Online Dating Rules...

Options
12346»

Replies

• The_Iron
    The_Iron Posts: 288
    Options
    But oh...for a man's profile put that you had "some college" us women like to see that you at least tried. Except when we ask you what college you went to and you name your HS :huh:

I graduated from S.U. :wink:

Subway University :laugh:
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Don't forget to whine about how girls always go for the bad boys, and that you're the classic "nice guy".
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    Don't forget to whine about how girls always go for the bad boys, and that you're the classic "nice guy".

i hate when guys do this! such a turn off!
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options

i hate when guys do this! such a turn off!

Then they berate you when you don't message them back.

Yes, you're SO nice!
  • TBoom915
    TBoom915 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    But oh...for a man's profile put that you had "some college" us women like to see that you at least tried. Except when we ask you what college you went to and you name your HS :huh:

LOL...exactly
  • nolachick
    Options

LOL...exactly

now this is a keeper!
  • nolachick
    Options
    If he looks like a serial killer in his profile photo, he probably is.

lol. i got messaged by one of these today. DELETE.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Must have a profile picture take while in a car. (This seems to be the new bathroom mirror picture)
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    This thread cracked me up!!! Lol

Luckily, my profile is pretty unique and guys will tell me how much it stuck out compare to all the others.

On the kid thing, I most likely will not date a man with kids. I would like to think I'd make an exception for the right guy but I still want to have kids and it'd be lovely to have my first child with someone who's never had a child before as well.
    Now I'm divorced and I would be open to dating a guy who's divorced as well. If I had never been married, I probably would prefer someone who was the same and never been married.
    So far, all the guys I've dated recently have never been married and I often feel guilty should I think of a future. I had the big wedding already and I'd feel I was cheating them out of it if it were to go that way. On the other hand, if the guy wanted a huge wedding i'd feel odd doing it all again.

Regardless, guys will tell me it doesn't matter to them. They just always ask.. "you are DIVORCED though, right?"
  • nolachick
    Options

Luckily, my profile is pretty unique and guys will tell me how much it stuck out compare to all the others.

On the kid thing, I most likely will not date a man with kids. I would like to think I'd make an exception for the right guy but I still want to have kids and it'd be lovely to have my first child with someone who's never had a child before as well.
    Now I'm divorced and I would be open to dating a guy who's divorced as well. If I had never been married, I probably would prefer someone who was the same and never been married.
    So far, all the guys I've dated recently have never been married and I often feel guilty should I think of a future. I had the big wedding already and I'd feel I was cheating them out of it if it were to go that way. On the other hand, if the guy wanted a huge wedding i'd feel odd doing it all again.

Regardless, guys will tell me it doesn't matter to them. They just always ask.. "you are DIVORCED though, right?"

haha yeah making sure they are divorced is a good call.
    i kinda do feel like i dont wanna be the 2nd wife or have the 2nd kid but hey, most men who aren't married yet are deathly scared of it. atleast a divorced one doesnt have committment issues.

we'll see.

More online dating rules, Include the following on your messages:
    1. hey, i think ur hott
    2. hello (just one word is all it takes)
    3. i'm new in town, wanna show me around (yes i would love to be your tour guide)
    4. i love sports (yes i would love to be ignored by u while you're watching/playing sports)
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options

i kinda do feel like i dont wanna be the 2nd wife or have the 2nd kid but hey, most men who aren't married yet are deathly scared of it. atleast a divorced one doesnt have committment issues.

we'll see.

1. hey, i think ur hott
    3. i'm new in town, wanna show me around (yes i would love to be your tour guide)
    4. i love sports (yes i would love to be ignored by u while you're watching/playing sports)

I got one yesterday that said "hey your hot"---WTF am I supposed to do with that......

Oh and I have a picture of me singing Kareoke and one guy said __ I bet I could make you sing louder...really I mean come on did you honestly expect that to work
  • nolachick
    Options

we'll see.

1. hey, i think ur hott

I got one yesterday that said "hey your hot"---WTF am I supposed to do with that......

Oh and I have a picture of me singing Kareoke and one guy said __ I bet I could make you sing louder...really I mean come on did you honestly expect that to work

haha good one lol.
  • bthumudo
    bthumudo Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I took comments from here and think I am close to the ultimate dating thread. I tried to make it gender neutral. Feel free to make edits as you think are necessary.

Hi their. It’s so hard 2b righting one of these. I nevr thought I’d evr b online trying 2 date no one. I have 2 say that my friendz and family are important to me. They helped me right this thing. I like to just have fun stayin n er goin out. I’m the go wit da flow kind. This has been one heckuva xperience. I nevr new their were so many crazies out there. Plez respect me as a person and don’t be just trying to get laid. I’m not N2 ONS or FWBs. When I’m not goin out or stayin n, I like to go fishing somewhere wit a nice beach cause that way we can take long romantic walks. I also hope itz someplace close to a tv so we can watch Nascar 2. I also like to play WoW all day. Gaming is my life.
    I am not sure what iz rong wit every1, I get so many views and no one rights me no mezzages. I think every1 is so shallow and only lukz at da pics. I am a gr8 person. I really hope to find my soul mate. Please have the ballz to right me back that yer not interested. I am waitin by my computer all day hopin luv will find me.

I'M DEFINITELY STEALING THIS FOR MY PROFILE!!!
  • nolachick
    Options
    I took comments from here and think I am close to the ultimate dating thread. I tried to make it gender neutral. Feel free to make edits as you think are necessary.

Hi their. It’s so hard 2b righting one of these. I nevr thought I’d evr b online trying 2 date no one. I have 2 say that my friendz and family are important to me. They helped me right this thing. I like to just have fun stayin n er goin out. I’m the go wit da flow kind. This has been one heckuva xperience. I nevr new their were so many crazies out there. Plez respect me as a person and don’t be just trying to get laid. I’m not N2 ONS or FWBs. When I’m not goin out or stayin n, I like to go fishing somewhere wit a nice beach cause that way we can take long romantic walks. I also hope itz someplace close to a tv so we can watch Nascar 2. I also like to play WoW all day. Gaming is my life.
    I am not sure what iz rong wit every1, I get so many views and no one rights me no mezzages. I think every1 is so shallow and only lukz at da pics. I am a gr8 person. I really hope to find my soul mate. Please have the ballz to right me back that yer not interested. I am waitin by my computer all day hopin luv will find me.

I'M DEFINITELY STEALING THIS FOR MY PROFILE!!!

HAHAHAAH i am laughing so hard right now! no one else is at work - i love it!
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options

I dated someone "divorced" for a while and found out they'd been separated for like a year but not technically divorced yet. She also told me her last name was her maiden name and then I found out it hadn't technically been changed back yet. Made me feel weird.

I wouldn't worry too much about the wedding thing, I know I'd be fine without a huge wedding. But I also have a small family that really doesn't care. Weddings are really more for the family and the bride than the groom.

The kid thing is where it gets complicated.
  • RMuske
    RMuske Posts: 271 Member
    Options

I have to admit reading this was painful!! I wanted to edit and spell check it!!! Ah!