how much weight have you gained

Options

Replies

• spunkychelsea
    spunkychelsea Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking that I'll be back at prepregnancy weight by next week. I've been super hungry lately and with the Superbowl party on Sunday that we'll be attending, I'm sure I'll indulge a bit. I have my 24w appt tonight (at 25w). Glucose test in 3 weeks. I had GD with my first and am fully expecting to have it again (my MW checked my A1C at my 8w appt and it was on the higher side of normal). I would rather just do the 3 hour and skip the 1 hour. I wonder if she'd let me do it. Not that I really want to do the 3 hour, but I failed the 1 hour by 3 points last time and while she thought I would end up passing the 3 hour no problem, I failed miserably. I'd rather just do that and know for sure. I'll have to ask her that tonight. Has anyone done that before?

I had GD with my first, but not my second. My 9 week was higher than normal, so I bet I'll fail it again in a few weeks. My office doesn't do the 1 hour test, they always jump to the 2 hour (not 3). I personally would just tell them you want the 3 hour. Hope you pass it just fine!
  • MSpradling18
    MSpradling18 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'7"
    starting: 140.8 lbs
    cumulative gain:
    10 weeks: - 3.4 bs
    15 weeks: - 4.0 lbs
    20 weeks: - 0 lbs
    21 weeks: +1.2 lbs
    22 weeks: +2.4 lbs
    23 weeks: +2.6 lbs
    24 weeks: +4.6 lbs
    25 weeks: +5.8 lbs
    26 weeks: +7.8 lbs
    27 weeks: +9.2 lbs
    28 weeks: +10.8 lbs
    29 weeks: +10.8 lbs
    30 weeks: +9.8 lbs
    31 weeks: +12 lbs
    33 weeks: +17.2 lbs
    34 weeks: +18.2 lbs
    35 weeks: +20.4 lbs
    36 weeks: +21.2 lbs
    37 weeks: +24.4 lbs (currently 165.2 pounds)

Three weeks left (hopefully). I had secretly hoped to end at 165 out of vanity but that's out the window now. I'm going back and forth between caring about my weight and trying to log and be responsible, and just saying F it and enjoying the last 3 weeks. I just really don't want to be above 170 since that was when I started looking/feeling fat with my first pregnancy. That would be 30 pounds so it's not a bad number to end at.
  • meghanvest
    Options
    Soooooo....apparentyl I gained 2.4 pounds since last week :( I'm 33 weeks today and I weigh 137.8. Starting weight 115 @ 5'4. How in the hell did I gain that much in one week? I haven't been doing anything differently and I though it started slowing down in third trimester. If I keep gaining 2 pounds a week I will gain like 50 pounds!
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Soooooo....apparentyl I gained 2.4 pounds since last week :( I'm 33 weeks today and I weigh 137.8. Starting weight 115 @ 5'4. How in the hell did I gain that much in one week? I haven't been doing anything differently and I though it started slowing down in third trimester. If I keep gaining 2 pounds a week I will gain like 50 pounds!

2 lbs in one week when your hormones are in full swing growing a human... seems totally normal! I know with my first I had a 7lb gain one week, to the concern of my providers, and then went in the next week and weighed exactly the same. I didn't restrict food intake and was probably eating way over what I was supposed to be. It was just my body doing its thing. We can only control so much.
  • momRN2B
    momRN2B Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    So for the final results. I logged my food and exercise most of my pregnancy and i did a circuit training workout 3-5 days a week. I started off at 125 lbs at 5 ft 2 in. pre-pregnancy. I gained 2 lbs the first trimester. 17 lbs the second trimester and 6 lbs the third trimester for a total of 25 lbs. Last weigh in before delivery i was about 150 lbs. Baby Daniel born on Jan 20, 2014 weighed 8 lb 2 oz. At my weigh in one week postpartum i weighed 139.2 so i am down 10.8 lbs. I am trying to stay within my calorie goals and exercise as much as i am allowed, mainly walking. I cant wait to get clearance to exercise so i can get toned and fit again. I have about 2 inches to lose off my waist and about an inch off my hips to lose as well. I know its just a matter of time. I will get there. Good Luck to you all!
  • lieselLalor
    lieselLalor Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm 20 weeks today and my weight is fluctuating so much that I'm not sure how much I've gained exactly but it's about 8-10lbs.
  • spunkychelsea
    Options

