CUT Progress After RESET-Tell us your ups/downs!

Options

Replies

• autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I :heart: hearing all of your success with this process!! It is so encouraging and motivating for ALL of us here!!

I am still having my issues with not losing yet, which I partly blame on TOM for OVER a month now...:explode:
    Thankfully I am going to my OBGYN on Tuesday and get this figured out somehow...I know I have lost but as we all know when you are bloated neither the scale nor the measuring is a really good thing right now....I cannot wait to share my progress with you all when I can - Which I KNOW will be very soon!!! I have faith in this process & I know that I am NOT a 'special snowflake' as some say...lol

Keep all of the stories coming - the ups and the downs - so that we can learn through you and share in it ALL with you as well!!!
    This group and this thread have really lifted my spirits during this past month and I THANK YOU ALL for that!!! :heart:

Also, a big CONGRATS to ALL of you who are having such great success with this and to all of you who are having a slow start like I am, just keep on keeping on b/c we are ALL in this together and we have the BEST support group EVER!!! :flowerforyou:

Autumn
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Heya all.. Im heading off here this week for a girls trip to Orlando for a tour of Harry Potter world and Disney. Canot wait to get on that plane in the morning!!
    I am planning on logging in, but dont know how much Ill actually track while down there. I am going to enjoy myself and just go with the flow and not worry about anything. Im brining my pedometer with me, so I can see just how much walking we do each day..

I wish you all a great week! See you next week!
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Heya all.. Im heading off here this week for a girls trip to Orlando for a tour of Harry Potter world and Disney. Canot wait to get on that plane in the morning!!
    I am planning on logging in, but dont know how much Ill actually track while down there. I am going to enjoy myself and just go with the flow and not worry about anything. Im brining my pedometer with me, so I can see just how much walking we do each day..

That sounds so amazing and fun! I'm sure you'll have a great time!

I've had several lax days in a row of not logging. I never finished my log Friday and Saturday was my race and then we were out of town overnight so I didn't log Saturday. I didn't worry about food though and ate whatever I wanted considering I had an insanely huge burn due to my race. Today I got back on track with logging. I did step on the scale out of curiosity today (right before bed - stupid - duh), but it showed a 6 pound gain from Friday. I KNOW that has to be sodium bloat from eating out and such, but it still irritated me. Stupid scale - I'm working so hard to not care. I know I'll get there - I really will. Until then I will just have to repeat the mantra over and over - the scale is a liar!
  • immywolf
    immywolf Posts: 18
    Options

That sounds so amazing and fun! I'm sure you'll have a great time!

I've had several lax days in a row of not logging. I never finished my log Friday and Saturday was my race and then we were out of town overnight so I didn't log Saturday. I didn't worry about food though and ate whatever I wanted considering I had an insanely huge burn due to my race. Today I got back on track with logging. I did step on the scale out of curiosity today (right before bed - stupid - duh), but it showed a 6 pound gain from Friday. I KNOW that has to be sodium bloat from eating out and such, but it still irritated me. Stupid scale - I'm working so hard to not care. I know I'll get there - I really will. Until then I will just have to repeat the mantra over and over - the scale is a liar!

Don't pay any attention to what the scale says at night. EVER. I weigh 3-6lbs more before bed than I do when I first wake up, EVERY SINGLE DAY. It's just water weight and the weight of food in your stomach. Nothing to be concerned about :)
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    So as of today it had been a full week (and a day) of being on a 10% cut and I actually have some pretty great results!

I have lost 1.3. pounds, either one inch or 3/4 of an inch from my waist (so hard to get a consistent measurement on my waist. I measure at the belly button since thats where I need the most work) and a half inch from my hips! My thighs are the same and my right arm is up 1/2 an inch but I am cool about all that.

I am just so happy to see some positive changes, I was so scared I would see nothing or see a gain! Now hopefully I will see similar results after week 2, or at least something anyway. I don't expect to always see results like this and I know there will more likely be weeks where I see nothing or even a step back, but I am definitely going to let myself enjoy this loss!

Hope you all have a great day!
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options

Sounds like a blast, have fun!
  • carriea67
    carriea67 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hi All -

Happy Monday! So I am an official graduate of my 8 week metabolism reset. I weighed myself on Friday and I gained about 3.6 pounds and some inches were up & some were down. But my BF% is down like 2% down...which I am not sure I believe so I am going to remeasure tonight. So here goes with my 10% cut and to shake up the workout schedule - I will do P90X for the next 4 weeks. Then back to TDEE for a week and then back to 10% again.

Quick question about exercise calories - since I am increasing my cardio I just need to watch and make sure that I don't burn greater than the delta between my cut calories & my BMR - do I have that down?

