Where are my fellow P90xers?

Options

Replies

• medica92
    medica92 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey, guys... today is my 3rd day of p90x Lean Version. And I can tell you that I feel great. I can do almost everything as they, and it's not to hard. Maybe because I was doing Insanity for 2 weeks before I started this program, but my knees start hurting so I stop. I had waited for 10 day and started with p90x. Wish me luck. I really want to finish this program. :)
    P.S. I am sorry if my English is bad. ^_^
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Week 2 starts today. Made the mistake of weighting myself and I'm my heaviest ever - can only assume its my muscles being full of water or something. Scale is going in the cupboard tonight!
  • znm100
    znm100 Posts: 148
    Options
    I'm in week five of p90x with my husband and while I have noticed a huge change in my flexibility and measurements, haven't seen a huge weight loss. I am trying to combine the program with additional yoga and swimming plus a ton of yard work. Praying every day the scale will start to work with me.....

A couple pieces of advice that I was given that, if true, would be applicable to you...

1) If you are doing everything correctly, then you probably won't see a loss on the scale until the second month. This is a tough program, and you are destroying your muscles, and rebuilding them, and doing that causes a lot of water retention in the muscles. You will FEEL better though (after the soreness starts to go away!) At least I hope this is the case, as I gained about 4 lbs in my first week :/

2) P90X is a self contained program. You really shouldn't be doing anything else outside of the program exercise wise, or it could lead to over training and hinder your progress or even cause injuries.
  • znm100
    Options
    Hey, guys... today is my 3rd day of p90x Lean Version. And I can tell you that I feel great. I can do almost everything as they, and it's not to hard. Maybe because I was doing Insanity for 2 weeks before I started this program, but my knees start hurting so I stop. I had waited for 10 day and started with p90x. Wish me luck. I really want to finish this program. :)

Welcome!
  • znm100
    Options
    Week 2 starts today. Made the mistake of weighting myself and I'm my heaviest ever - can only assume its my muscles being full of water or something. Scale is going in the cupboard tonight!

yeah, i have put on some weight as well... :( stick with it! It has to start going the other way soon, right? :)
  • BryGuy2
    BryGuy2 Posts: 244
    Options
    You guys are motivating me and making me a bit nervous.
    I finish ChaLean Extreme today. I loved that program. Then I thought I wold take a week off of programs and start P90x next Monday.
    Plyo sounds love. I love stuff like that. I am just concerned about how long each workout is. It will be hard for me to workout for an hour on Saturdays.
    Anyways I am sure I will be back here for support once I start. I cant wait!

It can be hard for me to workout on some days. I work two jobs, so I have to get some workouts in late at night and get up super early in the morning. I do whatever I have to with getting a workout in each day. P90x is an awesome program, but it's not easy. We are all here for your support and motivation! Good luck and keep us posted :)
  • BryGuy2
    Options
    I'm at the end of week 1 of the P90X / Turbo Fire Hybrid schedule.

I completed P90X Lean last Spring (woo hoo!)

I got 6 weeks into Turbo Fire this summer before I was sidelined for about 6 weeks with an injury.

I'm looking forward to completing the P90X/TF hybrid schedule! I took out the Yoga sessions and subbed Turbo Fire Fire 45 EZ sessions and I'm combining the P90X nutrition plan with the calorie counter on here.

Welcome back to P90x, I'm returing after being off for over a year and it is TOUGH getting back into it. I have heard good things about Turbo Fire. I'm sure that will give some great variety in the hybrid schedule. Glad to hear you made it through you injur and getting back on it! Hope your workouts are going great!
  • BryGuy2
    Options
    I find CardioX to be the easiest workout from P90x. Not much of a fan of it. I love Kempo, I do it with weight gloves.

I agree that CardioX is the easierst workout. Kenpo is easy, but you get a much better workout than with Cardio X. I do either one of them if I dont have a lot of time and want to get a quick cardio workout in. Usually late at night when i don't have a lot of energy arter a long day.
  • BryGuy2
    Options
    I'm in week five of p90x with my husband and while I have noticed a huge change in my flexibility and measurements, haven't seen a huge weight loss. I am trying to combine the program with additional yoga and swimming plus a ton of yard work. Praying every day the scale will start to work with me.....

