CUT Progress After RESET-Tell us your ups/downs!

Options

Replies

• tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Week #3 cut update:

SIGH!
    Week 1 - lost 3 lb.
    Week 2 - zippo
    Week 3 - gained 1 lb

Okay, whining alert!

Before joining em2wl in May, I could diet and eat 1500 calories and lose weight (slowly, but still lose). Now, I'm at 1511 for my 10% cut and it's not working. I know, I know...patience. The truth is that I'm really just dieting again as I have in the past. I'm tired of working hard and logging every morsel I eat to be exactly where I've been for 3 years!!! I'm working way too hard at this to be the same!!

Done complaining (but still feeling really annoyed by it all!)

We're all entitled to have our whine now and then. ;) So, are you measuring? Taking pics? What is going on with your measurements? How are your clothes fitting?

I'll take my measurements tomorrow. I wanted to wait three weeks to allow for a real drop in them (hopefully, anyway). Clothes are fitting the same as they did before em2wl. So, a little better than during the bloat of reset. Pictures are scheduled for this weekend.
  • ashfuse
    ashfuse Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad, I've been at cut for like 2 weeks now and I haven't dropped any weight. My jeans are still tight. I'm still frustrated. I guess we just keep pushing forward and trying our best. At the very least, we are no longer starving and we are healthier. <3
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the update Nicole.

It is a daily struggle. I know it is for me. I didn't do a reset, but I was never VCLD. I keep upping my calories when upping my exercise. I doubt every move I make and I don't think I let my body have time to adjust. I am 1.5 weeks into upped calories and starting new exercise routine. I gained 2lbs and clothes aren't feeling any different. I know 1.5 weeks is not long enough to gauge, but I automatically want to cut calories and reduce exercise, out of frustration. I just doubt my #'s so much that I figure, why bother seeing what happens in a month.

I am not going to give into that way of thinking. I will see what happens after 4 full weeks of new exercise program and 1900 calories. I may be completely wrong with my #'s, but the only way to find out is to give it enough time.

I will drop calories by 100 if there are no positive changes at the 4 week mark.

We all can do this! It is just a matter of finding that "sweet" spot!

Michelle

I understand that constantly questioning every move you make. I just had an argument with my husband over some exercise dvd's because when he asked me if they were what I needed and not just some 'more' dvd's to add to the pile, it made me frustrated and angry because all I could think was, "I DON'T KNOW!...I don't know what will work for sure for me. I don't know my perfect numbers or that certain exercise routine that will be the right balance for me....I just DON'T KNOW anything for sure." All I can do is do my research, base my decisions on what I learn and believe to be sound advice and then watch, tweak and be diligent.

Until we start seeing steady results in the direction we want, we just don't know....we question, we second guess, we fret and worry that we have it all wrong....and we don't always give things enough time to show us if they are working or not, we just assume they aren't and try something else.

No quick fixes here, so the patience game is excruciating....but once you find that sweet spot in your numbers and exercise and you start to see those inches/pounds trend down over time, I believe the doubts, the frustration and the worry will become much less pronounced and may even disappear completely.
    Nicole, I completely understand where you are coming from....
    I have been on cut now for a week and nothing has changed. I am getting frustrated at times too, when I look in the mirror, and my clothes are tight. But we just have to trust the process. It will happen eventually.
    I have changed my goals, and don't make them dependent on the scale any more. I do weigh myself, but I don't let the numbers get to me.
    I have decided that I don't want to care any more about the numbers on the darn scale.
    Kiki's story has made me rethink the whole game and at the end it is better to weigh more but to look like you weigh less.

Just stay strong, believe in the process and don't let old habits kick in.
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I guess we just keep pushing forward and trying our best. At the very least, we are no longer starving and we are healthier. <3
    Amen sister!
  • kels136
    kels136 Posts: 55
    Options
    I love this thread, knowing we can support each other on our journeys is great!

I just want to say that we all need to have faith in this process for it to work, please don’t doubt it! Kiki and Lucia are living proof that it works.

I think the greatest risk in life is NOT taking one!

Just trust in the process and believe in yourself…you can do this! We all can do this, never doubt that. Patience and Consistency are KEY.
  • jomatho
    jomatho Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the update Nicole.

It is a daily struggle. I know it is for me. I didn't do a reset, but I was never VCLD. I keep upping my calories when upping my exercise. I doubt every move I make and I don't think I let my body have time to adjust. I am 1.5 weeks into upped calories and starting new exercise routine. I gained 2lbs and clothes aren't feeling any different. I know 1.5 weeks is not long enough to gauge, but I automatically want to cut calories and reduce exercise, out of frustration. I just doubt my #'s so much that I figure, why bother seeing what happens in a month.

