Challenge starting July 16th. Who is with me???

Options
sonyab76
sonyab76 Posts: 17 Member
Hello!! Looking for a great group to do the Insanity challenge together. I will be getting the DVDs this week and plan to start it on Monday the 16th.
I KNOW I will need people to help motivate me to get through the 60 days (and hopefully beyond) and I would love to help with the encouragement too.
Add me as a friend and let's do this together. Daily/weekly posts would be great!

Replies

• SocWkrBee
    SocWkrBee Posts: 374
    Options
    I'm with you. I started this Monday, but I decided to walk and run four miles the same day. I am still sore three days later. So I am going to try again next week. FR on the way!
  • tonybalony01
    tonybalony01 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Let's do this!! Meant to start this week, but I was still recovering from my vacation. FR on the way. :glasses:
  • fitmum2be
    fitmum2be Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm keen! I'm actually planning on starting on Monday too! I have my protein power and everything ready to go can't wait will be round two for me but moved to a new city so took a few weeks off to settle my family in so time to get back into it... oddly enough I miss it :)
  • LoriWil5
    LoriWil5 Posts: 5
    Options
    I started last monday but I had to do three double shifts at work that week. So I am so with you on Monday. I need all the motivation I can get.
  • aricandy
    aricandy Posts: 2
    Options
    I want to join.....I am starting tomorrow as well:wink:
  • aricandy
    aricandy Posts: 2
    Options
    Did you got the DVDs, is this going to be your first time doing insanity?
  • sonyab76
    Options
    I sure did get the DVDs. So excited for tomorrows start. I just finished setting up my workout area in the basement. Going to do my fit test in the morning.
    Yes this is my first time doing Insanity
  • hellosara08
    hellosara08 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    MEMEMEMEME! LOL. I started last week but that was a fail because it was my birthday week. So I restart today, the 16th. Yay. ><
  • fitmum2be
    fitmum2be Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    FIT Test done! What about you guys???? :) We can sooo do this!
  • sonyab76
    Options
    My fit test done too! Wow. I feel great mow but during I thought I was going to either faint or throw up. Lol. I am looking forward to the days to come.
  • SocWkrBee
    Options
    doing the fit test tonight. oh, first time i did it, i definitely felt "tested"!
  • tonybalony01
    tonybalony01 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Okey dokey. Fit test results:
    Switch kicks: 60 or 120 - I'm always confused on how to count these. Is it every kick is one or is it "left, righ = 1; left, right = 2, etc."?
    Power jacks: 50
    Power knees: 110
    Power jumps: 50
    Globe jumps: 10 - I hate these things :sad:
    Suicide jumps: 15
    Pushup jacks: 25
    Oblique planks: 22 or 44 - another one I'm confused on. Is it one for each leg up to the side, or "left, right = 1; left, right = 2, etc."?
    Anywho, ok results overall. Can't wait to see my improvement in a couple weeks. :tongue:
  • aloha311
    aloha311 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Started this today! OMG the fit test was insane!!!!! I can't wait to see the results!
  • JustAGirlyGeek
    JustAGirlyGeek Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
  • starbucksbuzz
    starbucksbuzz Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Already a couple days in, but have had a hard time getting going with the routine / fitting it into my schedule. :) Did the fit test last week, will post my results when I get home where i wrote them down.
  • SocWkrBee
    Options
    Okey dokey. Fit test results:
    Switch kicks: 60 or 120 - I'm always confused on how to count these. Is it every kick is one or is it "left, righ = 1; left, right = 2, etc."?
    Power jacks: 50
    Power knees: 110
    Power jumps: 50
    Globe jumps: 10 - I hate these things :sad:
    Suicide jumps: 15
    Pushup jacks: 25
    Oblique planks: 22 or 44 - another one I'm confused on. Is it one for each leg up to the side, or "left, right = 1; left, right = 2, etc."?
    Anywho, ok results overall. Can't wait to see my improvement in a couple weeks. :tongue:

Good job! The switch kicks...60.
  • jjean905
    jjean905 Posts: 175
    Options
    just finished my first workout today.....yah!!!! So pumped up after even accomplishing that. Can't imagine how i'll feel once I get through the 63 days. FR on the way
  • alucardd20
    alucardd20 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm doing this -- I have a ton to lose, and I know at first I will be like...ugh can't do that...but I WILL TRY. If my friend who was once 440lbs did this workout, so can I.
  • SocWkrBee
    Options
    OK, I just finished the fit test. It told me what I already know. I am weak and out of shape. But that's ok, because that's why I'm here.

Switch Kicks-42
    Power Jacks-37
    Power Knees-45
    Power Jumps-22
    Globe Jumps-5
    Suicide Jumps-6
    Push Up Jacks-6
    Low Plank Oblique-15

The key is that hopefully in two weeks, I will have improved.
  • thesilentsenshi
    thesilentsenshi Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm starting today too! Feel free to add me! I did the fit test Saturday, so I'm going to jump right into the plyos. :D