Where are my fellow P90xers?

Options

Replies

• znm100
    znm100 Posts: 148
    Options
    just finished shoulders, arms, ab ripper x... it was harder than i remembered... haha... starting to be able to do a little bit more in ab ripper x though... and for a couple of the moves, spread legs sit ups and cross over sit ups, i threw a band around my feet, and when i started to struggle, used that to help myself along a little bit, so i was able to do all 25 of each of those...
  • BryGuy2
    BryGuy2 Posts: 244
    Options
    I love shoulders and arms, I'm a big fan of upper body workouts. Good to hear about ab ripper. It takes time, but once you can do them as they do its a great feeling. I used to be able to do some of them like the african american guy. He is a pro! Wait till you get to chest, shoulders and triceps in the next phase. I LOVE that workout.
  • znm100
    Options
    I love shoulders and arms, I'm a big fan of upper body workouts. Good to hear about ab ripper. It takes time, but once you can do them as they do its a great feeling. I used to be able to do some of them like the african american guy. He is a pro! Wait till you get to chest, shoulders and triceps in the next phase. I LOVE that workout.

yeah that guy is a machine!!
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Just got done Plyo and am I the only one that feels like a complete loser that the one legged man can do more than I can? Holy crap. I can't do the second round of jump squats because my knees don't want to cooperate, the rock star I can't do either, so I just jog in place or do jumping jacks, the jumping squat jacks, I just do jumping jacks. My knees just do not like that jumping high crap. I still burned 585 calories and I was drenched in sweat so I know I'm getting a great workout despite my limitations but I feel bad that I can't do it. I keep having to repeat to myself "Do your best and forget the rest" Thanks Tony! HAHA!
  • StarvingDiva
    Options
    just finished shoulders, arms, ab ripper x... it was harder than i remembered... haha... starting to be able to do a little bit more in ab ripper x though... and for a couple of the moves, spread legs sit ups and cross over sit ups, i threw a band around my feet, and when i started to struggle, used that to help myself along a little bit, so i was able to do all 25 of each of those...

I think the hardest part of shoulders is arms is that last set of TriRise...holy god I have no gas by that point.

Ab Ripper I upped my mason twists yesterday so I ended up doing 355 total exercises. I am like Tony when he says he loves Ab ripper but he hates it. That's my feelings about it as well.
  • StarvingDiva
    Options
    I started this thread, because I love p90x. I started this program back in late 2010 and had awesome results. I spent countless hours planning ahead and it was worth it. I didn't finish a full 90 days, but I brough it hard and got into great shape. The main focus on this thread is to help support each other and share each others knowledge and opinions. I am very knowledgable about the program, BeachBody, nutrition and fitness in general. So please feel free to come to me with any questions.

Please feel free to ask any question, and please come on here if you get discouraged. We all can meet our goals and i'm sure most of us have been in many similar situations that you have been in and can offer support. I'd like to eventually start a group if we can get enough people involved. I can't tell you how excited I am to see so many people checking into this thread. I wasn't sure how many people would join in, but this is exactly what I wanted and it pumps me up!

Keep checking in this thread each day, message me, post on my wall... Tell me your small success, or goals met. Whatever it is. Something that you did that you are proud of. I love to hear these. I don't care what it is.

How is Core synergistics? Is that like Ab Ripper for the next round but with different moves?
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    Day 3 and I am still going strong, sore, very sore, but strong.
    I really enjoyed Plyo. I was able to keep up pretty well. Today was good too, arms and shoulders. I can feel it.
    I did not want to do ab ripper since my lower abs were already killing me. I am glad I pushed though it made me less sore.

I am so happy I decided to do this program now. It is making me feel so strong. I am also glad I did some lifting before this. Otherwise I wouldn't know the right form of weights to use.
  • znm100
    Options
    Day 3 and I am still going strong, sore, very sore, but strong.
    I really enjoyed Plyo. I was able to keep up pretty well. Today was good too, arms and shoulders. I can feel it.
    I did not want to do ab ripper since my lower abs were already killing me. I am glad I pushed though it made me less sore.