I am not going to give into that way of thinking. I will see what happens after 4 full weeks of new exercise program and 1900 calories. I may be completely wrong with my #'s, but the only way to find out is to give it enough time.

I will drop calories by 100 if there are no positive changes at the 4 week mark.

We all can do this! It is just a matter of finding that "sweet" spot!

Michelle

I understand that constantly questioning every move you make. I just had an argument with my husband over some exercise dvd's because when he asked me if they were what I needed and not just some 'more' dvd's to add to the pile, it made me frustrated and angry because all I could think was, "I DON'T KNOW!...I don't know what will work for sure for me. I don't know my perfect numbers or that certain exercise routine that will be the right balance for me....I just DON'T KNOW anything for sure." All I can do is do my research, base my decisions on what I learn and believe to be sound advice and then watch, tweak and be diligent.

Until we start seeing steady results in the direction we want, we just don't know....we question, we second guess, we fret and worry that we have it all wrong....and we don't always give things enough time to show us if they are working or not, we just assume they aren't and try something else.

No quick fixes here, so the patience game is excruciating....but once you find that sweet spot in your numbers and exercise and you start to see those inches/pounds trend down over time, I believe the doubts, the frustration and the worry will become much less pronounced and may even disappear completely.
    Nicole, I completely understand where you are coming from....
    I have been on cut now for a week and nothing has changed. I am getting frustrated at times too, when I look in the mirror, and my clothes are tight. But we just have to trust the process. It will happen eventually.
    I have changed my goals, and don't make them dependent on the scale any more. I do weigh myself, but I don't let the numbers get to me.
    I have decided that I don't want to care any more about the numbers on the darn scale.
    Kiki's story has made me rethink the whole game and at the end it is better to weigh more but to look like you weigh less.

Just stay strong, believe in the process and don't let old habits kick in.

Love this:
    "Kiki's story has made me rethink the whole game and at the end it is better to weigh more but to look like you weigh less."

Amazing how my whole attitude has changed through this process, I think that has been the best part. It is like an 8 week program for weight loss addicts, lol.

Oops, sorry for the long quote. . .
  • jomatho
    Options
    For those of you measuring, all I have are my measurements from before my reset. Should I retake them now? I know they are up a little and don't want to get discouraged. When are you guys measuring in this process?

Also, what are you finding easiest to log calories now with a cut. Do you just have your base burn without exercise and then add that in and leave so many calories on the table? Or do it like mfp does it? Or just guess at your cut level and eat that every day no matter what? I am doing the latter, but curious what everyone else finds easy.
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Down a little over 2 pounds for my weigh-in today. That felt nice even though I know it's likely water weight! I'm really hoping to see the inches go down when I measure next.

Tomorrow I have my next race - a 7 miler with two big hills. I've been lax on training all month. I've really struggled with my mojo - so I'm a bit nervous. But I know the excitement of the event and all the people there will help!
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Down a little over 2 pounds for my weigh-in today. That felt nice even though I know it's likely water weight! I'm really hoping to see the inches go down when I measure next.

Tomorrow I have my next race - a 7 miler with two big hills. I've been lax on training all month. I've really struggled with my mojo - so I'm a bit nervous. But I know the excitement of the event and all the people there will help!

Your loss is GREAT news Crystal and Good Luck in the race tomorrow~ don't forget we're all rootin' for ya too!!:drinker: :drinker:

@JOMATHO~ I LOVE your comment on how the Reset is like a "mini-rehab" for weight loss addicts!! So, so true!! Also, thanks for the reminder to measure at certain points~ I did it when I started EM2WL and I'll do it again at the end of Reset~ just for 'stat' purposes (and try NOT to obsess about them)!!

Coming to the end of Week 5 of Reset and can't WAIT to join you all here!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    For those of you measuring, all I have are my measurements from before my reset. Should I retake them now? I know they are up a little and don't want to get discouraged. When are you guys measuring in this process?

Also, what are you finding easiest to log calories now with a cut. Do you just have your base burn without exercise and then add that in and leave so many calories on the table? Or do it like mfp does it? Or just guess at your cut level and eat that every day no matter what? I am doing the latter, but curious what everyone else finds easy.

On my first morning of cut after reset I took measurements and a WI. I really didn't want to, but I know after a week or so when I did weigh/measure I would regret it.

For my weight I have convinced myself the more the better. The more I weigh, the more I eat! The more I lose, the more I have to cut out food from my day, not something I want to do at all. Measuring is harder but after a week of cut you may be itching to measure and see progress but you won't know whether you made any if you don't measure now.

