Where are my fellow P90xers?

Options

Replies

• shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    Almost done with phase one. In recovery week now. So far I lost 2.5lbs! That is huge for me since I have been trying to lose the last 5lbs forever! I am pretty happy with my results so far. My abs are really starting to show. I just hope I can stick to the diet part for the next 2 months so I can see some really good results.
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Almost done with phase one. In recovery week now. So far I lost 2.5lbs! That is huge for me since I have been trying to lose the last 5lbs forever! I am pretty happy with my results so far. My abs are really starting to show. I just hope I can stick to the diet part for the next 2 months so I can see some really good results.

That's awesome when you finally break through that plateau. Keep up the good work.
  • StarvingDiva
    Options
    Plyo today was brutal after Recovery Week, I felt like it was my first time again. Like I was a PlyoX virgin.Although I will say despite it being brutal I was able to do things longer and better.
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    So last night I was really in the mood to run. I burned almost 1000 calories running and then just skipped plyo figuring I had done enough for the day. Now I feel really guilty...I mean did you commit to p90x or not? So tonight I am going to double up so I do not actually miss a workout.
  • misalillstead
    misalillstead Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Just started the classic version today... arms... falling... off! Haha..
    I had started the program in May and fell off the bandwagon when we had a loss in the family. It feels sooo good to start again! I brought it! :)
  • Barberini
    Barberini Posts: 140 Member
    Options

Congrats! I have a similar 5ish lbs to go so I can relate.

I am in week three so I haven't weighed in yet (made my husband hide the scale until Day 28), but I am starting to notice changes in my body so I am really excited about the next 73 days and what my results could be!
  • Barberini
    Options
    So last night I was really in the mood to run. I burned almost 1000 calories running and then just skipped plyo figuring I had done enough for the day. Now I feel really guilty...I mean did you commit to p90x or not? So tonight I am going to double up so I do not actually miss a workout.

Awesome committment! You should be proud of yourself. And what a great burn from your run! :)
  • Barberini
    Options
    I had started the program in May and fell off the bandwagon when we had a loss in the family. It feels sooo good to start again! I brought it! :)

Sorry for your loss, but good on you for getting back into it. :) How far in did you get last time? I am on day 18 and having a great time with it, also doing classic but considering starting doubles when I get to phase 2.
  • StarvingDiva
    Options
    Holy *kitten* I just did Back & Biceps. Thank god that wasn't in Phase 1 or I would have totally quit. My biceps were junk by the end of that. Unbelievable. Why does Phase 2 seem so much harder for Ab Ripper? Is it because I didn't do it for a week? Wow!

535 burned, I'll take it
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    the weather has not been cooperating. High 80s and 90s (it usually doesn't get this hot-and we don't have A/C). So I haven't been able to workout, I usually work on the house in the mornings.

Should be better next week.
  • moran1917
    Options
    You mean ab ripper can feel harder!!!??? :noway:
  • StarvingDiva
    Options
    You mean ab ripper can feel harder!!!??? :noway:

HAHA! Well during Phase I I felt I was getting much better at it, it wasn't as hard. Then I went on my recovery week where you don't do ab ripper and now it feels like the first time I ever did it in my life. HA!
  • misalillstead
    misalillstead Posts: 407 Member
    Options

Sorry for your loss, but good on you for getting back into it. :) How far in did you get last time? I am on day 18 and having a great time with it, also doing classic but considering starting doubles when I get to phase 2.

Thank you <3 I think I made it about 3 weeks in last time. My hats off to you for considering doubles! :D You can do it!!!
    Day 2 for me... CardioX time! :)
  • moran1917
    Options
    zmn100....how is your shoulder holding up? have you been able to do the routines at all? haven't heard from you in a few days on the board here thought I would check in. :drinker:
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Man I just saw this thread, I'm currently doing Classic day 46. I started with a forum group on July 2nd but everyone sadly dropped off it seems.
  • BryGuy2
    BryGuy2 Posts: 244
    Options

I did plyo on Tuesday AND walked for 5 miles haha! I was so sore the past couple days, but feeling good now. It's okay if you miss a workout or two, it happens, life gets crazy. I still miss workouts, but I decide to make it up like you did. I used to do doubles that way I had my morning workout done in case i missed the second.
  • BryGuy2
    BryGuy2 Posts: 244
    Options
    Man I just saw this thread, I'm currently doing Classic day 46. I started with a forum group on July 2nd but everyone sadly dropped off it seems.

Glad to have ya! That's what I was thinking, there were so many forums that people would not be on very often or they deactivate their account haha! So i'm glad we have this forum! You guys all rock!
  • moran1917
    Options
    Okay. I know the schedule for p90x says to workout from monday to saturday, but sometimes my body just hurts before sunday and I need a day off. Like today. I have a good deal of tension and hurt in my muscles and running and kenpo x will just be too much. But I know I will be ready to do them tomorrow. So does it really matter if I take today off instead of tomorrow?

Also, I just can't do bare feet. I like shoes and socks. In the yoga video they all have bare feet, but I still wear shoes. Does this matter much?
  • StarvingDiva
    Options
    The day off I don't think matters, as long as you take one rest day, I workout Tuesday-Sunday and my rest day is Monday.

As far as no shoes during yoga, I think you are meant to due it barefoot because of the balance moves, obviously if you are wearing sneakers its a lot easier for you to maintain balance while doing royal dancer and leg extension, if you notice when you are barefoot your toes/feet/ankles are fighting to keep your body in balance, whereas if you were wearing sneakers, the sneaker would provide that support.

Here is a good article on it: http://abellayoga.wordpress.com/2006/11/28/why-practice-yoga-barefoot/
  • Barberini
    Options
    Day 21, which means tomorrow starts my recovery week! Not weighing for another week, hopefully I can hold out!

I'm pretty proud of my efforts so far. I haven't missed a day, I only substituted one workout (did cardio X instead of Kenpo X yesterday... I won't be doing that again though, I hardly burnt any calories!). I am going to start running again, too, just a couple of miles a few days a week to keep it interesting. By the time I finish the program it will be getting cold here and I want a good base before that happens.

The only hiccup has been some crazy chocolate cravings the last couple of days, but I'm keeping it within my calories if I feel I absolutely must treat myself.

I hope you guys are all happy with your efforts. Keep it up, it's how we reach our goals. :)