What "type" do you attract?

Options

Replies

• Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I usually attract clingers. They come over Friday and they won't leave until Monday morning. Sometimes it's nice, but I hate having to kick people out.

This has happened to me one time, so I left my own house for the day... the key is to take your dog with you!
    I've tried leaving for a while but they generally just wait around until I get back. I haven't tried bringing my dog yet, that's a good idea.

You guys are horrid!!! :laugh: Just say you have stuff to do and offer to drive her home?? Far more polite :bigsmile:

Exactly..

The routine for me was to go over ex's Friday night and stay till Sunday. If he thought I was being clingy, or needed his space, speak up!

Now if you're talking about a chick you just met.. yeah that's a little creepy. But if it's someone you're in a relationship, speak up. Don't be afraid of hurting her feelings.. and maybe you won't hurt her feelings. Maybe you're assuming you will. Maybe she thinks you want her there too. Communication is underrated. :tongue:
    This has happened to me at all stages of relationships, it's okay if you're serious or if someone came from out of town, but it's usually the most uncomfortable after it's only been a couple weeks or so and they think it's okay to camp out at my house for the weekend. If I want them to leave I ask them to leave or come up with a lame excuse, but I always feel bad. Sometimes I start cleaning and try to get things done but they never seem to take the hint.

If I stay at someone's house I offer to take them to breakfast and then I get out. I know I have things to do and I assume they do too. I may stay for a while if they specifically invite me.

One time I was getting ready to throw a barbecue at my house. I was working my *kitten* off for a couple days getting ready for it and the girl I was seeing at the time slept for literally the whole day. Like magic, the minute I got done she woke up. Now, I didn't need help, nor did I ask for it, but I mean try to make yourself useful or get the f**k out of my house.
  • NCTravellingGirl
    NCTravellingGirl Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    This has happened to me at all stages of relationships, it's okay if you're serious or if someone came from out of town, but it's usually the most uncomfortable after it's only been a couple weeks or so and they think it's okay to camp out at my house for the weekend. If I want them to leave I ask them to leave or come up with a lame excuse, but I always feel bad. Sometimes I start cleaning and try to get things done but they never seem to take the hint.

If I stay at someone's house I offer to take them to breakfast and then I get out. I know I have things to do and I assume they do too. I may stay for a while if they specifically invite me.

One time I was getting ready to throw a barbecue at my house. I was working my *kitten* off for a couple days getting ready for it and the girl I was seeing at the time slept for literally the whole day. Like magic, the minute I got done she woke up. Now, I didn't need help, nor did I ask for it, but I mean try to make yourself useful or get the f**k out of my house.

It sounds like you're OK with it when someone is from out of town or things are serious, which makes sense, but not when it's fairly early on??

Not meaning to sound all weird on you, but maybe having a girl sleep over after two weeks is causing that?! Most women can't separate sex from a relationship and that would cause the clingers you mentioned earlier.... JUST Sayin'!! That's not all on you, mind you, but you can prevent clingers somewhat (other than the crazy ones...)...
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    I usually attract clingers. They come over Friday and they won't leave until Monday morning. Sometimes it's nice, but I hate having to kick people out.

This has happened to me one time, so I left my own house for the day... the key is to take your dog with you!
    I've tried leaving for a while but they generally just wait around until I get back. I haven't tried bringing my dog yet, that's a good idea.

You guys are horrid!!! :laugh: Just say you have stuff to do and offer to drive her home?? Far more polite :bigsmile:

Exactly..

The routine for me was to go over ex's Friday night and stay till Sunday. If he thought I was being clingy, or needed his space, speak up!

Now if you're talking about a chick you just met.. yeah that's a little creepy. But if it's someone you're in a relationship, speak up. Don't be afraid of hurting her feelings.. and maybe you won't hurt her feelings. Maybe you're assuming you will. Maybe she thinks you want her there too. Communication is underrated. :tongue:

isnt this why most guys hook up at a girl's place instead of his? :laugh:
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options

This made me laugh out loud. haha

"like magic".. haha
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options

Just kick 'em the hell out! I generally try to tell people up front that I really appreciate my alone time. Or just go to her house and leave when you want...