I had a really *fat* day yesterday and a pair of shorts were even tighter than usual. For whatever reason I felt the need to measure my waist today (thats my main focus) Sunday would normally be my day to weigh/measure, although I am thinking of changing that to Monday.... I seem to be down a whole inch in my waist. Still up from before I started the reset but had I not measured last Sunday, I would never had known I have already lost a whole inch (well roughly, since I am never sure how accurate I am being everytime) in under one week.

I have a race tomorrow and probably not the best day for food choices (most of the free food after the race is junk food plus the party goes on all day and night) so I may wait until Monday to do an official weigh/measure to see if this is accurate.

So long story short, just do it!
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options

I'll take even *just some water weight*! It still helps you feel like something is happening! I think there are 3 hills! I can never decide which I hate more, the first one that feels never ending, or the super steep ones. But its so true that the crowd and everything really pump you up!

I haven't been training either but today I actually feel a little excited! My oldest will run the Jr. Bix today so that will be fun.

Good luck tomorrow!

And if that house at the turn around has the huge home-made slip n slide this year I am for sure going down it! I didn't feel well last year so I didn't go down it but completely regretted it because it looked like so much fun!
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Crystal, congrats on the loss!! Feels good to see, doesnt it? Good luck on your race tomorrow. Just remember, there is no shame in having to stop and walk segments. Go for the fun and thrill of it. Have a great run!!

AFM - I decided to weigh in again today since TOM is due any moment and the scale will likely jump back up a bit.. And I am pleased to share I am down a total of 4 pounds since Monday. Thats pretty much everything I gained from when I began my reset 8 weeks ago. :drinker: :blushing:

Im heading on vacation on Monday, and Im hoping to weigh in before I leave, but with TOM I dont know if I really care:).. I am planning on enjoying myself on vacation and cant wait to see how things progress over the next few weeks.
  • jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Crystal and Raynn - Awesome news on the losses!

I'll be off and on today for a little bit, but I will be away for 2 weeks as of tomorrow so I wanted to pop in, read through the threads quick and just let you all know I'll be thinking of ya and will check back in when I'm home again. :happy:

Keep on being diligent and I look forward to reading through your posts when I return!!
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your losses ladies!
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Crystal, congrats on the loss!! Feels good to see, doesnt it? Good luck on your race tomorrow. Just remember, there is no shame in having to stop and walk segments. Go for the fun and thrill of it. Have a great run!!

AFM - I decided to weigh in again today since TOM is due any moment and the scale will likely jump back up a bit.. And I am pleased to share I am down a total of 4 pounds since Monday. Thats pretty much everything I gained from when I began my reset 8 weeks ago. :drinker: :blushing:

Im heading on vacation on Monday, and Im hoping to weigh in before I leave, but with TOM I dont know if I really care:).. I am planning on enjoying myself on vacation and cant wait to see how things progress over the next few weeks.

Rayann so happy you stuck through it...can't wait to see some new pics.
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    Definitely ups and downs for me this week. I'm down a pound overall and almost got my size 10 jeans zipped. I haven't been out of a size 12 since I got pregnant with my daughter. On the down side, my husband and I are having a very stressful year - few years, truth be known. My mother in law lives with us and is not very motivated to find her own place, my stepson is 17 and constantly in trouble for something or other, my father in law (separated from mom in law for many years now) lives in the other half of our duplex and has end stage pancreatic/liver cancer with less than 6 months to live, and we have a 2 1/2 year old daughter. Plus his business is not doing well. He admitted to me in the last two weeks that he feels like I don't pay attention to him, he's not attracted to me, and is complementing divorce. We are in counseling right now and I'm hopeful, but very, very scared. At one point he mentioned a slinky lingerie outfit that he likes the look of. But, he said, the model was much more tan and toned than me. And then left it alone. I think I'm going to buy my first full length mirror and buy the outfit. Even if things don't work out between us, I WILL wear that outfit one day. And I WILL be smoking hot in it! Thanks in advance for listening to my rant. You guys are rockin it!

Terrigrace, I am so very sorry to hear and I will be praying for your and your entire family.
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    Ok update, I've been running so much it is unreal...but I ended my reset three weeks ago and was around158-160lbs...well three weeks later I am 162.8lbs...but visible bf is lower and my pants are fitting a tadbit loser. I will say the first two weeks of cut I wasn't as consistent with logging, but I have shifted from the low rep high wgts to more endurance lifting since I'm in cut. I am seeing more definition...I need to stop long enough to take pics. I think I'm holding a little water but really believe I added some good lean muscle. My thighs are finally losing some of the cottage cheese and I am seeing shadows of lines in my thighs. So I'm not upset at my weight because my relationship with the scale has changed. I almost smile when I see that number because I look the size I did at 154lbs before reset but with less fat. So why should I complain?

