close to 70 and had a 7 lb 13 oz baby. My friend put on 25 pounds, had an ultrasound that predicted a 6.5 lb baby and had one just shy of 10 lbs, which she birthed just fine. I know you are strong enough to stand your ground, but it's still really frustrating. Do what's right for you!
  • kellykneppergrundy
    Options
    And a link to an interesting artcilce from the ACOG about delivering babies early due to size.

http://www.acog.org/About_ACOG/News_Room/News_Releases/2013/Early_Deliveries_Without_Medical_Indications
  • laurab1217
    laurab1217 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry they are treating you that way b/c that really isn't that much....In my opinion how much you gain doesn't usually have anything to do with the baby's size...it can, but there are other factors, like genetics....my mother gained all different amounts with all four pregnancies, with her first, like 20, and with her last, like 70, and had 9 pound babies each time. My aunt just gave birth to an almost 8 pound baby and only gained 20....other women can gain 80 and still only have a 6-7 pound baby. And ultrasound measurements to predict weight can be off as much of a couple of pounds anyway! I've also heard doctors say that a large size doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be a difficult delivery...the shape of your pelvis, position of the baby, your fitness level, and many many other factors have to do with it.