CUT Progress After RESET-Tell us your ups/downs!

Options

Replies

• GoGoGadgetMum
    GoGoGadgetMum Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, I'm joining in too. A little but about me I'm 5ft2 146 lb 21%bf. Ive always been confused about my exercise but now I think it is crystal clear. I've eaten 2100 for 100 days and have not lost and scale weight but have lost 1% bf(8mm) and 8 cm. so according to scooby this is eating at tdee(moderate) Gain muscle lose fat which has been correct. So as of tomorrow I'm cutting 10% which will give me 1940 and also only weigh weekly. I'll find the scales harder than cut as I've weighed daily for 3 years nearly.

I look forward to hearing everyone's victories.:flowerforyou:
  • terrigrace
    terrigrace Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Definitely ups and downs for me this week. I'm down a pound overall and almost got my size 10 jeans zipped. I haven't been out of a size 12 since I got pregnant with my daughter. On the down side, my husband and I are having a very stressful year - few years, truth be known. My mother in law lives with us and is not very motivated to find her own place, my stepson is 17 and constantly in trouble for something or other, my father in law (separated from mom in law for many years now) lives in the other half of our duplex and has end stage pancreatic/liver cancer with less than 6 months to live, and we have a 2 1/2 year old daughter. Plus his business is not doing well. He admitted to me in the last two weeks that he feels like I don't pay attention to him, he's not attracted to me, and is complementing divorce. We are in counseling right now and I'm hopeful, but very, very scared. At one point he mentioned a slinky lingerie outfit that he likes the look of. But, he said, the model was much more tan and toned than me. And then left it alone. I think I'm going to buy my first full length mirror and buy the outfit. Even if things don't work out between us, I WILL wear that outfit one day. And I WILL be smoking hot in it! Thanks in advance for listening to my rant. You guys are rockin it!
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Terrigrace, bless your HEART. I stalk this thread, because I'm so proud of ya'll for sticking this out, and your post made me feel like 12 bricks were laid on my shoulders. What a terrible amount of stuff you are going through right now. Is your husband prone to making statements like this? It seemed very hurtful. I would totally get that outfit and save for either him if he bucks up, or someone who appreciates you for YOU. You will be in my thoughts and I hope things start turning around SOON for you. ((HUGS))

Also wanted to tell everyone what (I think what I thought was my cut was actually my TDEE...so I sorta ended up doing a reset) is that you may not see that weight come off. And by weight I mean the number on the scale. I have only lost 3 of the 11 pounds I gained...but my measurements are back where I started. I don't know what that means exactly....but if I just went by the scale I'd be devastated!
  • jomatho
    jomatho Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Three days under my belt and the cut is getting easier every day. Part of it is that TOM is out the door and the other part is that I am increasing my cardio, that always helps with my appetite. I am still eating around 2000 calories and am satisfied. I just have to tweak what I am eating now. Always tweaking things.
    It felt great to run yesterday, I hadn't run all during my cut and I felt absolutely amazing. My legs felt stronger than ever both during running and HIIT. Must be because of the weight lifting and resting them for that long.
    hope all is well with my fellow cutters!
  • jomatho
    Options
    Definitely ups and downs for me this week. I'm down a pound overall and almost got my size 10 jeans zipped. I haven't been out of a size 12 since I got pregnant with my daughter. On the down side, my husband and I are having a very stressful year - few years, truth be known. My mother in law lives with us and is not very motivated to find her own place, my stepson is 17 and constantly in trouble for something or other, my father in law (separated from mom in law for many years now) lives in the other half of our duplex and has end stage pancreatic/liver cancer with less than 6 months to live, and we have a 2 1/2 year old daughter. Plus his business is not doing well. He admitted to me in the last two weeks that he feels like I don't pay attention to him, he's not attracted to me, and is complementing divorce. We are in counseling right now and I'm hopeful, but very, very scared. At one point he mentioned a slinky lingerie outfit that he likes the look of. But, he said, the model was much more tan and toned than me. And then left it alone. I think I'm going to buy my first full length mirror and buy the outfit. Even if things don't work out between us, I WILL wear that outfit one day. And I WILL be smoking hot in it! Thanks in advance for listening to my rant. You guys are rockin it!

