Please introduce yourselves to the group here

Options

Replies

• morkia
    morkia Posts: 3
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm Michelle from Italy. I'm 38 yrs old and I'm a stay at home mom of 2 kids of 9 and 4. I gained weight thanks to my thyroid (and pizza... and pasta...). At the moment I can't move due to knee injury but I really hope to keep my calorie income low. I can't stand all the weight on my 'good' leg and I have to do something about it. Forgive me if my english is horrible! :laugh:
  • samanthafinnie
    samanthafinnie Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone my name is Samantha. I am 22 years old and i work full time and i also have a part time job so i keep very busy! I was 165 and I have almost hit the -5lb mark. I need some motivation to help keep me on track because i find that once i get my weight down a little bit i go back to my old ways. I am hoping to go to 130lbs. I am trying to get out of my old ways that is eating a muffin for breakfast, take out for lunch, and fast food or processed food for supper. I am a runner and i participate at my local running club and i also go running or walking on my lunches.
    If anyone needs a motivation buddy feel free to add me as a friend or send me a message!!! We could all use support!
  • jnord8729
    jnord8729 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name is Jake and I've been yo-yoing for the past about 2 years now. I'm at 215 and want to be down to 185. I seem to be able to get down to just under 200 and fall off the wagon. I want to be successful for once and stay there and I'm thinking I need some outside help since none of those I know in the real world seem to be all that motivating. Maybe I can get some here!
  • annsteinfeldt
    annsteinfeldt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Ann. I am 48 and have been heavier for most of my life. I have always been very active, so while being heavy, I was still fit. However, the past 3 years have been tough. My husband was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. The year after his diagnosis was horrible, but he is stable now. I also have an aging mother and teach elementary school full time. I know I am a giver...always doing for others before myself. However, I know I have to change this. I have watched my weight go up to 262 lbs this past year, my asthma is acting up more, and now I am pre-diabetic. It is time I take care of myself or I won't be any good for those who need me! I am definitely an emotional eater and am trying to change this. I am down 13 lbs and I AM going to make it to goal :heart:
  • kaichef
    kaichef Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi, my name is Linda. I have struggled with maintaining a healthy lifestyle for years. And although my motivation is now due to health issues, diabetes and heart disease instead of vanity, I still am struggling to find the motivation to eatright and exercise. I havelost 50 ppoundsin the 6 months prior to finding this sight, I have not lost a pound in nearly three weeks. So I look forward to hearing from others and finding strength in your stories.
  • kaichef
    kaichef Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi, my name is Linda. I have struggled with maintaining a healthy lifestyle for years. And although my motivation is now due to health issues, diabetes and heart disease instead of vanity, I still am struggling to find the motivation to eatright and exercise. I havelost 50 ppoundsin the 6 months prior to finding this sight, I have not lost a pound in nearly three weeks. So I look forward to hearing from others and finding strength in your stories.
  • bballliz101
    bballliz101 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am 22 years old. I am 5' 11" and weigh 280 lbs. I started on my journey around the end of March to lose over 100 lbs. I have always known that I needed to lose weight but have become more self-conscious of it over the last year or so. I also realized that it will help me with my job and overall life if I am more comfortable with my body.I have lose 19 of those lbs and I am working to lose the rest of the weight. I am still trying to figure things out so tips or any information would be awesome. I would also love support because I won't be able to do this by myself. Feel free to add me. :)
  • rcksiren21
    rcksiren21 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Rcksiren21 or you can just call me Heather and i joined MFP after a recommendation from my coworker as a way to help keep me accountable. I have hit my highest weight and with old injuries acting up I was having trouble just standing up after an hour or 2 sitting at work. Currently I just want to get under 200 so a little over 60 lbs. Just looking for a bit of support since I don't really have any friends or family who are in the same boat.

