Challenge starting July 16th. Who is with me???

Options

Replies

• macpacman
    macpacman Posts: 64
    Options
    Just got done as well :) It was fun. Here are my results.

Switch Kicks-70
    Power Jacks-46
    Power Knees-84
    Power Jumps-40
    Globe Jumps-11
    Suicide Jumps-15
    Push Up Jacks-20
    Low Plank Oblique-46

Good luck to everyone, KEEP PUSHING Y'ALL!
  • aricandy28
    Options
    This is my second time around....I did the first month without skipping a day but I went for vacations so I couldn't finish it....I am starting back today....I skipped the fit test and did cardio power....tomorrow will do plyo
  • Sandyrocks82
    Options
    Count me in. I started today (07/17) since I wanted monday as off day. Completed fit test. I will post the statistics later. Tomorrow is Plyo. Good luck to everyone.
  • fitmum2be
    fitmum2be Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Plyometric cardio circuit done wow it's been awhile was a pile of sweaty mess after hahaha my calves are on fire n legs feel like jelly time for a much needed shower but so had to share! :)
  • tonybalony01
    tonybalony01 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Day 2: Plyometric Cardio Circuit
    Felt pretty good this morning. Then I turned on Insanity. Taking a few weeks off can really impact your fitness.
    I made it through the warm-up without much difficulty. I even made it through most of the first circuit without taking a break, besides the 30 second water breaks. I even made it through the mountain climbers, which I've renamed the Core Killers.
    The second circuit about killed me, though. I think I spent as much time on the floor panting as I did actually doing the ski abs and in-and-outs. I guess I really need some more ab work.
    Can't wait to hit this again and see if I can actually make it through the second circuit.
  • bwrunkle
    bwrunkle Posts: 8
    Options
    We did okay this week so far. My husband is really having a time with the flexibility. He is 6'4" and 169 lbs (most of which is in his belly). We have laughed that the cardio recovery is nearly impossible because our bellies get in the way of the stretches. He is very inflexible, but he is giving it his best.
    I am increasing strength with every day - which amazes me. I feel fantastic.
    We are on Day 4 today - will do Pure Cardio tonite...or whatever it is called. I am a little scared (intimidated by the name) but I will give it a shot.

Cardio Recovery feels so great afterwards - stretching all that soreness and stiffness away. I have found it helps to go dip in the pool after the workouts.

YES - after the first day of Plyo Cardio - my calves were on fire too! I actually have BRUISES all over them.

I bought some new cross trainers - but they make my feet go to sleep - so I will have to explore this a bit. Last night I did the recovery barefooted.

I was excited to see the scale dip this morning!

Keep it up everyone - WE GOT THIS!!!
  • starbucksbuzz
    starbucksbuzz Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Day 3 - cardio recovery! I liked this, just because I've done a lot of yoga and it gave me an excuse to lose my sneakers because it is low impact. Tonight is Day 4 though, interested to see how I do, I feel like my legs are already getting stronger. :)
  • starbucksbuzz
    starbucksbuzz Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    We did okay this week so far. My husband is really having a time with the flexibility. He is 6'4" and 169 lbs (most of which is in his belly). We have laughed that the cardio recovery is nearly impossible because our bellies get in the way of the stretches. He is very inflexible, but he is giving it his best.
    I am increasing strength with every day - which amazes me. I feel fantastic.
    We are on Day 4 today - will do Pure Cardio tonite...or whatever it is called. I am a little scared (intimidated by the name) but I will give it a shot.

Cardio Recovery feels so great afterwards - stretching all that soreness and stiffness away. I have found it helps to go dip in the pool after the workouts.

YES - after the first day of Plyo Cardio - my calves were on fire too! I actually have BRUISES all over them.

I bought some new cross trainers - but they make my feet go to sleep - so I will have to explore this a bit. Last night I did the recovery barefooted.

I was excited to see the scale dip this morning!

Keep it up everyone - WE GOT THIS!!!

If your calves are still bothering you try getting some calf / shin supports to wear during the workout, that really helps me. Also icing them when you finish might help as well, or massaging them / getting someone to massage them. Look up calf muscle massage on youtube. :)
  • tonybalony01
    tonybalony01 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Good job! The switch kicks...60.
    [/quote]

Thanks for the clarification.
  • FluffyDogsRule
    FluffyDogsRule Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    i just ordered it...it should arrive friday so i plan to start saturday morning. i'll be a week behind you all, but i'd love some people to help me!!
  • djbrink21
    djbrink21 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I started on the 15th with the Fit Test and just finished day 3 this morning. Ow. Really starting to feel it add up on my muscles, but in a good way. As soon as I hear Shawn T yell "Come on ya'll" when starting the workout, I know I can push through it (or hope at least :)).

Started at 235 and can't wait until my first weigh in on Sunday.

Anyway FR welcome from anyone in this wonderful pain together. Keep it up everyone!
  • swtmarcy
    swtmarcy Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi, I'm new at speaking out about my weight, but I need/ want to be committed to making a big change in my life. I'm jumping right into Insanity, maybe I'm just insane for doing this. I've read that most people go into this program after P90X or something, but I did the Fit Test yesterday and it kicked my butt. I could use some friends for motivation and emotional support.
    My score:

Switch Kicks- 111
    Power Jacks- 35
    Power Knees- 60
    Power Jumps- 31
    Globe Jumps- 8
    Suicide Jumps- 13
    Push Up Jacks- 0 :sad: :cry:
    Low Plank Oblique- 20

I feel like a used punching bag today. I'm sore everywhere...
  • djbrink21
    Options
    Just to be fair, here are my scores from my Fit Test on Sunday.

Switch Kicks 70
    Power Jacks 30
    Power Knees 45
    Power Jumps 15
    Globe Jumps 5
    Suicide Jumps 8
    Pushup Jacks 16
    Low Plank Obliques 25

I think it is pretty easy to see where I got tired. Though overall not bad I think.
  • djbrink21
    Options
    You did better than I, be proud!

Keep at it.
  • swtmarcy
    swtmarcy Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks friend :)
  • SocWkrBee
    SocWkrBee Posts: 374
    Options
    OK, I did the plyo cardio today. that was really hard for me. I was tired and then I realized I was only doing the warm up!!

I did finish despite feeling like I was going to pass out!
  • macpacman
    macpacman Posts: 64
    Options
    Good job. Just do your best and DIG DEEPER. Watch your HRM and stay in the safe zone. I usually take a minute for my heart rate to go down during the water breaks. Good luck tomorrow with Cardio Power and Resistence.
  • aricandy28
    Options
    My first time doing plyo I literally throw up, but you get better each day....I couldn't work out today because I had a rooth canal done, but tomorrow I will jump back in......
    And yes the heart monitor is a very helpful tool.
    We Can Do It!!!!!!
  • sonyab76
    sonyab76 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey friends
    Ok so day 2 was killer. I was already sore and then Shawn t had to kick my butt even more. Haha. Those basketball drills were what I found the toughest but I kept on going.
    I am a server at a restaurant and right after I did my plyo I went to work and pulled an 11.5 hr shift with no breaks. Needless to say I am very sore and tired now. That won't stop me from pressing play tomorrow though.
    I will add my fit test results tomorrow too. I am going to bed now to rest up this body.
  • smn957
    smn957 Posts: 13
    Options
    I started last week and is been insane. Im with you.