I gained 2 lbs a week every week almost from 16 weeks on. Ended up gaining 46 lbs. It sounds like it was an odd week for you though, so don't worry. Just keep doing what worked for you the rest of your pregnancy and know you're in the home stretch!
  • spunkychelsea
    Options
    So for the final results. I logged my food and exercise most of my pregnancy and i did a circuit training workout 3-5 days a week. I started off at 125 lbs at 5 ft 2 in. pre-pregnancy. I gained 2 lbs the first trimester. 17 lbs the second trimester and 6 lbs the third trimester for a total of 25 lbs. Last weigh in before delivery i was about 150 lbs. Baby Daniel born on Jan 20, 2014 weighed 8 lb 2 oz. At my weigh in one week postpartum i weighed 139.2 so i am down 10.8 lbs. I am trying to stay within my calorie goals and exercise as much as i am allowed, mainly walking. I cant wait to get clearance to exercise so i can get toned and fit again. I have about 2 inches to lose off my waist and about an inch off my hips to lose as well. I know its just a matter of time. I will get there. Good Luck to you all!

This is amazing! Congrats! 2 inches off your waist is nothing! I know I've already gained more than an inch in my hips and I'm only 24 weeks, I shudder to think how many inches I will have to lose when all is said and done (I had about 7 inches to lose after my daughter from my hips alone!). Best of Luck getting back down to weight, I know it'll happen!
  • kosman8807
    kosman8807 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I just found out and I am around 5 weeks pregnant.

My starting weight was 212lb. I was in the middle of trying to lose weight when I realized even after diet and working out the weight kept creeping on. With my first pregnancy I only gained about 13lbs and I was smaller after pregnancy then before I got pregnant. I am already very heavy and I would like to gain the minimum for my weight.

I am currently at 214lbs, so

week 5: 214lbs
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options

Even if you gained 2 lbs every week (which i'm sure you won't) you'd put on 14lbs. You've gained roughly 23 already, so that would put your total weight gain for the whole pregnancy at 37lbs. So, even if that worst case scenario happened, you've only gained 2-7lbs more than the recommended weight gain. Baby is growing so much, I really wouldn't worry about it.
  • JulieVermeulen
    JulieVermeulen Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    30 weeks today and thus far 16 lb weight gain
  • stringbeann
    Options
    Hi, i will be 15 weeks tomorrow (sunday) and so far I haven't gained any weight. I have remained 119 since before i got pregnant. I am 5'7" Wondering when I will gain and start to show?! =)
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    I'm 14 weeks today...I've gained a couple pounds during pregnancy but gained ~15 pounds in preparation for it (fertility treatments, combatting amenorrhea, etc). I'm a but worried about exceeding the weight gain guidelines but all we can do is our best right? I had no morning sickness so I lost 0 pounds during the first trimester unlike many ladies. I'm going to just keep an eye on my weigh ins at the doctor and hope for the best. I eat healthily so I should be fine...at least my little peanut will be getting the nutrition he/she needs.
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Prepregnancy weight: 163.8 (or 167, depending on where we are starting)
    Weeks 1-8: Continued to lose
    Weeks 8 - 19: 159.8
    20 weeks: 162.2
    22 weeks: 164.6
    23 weeks: 165
    25 weeks: 166
    28 weeks: 175
    30 weeks: 177
    32 weeks (Christmas OUCH): 181
    33 weeks: 181 (Phew!)
    34 weeks: 182.5
    35 weeks: 183
    36 weeks: 184.5
    37 weeks: 184.5

Goal: Just stay under 200!

No gain this week, no rhyme or reason according to my food log :)
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Last week (week 19): 159.8
    This week (week 20): 163.6

total weight gain is now 6.6 lbs at the halway point.

I know a lot of it was super bowl snacking and I hope that at least SOME of this is gone by next weeks weigh in.
  • KF1216
    KF1216 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight: 186lb (5' 9 1/2")
    Week 16: 200 :(
    That's 16lbs in 16 weeks ladies. Boo!!

ETA: Oops, I guess I'm really bad at math, 186-200=14lbs. Still 14lbs in 16 weeks...boo.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    23 weeks, and still down 18 from an initial loss of 25. I wasn't over weight when I got pregnant, I just get super sick. I'm not even showing yet!
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    Last week (week 19): 159.8
    This week (week 20): 163.6

total weight gain is now 6.6 lbs at the halway point.

I know a lot of it was super bowl snacking and I hope that at least SOME of this is gone by next weeks weigh in.

wow, did you lose a lot int he first trimester?
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    23 weeks, and still down 18 from an initial loss of 25. I wasn't over weight when I got pregnant, I just get super sick. I'm not even showing yet!

You lost 25 pounds while pregnant?
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Love4fitness- I'm not sure it was "a lot" but I lost almost 8 lbs with morning sickness. I wasn't even throwing up. I was just so nauseous and had so many food aversions, I could barely eat.