:smile:
  • crazyrain26
    crazyrain26 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm from the UK and having started on my weight loss journey when I reached 269lbs. I have lost 44lbs so far and I have set an interim goal of losing another 33lbs (I work in stones and pounds which is why I've set the random number).
    I am hoping to get as much off in the next 8 weeks as possible before my holibobs and as well as my eating plan I aim to step up my exercise,

Thanks, L xx
  • jade_amber
    Options
    Hey all! I am brand new to this group, but not so new to MFP. My life has been a rollercoaster of ups and downs, as has my weight. I am tired of sounding like a broken record and am ready for REAL change in my life. I am hoping to find a buddy to be accountable to, who will reach out when I need them and kick me in the pants to keep going. I had one on MFP once, but lost my account and thus all contact. I am an almost 30 year old mother of 3, with my sweet husband and five animals. I have more than 80 lbs to lose before I get to my "ideal weight". Honestly, I just want to feel better and look better for my husband. I look forward to the challenges ahead!
  • shymom05
    shymom05 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My name is christina i am 31 and have 2 little ones. my rock bottom came after i gave birth to my youngest son and weighed in at 285 pounds. since then i have struggled to lose weight. when i first started mfp i lost 50lbs but for the last year i have had a hard time keeping it off. i want to lose another 100lbs and have started walking every day and counting my calories again. i love food so it is really hard to make good choices. i don't believe that i over eat but i definitely have a hard time making the right choices in food.
  • Bolahsigns
    Bolahsigns Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My name is Deb and I have returned to MFP to have help and be of help on this journey. I have lost weight before but have put it all back on. Right now I am seriously depressed. I have eaten already tonight but I find myself wanting to eat more and more. I don't what to do. I seem to eat just to be eating. Not sure what is wrong with me. 2 months ago I weighed 155, now I weigh 169...I was so close to getting to my goal weight and can't seem to get back "on the wagon". YIKES :frown: :sad:
  • hm195
    hm195 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Heather. I am 37. I am married and have two children 13 and 9 who both have ADHD and anxiety and my youngest is autistic. I work full time and go to school part time so I am crazy busy. I've been overweight my whole life but in the last 10 years i've gotten morbidly obese (I hate that word but it does describe it) my health has gone down hill as I am diabetic type 2 for the last 3 years, hight blood pressure last 4 years, sleep apnea not to mention the depression and anxiety that I've always had that is worse dealing with this weight. I currently Weight 340lb and have lost about 4 pounds in the last week. I just started getting back on track in the last two weeks. My highest weight was 360 a couple years ago. I have a habit of loosing about 20-30lbs then gaining it back. In the last 6 months I have lost and gained the same 10 pounds it feels like but I am motivated to change that. My first mini goal is to get down to 320. I've been bouncing inbetween 330-345 for quite a while so I feel like i would be finally getting some where if I got over than hump. That is 20lbs and while i'd love to loose it by spring break in two months, I'd be happy to loose it by my 4th wedding anniversary which is in 3 months. I think that is a more reasonable goal. I'm just taking it one day at a time. Logging my food, trying to stay at or under my calories and trying to get some kind of exercise in for 15 minutes every day to start. Glad to be here look forward to learning more about everyone.
  • estitom
    estitom Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Sarah. I'm 21 years old. I'm aiming for a weight loss of 15 pounds - I'm already in the healthy weight range. Also using MFP to keep myself accountable because I tend to either eat too much or too little.
  • Candy2034
    Candy2034 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Candice and I am 53 years old. I live in Nevada with my youngest son. My husband died to suicide almost six years ago and I am just now starting to set goals for myself to be healthier for my kids. It's hard because I am alone a lot and that makes eating tempting but I am working on it and I am excited to finally get to my goal weight. Would love to have weight loss buddies so we can help each other achieve our goals :smile:
  • ejosborne14
    ejosborne14 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I am Emma, 34 years old, i suffer from pcos and chronic fatigue, i put on a lot of weight in the last few years, and have decided it is time to change that, i am sick of being this big (285lbs) and want everyone's help and support to get back to 154lbs. I know it won't be easy, i'll have bad days and good, but with everyone helping each other i am sure we can do this!
  • tuzaque
    tuzaque Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is tuzaque from Nigeria west Africa just came back to MFP today after a long break made up my mind again to do something about my weight . Being in and out , losing and gaining weight. Am looking for anything that will keep me motivated am 135.7kg appx 299.1lbs hoping to get the motivation hear
  • Mixedcoffees
    Mixedcoffees Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hello I am Josh, am new here.
  • suemyers56
    suemyers56 Posts: 6 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone.
    Hi,My name is Sue, I will be 62 in November. I have be on MFP for only 7 days. This is my first weight loss Journey. In my first week I've lost 2 lbs. On top of losing weight I want to be healthy and eat healthier and have a healthy lifestyle even after I lose the weight that I'm going for. I would sure appreciate recipes.
  • aurelio_0302
    aurelio_0302 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is aurelio
    226 lbs
    male
    5'7"