I am so sorry to hear all that you are going through. Sending you hugs and hoping there is some good that comes out of this, whatever that may be. That model probably starved herself for months to look that way and was airbrushed to look perfectly tan and smooth, just sayin. Hang in there and rant all you want/need too!!!
  • jomatho
    Options
    Are you still measuring/taking result pics? The reset has really freed me from the scale. My goal is now to lose as little scale weight as possible but lose as many inches as I can!. The more scale weigth, the more I can eat :love:

I know theres still that part of me that will like to see the scale go down, but I know the more I'll have to cut food out, the more I will be pissed over that more than anything else!:flowerforyou:

I was just reading back through some posts and I had to quote this from TripleJ3. Love it, and so true, the more you weigh, the more you get to eat. It's the inches lost that count the most.
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Are you still measuring/taking result pics? The reset has really freed me from the scale. My goal is now to lose as little scale weight as possible but lose as many inches as I can!. The more scale weigth, the more I can eat :love:

I know theres still that part of me that will like to see the scale go down, but I know the more I'll have to cut food out, the more I will be pissed over that more than anything else!:flowerforyou:

I was just reading back through some posts and I had to quote this from TripleJ3. Love it, and so true, the more you weigh, the more you get to eat. It's the inches lost that count the most.

HAHAH I never thought of it like that before! That's awesome, now I am definitely going to focus more on the inches.
  • junebug523
    junebug523 Posts: 196
    Options
    Morning of Day 5 of my 10% cut: I weighed in today; I think Thursdays are going to be my weigh-in days, because frankly, my sodium always goes through the roof on the weekends, no matter how hard I try. By Thursday I have usually gotten back into my normal eating routine, so things are a little bit more even. Weight today is 155.8, which means a loss of 1.8 lbs in four days. Not too shabby! All water weight, but that's what I expected. It shows that even a small cut is resulting in some changes, which is fine by me!
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Plugging along nicely.. Yesterday I dont know whether I just didnt eat enough in the morning, of ir I got hit with the dreaded "hungries" but I was starving most of the day.. I managed to stay within my cut, so that was a success at least:)
    TOM is due any time so Im sure the scale wont be nice for the rest of this week. I leave Monday for a girls vacation away, so Im looking forward to enjoying myself. Ill be logging in but likely wont be tracking anything, or very little. Ill just see how things go:)
  • MrsKosal
    MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling a little "Fat" and discouraged today! I am up 10 lbs since starting, this is my 4th day at 10% cut. How do you know if you should do 15%? Am I being irrational in thinking I should have lost something by now? I am obsessing over losing. I just feel gross right now.
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options

Wowwww, so sorry to hear all ya got goin on. Chin up!!! One day at a time. Small steps. You can do it!! Smile n hugs for you :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Week #3 cut update:

SIGH!
    Week 1 - lost 3 lb.
    Week 2 - zippo
    Week 3 - gained 1 lb

Okay, whining alert!

Before joining em2wl in May, I could diet and eat 1500 calories and lose weight (slowly, but still lose). Now, I'm at 1511 for my 10% cut and it's not working. I know, I know...patience. The truth is that I'm really just dieting again as I have in the past. I'm tired of working hard and logging every morsel I eat to be exactly where I've been for 3 years!!! I'm working way too hard at this to be the same!!

Done complaining (but still feeling really annoyed by it all!)
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    CUT week two (still at 2650 cals)

No change in the scale, but....

I've lost an inch off each of:

Underbust
    Natural Waist
    Pants waist
    Bicep
    Thighs

I'll take it!

Awesome progress!
  • jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling a little "Fat" and discouraged today! I am up 10 lbs since starting, this is my 4th day at 10% cut. How do you know if you should do 15%? Am I being irrational in thinking I should have lost something by now? I am obsessing over losing. I just feel gross right now.