I am so excited about the results that I have read on this thread and tickled pink that I can go from being a thread stalker to a 10%er :bigsmile: !

Carrie

@seobstar & skbarton - how is it going? I am looking forward to this process.

@macnurseapril - that is AWESOME!!!!! Hey if you won't take it - then I will ;).

@Terrigrace - ((HUGS)). Good for you for sticking through this despite all that the distractions that you have at this moment. I have no doubt that you will be smoking HOT in that outfit.

@graysmom2005 - I know what you mean about the scale - I have finally gotten to the point where it is just one data point in this process. And LOL about accidentally doing a reset because I know you were avoiding that but hey it's over now :).

@jomatho & TripleJ3 - I love this quote as well - I was just telling a friend of mine that my goal is to get to my goal size and be able to eat as many calories as I can to maintain that.

@autumnk921 - oy! TOM for a whole month does not sound like fun at ALL! I hope that gets straightened out for you.

@Raynn1 - ENJOY! You will have to share your thoughts on Harry Potter world - I haven't been there but I want to go one day!

@SweatpantsReb - Repeat after me -- stupid scale - such a liar :). How did the race go?

@TripleJ3 - awesome results! I know what you mean about the measurements - there have been times where I think I am just going to put a mark with a Sharpie so I hit the same spot :).
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    Options
    TripleJ - Hurray for great results. That's awesome progress!

Carrie - Welcome to the cut side! You are right - just make sure your burn doesn't take you under BMR and you are good. If you find you are going BMR constantly then bump up the activity level.

I'm actually thinking that I might have to bump up from moderate to strenuous until my half in September. I found myself becoming more and more fatigued through the month of July. Some of it was definitely stress related, but I wonder if I need more fuel also. I think I will watch closely this week and see where I'm ending up on run days.

Carrie - I posted a link to my race recap, but I think it's already on the second page. Things go so fast here! Here's a link to my race recap for anyone that wants to read it!

http://forums.eatmore2weighless.com/showthread.php?tid=164
  • carriea67
    carriea67 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    @SweatpantsReb/Crystal -

Thanks so much for posting the link to your race...it was so motivating & inspiring....I teared up when you teared up!!!!! I am so very proud of you...

And the fact that you are on the path to being your version of being an athlete SPOKE to me....I totally get that. Team sports are not my thing...I am not coordinated at all but when I accomplish my own goal of lifting heavier or (this morning) completing the Chest & Shoulders P90X video...I feel great.

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • seobstar
    seobstar Posts: 169
    Options
    hey everyone!! =) Well, I finally made it here! Day 1 of my cut! YAY!!!! Can't believe I completed 8 full wks of reset. During my reset I bought a BMF and wore it for a little bit (it drove me NUTS, irritated my arm, etc) but anyway, I found that I "think" I was over-estimating my TDEE just a bit. I was going off of a TDEE of 2500 per scooby but I think that's a bit high. I really only reached 2500 on super crazy busy days! Anyway, I'm so excited to be in the cut phase and wee where this takes me! I gained about 6 pounds but man on man it feels like SO much more than that! I feel huge!! Anyway, will check in on Friday when I weigh myself! Hope everyone is doing well!
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Cut day 1 complete! I'm just so glad to be on this side of things! :)
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    Options
    Welcome to cut seobstar and mrscheesefries!

Lucia - that's awesome about the press ups! It's so fun to reach those physical goals!

I can't believe I'm already in week 2 of cut. So far nothing super exciting to report. My weight rebounded after the inital drop. I expected that. I've found that my pattern when losing is drop, back up, a little bit of back and forth inbetween my new low and a higher number, then a new drop and the process repeats. So if I'm consistent I will likely see a new drop end of this week or sometime next week.
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Welcome to cut seobstar and mrscheesefries!

Lucia - that's awesome about the press ups! It's so fun to reach those physical goals!

I can't believe I'm already in week 2 of cut. So far nothing super exciting to report. My weight rebounded after the inital drop. I expected that. I've found that my pattern when losing is drop, back up, a little bit of back and forth inbetween my new low and a higher number, then a new drop and the process repeats. So if I'm consistent I will likely see a new drop end of this week or sometime next week.

My weight does the same thing and always has, even before EM2WL. Yesterday I was at my post pregnancy low of 191.6 and today I was 192.5. But next week it will likely be down to 191 or 190.something.
  • deevatude
    deevatude Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    So I actually started the cut TDEE - 15% for real this time and i happy to say that its working. When i joined this group i quickly upped my caloric intake to 2150, but in actuality i was doing the reset unintentionally. When i upped my calories i wouldnt log things correctly and i would also estimate the amount of calories i was eating. So the whole time i thought i was doing the cut i have actually been eating 2500 + calories for over 2 and a half months. i gained 4 pounds and stayed like that. it didnt bother me because it was expected.

