Where are my fellow P90xers?

Options

Replies

• StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Day 21, which means tomorrow starts my recovery week! Not weighing for another week, hopefully I can hold out!

I'm pretty proud of my efforts so far. I haven't missed a day, I only substituted one workout (did cardio X instead of Kenpo X yesterday... I won't be doing that again though, I hardly burnt any calories!). I am going to start running again, too, just a couple of miles a few days a week to keep it interesting. By the time I finish the program it will be getting cold here and I want a good base before that happens.

The only hiccup has been some crazy chocolate cravings the last couple of days, but I'm keeping it within my calories if I feel I absolutely must treat myself.

I hope you guys are all happy with your efforts. Keep it up, it's how we reach our goals. :)

Not a fan of cardio x either due to getting a very low calorie burn.
  • Cuhejo300
    Options
    Just finishing my second week of P90x and Ive already shredded 7 Lb's. Cant believe I can do pull-ups now, this was unthinkable a couple of months ago.
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Way to go guys! I just finished week three so am moving into my recovery week too. I have not missed a workout- well I have to do kenpo x tonight.

I decided to try tomorrow's yoga without shoes. I wonder if I will lose all my balance skills :laugh:
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Just finishing my second week of P90x and Ive already shredded 7 Lb's. Cant believe I can do pull-ups now, this was unthinkable a couple of months ago.

WTG! That's awesome.
  • Barberini
    Barberini Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Just started the classic version today... arms... falling... off! Haha..
    I had started the program in May and fell off the bandwagon when we had a loss in the family. It feels sooo good to start again! I brought it! :)

Sorry for your loss, but good on you for getting back into it. :) How far in did you get last time? I am on day 18 and having a great time with it, also doing classic but considering starting doubles when I get to phase 2.

Thank you <3 I think I made it about 3 weeks in last time. My hats off to you for considering doubles! :D You can do it!!!
    Day 2 for me... CardioX time! :)

How is your week going so far?
  • Barberini
    Barberini Posts: 140 Member
    Options

Fantastic work! Keep it up.
  • tryinghard71
    Options
    I just finished my second round of P90X. Lost 25 pounds and 9 inches from my waist. I just bought heavier hand weights to challenge me more and also purchased P90X plus. So far I love it. I own a lot of beach body home work outs but P90 is my favorite and the one that I saw the most results. Good luck to all!!!
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Back to it tonight post holiday. :-)

Hope you are all doing well.
  • kalawhon
    kalawhon Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    WTG!! I'm in my 6th week of round 2 and I'm seeing even better results!! LOVE P90x as well!!
    I just finished my second round of P90X. Lost 25 pounds and 9 inches from my waist. I just bought heavier hand weights to challenge me more and also purchased P90X plus. So far I love it. I own a lot of beach body home work outs but P90 is my favorite and the one that I saw the most results. Good luck to all!!!
  • kalawhon
    Options
    Do I still count being on round 2 of P90?.. Anyways since last weigh in, first month of classic.. lost 4 1/2lbs and and 4 inches off body.

This weekend I had a horrible sweet tooth and didn't track any of my foods and I didn't do Kenpo like I was suppose to Sunday... :(
    I did horribly this weekend, but today begins a new day/week, going to do my best!!
    Tonight is chest, shoulders, triceps.. Lets BRING IT!!
  • BryGuy2
    BryGuy2 Posts: 244
    Options

That's awesome! Great work and congrats on continuing to bring it! I love p90x and other BeachBody programs. I am going to be doing Insanity: They Asylum after this round. Can't wait to try that, but right now i'm in love with p90x!
  • BryGuy2
    BryGuy2 Posts: 244
    Options

That's great! It's amazing the results you see so quickly. Keep up the awesome work!
  • tryinghard71
    Options
    WTG!! I'm in my 6th week of round 2 and I'm seeing even better results!! LOVE P90x as well!!

Thank you very much! I actually miss Tony when I do another work out a day or two. Sick and sad. LOL!
  • tryinghard71
    Options

That's awesome! Great work and congrats on continuing to bring it! I love p90x and other BeachBody programs. I am going to be doing Insanity: They Asylum after this round. Can't wait to try that, but right now i'm in love with p90x!

