Where are my fellow P90xers?

Options

Replies

• Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I'm bad and skipped exercise tonight, too sore on the chest to run and too grumpy for yoga. Sigh.
  • kam5507
    kam5507 Posts: 40
    Options
    Just finished Yoga X... first time doing any kind of Yoga, ever... it was HARD... I will now have to remember to apologize to anyone I have ever made fun of for doing Yoga...

Yoga is hard, I tried it once at the gym and thought I was gonna die lol!
    Did you make it through the whole thing? I know the P90 Yoga is very long.. I know I prob wont
    be able to do all of it

Good job!
  • znm100
    znm100 Posts: 148
    Options
    yeah, it was about an hour and a half... really long... but I did make it through... a few of the things I couldn't do, or do as well as they were doing, but hopefully by the end of 90 days I will be able to do everything... baby steps!
  • kam5507
    Options
    yeah, it was about an hour and a half... really long... but I did make it through... a few of the things I couldn't do, or do as well as they were doing, but hopefully by the end of 90 days I will be able to do everything... baby steps!

This is so awesome and inspires me for my Yoga X tonight!
  • ericshofe
    ericshofe Posts: 5
    Options
    im def ready for today. ive got pretty good soreness in my legs and arms from doing both programs, but the more you do it the easier it gets and the more your body adjusts to it. have to make sure to consume lots of protein tho!
  • ericshofe
    Options
    well my day was completed. i burned almost 900 calories.

i did 45 min of the p90x shoulder chest workout and the full cardio power and resistance of insanity, and to top it off, i did level one of jillian michaels 30 day shred with my girlie.

i feel like a machine today, but im sure as hell going to feel it in the morn.

well this concludes my update for all of you for the day. get those bodies into gear and burn them calories.

may the force be with you!<--- wow i sound like a nerd.
  • znm100
    Options
    well my day was completed. i burned almost 900 calories.

i did 45 min of the p90x shoulder chest workout and the full cardio power and resistance of insanity, and to top it off, i did level one of jillian michaels 30 day shred with my girlie.

i feel like a machine today, but im sure as hell going to feel it in the morn.

well this concludes my update for all of you for the day. get those bodies into gear and burn them calories.

may the force be with you!<--- wow i sound like a nerd.

Nice work!
  • ericshofe
    Options
    Thanks man! how is your journey going for you? sore?
  • znm100
    Options
    very, although I actually feel a little bit less sore after the yoga, but i'm sure it will kick back in again in the morning... hopefully by mid next week I wont be sore anymore and can enjoy these workouts a little better
  • LadyAshes
    LadyAshes Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Just completed week 2 and love it! I am not following the diet plan but i love the workouts. Tony Horton is the man!
    Feel free to add me as a buddy. Oh ya about yoga.... I hate it so I do CardioX instead.
  • BryGuy2
    BryGuy2 Posts: 244
    Options
    Just finished Yoga X... first time doing any kind of Yoga, ever... it was HARD... I will now have to remember to apologize to anyone I have ever made fun of for doing Yoga...

I said this very same thing the first time I did p90x Yoga haha! It is TOUGH, but after awhile you do get used to it. After 2 months I was able to do the crane for about 5 seconds haha! That one is the toughest.

I don't usually replace workouts and I know Yoga is a extremely long, but if you have the time, I recommend you do it. It helps with flexibility and stability. So many things become easier after Yoga. So as long and hard as it is, it's definitely worth it.

The main thing you all need to know is these workouts are not easy and there will be some moves you can't perform all the way, so it's going to take time to get to that point.

As Tony Hornton says," Modify, Modify, Modify if you have to." It's better to modify than not do it at all. You need to work your way up. "Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither was your body." Let's keep brining it everyone, you're doing great!
  • kam5507
    Options

I said this very same thing the first time I did p90x Yoga haha! It is TOUGH, but after awhile you do get used to it. After 2 months I was able to do the crane for about 5 seconds haha! That one is the toughest.

I don't usually replace workouts and I know Yoga is a extremely long, but if you have the time, I recommend you do it. It helps with flexibility and stability. So many things become easier after Yoga. So as long and hard as it is, it's definitely worth it.

The main thing you all need to know is these workouts are not easy and there will be some moves you can't perform all the way, so it's going to take time to get to that point.

As Tony Hornton says," Modify, Modify, Modify if you have to." It's better to modify than not do it at all. You need to work your way up. "Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither was your body." Let's keep brining it everyone, you're doing great!

BELIEVE me I def Modified! HA! I am however looking toward the day where I won't have to. I know alot of people replace the Yoga, but it is in there for a reason. It is important
  • znm100
    Options
    Yeah, I am not a fan of replacing workouts either, but that is just me... its more mental for me than anything... plus I am assuming that the folks at Beachbody who do this for a living, know better than I do :) I figure if I hate a workout, its because it is hard, and being hard isn't a reason to not do something... Some people my have to modify, or substitute even, to fit their physical limitations or schedule, and that is fine... doing something is better than doing nothing!
  • kam5507
    Options
    My thing is to try and stay on track over the weekend. This is my first weekend tracking my foods and working out.
    I hope I can stay focused! My hubby only comes home on weekends right now, he is away for his work and he likes
    to just veg in front of tv and hang out with the fam and also likes to eat crap! I need to not fall in the rut this weekend.
    And how he is 6'1 at 170lbs I have no clue lol
  • kam5507
    Options
    I WILL KEEP MY FOCUS!
    Maybe it will help if I keep saying it?
  • znm100
    Options
    My thing is to try and stay on track over the weekend. This is my first weekend tracking my foods and working out.
    I hope I can stay focused! My hubby only comes home on weekends right now, he is away for his work and he likes
    to just veg in front of tv and hang out with the fam and also likes to eat crap! I need to not fall in the rut this weekend.

Just make sure to take about 60 minutes for yourself on saturday, and do your workout. You can veg all day with him on Sunday if you want, you don't have to do crap! Take that time, do your workout, and if you want to eat what he is eating, go for it, its the weekend... just eat small portions... I know, easier said than done...
  • kam5507
    Options

Just make sure to take about 60 minutes for yourself on saturday, and do your workout. You can veg all day with him on Sunday if you want, you don't have to do crap! Take that time, do your workout, and if you want to eat what he is eating, go for it, its the weekend... just eat small portions... I know, easier said than done...

Thanks will do!
  • BryGuy2
    BryGuy2 Posts: 244
    Options
    When a workout is hard to me and I feel like I can't do it, that motivates me even more to work at it until I can. There's no better feeling than that sense of accomplishment.

You guys are doing great! You're logging in, doing your best at the workouts and taking that initiative to try.

The weekends are hard for me too. But I just try my best to make the best decision for whatever situation i'm in. This weekend will be hard for me. Date night tonight at the movies, then work all day tomorrow and hanging out with the girl, so i'm not sure when i'll be able to fit in workouts or what i'll have to eat. So i'm definitely going to try my best.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    So looking forward to tonights leg workout. Can't push it too hard though as have a long run planned for tomorrow in prep for next weekends 5K.
  • znm100
    Options
    legs and back and abs... just as I thought, was hard as hell... the legs part was very hard for me... the back wasn't hard because I used bands (I can't do a pull up yet)... ab ripper x, still super hard, but I think I might have gotten a few extra reps in there over last time... had a nice calorie burn of over 800 calories for the workout though, which makes me smile :)