Online Dating Rules...

Options

Replies

• pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I always appreciate a bathroom mirror self-photo with a visible toilet.

OMG that is the worst! I understand mirror photos but if that is the best you can do I won't even look at the rest of the profile. Such a turn off!
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    Always.... and I mean ALWAYS list every place you have ever traveled!! Every guy is looking for the real life Carmen San Diego

hhahahahah ur hilarious
  • nolachick
    Options
    I took comments from here and think I am close to the ultimate dating thread. I tried to make it gender neutral. Feel free to make edits as you think are necessary.

Hi their. It’s so hard 2b righting one of these. I nevr thought I’d evr b online trying 2 date no one. I have 2 say that my friendz and family are important to me. They helped me right this thing. I like to just have fun stayin n er goin out. I’m the go wit da flow kind. This has been one heckuva xperience. I nevr new their were so many crazies out there. Plez respect me as a person and don’t be just trying to get laid. I’m not N2 ONS or FWBs. When I’m not goin out or stayin n, I like to go fishing somewhere wit a nice beach cause that way we can take long romantic walks. I also hope itz someplace close to a tv so we can watch Nascar 2. I also like to play WoW all day. Gaming is my life.
    I am not sure what iz rong wit every1, I get so many views and no one rights me no mezzages. I think every1 is so shallow and only lukz at da pics. I am a gr8 person. I really hope to find my soul mate. Please have the ballz to right me back that yer not interested. I am waitin by my computer all day hopin luv will find me.

hahahahahahahah the "theirs" instead of "there" is making my eyes hurt and making me laugh all at the same time!
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    I took comments from here and think I am close to the ultimate dating thread. I tried to make it gender neutral. Feel free to make edits as you think are necessary.

Hi their. It’s so hard 2b righting one of these. I nevr thought I’d evr b online trying 2 date no one. I have 2 say that my friendz and family are important to me. They helped me right this thing. I like to just have fun stayin n er goin out. I’m the go wit da flow kind. This has been one heckuva xperience. I nevr new their were so many crazies out there. Plez respect me as a person and don’t be just trying to get laid. I’m not N2 ONS or FWBs. When I’m not goin out or stayin n, I like to go fishing somewhere wit a nice beach cause that way we can take long romantic walks. I also hope itz someplace close to a tv so we can watch Nascar 2. I also like to play WoW all day. Gaming is my life.
    I am not sure what iz rong wit every1, I get so many views and no one rights me no mezzages. I think every1 is so shallow and only lukz at da pics. I am a gr8 person. I really hope to find my soul mate. Please have the ballz to right me back that yer not interested. I am waitin by my computer all day hopin luv will find me.

Crap, I forgot a section that lists all the things I hate and I meant to put "no fatties" in the section about people being shallow and only looking at the pictures.
  • nolachick
    Options
    Must have:

I'm a social butterfly and enjoy dressing up and hitting the town, but I'm just as comfortable wearing jeans, staying home and cuddling on the couch watching a movie.

I think women copy and paste that part on every bio or similar wording.

hahah did u read my profile? LOL
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    Must have:

I'm a social butterfly and enjoy dressing up and hitting the town, but I'm just as comfortable wearing jeans, staying home and cuddling on the couch watching a movie.

I think women copy and paste that part on every bio or similar wording.

hahah did u read my profile? LOL

Don't have to. All the women's profiles say that.
  • pa_jorg
    Options
    For guys, you always need to say that you are a big fan of (insert pro sports team here). In the Boston area I want to scream when all the profiles say I'm a hug Red Sox, Patriots, Celtic, Bruins fan... damn isn't everyone around here!?
  • nolachick
    Options
    For guys, you always need to say that you are a big fan of (insert pro sports team here). In the Boston area I want to scream when all the profiles say I'm a hug Red Sox, Patriots, Celtic, Bruins fan... damn isn't everyone around here!?

read: i'm a sports fanatic and will completely ignore you during football season and u will need to plan our time around the games.
    yuk
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options

Sometimes you need to tell the world you aren't a Yankees, Jets, Lakers, or Habs fan. Because those people need to be run out of New England!
  • pa_jorg
    Options

Sometimes you need to tell the world you aren't a Yankees, Jets, Lakers, or Habs fan. Because those people need to be run out of New England!