I am so happy I decided to do this program now. It is making me feel so strong. I am also glad I did some lifting before this. Otherwise I wouldn't know the right form of weights to use.

great job! Yeah you always feel sooo much better when you're done... its a great feeling!
  • kalawhon
    kalawhon Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Job well done girl!! You are right, you just made the best decision of your life doing this P90X challenge! I know for sure It's made a DRAMATIC change in me, my body, and family. It feels awesome to be in great shape!! Keep pushing it girl. BTW Plyos is a great workout, love me some Plyos!! xoxo-Kim
  • kalawhon
    kalawhon Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    So today is Yoga, may skip the yoga and do Core synergetics tonight. Haven't done that one in a while!
    I found out Tuesday I lost another lb in 1 week, can you say suprised!!! seems like I'm dropping lbs by the week and I am LOVING it! Being in my 2nd Round of P90X has made me feel 10x better than the firs round and I'm so much stronger and motivated!
    Busting butt to get the body I deserve!! Heck yeah... Lets do the dang thing!! Kim :)
  • kam5507
    kam5507 Posts: 40
    Options
    Just got done Plyo and am I the only one that feels like a complete loser that the one legged man can do more than I can? Holy crap. I can't do the second round of jump squats because my knees don't want to cooperate, the rock star I can't do either, so I just jog in place or do jumping jacks, the jumping squat jacks, I just do jumping jacks. My knees just do not like that jumping high crap. I still burned 585 calories and I was drenched in sweat so I know I'm getting a great workout despite my limitations but I feel bad that I can't do it. I keep having to repeat to myself "Do your best and forget the rest" Thanks Tony! HAHA!

I feel ya.. I am the queen of modifying when I have too!! SLowly feeling a difference and doing more!
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I can't do any cardio for a few days so I'm going to go legs tonight and arms tomorrow. Should be Ok. Get rested up and ready for my 5K on Sunday.

hope you are all doing well.
  • znm100
    Options
    So today is Yoga, may skip the yoga and do Core synergetics tonight. Haven't done that one in a while!
    I found out Tuesday I lost another lb in 1 week, can you say suprised!!! seems like I'm dropping lbs by the week and I am LOVING it! Being in my 2nd Round of P90X has made me feel 10x better than the firs round and I'm so much stronger and motivated!
    Busting butt to get the body I deserve!! Heck yeah... Lets do the dang thing!! Kim :)

Yeah, I am not looking forward to Yoga today... It is hard as hell, but I do feel good afterwards... I just wish it wasn't so damn long!
  • BryGuy2
    Options
    Thats awesome Kim! Way to go! I really enjoy this program, because it keeps you on your feet and it's fun. I like this a lot better than going to the gym. Yoga is so long and tough at first, but I really like Core Syngersistics. That's a great work out. We'll see how yoga goes tonight with everyone that is on it. Keep up the awesome work guys!
  • BryGuy2
    Options
    Great to hear you're making that progress Kam. Keep it up! You're doing great!
  • BryGuy2
    Options
    How is Core synergistics? Is that like Ab Ripper for the next round but with different moves?

Core Synergistics is much different from Ab Ripper. It doesn't focus just on your abs. It's basically all on your core, but he emphasises tightening those abs while performing the workouts to help get that extra work on the abs. It's a great workout! I may do that in place of yoga tonight if I dont have a lot of time for yoga.
  • BryGuy2
    Options
    Good luck on your 5K Lisa! Let us know how it goes!
  • jonwv
    jonwv Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Just started my journey 2 days ago...looking forward to it.
  • znm100
    Options
    Just started my journey 2 days ago...looking forward to it.

Welcome Jon! What workout are you on today? Shoulders, Arms, and Abs?
  • BryGuy2
    Options
    Welcome John! How are the workouts going so far?