I don't think it's irrational, it's just that we have to guard against that feeling of needing to see immediate successes. (I'll post in a bit here about what I'm dealing with, but I wanted to respond to you first. :smile: ) After patiently (or not so patiently) getting through a reset, we want to see results NOW! We waited long enough darn-it! And when we don't see results consistently or have a 'fat' day, its hard to deal with because "Now we're at cut...scale and/or inches should go down, not plateau or go up!", right? :wink: Oh, if it was just that easy....

As for the 10% vs 15%, either is fine! Some people start at 10% because they want to be able to drop cals again as they progress, some because they can't stand the thought of cutting out that many cals from their diet, some are just more capable than others at doing it slower. It's simply deciding what YOU want to do.
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    Options
    Week #3 cut update:

SIGH!
    Week 1 - lost 3 lb.
    Week 2 - zippo
    Week 3 - gained 1 lb

Okay, whining alert!

Before joining em2wl in May, I could diet and eat 1500 calories and lose weight (slowly, but still lose). Now, I'm at 1511 for my 10% cut and it's not working. I know, I know...patience. The truth is that I'm really just dieting again as I have in the past. I'm tired of working hard and logging every morsel I eat to be exactly where I've been for 3 years!!! I'm working way too hard at this to be the same!!

Done complaining (but still feeling really annoyed by it all!)

We're all entitled to have our whine now and then. ;) So, are you measuring? Taking pics? What is going on with your measurements? How are your clothes fitting?
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    Options

((HUGS)) Marital stress is no joke. It really really takes a toll. And everything else going on sounds like a lot on your shoulders right now. I hope you are able to work your issues out in counseling. And comparing you to a pic that is likely airbrushed as someone else pointed out - not cool. That alone should be discussed in counseling.

Hang in there and feel free to rant when you need it. We're here for that!
  • jyska
    Options
    Checking in at Day 5 of reset. Adjustment has been....well...good/not so good.

First off, I am having NO trouble at all dropping the cals. Not because I'm not hungry, but because that old familiar feeling of hunger triggered that oh so familiar feeling of 'I must be losing weight now if I'm hungry!" thought process. This is having a negative reaction with me because the more I feel that, the more I want to NOT eat my calories! And of course, I KNOW this is a bad thought process, but it's years of training that I guess I'm still trying to rewire. I am also a VERY disciplined person...this is what got me into the whole seriously VLCD'ing process in the first place. I just hope I can rewire that discipline to make myself eat and not over exercise! I thought I had it cased during the reset, but since my goals were different then, my mindset was different. Now that I'm trying to LOSE again, my mindset has reverted. So far I'm getting the calories in...but barely.

I also find myself needing to see results (and since inches are impossible to see daily or difficult even weekly, I of course turn to the scale which is STUPID) :angry: For those that don't know, I'm weighing daily to track this whole process so that if others ask me, I can tell them fully what I experienced in all regards...however, it's mentally taxing not to see the scale drop even if it's just an ounce. I know, I know...muscle, inches, patience.... Just venting mostly...hehe

I guess the good thing though is I'm going on holidays in 2 days and I won't have a scale to check in on. In a sense, this will be freeing and freaking me out at the same time since I'll also have a completely messed up exercise and food schedule because we are camping. I really hope I don't come back from holidays to a nasty surprise. That would not be good....

Anyways, that's my story so far. I am currently down about 0.4lbs in 5 days. I dropped a bit, then went up a little and I've just sat at the same number now for 3 days. Maybe tomorrow I'll see another drop....maybe...
  • MrsKosal
    MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Checking in at Day 5 of reset. Adjustment has been....well...good/not so good.

First off, I am having NO trouble at all dropping the cals. Not because I'm not hungry, but because that old familiar feeling of hunger triggered that oh so familiar feeling of 'I must be losing weight now if I'm hungry!" thought process. This is having a negative reaction with me because the more I feel that, the more I want to NOT eat my calories! And of course, I KNOW this is a bad thought process, but it's years of training that I guess I'm still trying to rewire. I am also a VERY disciplined person...this is what got me into the whole seriously VLCD'ing process in the first place. I just hope I can rewire that discipline to make myself eat and not over exercise! I thought I had it cased during the reset, but since my goals were different then, my mindset was different. Now that I'm trying to LOSE again, my mindset has reverted. So far I'm getting the calories in...but barely.

