Fitness Challenge Sunday 6/30/12 - Sunday 7/7/12

Options

Replies

• GrammaBonnie
    GrammaBonnie Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Where is everyone? Hope you all had a good 4th. Our fireworks were cancelled because of the weather. We are having a HUGE thunderstorm as I write this (on my unplugged laptop!) Hoping tomorrow is better!

Wednesday, July 4: 31 minutes of stationary biking = 150 calories

Weekly total: 192 minutes = 717 calories

I know my weekly numbers as of now are what some of you do in a day, but it's what I'm supposed to do, due to my injury.

Today was a struggle because of the weather. (It was 81 degrees, and 81% humidity!) I would have skipped it entirely, but because of this challenge I did drag myself onto the bike. I promised myself I would do 10 minutes, but was able to keep going for a full half hour!!!

I didn't do my PT homework today. But I did do a lot of walking around and standing around at HomeDepot today. I did several of my PT Homework stretches right there in the aisles, while waiting for my dear husband to make up his mind on what he needed. :)

"Life by the yard is hard. Life by the inch is a cinch."
  • ashleymarie530
    ashleymarie530 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Well 726 burned today !!! Went on a 4 mile walk with my parents and then hit the water and went kayaking with my cousin !!

My first time ever kayaking and it was a blast !!
  • JasmineElaineT
    JasmineElaineT Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Was sick yesterday, but burned 354 calories Doing yard work, walking, shopping, and mowing the lawn.
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    Yesterday ( wed) I was able to burn 524 calories! Good thing since we had such a big dinner.

20 minutes of running mostly 6.5 = 167 calories
    20 minutes on Elliptical = 157 calories
    40 minutes of CLX Lean circuit 2 = 174 calories.

Not sure what I will do today, but it will be at least 300 calories!
  • katieolawrence
    katieolawrence Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    7/01 - Rest day
    7/02 - 329 Calories, Playing softball
    7/03 - 834 Calories, Got a short but fierce workout in then went an played softball.
    7/04 - 659 Calories, Housework, Washed my car and mowed the lawn.

Extremely tired from yesterday. Trying so hard to get the motivation to workout tonight.

Zzzzzzzz :huh:
  • DeniseNichole76
    DeniseNichole76 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Thank you!

and you girls far surpassed what I thought you would do! I can't wait to do another fun & different challenge next week.

I'm working on Push Circuit 2 w/Chalean Extreme for today.
  • GrammaBonnie
    Options
    I see some very dedicated ladies here. Keep up the good work!

Thursday, July 5: 47 minutes of physical therapy = 142 calories
    .............................. 25 minutes of helping my daughter get ready to move = 90 calories
    ............................. 31 minutes walking briskly with my granddaughter, so my daughter could pack = 120 calories
    Daily total: 103 minutes; 352!!! :)

Weekly total: 295 minutes = 1069 calories

Making progress!

"Life by the yard is hard. Life by the inch is a cinch."
  • shaycat
    Options
    Thank goodness for Zumba or I would not have made it to 300 today.
    I kept starting different dvd's and not finishing. I am so tired today.

40 minutes of CLX, elliptical, and ab ripper x = only 140 calories
    Zumba flat abs 20 minutes = 163

I hope I feel better tomorrow.
  • ashleymarie530
    Options
    So I am considering today to be my rest day ! I did absolutely nothing today :( I ate like crazy, not really any healthy foods. I didn't exercise at all today. It was just that kind of day.

But I stay positive and keep telling myself that tomorrow is another day to start fresh !! I feel like I do need some motivation becUE my scale is telling me nothing at all :( What can I do different ?
  • JasmineElaineT
    Options
    yesterday only burned around 100 calories... been sick this week so it's been harder, but im gonna try and get 300 in for the rest of the week
  • shaycat
    Options
    I burned 307 calories today.
    12 minutes on the tread mill for 100 calories
    40 minutes of CLX Lean circuit 3 for 150 calories.
    Then I did zumba till my HRM said 300, after that I was done!

I am super sore and had a really good workout week thanks to this challenge. I have stayed in my calorie goal all week and feel great.