If I can carry more lean mass and be able to eat more because I have to support it...shoot I am not going to complain:tongue:
  • jomatho
    Options
    Crystal and Raynn, awesome reports ladies!!! Lucia, thanks for the update and info on how you change your workouts to fit where you are at with your fueling. I learn so much from you and everyone else. And heck yeah, it is better to weigh more and measure less than the other way around. More food, mmmmmm.
    My goal for this weekend is to stick to my cut amount (meaning no wine or extra treats, lol), and to workout both days since I tend to get a little lazier on the weekends.
    I made popcorn popped in coconut oil last night and it was amazing! I had a hard time choosing calories for it though. It's all I can think about this morning and will definitely have to work some into my plan for today too. Too bad popcorn doesn't have protein, I'd eat it after my workout.
    For those of you not on vacation or away this weekend, what are your "on plan" plans?
  • kels136
    kels136 Posts: 55
    Options

Awesome!! That's SO GOOD to hear! I'm in week 7 of my reset, going to start cut July 30th (after 8 full wks of reset) and it's SO nice to hear that people are having success....I can't wait and hope and pray that I can report the same thing in a few weeks!! =)
    [/quote]

Hi,

I am too starting my CUT on 30 July after being on RESET for full 8 weeks. I was only going to do 6 weeks but my body is really hungry so and I don't feel too flabby yet so thought I would carry on with the 8 weeks as originally planned.

I am going to weigh myself on Saturday so I know exactly how much I have gained on the RESET (141 lbs before RESET) and I will also take measurements and pictures in a bikini to keep track of my progress. I will adjust my cals to TDEE -10% on Monday 30 July (reflecting my weight AFTER RESET) and stick to that for 4 weeks then do a TDEE week then CUT to TDEE -15% for 4 weeks then TDEE week then CUT to TDEE -20% and stay there until I reach my goal (doing a TDEE week every 4 weeks). I am going to weigh, measure and take pictures every Saturday.

I feel really positive about this process after reading all your stories and after having an ED for 3 years I know this is the right way to lose weight. Strong is the new Skinny and I want to be Healthy and Happy :-)

Kels x
    [/quote]

Hey guys me again. I have weighed in today, gained 3.8 lbs during my 8 week RESET which is amazing, I feel like I've gained a stone!!! not gone up too much in inches either, its mainly around my stomach to be honest.

Start my CUT tomorrow doing TDEE -10% to start with and see how that goes. I definitely have faith in this progress. My NSV today is I can do 7 full manly press-ups!!! I couldn't even do 1 before I started this journey, my goal now is to do 20 in one go!

ps. every morning when I wake up to do my workout I say to myself "You Never Regret A Workout"....that has become my mantra. Even when I feel rubish and really don't want to workout I remember JM and Dig Deep...its all worth it in the end :)
  • ANewLucia
    Options

Awesome!! That's SO GOOD to hear! I'm in week 7 of my reset, going to start cut July 30th (after 8 full wks of reset) and it's SO nice to hear that people are having success....I can't wait and hope and pray that I can report the same thing in a few weeks!! =)

Hi,

I am too starting my CUT on 30 July after being on RESET for full 8 weeks. I was only going to do 6 weeks but my body is really hungry so and I don't feel too flabby yet so thought I would carry on with the 8 weeks as originally planned.

I am going to weigh myself on Saturday so I know exactly how much I have gained on the RESET (141 lbs before RESET) and I will also take measurements and pictures in a bikini to keep track of my progress. I will adjust my cals to TDEE -10% on Monday 30 July (reflecting my weight AFTER RESET) and stick to that for 4 weeks then do a TDEE week then CUT to TDEE -15% for 4 weeks then TDEE week then CUT to TDEE -20% and stay there until I reach my goal (doing a TDEE week every 4 weeks). I am going to weigh, measure and take pictures every Saturday.

I feel really positive about this process after reading all your stories and after having an ED for 3 years I know this is the right way to lose weight. Strong is the new Skinny and I want to be Healthy and Happy :-)

Kels x
    [/quote]

Hey guys me again. I have weighed in today, gained 3.8 lbs during my 8 week RESET which is amazing, I feel like I've gained a stone!!! not gone up too much in inches either, its mainly around my stomach to be honest.

Start my CUT tomorrow doing TDEE -10% to start with and see how that goes. I definitely have faith in this progress. My NSV today is I can do 7 full manly press-ups!!! I couldn't even do 1 before I started this journey, my goal now is to do 20 in one go!

ps. every morning when I wake up to do my workout I say to myself "You Never Regret A Workout"....that has become my mantra. Even when I feel rubish and really don't want to workout I remember JM and Dig Deep...its all worth it in the end :)
    [/quote]

LOVE IT!