Where are my fellow P90xers?

Options

Replies

• tropikanagirl
    tropikanagirl Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I cant do Yoga yet. Its too hard for me! Hopefully with my third round, I will be able to do it.
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    Ok please be honest, how bad would it be if I skipped yoga today? Is it going to effect my results?
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    To be honest I have never done any yoga before. Next week will be my first adventure into this kind of exercise. You all are scaring me off the yoga dvd :tongue:
  • znm100
    znm100 Posts: 148
    Options
    In the grand scheme of things, I don't think it's going to kill you. I would just caution against skipping workouts, because it's a slippery slope... I haven't skipped one yet, because I know that if I did, I would be much more likely to skip again, then again... and before you know it, they have to cut me out of my house and forklift me onto a flatbed truck :laugh:

If you really don't feel up to yoga... try to do something, anything, instead... maybe the stretch x dvd??
  • znm100
    Options
    To be honest I have never done any yoga before. Next week will be my first adventure into this kind of exercise. You all are scaring me off the yoga dvd :tongue:

don't be scared! Today was only my second time with yoga x, and I could already feel the difference from the last time... just do what you can, you won't be able to do some of the things that they do, but just do everything that you can and you will feel like a million bucks once its all done...
  • shaycat
    Options
    In the grand scheme of things, I don't think it's going to kill you. I would just caution against skipping workouts, because it's a slippery slope... I haven't skipped one yet, because I know that if I did, I would be much more likely to skip again, then again... and before you know it, they have to cut me out of my house and forklift me onto a flatbed truck :laugh:

If you really don't feel up to yoga... try to do something, anything, instead... maybe the stretch x dvd??

I would never skip any of the other dvd's. Either the strength or cardio and I always give 100%. I don't know why I have a block against yoga. Maybe it is because I wont be able to do a lot of what they do and I don't do well with not keeping up. It makes me want to just stop doing it. Maybe I will just do JM yoga meltdown or something short and be more focused next week. I killed all the other workouts so far, and am looking forward to legs tomorrow and Kempo.
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options

I would never skip any of the other dvd's. Either the strength or cardio and I always give 100%. I don't know why I have a block against yoga. Maybe it is because I wont be able to do a lot of what they do and I don't do well with not keeping up. It makes me want to just stop doing it. Maybe I will just do JM yoga meltdown or something short and be more focused next week. I killed all the other workouts so far, and am looking forward to legs tomorrow and Kempo.

Are you afraid of slowing down? That sometimes is my fear when doing the yoga, like am I going to burn enough calories? am I going to see the same results if I am not high energy. There are several moves I cannot do, I cannot do Crane and I cannot do Plough and I can't hold many of the poses as long as Tony and the crew can. But as his mantra says "Do your best and forget the rest" I always want to quit at the 45 min mark, I always feel kind of antsy that I'm not bouncing around or lifting weights. But after the hour and half is done, I feel great, my body feels great. You definitely need a stretch type workout, he says if you can't do yoga, then replace with Stretch.
  • shaycat
    Options

Are you afraid of slowing down? That sometimes is my fear when doing the yoga, like am I going to burn enough calories? am I going to see the same results if I am not high energy. There are several moves I cannot do, I cannot do Crane and I cannot do Plough and I can't hold many of the poses as long as Tony and the crew can. But as his mantra says "Do your best and forget the rest" I always want to quit at the 45 min mark, I always feel kind of antsy that I'm not bouncing around or lifting weights. But after the hour and half is done, I feel great, my body feels great. You definitely need a stretch type workout, he says if you can't do yoga, then replace with Stretch.

I havent even tried it yet. I get one chance a day to workout, that is when my son is napping. Since I had a high calorie day today I used his nap to do cardio. I want to do some yoga when the kids go to bed, but I cant be spending that much time on it. I bet my body would love it, but I need to get stuff done. :ohwell:
  • StarvingDiva
    Options
    YogaX completed. Man will I ever be able to do Plough or Crane. I'm so not flexible, it's even hard for me to do the Warrior pose where you are lifting your leg in the air. My hips are so tight.

But I will say when we finally get to the stretch portion it feels wonderful especially to stretch out the hamstrings and hips.

553 calories burned and I'm done for the day at 7:30 am. WOOHOO!!!

BRING IT PEOPLE!
  • znm100
    Options
    YogaX completed. Man will I ever be able to do Plough or Crane. I'm so not flexible, it's even hard for me to do the Warrior pose where you are lifting your leg in the air. My hips are so tight.

But I will say when we finally get to the stretch portion it feels wonderful especially to stretch out the hamstrings and hips.

BRING IT PEOPLE!

