Where are my fellow P90xers?

Options

Replies

• moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Hey guys. I have to hit my own personal pause button on p90x. I think it will just be this week. I did the first two workouts. But today I was in a car accident. The other driver ran a red light and wrote off my car. I am stiff and have a massive headache and super stiffness all over. I am just going to walk my dogs for the rest of this week and then re-start this week next week. Hope you all have a good week of workouts!!!!
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    OMG Moran. I hope you are okay? I just got hit about a month ago, It really irritated me as my car is fairly new and I'm still paying for it.

Hang in there, do your best and forget the rest!
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Shoulders & Arms / Ab Ripper X today

I was so not motivated this morning. It took everything I had to get through that workout. This started last week and I can't seem to shake it. I feel tired and run down. I suppose this program has gotten the best of me. I will be so happy when these next 18 days are over.

You are doing great, one of the few that I've seen stick with it this long on the first try. I started with a group of 23 on the forums and I'm the only one left. So you are the top 5% who stuck with it .

Also if you leave town and come back and finish you still finished you didn't "flunk" :)
  • vtmoon
    Options
    Hey guys. I have to hit my own personal pause button on p90x. I think it will just be this week. I did the first two workouts. But today I was in a car accident. The other driver ran a red light and wrote off my car. I am stiff and have a massive headache and super stiffness all over. I am just going to walk my dogs for the rest of this week and then re-start this week next week. Hope you all have a good week of workouts!!!!

I'm sorry to hear that :(

Hope you feel beter soon.
  • znm100
    znm100 Posts: 148
    Options
    Hey Everyone, I'm back... I haven't been logging in or doing the workouts since last Thursday. My Grandma passed away, and I had to leave town. I just got back, and I plan on just picking up with the P90X calendar today, since this was to be my 'recovery week' anyways...

anyways, glad to be back... hope everyone is doing well
  • vtmoon
    Options
    Hey Everyone, I'm back... I haven't been logging in or doing the workouts since last Thursday. My Grandma passed away, and I had to leave town. I just got back, and I plan on just picking up with the P90X calendar today, since this was to be my 'recovery week' anyways...

Sorry for your loss man.
  • StarvingDiva
    Options

Sorry about your grandmother. Its so wonderful that even in such sad time you are right back at it, You are awesome dude.
  • StarvingDiva
    Options
    Kenpox with weighted gloves made me a little pukey today! HA! I haven't done Kenpo in about 3 weeks, every day I was suppose to I ended up doing some other type workout so I haven't done Kenpo in so long. I was drenched in sweat afterwards.. Felt great.
    I can't believe next week I start Phase 3 WOW!
  • Barberini
    Barberini Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Shoulders & Arms / Ab Ripper X today

I was so not motivated this morning. It took everything I had to get through that workout. This started last week and I can't seem to shake it. I feel tired and run down. I suppose this program has gotten the best of me. I will be so happy when these next 18 days are over.

You are so close, Kel! Think of how far you have come, and how proud you will be when you can say you finished. You should already be proud to make it to day 72! You can do this, you did so well so keep pressing play despite feeling like you were in a funk. If you are feeling run down maybe you should try eating a bit more, or treat yourself to something. The end is so close, I have absolute faith that you can make it. It almost seems silly to come this far and not make it to the end.
  • Barberini
    Options

Oh no! I am so sorry to hear! I am glad you were not seriously injured. Make sure you take the time you need to recover. :/
  • Barberini
    Options

So, so sorry for your loss.
  • Barberini
    Options
    Kenpox with weighted gloves made me a little pukey today! HA! I haven't done Kenpo in about 3 weeks, every day I was suppose to I ended up doing some other type workout so I haven't done Kenpo in so long. I was drenched in sweat afterwards.. Felt great.
    I can't believe next week I start Phase 3 WOW!

Kenpo X is waaaaay harder with weighted gloves! Nice work.
  • kel7298
    kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your motivation and comments. I will not quit regardless how bad or funky I am. Only 16 more days!

SD - Kempo with weighted gloves - OMG!

Znm - Sorry about your grandmother

Morgan - hope you feel better soon.

Nicole - already looking into the next program - Props to you!
  • znm100
    Options
    thanks for the kind words everyone...

I did Stretch X for the first time yesterday. Actually a little harder than I expected, although not difficult by any means, I did break a little bit of a sweat. I wish it was only 30 minutes long, I would do it much more often.

Have a good day everyone
  • StarvingDiva
    Options
    thanks for the kind words everyone...

I did Stretch X for the first time yesterday. Actually a little harder than I expected, although not difficult by any means, I did break a little bit of a sweat. I wish it was only 30 minutes long, I would do it much more often.

Have a good day everyone

I wasn't a fan of it as much due to not a lot of calorie burns. I am suppose to do it today but I'm opting for YogaX, still really good stretches but more of a calorie burn. I'm a calorie burn *kitten*.
  • kel7298
    kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options

I wasn't a fan of it as much due to not a lot of calorie burns. I am suppose to do it today but I'm opting for YogaX, still really good stretches but more of a calorie burn. I'm a calorie burn *kitten*.

me too me too (wow I have never been a *kitten* before)
  • znm100
    Options
    yeah i think that is a lot of peoples issue with it... I don't think it was made to burn calories... just something to improve flexibility and overall health... if you think about it like, 'hey, it was going to be a day off anyways', then i think then it lives up to expectations :)

I did Core Synergistics today... damn that is hard... works everything... I bet you could do just that DVD 4 times a week and get in great shape...
  • znm100
    Options

Hey Moran, how are you feeling?
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options

Hey Moran, how are you feeling?

Hey guys, I am doing okay. I am stiff and tense through my back and shoulders, having some trouble with headaches. I think I'll be good to go on Monday. Everyday I feel calmer and more back to normal. Thanks for asking.
  • vtmoon
    Options
    So doing Yoga X after doing bicep and back with upped wight was no fun, my biceps were on fire and just took the burn to a whole new level during Yoga.

Going to try Kenpo X with weights on my arms tomorrow and see how that goes.