what is your "OMG that was how many Cals" food?

Options
fragilegift
fragilegift Posts: 347 Member
You know, that food, or drink, that you think is 'ok' but when you looks at it closer gives you heart palpitations?

For me, I think it has to be butter. Per serve is fine, but it is SO easy to add a 'little bit more' and totally screw the numbers. Hot toast anyone? crumpets? I don't dare buy crumpets any more. :sad:

Next after that is probably potatoes. Mashed potatoes? with a 'little bit more' butter even. :O

What's yours?

Replies

• nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Granola -.-
  • AngrySnail
    AngrySnail Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Melting moments.
    nuff said
  • chatnel
    chatnel Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    That spicy indian nut mix thing.
    Mud cake
  • Kym1610
    Kym1610 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Mine was a few months ago, it was a spaghetti and cheese jaffle
  • clare_m_ely
    Options
    Just a simple toasted cheese sandwich for me ... Thought it was a relatively safe option but totally not worth the calories!
  • hanga10
    hanga10 Posts: 25
    Options
    Just a simple toasted cheese sandwich for me ... Thought it was a relatively safe option but totally not worth the calories!

Ditto
  • PrettyGrit
    PrettyGrit Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Minties ... I used to eat them all day until I stacked on the weight and was wondering why..
    Freaking 25 cals each!!!
  • angel101netta
    angel101netta Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Bananna Bread!! 600 calories!!
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Chicken wings- after them for lunch I had to go to the gym so I could eat dinner!
  • pearsy67
    pearsy67 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Sausages, not for the calories, but for the salt, OMG the amount of salt in them is ridiculous.

BTW< you can still have crumpets, just put the penut butter straight on the crumpet, it melts soooo good :-)
  • amanda6393
    amanda6393 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Champagne. 2 bottles.
  • fragilegift
    fragilegift Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    BTW< you can still have crumpets, just put the penut butter straight on the crumpet, it melts soooo good :-)

sacrilege! crumpets have butter! (or vegemite if you are feeling magnanimous)

Sausages seem to be getting very expensive calorie wise. 20 years ago the 'average' sausage was 115 cals. I've seen some newer store branded (not the fancy lamb and feta types) ones going for 222 EACH. I thought that was per serve and a serve was two..but t was only one sausage. :o
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    PB on crumpets is pure awesome. Vegemite is the evil element here and should not come within cooee of a crumpet!

As for sausages, if people like them and are looking for a better alternative, I'd suggest giving kanga bangas a go. They are a lot more dense and less fatty than traditional sausages as you would expect. The macros on them are actually very good, and they are a good thing to take to a BBQ without looking like the 'health freak' everyone rolls their eyes at :laugh:
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options

Did this last night & added some sf maple syrup. Was good :smile:

Although, I already knew I just had a look at the chips at Oporto on the weekend. 500cals for one medium serve when the whole wrap I got was only 560 and WAY bigger. Hence why I generally skip the chips.

Probably craziest though was the Reece's PB cheesecake I got from Cheesecake Factory in the US. 1350cals per slice :tongue:
  • Froody2
    Froody2 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Hot chips and gravy :sad:
  • centralvicgirl
    centralvicgirl Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hot chips, pizza, cheese in general. Never realised how much cheese I enjoyed adding to everything until I had to measure it out.

Still, oven bake chips, homemade pita bread pizzas and reduced fat cheese (and less of it) are generally doing the trick now. It's only the cheese that haunts me now - I still struggle with wanting more. The pizza and chips are not worth it for me anymore.
  • LeahMaria26
    LeahMaria26 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Potato - damn tasty vegetable!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Potato - damn tasty vegetable!

really?

THey're just starchy carbs. Generally it's the high fat items that surprise people being that fat is 9cals/gram.
  • AmberBobbie
    Options
    Athough I knew it was not great... but seafood Laksa.. :( Was naughty and just had it for lunch!
  • ToniDat
    ToniDat Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Being of Italian descent pasta is the killer, just not worth it if your only on 1200 cals per day :/ I have adapted to Slimpasta, but not really the same thing.