Thank you.
  • JasmineElaineT
    Options
    I burned 453 calories today lifting weights and grocery shopping.
  • GrammaBonnie
    Options
    I am so impressed with how you guys are doing. Keep the momentum going ... you know if you are doing great ... and you know if you are capable of doing better. We're nearing the end of the week. Who has an extra push left in them??? I hope you all do!

I spent the day cleaning for my husband's birthday party tomorrow. I put the heart rate monitor on when I got near the end ... the part when I was going to be going up and down a lot of stairs, and doing some of the more physical work. After nearly an hour, I looked at the wrist computer, only to find out that I had forgotten to turn it on. Big bummer!!!

House is almost ready. Let the fun begin! I'm really hoping that the weather holds. Right now it is supposed to be about 90 degrees, with continued high humidity ... and maybe some thunder storms. Grandkids are 3, 4, 5 and 6. They are looking forward to the (wading) pool ... lets hope we don't get rained in!

My knee is aching a bit -- so I might have done too much ... or the weather might be changing. Ugh!
  • ashleymarie530
    Options
    Well I have 2 rest days :( Yesterday after work I drive 2 hours to pick up my daughter Ns then we went to dinner. By the time we were done, I was ready to pass out !!

Tomorrow I will hit the gym for a early morning session !
  • shaycat
    Options
    I am so impressed with how you guys are doing. Keep the momentum going ... you know if you are doing great ... and you know if you are capable of doing better. We're nearing the end of the week. Who has an extra push left in them??? I hope you all do!

I spent the day cleaning for my husband's birthday party tomorrow. I put the heart rate monitor on when I got near the end ... the part when I was going to be going up and down a lot of stairs, and doing some of the more physical work. After nearly an hour, I looked at the wrist computer, only to find out that I had forgotten to turn it on. Big bummer!!!

House is almost ready. Let the fun begin! I'm really hoping that the weather holds. Right now it is supposed to be about 90 degrees, with continued high humidity ... and maybe some thunder storms. Grandkids are 3, 4, 5 and 6. They are looking forward to the (wading) pool ... lets hope we don't get rained in!

My knee is aching a bit -- so I might have done too much ... or the weather might be changing. Ugh!

I almost felt like not pushing myself to 300 today. But you have inspired me to go for it!
  • shaycat
    Options
    Ok I burned 300 calories today doing CLX fat burn challenge for 35 minutes. 250 calories.
    Burned 50 more calories dancing around my living room like an idiot until my HRM said 300.
    That is it for me. Sunday is my rest day. I burned 2058 calories this week. I am super happy with that and really enjoyed this challenge.
  • ashleymarie530
    Options
    Ok I feel like I'm back on track !! 1105 calories burned today and the day is not close to over !!

I got so motivated when I weighed myself this morning !! I have come to know that sometimes bad days will come but you just pick yourself right up and keep going !! I'm so glad I am doing this challange because I feel like its something I have to do when after I do it I feel so good !! At the end of the day I can check it off my list :)
  • JasmineElaineT
    Options
    600 calories burned today walking and playing at the ocean
  • GrammaBonnie
    Options

I almost felt like not pushing myself to 300 today. But you have inspired me to go for it!

Thank you, Shaycat. Sometimes one wonders if anyone is listening. Glad to know I made a difference!

Lots of activity today: Cleaning (light, but at fast pace). About five trips racing up stairs with groceries. Playing with grandkids ... many stairs. Didn't wear the HRM today, but I'm gonna throw in a few calories, just to have something here!

Trying to keep myself honest, I gave myself credit for 227. Had I worn the HRM, I suspect it would have added up to more ... maybe even the 300 calories.

Tomorrow is hubby's last day of vacation. I'll try to get back on a better track next week ... even though he is supportive, (and doing the journey with me), it's an interruption in my daily schedule.

I'd love to do this challenge again ... in a few weeks!
  • DeniseNichole76
    DeniseNichole76 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    OUR current challenge is now over =( How do you ladies feel after reaching a daily goal? Do you feel like if you didn't have a goal you may have slipped?

IM SO PROUD OF EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU LADIES! I thought asking you to do 300 was going to be alot but you've FAR SURPASSED THAT # BIG TIME!!!!!!!!

^5's all around.