I never focused on my weight when I was on this program previously. Your weight is going to fluctuate like crazy with burning fat and gaining muscle in the process. Focus on those other results of flexibility and measurements. Those are great results. I noticed more physical results after about 7-8 weeks into the program. You especially dont want to look at the scale everyday. If anything, once a week. That way your not so discouraged when you don't like the results you see.
  • BryGuy2
    Options

Oh i'm sure after Insanity that p90x is much easier. I did the FIT test of Insanity earlier this year and that was tough. But of course, Insanity is more cardio based than p90x. Glad to have you and keep us posted on your workouts!
  • BryGuy2
    Options

Sorry to hear that Lisa, but hey you can do this. There can be many reasons why you're at that point, but don't get dicouraged.
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    I did my first day today and I LOVED it.

I know with starting a new routine you can put on a few pounds of water weight in the beginning. I will keep that in mind and try not to worry about it. I am going to try to stick to the diet as close as possible so I know I am doing everything right.

I am really excited for the next 90 days. CLX was the perfect program for me to lead up to this. The workout today didnt even seem to long which was my biggest concern. Next week I think I will use heavier weights. I wanted to start kind of low the first time, but I still got that burn. :smile:
  • znm100
    Options
    I did my first day today and I LOVED it.

I know with starting a new routine you can put on a few pounds of water weight in the beginning. I will keep that in mind and try not to worry about it. I am going to try to stick to the diet as close as possible so I know I am doing everything right.

I am really excited for the next 90 days. CLX was the perfect program for me to lead up to this. The workout today didnt even seem to long which was my biggest concern. Next week I think I will use heavier weights. I wanted to start kind of low the first time, but I still got that burn. :smile:

nice work on your first day!

Yeah I wish I would have done a shorter, less intense program to start before getting into p90X to build up my strength, but too late for that now!!
  • BryGuy2
    Options
    It's a very intense program to start. The very first time I started I had to do workouts every 2-3 days for the first couple weeks, then start officially because I got so sore haha! But congrats on your first day!
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    It's a very intense program to start. The very first time I started I had to do workouts every 2-3 days for the first couple weeks, then start officially because I got so sore haha! But congrats on your first day!

Thanks!
    I did Insanity, then ChaLean extreme, so I am pretty use to working out hard. I was the most intimidated my P90x, but I am glad I started. I hope I am not too sore tomorrow.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    W2D1 done! Avoided ab ripper though as have hurt my stomach somehow. Will try and do it tomorrow instead. :-)
  • stephdg89
    stephdg89 Posts: 37
    Options
    I am on day 1 of week 4. So far have lost 4 lbs since beginning. I also run on my "off" day and add in a jillian michaels 30 day shred when I have the "easier" days (kenpo, cardio x, and with yoga since I want some cardio for the day). I really want to lose around 10 lbs and at least 1 size.

height:5'2
    bmi: 22.5

And edited to add my current weight- 123lbs
  • znm100
    Options
    W2D1 done! Avoided ab ripper though as have hurt my stomach somehow. Will try and do it tomorrow instead. :-)

nice work!
  • znm100
    Options
    I am on day 1 of week 4. So far have lost 4 lbs since beginning. I also run on my "off" day and add in a jillian michaels 30 day shred when I have the "easier" days (kenpo, cardio x, and with yoga since I want some cardio for the day). I really want to lose around 10 lbs and at least 1 size.

height:5'2
    bmi: 22.5

And edited to add my current weight- 123lbs

nice, keep up the good work!
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Hi. I just joined the beachbody group today. I have been working out to get in shape to do p90x. I did the fit test yesterday and passed with flying colours (when I bought the dvd set a few months back I was not able). I plan to start it next Monday, July 30th. Yesterday I also did the plyo and cardio x dvd's just to see what the pacing and such is. I was surprised that I was able to keep up with everything and only had to modify one of the jump moves in plyo (I was getting dizzy doing the 180 squat jumps where you also touch the floor, had to stop touching the floor and just focus on the jump to prevent nausea). This week I am finishing another program then right into p90x next week.
    stats to come, will re-do my measurements and weight on Sunday when I complete Body revolution and then do my before pics for p90x.