AWESOME!!! it's such a good feeling to get your workout in early, isn't it?
  • znm100
    Options

I havent even tried it yet. I get one chance a day to workout, that is when my son is napping. Since I had a high calorie day today I used his nap to do cardio. I want to do some yoga when the kids go to bed, but I cant be spending that much time on it. I bet my body would love it, but I need to get stuff done. :ohwell:

I'm sure you won't burn as many calories as I did, since I weigh so much more than you, but I burned about 625 calories doing Yoga yesterday, which is about what I would burn in 45 minutes on the eliptical or treadmill, so it is still a great workout, just takes longer... Like you said, if time is an issue and you can't commit 90 minutes, I would do a different, shorter Yoga workout like you suggested, or break this one up in half and do half this time, and the second half next yoga day, and so on...

You are doing fine... just do what you can do, and make sure whatever you are doing you are giving your best effort, and I'm sure you will get amazing results :)
  • BryGuy2
    BryGuy2 Posts: 244
    Options
    @Starving DIVA: Way to bring it! Yoga is going to be tough for awhile, but you will be amazed to see how fast you get better at it. I just love how I feel after doing it.

@Shaycat: Don't be discouraged if you can't or don't feel comfortable with yoga. For some people it's just simply not their thing. It wont drastically affect your results. The only reason I recommend it is because it helps with stability and gives you more core and lower body strength. However, if you absolutely feel like you don't want to do it, replace that workout with X Stretch or maybe even just do half the Yoga DVD. Either way you still give your muscles a good stretch. The X stretch dvd is long as well, but it is VERY important to recover those muscles after these workouts. Just keep doing what you're doing, you're doing awesome! :)
  • BryGuy2
    Options
    Don't ever get discouraged everyone. Some of these workouts are tough and time consuming. I for one have a very hard time fitting these into my schedule with working two jobs. So I sometimes have to switch days to get a shorter workout in or take a rest day on a workout day and workout and on my scheduled rest day.

When I first started p90x I had all the time in the world but was skeptical on yoga, but I did it because Tony highly recommended it along with other folks on the program. It was tough for the first 6 weeks and then I finally started to get better at it. Our bodies aren't used to this new regimen so you need to remember that it's going to take time. Modify as you need to but still try to push yourself that little extra. It's that determination to do better that will get you the results you want. But don't beat yourself up or get off track. You guys can do this!
  • StarvingDiva
    Options

BRING IT PEOPLE!

AWESOME!!! it's such a good feeling to get your workout in early, isn't it?

YES!!!! I have been doing my workouts at around 8:30-9 most days, but I'm really close to finally getting a job after being laid off for almost a year, so I wanted to start waking up earlier to get my workout in by 5ish/6ish so that I can do it before work.
  • BryGuy2
    Options
    Hey guys! I am going to be gone this whole weekend on a fishing trip, so you won't be seeing anything from me this weekend, however I will be logging in. I will talk to you guys either Sunday or Monday, so keep doing your thing. Do your best and what?.... Forget the rest! :D BRING IT!
  • znm100
    Options
    just got done with legs and back and abs... ugh... legs are really hard... good thing is though, some of the biggest muscles in your body are in your legs, so the stronger the legs, the more muscle you will have, and the better off your metabolism will be, in theory.

Making progress on the ab ripper, getting better every time, although i find this one (the one after the leg workout) to be the toughest because so many of the ab exercises are leg intensive and my legs are already shot... Here is a trick that I have found... on the sets where you have to push your legs and butt into the air, it helps if you have something to grab on to behind you... I use the underside of my couch... this allows me to get in several more reps than if I didnt have anything to hold on to... hopefully by the end I will be able to do this without using the couch, but the more you can do now, the better! Happy exercising everyone! Only one more workout then its the best day of the week... OFF DAY!! :)
  • shaycat
    Options
    I also just got done with Legs and back and of coarse ab ripper.
    My booty is going to be SORE tomorrow!

Call me crazy but I love ab ripper X and love that we do it 3 times a week.

I think I need to get a heavier band, I am not feeling those enough. I really want to work up to be able to do pull ups.
  • shaycat
    Options
    I am use to doing abs with Tony.
    Anyone ever do this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVmjhNmvEwo
  • StarvingDiva
    Options
    I also just got done with Legs and back and of coarse ab ripper.
    My booty is going to be SORE tomorrow!

Call me crazy but I love ab ripper X and love that we do it 3 times a week.

I think I need to get a heavier band, I am not feeling those enough. I really want to work up to be able to do pull ups.

The first week I did legs and back I thought, this isn't so bad, or anything I hadn't already done, I did Debbie Siebers Slim in 6 and her Slim series, so I was used to a lot of squats and lunges, so the next day when my a*s and quads were screaming I thought, hmmm I guess he's hitting spots I wasn't hitting. LOL I think it's those skater lunges, holy cow!

I too love ab ripper!

I'm not feeling it enough in my back either, I just have the reddish band that came with the set. I may have to get a tighter band as well.
  • YungBuck
    YungBuck Posts: 50
    Options
    Sorry been away for awhile I think I'm on week eight or nine. I don't have my stuff right in front of me but I think week eight.