Where are my fellow P90xers?

Options

Replies

• kalawhon
    kalawhon Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I just started Round 2 of P90X last Monday. I got GREAT results my first round and very excited to see what my results are for this go round.
    I'm doing Classic Lean, trying to eat healthier this round, and really watch what I eat, so far so good!

Name: Kim
    Weight: 132
    Heigth: 5'6

Thanks!!

welcome!
  • kalawhon
    kalawhon Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Yeah it's been hard going up/down stairs and getting in and out of my office chair haha! But i'm glad it's Shoulder and Arms today.

Ab ripper is killer, but after awhile you get used to it. It's amazing to see how fast you progress.

Haha that sounded like my girl Kim who was hurting yesterday. :)

ARX will def. result into some great abs once you get the hang of it! Love ARX!

Tonight I'm skipping Yoga and may do a walk or switch to Kenpo! Not sure...
    Y'all have a great day!
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I do not hurt from the arms workout, weird. It will probably hit tomorrow. tonight I'm doing some very beginner level interval running and then some of the yoga. not all, for sure as its a long vid but I'l like to see what its all about.

:-)
  • znm100
    znm100 Posts: 148
    Options
    Extremely sore today... I feel like someone beat me with a bat. Can't wait until the soreness goes away, the workouts will be much more pleasant then :)

Yoga today, hopefully that will stretch out some of the soreness, but will probably create new soreness in its place... I am NOT looking forward to the legs and back workout and ab ripper tomorrow... my legs are really struggling, with my abs coming in a strong second in that race... hopefully they will feel better by tomorrow. One day at a time is all we can do!
  • kam5507
    kam5507 Posts: 40
    Options
    Gonna give Yoga my best shot tonight, my whole body is sore... except for my arms, very odd!
    I too can't wait til this soreness is gone so I can enjoy my workouts more. I was starving in the middle of the night last night.
    Woke up this morning and I am not hungry, haven't been able to eat anything yet.
  • znm100
    Options
    Gonna give Yoga my best shot tonight, my whole body is sore... except for my arms, very odd!
    I too can't wait til this soreness is gone so I can enjoy my workouts more. I was starving in the middle of the night last night.
    Woke up this morning and I am not hungry, haven't been able to eat anything yet.

Yeah I have felt the same way... i think its best to choke down at least a big glass of water and something small, like a banana, just to get something in you for your body to work on until you are actually hungry :)
  • BryGuy2
    BryGuy2 Posts: 244
    Options
    My legs are killing me from Plyo on Tuesday, I feel like an old gimp because I walk funny haha! Didnt have the chance to do Shoulders and Arms last night, but will do x Stretch tonight to work out all of this soreness.

The past two weeks have basically been getting my body used to the workouts and the soreness out. By next week I should be ready to do these workouts each day with no soreness. Cant wait for that! Other than that I have been eating well and losing the water weight.

I'm bummed I couldnt get the summer body I wanted, but that doesnt mean I can't still get that body.
  • BryGuy2
    Options
    i actually just started doing p90x and insanity both. im trying to do insanity in the morning and p90x in the evening. its very difficult. i completed 5 weeks of insanity a few months ago and somehow slipped out of it, but im ready to get back in and get the results.

my stats

height: 6'2"
    weight 218
    bmi 27

good luck and stay strong!

I was going to do Insanity: The Asylum and p90x together last year, but never got to that point. I want to finish a round of p90x, then The Asylum and after those two rounds do some hybrids. I'm excite for Asylum, i've been anxious to do it since I bought it a year ago.
  • kam5507
    Options
    My legs are killing me from Plyo on Tuesday, I feel like an old gimp because I walk funny haha! Didnt have the chance to do Shoulders and Arms last night, but will do x Stretch tonight to work out all of this soreness.

The past two weeks have basically been getting my body used to the workouts and the soreness out. By next week I should be ready to do these workouts each day with no soreness. Cant wait for that! Other than that I have been eating well and losing the water weight.

I'm bummed I couldnt get the summer body I wanted, but that doesnt mean I can't still get that body.

I was originally gonna start in December or January.. mad at myself for waiting so long. But in the end it will be worth it! We'll all have those rocking bodies for next summer ;)
  • kam5507
    Options

Yeah I have felt the same way... i think its best to choke down at least a big glass of water and something small, like a banana, just to get something in you for your body to work on until you are actually hungry :)

I have drank a bottle of water, and made some oatmeal.. don't know how good that is. I am horrible with the nutrition. Not that I eat that badly, I just have a hard time eating this much
  • znm100
    Options
    That sounds good to me! I do my workouts at lunch, so I tend to eat a large breakfast to help get me through the workout... I think the key is you just eat something!
  • BryGuy2
    Options
    I was originally gonna start in December or January.. mad at myself for waiting so long. But in the end it will be worth it! We'll all have those rocking bodies for next summer ;)

Same here! It's been my new years goal since December, but I still have the rest of the year to accomplish haha! Let's get ready for next summer!
  • BryGuy2
    Options
    I think the key is you just eat something!

This is very important. We need to make sure we keep our bodies fueled to get us through the day and even our workouts. I do mine in the afternoon after ive had a protein bar and some fruit, then I have a pre workout drink.
  • kam5507
    Options
    I do mine at night around 8:30, it's the only time I really get a chance! After my work out.. I am SOOOO hungry!
  • znm100
    Options
    I do mine at night around 8:30, it's the only time I really get a chance! After my work out.. I am SOOOO hungry!

You should save some calories at dinner (which I assume you eat before your workout), for after... Carbs help to refuel and repair muscles and (are supposed to) help with taming soreness and aid in recovery. I would think some after workout fruit would do your body good... But again, I'm no nutritionist :)
  • kam5507
    Options

You should save some calories at dinner (which I assume you eat before your workout), for after... Carbs help to refuel and repair muscles and (are supposed to) help with taming soreness and aid in recovery. I would think some after workout fruit would do your body good... But again, I'm no nutritionist :)

Thanks, I will keep that in mind. I have to really do some meal planning and snack planning before I go grociery shopping this weekend. I made an eggwhite omelet with veggies for dinner last night..... has anyone used the carton eggwhites? are they okay, sometimes I don't have time to sit there and separate the eggs. I think I would do it more if I could pour it out of a carton ha
  • znm100
    Options
    I use them for breakfast every morning... they taste perfectly fine to me... I usually make a breakfast sandwhich with a double fiber english muffin, egg whites, a weight watchers string cheese, and turkey sausage. I break up the string cheese, drop in in the pan, pour the egg whites around it, fold it over, and you are good to go!
  • kam5507
    Options
    I use them for breakfast every morning... they taste perfectly fine to me... I usually make a breakfast sandwhich with a double fiber english muffin, egg whites, a weight watchers string cheese, and turkey sausage. I break up the string cheese, drop in in the pan, pour the egg whites around it, fold it over, and you are good to go!

Sounds yummmm!
  • BryGuy2
    Options
    That DOES sound good! Something new to try :)
  • znm100
    Options
    Just finished Yoga X... first time doing any kind of Yoga, ever... it was HARD... I will now have to remember to apologize to anyone I have ever made fun of for doing Yoga...