I hate staying over.
    Get the hell out before it's time to sleep! (I'm only half joking)
  • Roadie2000
    Options

It sounds like you're OK with it when someone is from out of town or things are serious, which makes sense, but not when it's fairly early on??

Not meaning to sound all weird on you, but maybe having a girl sleep over after two weeks is causing that?! Most women can't separate sex from a relationship and that would cause the clingers you mentioned earlier.... JUST Sayin'!! That's not all on you, mind you, but you can prevent clingers somewhat (other than the crazy ones...)...
    I don't know, maybe I just like my personal space more than the average person. I've been single for way too long.
  • Roadie2000
    Options

Just kick 'em the hell out! I generally try to tell people up front that I really appreciate my alone time. Or just go to her house and leave when you want...

I hate staying over.
    :love: :love:
    Finally somebody gets it!
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what type I attract. If anyone here is attracted to me, what type are you?
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    I have no idea what type I attract. If anyone here is attracted to me, what type are you?

smooth operator!!
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    Okay yesterday I was a smart *kitten*...

Today I'll say, I attract:

All kinds!

I seem to attract black guys a lot. They like my bod.
    I'm starting to attract older men as well... as in 50's. Hope it's not because I look old!
    I'm still waiting on a 22 year old to hit on me. That has yet to happen.
    I attract white guys with latina preferences.
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Hmm. Thinking about it, only girls my age or older.

I think I scare the younger girls... Or maybe it's because I only hang out with people who are older than I am.
  • The_Iron
    The_Iron Posts: 288
    Options
    This thread is full of funny.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't know? Some guys are attracted to how laid back I can be, some guys like that I find joy and am enthusiastic about what a lot of people consider insignificant, some guys like that I can string a sentence together... so it really depends on what aspect of me they meet and like.
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options

I hate staying over.

So throwing her *kitten* out into the yard isn't too harsh??

I'd rather sleep in my own bed any day of the week, and alone... I bought a fancy couch for guests!!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options

I hate staying over.

I'd rather sleep in my own bed any day of the week, and alone... I bought a fancy couch for guests!!
    only if she's helping pay for rent. otherwise i'd be like "what the hell am i, a bed and breakfast?"
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options

I hate staying over.

If she doesn't get the hint, then she is probably dumb, and probably should have her stuff thrown out into the yard. ;D
    I can't stand sleeping next to someone. It's the worst when they try to spoon you and wanna fall asleep like that. You move... Then they move closer. Take a fricking hint.

Just stretch, yawn and say "Wellllll, I should be getting to bed...." And start walking to the front door. Works most of the time.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm.... I attracted a variety of men

Lets see I attracked alot of younger men lately ( had a 19 yr old hit on me lol ) according to them I look much younger than I am and I seem like fun...
    I seem to be on a run of attracting military guys in the last couple of weeks...
    I also seem to attract the brash and cocky type .....
  • NCTravellingGirl
    NCTravellingGirl Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    You know, it sounds like people just need to stop inviting others to your own place to stay over. Isn't that what her place is for if that's what you're looking for... Or maybe a public parking lot where she has to get back in her own car after and leave?:wink:
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options

I hate staying over.

If she doesn't get the hint, then she is probably dumb, and probably should have her stuff thrown out into the yard. ;D
    I can't stand sleeping next to someone. It's the worst when they try to spoon you and wanna fall asleep like that. You move... Then they move closer. Take a fricking hint.

Just stretch, yawn and say "Wellllll, I should be getting to bed...." And start walking to the front door. Works most of the time.

Maybe a stretch a :yawn: and a "Get the F out, your *kitten* is in the yard!"
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    You know, it sounds like people just need to stop inviting others to your own place to stay over. Isn't that what her place is for if that's what you're looking for... Or maybe a public parking lot where she has to get back in her own car after and leave?:wink:

:laugh: :laugh: