Challenge starting July 16th. Who is with me???

Options

Replies

• tonybalony01
    tonybalony01 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Got up this morning sore but pumped for Day 3: Cardio Power and Resistance.
    I didn't realize just how sore I was until we got to the vertical jumps in the warm-up. I think I got about an inch off the ground. My legs were rebelling. I swear, if they could have, they would have detached themselves and kicked the stuffing out of me. :grumble:
    I was really looking forward to the stretches. Those felt really nice.
    Once that was over we started the workout with power jumps. Again, the legs rebelled and wanted to kick me in the head. Every jump they screamed, "WHY? WHY? WHY?" I told them, "Shut up and dig deeper!" :laugh:
    Made it through the workout, though.
    Can't wait for Cardio Recovery tomorrow. Hopefully, my legs will forgive me for punishing them for the last couple of days.
  • djbrink21
    djbrink21 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Day 4: Cardio Recovery today. (Actually thinking about skipping a day to get in line with you guys). Maybe 2 rest days at the end of the week.

This was killer. So, so, so many lunges and squats and balance exercises. It is slower which was a nice change, and overall my body really enjoyed the "break," but my thighs were dying the whole time. After falling the first time I started doing the squats and lunges near the sofa so I could at least fall into that upon failure.

30 second hold of a wide squat after 16 slow squats...that was killer. Like tboner0 I thought my quads were just going to come out and go back to bed. I did whatever I could until I fell each time. I figure by next time around I'll be able to do even more.

Sorry to tell you tboner0, but tomorrow is not going to be your friend. Stick with it though, you can do it!
  • starbucksbuzz
    starbucksbuzz Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    So just finished day 5 I think -the day after cardio recovery. I'm a little worried. I've had shin splints in the past, and the ONLY thing that has helped them is stopping whatever activity caused them (running before) and wearing supports. Advil helps too. Anyways last night I was feeling them again, and they're still there this morning. I wore calf / shin supports for the workout. I'm going to try and power through but I'm worried they will just get worse, like they have in the past. Other than that I feel like it's going great, made it through the entire warmup without taking a water break - first time!! :) Love that my legs are starting to feel stronger.
  • sonyab76
    sonyab76 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Good morning
    Well I just finished day 3 cardio power and resistance and I kind of enjoyed it. I could actually do most of the circuit ( a bit slower than them) but without stopping and thinking they were crazy. I did however do ladies pushups in place of the moving pushups. I will work my way up to those.
    I did wake up very sore and didn't think I would be able to even do the workout, but one I pressed play and got warmed up I was good to go. I will have to remember that all the mornings I am feeling that way.

Starbucksbuzz- I also have had chin splints in the past. Once so bad that I actually had 2 fractures along my one chin bone. Not fun at all. Be very careful. Make sure you are doing your workout with REALLY good shoes.

Have a great day everyone.
  • djbrink21
    Options
    I ended up doing the same thing on the moving pushups yesterday. I was so tired by that point that I just couldn't get the coordination down. I was either not moving or was not actually doing push ups. Meh, I got a good number of push ups in so I was still happy.

Been feeling the same thing every morning too. I wake up thinking "I'm in so much pain there is no way I can do this." Then I just get up and push play and a few moments in I getting going and have no problems.

Just gotta keep pushing play.
  • starbucksbuzz
    Options
    Sonya I know I need new shoes, do you think that would fix my problem? What kind did they suggest for you?
  • sonyab76
    Options
    I had the chin splints about 3 yrs ago. As I was working as a server, I got mephistos which helped more for all the walking and some running. You really just need shoes with tight support so your foot isn't loose and moving around. Also good insoles help. I have high arches, so I need shoes meant for that. If you go into any good sporting shoe store and tell them about the chin splints, they should be able to look at your foot and find the best shoe for you.
    I definitely think new shoes would be the best step to take.
  • aloha311
    aloha311 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Well yesterday I was supposed to do Day 2 but school work got in the way so I did the Day 2 work out this morning and will do Day 3 this evening so that I am back on schedule. Does anyone have any suggestions on some good workout shoes that won't break the bank? Right now I have a pair of Avis(I think) but my feet are killing me just from the Fit Test.
  • sonyab76
    Options
    Here was my 1st fit test results:

