what is your "OMG that was how many Cals" food?

Options

Replies

• JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    white rice! I cannot believe how many cals are in just 1 cooked cup! and I thought it was a healthy alternative to pasta?

rice is one of those funny listings you need to check carefully before entering as one cup of uncooked rice has heaps more calories than one cup of cooked rice.

thanks I will check that in the future

Yeah that always gets me too. I still to 0.5 cooked.

White rice isn't the best, so I try red and brown rice :) sometimes throw in a bit of black too! Can't do without my morning rice. I think it is much less calories than pasta, much less processed and much yumimer so I'm happy.

My surprise food... well, of course cake and chocolate is high so no need to be 'surprised'.

NUTS and SEEDS! I love them so much but my god, they are full of calories :( lots of good fats and nutrients so heavy moderation is the key!
  • hjb85
    hjb85 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Had a muffin and lost half a days calories in one hit! :(
  • Kahliimah
    Kahliimah Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Margarita pizza I get from the local pizza shop. They lather so many different types of cheeses and it adds up over to 1000 calories...
    WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Also, cheeses like Brie, Camembert, Cheddar, Gouda, Blue Vein...gah just cheese in general. I miss it. :( Went clean vegan so I've kept away!
  • bsefton1
    Options
    Yes I know!!!! How sad.
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    1 can of Ayam coconut cream- I made myself a vegetable curry- it bumped up the cals by an extra 700+ !!
    Delicious though!
  • Haylz_ish
    Options
    I used to buy that premade Latina Fresh Spinach & Ricotta agnolotti from Coles or Woolies and I'd eat the whole thing 'serves 2' - close enough! Haha but I'm pretty sure there is like 5 'servings' in the package.

Over 1000 calories.
    Then I'd add sauce.
    Then cheese.

And that is just dinner.

Damn I miss that stuff though.
  • melindanew
    melindanew Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Anzac bikkie calories make sense though, if you remember they were originally made to be sent to the Diggers in WWI as something small, portable and non-spoiling to eat while marching, waging war, etc. If made with traditional recipes they should be calorie dense. That was sort of the point.

Nuts are my downfall. I should eat them, they are good for me, but SO MANY CALORIES and so moreish I just can't have them in the house. I'm always shocked by how small a serve is.
  • MJharry
    MJharry Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Licorice allsorts. Just one is 50cals!
  • ChrissieP80
    ChrissieP80 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Definitely garlic bread! Especially when it is drowning in garlic butter.

and the other day I had HALF an almond croissant. That might be my last, ever. I can't believe there can be over half a day's calories in something that isn't even a meal. :sad:
  • chatnel
    chatnel Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I used to buy that premade Latina Fresh Spinach & Ricotta agnolotti from Coles or Woolies and I'd eat the whole thing 'serves 2' - close enough! Haha but I'm pretty sure there is like 5 'servings' in the package.

Over 1000 calories.
    Then I'd add sauce.
    Then cheese.

And that is just dinner.

Damn I miss that stuff though.

I just cook half a pack and have with a salad. Not too bad then.
  • cowgurl1
    cowgurl1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Ben and Jerry's Clusterfluff Icecream. 100gm = 320 cal. That whole tub is 1500 cal. It is very hard to resist it's charms.
    Also any alcoholic drink you care to name. 4 beers. 520 cal.
  • wildaaron
    wildaaron Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Pizza - like Dominos Meat Lovers - 1 pizza is around 1800 cal - that's a whole days worth!!!
  • aussiedream
    Options
    I have been living in the US for years now, and I really should not have read all of these posts as I am craving all of the foods I have not had in years... dim Sims I miss the most, but also Tim tams and mintiies and real crumpets.... oh I must stop.
  • mediakills
    Options
    :O
    but-but, MINTIES.
    I LOVE THEM.
  • Nerdphiliac
    Nerdphiliac Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    ...Assorted trail mix.
    Probably the most deceitful health food known to man. :/
  • melwa
    melwa Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Bagels - I thought they were the better choice at a cafe for brekkie. WRONG! Back to poached eggs.
  • kimastbury
    kimastbury Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Garlic bread.. I nearly died when I read just how much was in it... I knew it would be up there.. But really

I was thinking it was 'ok' too, until I read the calories. And you can't really heat up a 'serve.' So no more garlic bread unless I am out or have someone to share it with. One stick is almost a full days calories :(

What I do for garlic bread now is I buy a big bag of the tiny dinner rolls from Woolworths (the really small ones) and I make my own individual serves of garlic bread. I make them up and wrap in foil and freeze. I know exactly how many cals are in each one because I control the amount of butter etc that goes in and they are individual serves. I can ask who wants garlic bread and who doesn't and only toss in the number of rolls that will be eaten so I am not tempted by leftovers. Give it a try :)
  • kimastbury
    kimastbury Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    ...Assorted trail mix.
    Probably the most deceitful health food known to man. :/

YES! This happened to me just yesterday. NEVER again!
  • sally2303
    sally2303 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Garlic bread.. I nearly died when I read just how much was in it... I knew it would be up there.. But really

I was thinking it was 'ok' too, until I read the calories. And you can't really heat up a 'serve.' So no more garlic bread unless I am out or have someone to share it with. One stick is almost a full days calories :(

What I do for garlic bread now is I buy a big bag of the tiny dinner rolls from Woolworths (the really small ones) and I make my own individual serves of garlic bread. I make them up and wrap in foil and freeze. I know exactly how many cals are in each one because I control the amount of butter etc that goes in and they are individual serves. I can ask who wants garlic bread and who doesn't and only toss in the number of rolls that will be eaten so I am not tempted by leftovers. Give it a try :)

Absolutely love this idea! Thank you so much!!
  • melindanew
    melindanew Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I have been living in the US for years now, and I really should not have read all of these posts as I am craving all of the foods I have not had in years... dim Sims I miss the most, but also Tim tams and mintiies and real crumpets.... oh I must stop.

HAH! I've been living in Australia for years but I'm American. I would trade you all that stuff fror proper Jimmy Dean sausage, root beer that hasn't been sitting on a boat for 8 weeks, and Jif peanut butter.