I agree and am all for team loyalty, but it gets annoying online because they just couldn't think of anything else to say!
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I'm happy to say I don't have anything in my profile that any of the girls have complained about so far.

With that said, I'm utterly shocked how many girls are looking for "country boys" , like nascar, "Getting dirty" , fishing, camping and dozens of other things that most girls don't actually do, want to do, or would even do if you paid them. Hopefully you realize that you don't have to have EVERY SINGLE TRAIT in common with your prospective white trash prince for him to like you. I'm sure the pic of the boobs hanging out with your three kids in the background is good enough.
  • nolachick
    Options
    I'm happy to say I don't have anything in my profile that any of the girls have complained about so far.

With that said, I'm utterly shocked how many girls are looking for "country boys" , like nascar, "Getting dirty" , fishing, camping and dozens of other things that most girls don't actually do, want to do, or would even do if you paid them. Hopefully you realize that you don't have to have EVERY SINGLE TRAIT in common with your prospective white trash prince for him to like you. I'm sure the pic of the boobs hanging out with your three kids in the background is good enough.

funny you say that cuz 90% of the guys who message me are country boys and i'm a city girl so i'm like WTF?
  • nolachick
    Options
    ok lets get this thread back up and running...who here is doing online dating and how is it going? :bigsmile:

I am going to admit i've met a few guys online, only 1 of which seemed really compatible but now that that's fizzled I feel like I'm just wasting my time......
  • TBoom915
    TBoom915 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    ok lets get this thread back up and running...who here is doing online dating and how is it going? :bigsmile:

I am going to admit i've met a few guys online, only 1 of which seemed really compatible but now that that's fizzled I feel like I'm just wasting my time......

LOL...I am in the same boat as you...but it was entertaining reading the posts.
  • TBoom915
    TBoom915 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    But oh...for a man's profile put that you had "some college" us women like to see that you at least tried. Except when we ask you what college you went to and you name your HS :huh:
  • nolachick
    Options
    honestly, i stop reading after "some college".

but i'm interested to know if u women will entertain dating men who are
    a. divorced
    b. have kids

i've never dated either. two guys have contacted me that have both a and b above and they are nice and educated and everything but idk if i shud shoot them down just because they were divorced and have kids. hmmm.....thoughts?
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    You should definitely write at least 2 paragraphs saying how funny and witty you are but not say a single things that is either funny or witty.

Don't forget to specify that you are looking for a real man, tired of the bar scene, and you want to find someone to spend time with and get to know because that's not always assumed. You should probably write at least 3 paragraphs explaining this.

Then you should probably write a few more paragraphs describing your ideal man, he will be sweet, honest, romantic, tall, dark, handsome, wealthy, faithful, funny, confident, good in bed, got at least 1800 on his SATs, drives a BMW, has a full head of hair, has successfully climbed Mt. Everest, is STD free, has won the lottery at least twice, and has at least a 10 inch dong.
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options

a. divorced
    b. have kids

i've never dated either. two guys have contacted me that have both a and b above and they are nice and educated and everything but idk if i shud shoot them down just because they were divorced and have kids. hmmm.....thoughts?

Sounds to me like you're shrinking your dating pool... come down off that high horse and play with all the kids!!
  • nolachick
    Options
    You should definitely write at least 2 paragraphs saying how funny and witty you are but not say a single things that is either funny or witty.

Don't forget to specify that you are looking for a real man, tired of the bar scene, and you want to find someone to spend time with and get to know because that's not always assumed. You should probably write at least 3 paragraphs explaining this.

Then you should probably write a few more paragraphs describing your ideal man, he will be sweet, honest, romantic, tall, dark, handsome, wealthy, faithful, funny, confident, good in bed, got at least 1800 on his SATs, drives a BMW, has a full head of hair, has successfully climbed Mt. Everest, is STD free, has won the lottery at least twice, and has at least a 10 inch dong.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'M dying here hahahahaahaha.
  • nolachick
    Options

a. divorced
    b. have kids

Sounds to me like you're shrinking your dating pool... come down off that high horse and play with all the kids!!

haha i have been told i have too many standards. I'm not a snob by any means, I promise, the divorced and kids thing actually is not something I view as bad. I mean divorced shows they are not afraid of committment and i love kids so I would have no problem with that.

I guess i'm thinking long run - i'm 26 and would like to be the first wife and have the first child with my first husband.