I also find myself needing to see results (and since inches are impossible to see daily or difficult even weekly, I of course turn to the scale which is STUPID) :angry: For those that don't know, I'm weighing daily to track this whole process so that if others ask me, I can tell them fully what I experienced in all regards...however, it's mentally taxing not to see the scale drop even if it's just an ounce. I know, I know...muscle, inches, patience.... Just venting mostly...hehe

I guess the good thing though is I'm going on holidays in 2 days and I won't have a scale to check in on. In a sense, this will be freeing and freaking me out at the same time since I'll also have a completely messed up exercise and food schedule because we are camping. I really hope I don't come back from holidays to a nasty surprise. That would not be good....

Anyways, that's my story so far. I am currently down about 0.4lbs in 5 days. I dropped a bit, then went up a little and I've just sat at the same number now for 3 days. Maybe tomorrow I'll see another drop....maybe...

It's nice to see others are feeling the same as I am! I need to just trust that I am doing the right thing and be patient. Thanks for responding to my post too.
  • MichelleRenee13
    MichelleRenee13 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the update Nicole.

It is a daily struggle. I know it is for me. I didn't do a reset, but I was never VCLD. I keep upping my calories when upping my exercise. I doubt every move I make and I don't think I let my body have time to adjust. I am 1.5 weeks into upped calories and starting new exercise routine. I gained 2lbs and clothes aren't feeling any different. I know 1.5 weeks is not long enough to gauge, but I automatically want to cut calories and reduce exercise, out of frustration. I just doubt my #'s so much that I figure, why bother seeing what happens in a month.

I am not going to give into that way of thinking. I will see what happens after 4 full weeks of new exercise program and 1900 calories. I may be completely wrong with my #'s, but the only way to find out is to give it enough time.

I will drop calories by 100 if there are no positive changes at the 4 week mark.

We all can do this! It is just a matter of finding that "sweet" spot!

Michelle
  • jyska
    Options
    Thank you for the update Nicole.

It is a daily struggle. I know it is for me. I didn't do a reset, but I was never VCLD. I keep upping my calories when upping my exercise. I doubt every move I make and I don't think I let my body have time to adjust. I am 1.5 weeks into upped calories and starting new exercise routine. I gained 2lbs and clothes aren't feeling any different. I know 1.5 weeks is not long enough to gauge, but I automatically want to cut calories and reduce exercise, out of frustration. I just doubt my #'s so much that I figure, why bother seeing what happens in a month.

I am not going to give into that way of thinking. I will see what happens after 4 full weeks of new exercise program and 1900 calories. I may be completely wrong with my #'s, but the only way to find out is to give it enough time.

I will drop calories by 100 if there are no positive changes at the 4 week mark.

We all can do this! It is just a matter of finding that "sweet" spot!

Michelle

I understand that constantly questioning every move you make. I just had an argument with my husband over some exercise dvd's because when he asked me if they were what I needed and not just some 'more' dvd's to add to the pile, it made me frustrated and angry because all I could think was, "I DON'T KNOW!...I don't know what will work for sure for me. I don't know my perfect numbers or that certain exercise routine that will be the right balance for me....I just DON'T KNOW anything for sure." All I can do is do my research, base my decisions on what I learn and believe to be sound advice and then watch, tweak and be diligent.

Until we start seeing steady results in the direction we want, we just don't know....we question, we second guess, we fret and worry that we have it all wrong....and we don't always give things enough time to show us if they are working or not, we just assume they aren't and try something else.

No quick fixes here, so the patience game is excruciating....but once you find that sweet spot in your numbers and exercise and you start to see those inches/pounds trend down over time, I believe the doubts, the frustration and the worry will become much less pronounced and may even disappear completely.