Switch Kicks- 59
    Power Jacks- 38
    Power Knees- 69
    Power Jumps- 22
    Globe Jumps-7
    Suicide Jumps-12
    Push up Jacks-17
    Low Plank Oblique- 39

Can't wait to see the change in the next fit tests
  • starbucksbuzz
    Options
    I had the chin splints about 3 yrs ago. As I was working as a server, I got mephistos which helped more for all the walking and some running. You really just need shoes with tight support so your foot isn't loose and moving around. Also good insoles help. I have high arches, so I need shoes meant for that. If you go into any good sporting shoe store and tell them about the chin splints, they should be able to look at your foot and find the best shoe for you.
    I definitely think new shoes would be the best step to take.

Ok, I'll try and talk hubs into taking me tonight. :) Thanks for your input!
  • bwrunkle
    bwrunkle Posts: 8
    Options
    YAY ME! I am on Day 6 of Insanity today and the scale dipped 5.6 lbs today. I have lost 2 1/2" off my waist...and I can't even complete the workouts yet. There is a lot of gasping and breaking during the workout - but I am pushing through it all.
    I have giant bruises on my calves just from the tearing down of those muscles from the workouts.

Soreness is very minimal, and I am loving the stretching portions of the workout.

This little weight loss just catapulted my excitement - I want to MELT it all OFF right now!

Tonite - Plyo Cardio..... Whew Hoo!
  • bwrunkle
    Options
    The important thing is that you are doing something! Don't feel bad about your fit test - mine was worse...but that's okay! It is just a place to start - that is all! Wait til we get to the week 2 fit test - I am anxious to see if I can do more than 2 push up jacks - it has only been 6 days since I started and I actually did 2 last night. I could not even do one during the fit test.

Hang in there!
  • bwrunkle
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    swt

The important thing is that you are doing something! Don't feel bad about your fit test - mine was worse...but that's okay! It is just a place to start - that is all! Wait til we get to the week 2 fit test - I am anxious to see if I can do more than 2 push up jacks - it has only been 6 days since I started and I actually did 2 last night. I could not even do one during the fit test.

Hang in there!
  • mathersl
    mathersl Posts: 2
    Options
    Wow, I started monday too! So. Sore. My calves and feet are totally stiff but seem to be getting better. I feel great so far! :)
  • djbrink21
    Options
    I'm finding the same thing, crazy sore the first couple days and it is now just starting to get better. Hopefully it will keep improving so that sitting into a chair and getting up again don't feel like I'm dying. Here's to hoping!
  • fitmum2be
    fitmum2be Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Cardio Recovery ~ Done!. My legs were so wobbly at the end of the pulses I thought they were going to give out hahaha. I do love how the people in the workouts collapse as well on the ground in sweaty piles of mess it's great makes me not feel so bad hahaha. ...Pure cardio tomorrow ouch I can already envision the pain
  • tonybalony01
    tonybalony01 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Day 4: Cardio Recovery
    Ahhhh, sweet recovery day. How I have longed for you all week long! :flowerforyou:
    I forgot how intense these were, but I love the stretching.
    Feeling better now and ready for Pure Cardio tomorrow. Bring it!
  • starbucksbuzz
    Options
    Missed last night - my SIL and I are doing it together and she was out of town and hubs had the night off so we spent some quality time together. :) Found some shoes I'm having them set aside for me to try tonight, hope they work, so I can hopefully reverse these shin splints before they get too bad! They're just a little tender now, hoping doing a workout in *good* shoes with supports will make a big difference. :)
  • SocWkrBee
    SocWkrBee Posts: 374
    Options
    Skipping today. So I am going to pick back up tomorrow and then not rest on Sunday to make up for today. I spent time with my grandfather instead of working out. It was definitely worth it!
  • aloha311
    aloha311 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I just completed day 3 and I am feeling great!!! I have not been able to work out like this in almost 2 years because of having back to back pregnancies. I loved working out like this before and am loving getting into the routine again. I bought a cheap heart rate monitor from Walmart today and I wore it for the work out and it said I burned 500cals!!! =) So excited!