3 weeks ago i did the cut officially. I logged every single thing i ate and stayed within my caloric goal of 2150. I have been losing about 1.5 pounds a week. And im happy to say i finally broke my plateau and reached my goal for july. my goal for august is only 4 pounds away and i cant wait to see whats in store for this month.
  • skbarton
    skbarton Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    3 weeks ago i did the cut officially. I logged every single thing i ate and stayed within my caloric goal of 2150. I have been losing about 1.5 pounds a week. And im happy to say i finally broke my plateau and reached my goal for july. my goal for august is only 4 pounds away and i cant wait to see whats in store for this month.

Love seeing posts like this! Let us know how August goes!

Susan
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Quick update...from my newsfeed:

Ok, it may appear that I am dropping mad weight quick...so here goes...I ended reset 4wks ago today. Start of reset I was at 154lbs and end of 9wk reset I stabilized finally and ended at 158lbs. Well the first week of cut I ended at 163lbs??? LIKE WHAT? HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN right? The next 2wks I just went ahead and changed my check-in to reflect the 163lbs because the scale wasn't moving eating at cut. So I went away with the kids last weekend and this MONDAY morning I WEIGH IN AT 168lbs...ok, so no whinning for me (except maybe one person I whinned to a little bit...lol). I felt just fat and pudgy and squishy...well between my weigh in Monday and this morning I am down to 160.4 and amazingly I can see the difference. Water weight can be deceptive and cause frustration, but you have to learn that it is just a part of life, part of the process...you lift heavy, you hold water..you eat too much salt...you hold water, new to lifting...muscles store more glycogen so you have energy for your lifts....so many factors. You have to relax in the process, can't say that enough...I have to remind myself of that at times...lol. So, now I think most of the water is gone, so looking for fat loss now...well then again TOM next week so water water water....
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Wow, everyone's doing great, love seeing successes!
    The past 2 weeks for me were dedicated to semester finals.
    I'm doing my best to stay off the scale until September 4th (to coincide with the end of stage one NROLFW). It's really a weird feeling not to measure in some way (I've been doing the once a week thing for a looong time), hope curiosity doesn't get the best of me!
    Hey, does anyone else get extremely hungry the day after lifting? Been eating almost all 30% (within 50 cals) of protein and fats but still crazy hungry! I'll recheck TDEE next week since I just started lifting, but my BM core says most days I'm right on target.
  • seobstar
    seobstar Posts: 169
    Options
    couple of random ramblings......

so I have 3 full days of cut under my belt...on day 4 and I ALREADY feel amazing! I have no idea how much I weigh and frankly I don't want to know. If I weigh myself and don't see a loss I know my mind will say "frickin a...I KNEW this wasn't going to work"...haha! Anyway, I FEEL like my old body (prior to reset) is coming back to me! My flat stomach is returning (yes, after only 3 days...for real...I'm serious...I can't believe it!) and I feel like this might really happen.

Funny.....on monday and tuesday I thought I was going to die of hunger....ridiculous that I used to "survive" just fine on 1500cals per day and now I'm dropping from 2500 to 2150 and I think I'm might shrivel up and die. Yesterday I did not feel like that and today is going well so far! I'm feeling very satisfied on my cut # and feeling like the reset was well worth it! =)
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    couple of random ramblings......

so I have 3 full days of cut under my belt...on day 4 and I ALREADY feel amazing! I have no idea how much I weigh and frankly I don't want to know. If I weigh myself and don't see a loss I know my mind will say "frickin a...I KNEW this wasn't going to work"...haha! Anyway, I FEEL like my old body (prior to reset) is coming back to me! My flat stomach is returning (yes, after only 3 days...for real...I'm serious...I can't believe it!) and I feel like this might really happen.

Funny.....on monday and tuesday I thought I was going to die of hunger....ridiculous that I used to "survive" just fine on 1500cals per day and now I'm dropping from 2500 to 2150 and I think I'm might shrivel up and die. Yesterday I did not feel like that and today is going well so far! I'm feeling very satisfied on my cut # and feeling like the reset was well worth it! =)

ROFL...too funny! "Shrivel up and die"....I tell you it never ceases to amaze how I lasted on 1200 EVER...or ever 1800 for that matter.....just love it!

WTG!
  • GoGoGadgetMum
    GoGoGadgetMum Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Woop woop for me, I'm so happy.  Today is the end of my first week @ cut after my accidental 100 day reset.  It coincides with day 1tom but I wanted to look as I had stayed off for 7 days which is unheard of...drum roll.....down 600 grams.  I haven't seen this number for probably 20 years. Oh and finally broke through my 19mnth plateau/maintain  Happy em2wl days to all!