Where are my fellow P90xers?

Options

Replies

• kalawhon
    kalawhon Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    @gmon I can honestly say I don't get the right amount of protein in each day either, and a lot of times I fail with sticking with the right amount of foods I should eat per day, it takes a lot to get there. Just eat what you can, try eating more eggs and like you said drink your whey protein. Hopefully that will help.
    Hi gmon. I was the same way with doing P90X, after my 90 days my immune system went crazy on me, I took a week off after completing the program, then what went from a week lead to 3 weeks bc I kept getting sick each time I tried working out again. I suppose my body was telling me I needed a longer break and to rest.
    I jumped back into Round 2 of P90 on July 9th and haven't turned back yet.
    I believe you will do great if you stick with P90X. I noticed a magor change in my body after completing the program. I haven't tried insanity yet, but agree that it does seem a lot harder than P90X.
    For your weight and being active I'd stick with the lowest income calorie P90 suggest, 1800. I know that sounds like a lot but you need the right amount of nutrition in order to complete the intence workouts. I weight 132 right now and do my best to eat all the right foods P90 request, I take in at least 1700-1800 a day. You just need to sit down and figure out what foods you like, and can handle each day.
    Good luck on your 90 days!! I believe you'll do GREAT!! Kim

Hi,

1800 does seem too high for me but on the other hand I don't wanna go too low where I'm not getting enough energy.
    I think I'm just gonna eat when I'm hungry and stop when I'm full without a specific calorie goal for a few days and see what I naturally tend to eat. And will adjust later if necessary.
    The one thing I'm having a hard time with is sticking to the macros. I find it real hard sticking to 50 protein 30 carbs. Especially because I'm mostly vegetarian who eats seafood on occassion. Im probably gonna have to up the seafood and maybe supplement with some protein powder.
    How important is it to stick to the macros?

I can't do the 50 protein. I have mine set for 40 protein, 35 carb and 25 fat and I still never hit the protein.
  • kalawhon
    Options
    Last night's workout didn't go as planned,.. I am well now, but had to get gorceries last night and prepare my meals for the week since I didn't get a chance on Sunday.. so with that said, tonight I'm going to BRING IT with ARX and Plyos with my girl Kim tonight!!
    Y'all pray for me... Ha! :)
  • kalawhon
    Options
    snapped my red band today doing lawnmowers! Lucky I didn't take out an eye or something! Going to have to send it back, hopefully they won't give me any grief about replacement.

Oh my... I guess that means your a tough cookie. ha :) Hopefully you'll get another band back like soon!
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Man Chest and Back and ARX is killer after a rest day. But I got it done! YAY!

Managed to do 13 regular pushups on my feet, plus 35 on my knees
    managed 11 wide fly pushups on my feet and then 35 on my knees
    8 declines before I had to do regular standard pushups on my knees
    3 diamond pushups on my feet and another 10 on my knees

I've been doing all just on my knees, so this is big progress for me. I'm so proud of myself.
  • dangerdj
    dangerdj Posts: 17
    Options
    This is my third time around with P90X. In the past I've done the 90 days (missed maybe one or two workouts total) then gone back to the gym to do 60-90 days of free weights and cardio machines. I find doing it that way keeps your immune system up and it also continues the "muscle confusion" theory. I'm also able to focus on some slow-twitch muscle fibre movements - I find that P90X tends to focus on fast-twitch.

I'm going to start incorporating Insanity at the 60-day mark just to get some extra muscular definition in before summer ends.

I've also modified a few of the workouts, I don't do the leg workout instead I substituted it with core. I bike to work almost every day and play ball so I don't need the extra load on my legs. Plus, I find that Plyometrics works the legs just fine as it is.

Anyone else tweaked their P90X workout?
  • BryGuy2
    BryGuy2 Posts: 244
    Options
    That's awesome starvingdiva, keep up the awesome work. I couldn't find my HRM yesterday, so I didn't use it, but I have noticed big improvements. I was able to do a lot more pushups and some workouts are becoming easier. Ab Ripper is still tough, but slowly getting there.

DangerDJ, I havent tweaked my workouts that much, however sometimes I will repeat some rounds. I used to do Plyo once and then half of it over again. It was killer. And sometimes I will do doubles if I have time. Cardio X in the morning and regular workout in the evening. Or I will run after my p90x workout sometimes.
  • znm100
    znm100 Posts: 148
    Options
    Day 1 check!!!!! Holy push-ups...had nothing much left for that last round of dive bombers. Thought 15lbs would be good to go for weights since I only did 10 lbs before ever, but I was able to do 23-25 reps of everything so I am thinking 18lbs for next week. I got some work to do on ab ripper to get to 25 reps of everything, but there were 6 of 12 where I could do it all in good form.