Thanks!!!! It's funny. Now all other workouts seem wimpy to me. I bought 30 day shred and tried it. I was like "That's it??" Really? LOL! Beach Body knows what it is doing for sure!
  • znm100
    znm100 Posts: 148
    Options
    zmn100....how is your shoulder holding up? have you been able to do the routines at all? haven't heard from you in a few days on the board here thought I would check in. :drinker:

Hey thanks for checking in! The shoulder is actually doing ok... it hurt like hell the day i hurt it last week, and then the next day it was only a little sore, then it felt fine... it was weird... I have bad shoulders from playing football for 10 years, so i wasn't suprised, but I am pleasantly surprised that it didn't hold me back going forward. I was out of the house pretty much from thursday to sunday as we had our fantasy football draft this weekend (lots of folks from out of town so we make an event out of it)... didn't eat the best, lots of drinkin', but we did play basketball saturday am so that was a nice workout. Back at it today!
  • znm100
    znm100 Posts: 148
    Options
    Way to go guys! I just finished week three so am moving into my recovery week too. I have not missed a workout- well I have to do kenpo x tonight.

I decided to try tomorrow's yoga without shoes. I wonder if I will lose all my balance skills :laugh:

Yeah i think doing yoga in shoes won't really work... what you can do, ive heard, if you don't like being barefoot, is use those sneakers with the toes in them...
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Yoga continues to frustrate me. Today was not a running day so I burned nothing doing yoga again- I only burn okay if I run first. I was focused on yoga tonight. I was shaking all over the place holding things. I could really feel it. I even had bare feet for the first time (which I hated). I know I am not perfect at the yoga, but really I do not sweat...I get cold. About half way through I was covered in goose pimples and shivering. My feet were like ice cubes. I had to put on a sweater. The house was not that cold, just room temp, which is enough to make me cold- I just feel that I should get hot and sweat like the people in the video. I even made my husband watch the video and me while I was doing it to give me a critique....he said I looked the same as the people in the video except that maybe they had their palm on the floor and I had finger tips- little things like that. What is it with me and yoga?

I hate feet, even my own. I don't really wear sandels. I hate touching my feet. Yoga with bare feet meant I had to constantly look at and touch my bare feet- grosses me out. And my feet got so cold it was stupid. Cold feet is the main reason I require socks year round. I did not notice much of a difference in terms of doing the movements or the balancing. I did fall out a few times, but that is not abnormal for that dancer pose.

Yoga....I will learn to like you yet!!!!!!
  • Cuhejo300
    Options
    Beat my max for every chest and back exercise. Ab ripper X is another story, fifer scissors gets me every time, my stomach is still on fire. I hate but I love it.
  • kalawhon
    Options
    Yoga continues to frustrate me. Today was not a running day so I burned nothing doing yoga again- I only burn okay if I run first. I was focused on yoga tonight. I was shaking all over the place holding things. I could really feel it. I even had bare feet for the first time (which I hated). I know I am not perfect at the yoga, but really I do not sweat...I get cold. About half way through I was covered in goose pimples and shivering. My feet were like ice cubes. I had to put on a sweater. The house was not that cold, just room temp, which is enough to make me cold- I just feel that I should get hot and sweat like the people in the video. I even made my husband watch the video and me while I was doing it to give me a critique....he said I looked the same as the people in the video except that maybe they had their palm on the floor and I had finger tips- little things like that. What is it with me and yoga?

I hate feet, even my own. I don't really wear sandels. I hate touching my feet. Yoga with bare feet meant I had to constantly look at and touch my bare feet- grosses me out. And my feet got so cold it was stupid. Cold feet is the main reason I require socks year round. I did not notice much of a difference in terms of doing the movements or the balancing. I did fall out a few times, but that is not abnormal for that dancer pose.

Yoga....I will learn to like you yet!!!!!!

I was the same way with Yoga, I really disliked it, I'm learning to love it like you said.. It's a LOVE/HATE thing. What I found out that helped me was dimming the lights, lighting a few candles and made sure everything was off my mind so I could focus on Yoga. For the cold feet thing, I'm not sure what you could do, but try to stick with the no socks and hang in there. NOt very great advice but I hope that kind of helped. ha. :./ .. Have a great day!!
  • kalawhon
    Options
    Beat my max for every chest and back exercise. Ab ripper X is another story, fifer scissors gets me every time, my stomach is still on fire. I hate but I love it.

Dido!! :)