I was not impressed with my burn rate. Now in fairness I am a cardio person and this is my first foray into weights. When I normally workout for 50 minutes I expect 300-400 calories burned- 500-600 when I run. With these two workouts I did 71 minutes and only burned 402. It's okay, everyday I will do cardio too so my net burn for the whole day was up around 837 which is in my daily goal range. I guess I expected around 1000 a day when adding a challenging program like p90x to my dog walks and runs.

I will say though, I feel good! Invigorated!!!! Bring on that plyo tomorrow!!!

Great Job!!

Wait until the Plyo workout today, you will get a nice burn out of that one... I think my first time I burned almost 900 calories... of course I'm sure you are in better shape starting out than me, but you should still get a nice # today... :)
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    4K run tonight and then whatever else I have to do to burn around 500 calories. Might try and mix up a bit of plyo with a bit of chest and back as I'm losing two days this week. Meh.
  • BryGuy2
    Options
    Good luck on the 4K Lisa! I am excited for Plyo, hopefully i'm not too sore after this round haha!
  • stephdg89
    stephdg89 Posts: 37
    Options
    Hi all! I'm not on here too often, I always just log on my phone and don't get to the computer too often. I have a two year old and I stay at home with her, so not lots of down time! ;)

But I wanted to say it is super motivating to read all the responses and hear about everyone's progress and modifications to the program. I am now on week 5 day 2. I am doing the lean version so I have cardio x today. Good thing because yesterday I started my morning with a 3.5 mile walk pushing my 34 lb kiddo in the jogging stroller in only 40 mins! Whew! Then had core synergistics in the afternoon and hours of cleaning yesterday evening. So I'm definitely feeling it today!

My question is for people who have completed p90x or are further along in the program than me. I have lost 5 lbs total so far in the month of July and since starting, but I was wanting to lose 10 more lbs. So when did you see your weight loss pick up, or did you? I really don't have a lot to lose, I'm pretty thin already but have some extra fat on my hips and stomach. I'm 122 right now but would love to be in the 110-115 range. So I guess that is part of my question as well- If you lost a lot did you have a lot to lose? And if you're doing/did it for more toning than anything else did you lose much? Also I'm interested if you lost any sizes? I'd like to go down 1 size.

Thanks!
  • znm100
    Options
    Good luck on the 4K Lisa! I am excited for Plyo, hopefully i'm not too sore after this round haha!

I am excited for Plyo to be DONE today! haha. After today though, no more Plyo for two weeks!
  • BryGuy2
    Options
    The next phase is my favorite. I am stoked for chest, shoulders and triceps!
  • BryGuy2
    Options
    Hey Steph, on my first round, about 8 weeks in the program, I had lost 13 lbs. I had about 20 lbs to lose, so not a lot. But I noticed more results after 6 weeks. After that, the results sky rocketed. Your weight is going to fluctuate as you get through the program with fat lost and muscle gained. With the lean version, I dont think you will build as much muscle, but you will definitely shred fat quickly. It sounds like you're doing great, so just keep doing what you're doing, eat right and you'll see more weight loss.
  • stephdg89
    Options
    Hey Steph, on my first round, about 8 weeks in the program, I had lost 13 lbs. I had about 20 lbs to lose, so not a lot. But I noticed more results after 6 weeks. After that, the results sky rocketed. Your weight is going to fluctuate as you get through the program with fat lost and muscle gained. With the lean version, I dont think you will build as much muscle, but you will definitely shred fat quickly. It sounds like you're doing great, so just keep doing what you're doing, eat right and you'll see more weight loss.
  • stephdg89
    Options
    Thanks! I start getting discouraged when I feel like I'm killing myself and not seeing immediate results!
  • BryGuy2
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean, I felt the same way. There are so many people who start this program and stop after 1 month because they havent seen any results. Your body is taking this time to get used to these workouts so it takes time.
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options

Sometimes it's hard to keep that in perspective when you get frustrated by the scale, thanks for keeping it real.
  • stephdg89
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean, I felt the same way. There are so many people who start this program and stop after 1 month because they havent seen any results. Your body is taking this time to get used to these workouts so it takes time.

Awesome! Every little bit of motivation helps!
  • znm100
    Options
    Todays workout may have been the most difficult for me so far... I don't know why but I just didn't have the energy today... I had to hit the pause button a couple of times, and even had to eat a small apple before the 'Bonus' round at the end to make it through, but I made it. Glad to not have to see plyo again for 2 weeks though... haha
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Still haven't done plyo, my 10K training has to take precedence. So 2.5 mile run done, with running on the spot, jumping jacks and silly dancing to get my burn to 500.