Where are my fellow P90xers?

Options

Replies

• StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Just finished Plyo. Still hate this workout. HAHA!

I cannot believe i'm almost in another recovery week. WOW! Time flies when you are killing it with Tony!
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    This week was the start of Phase 3 for me, so I figured I would up the weights. I am hurting like crazy from Chest & back. I did notice though 20 pushes are becoming a breeze.

Took pictures and doing measurements tomorrow, hoping to see some good results.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Day 65 - Shoulders & Arms / Ab Ripper X - Upped all my weights today....nailed it!

Nice, the extra weight definitely bring back the struggle with reps.
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Okay so, the two new workouts in phase two totally kicked my butt. Today went better than Monday. I held it together and got through everything without any pauses (well except to pause to see what the movement was so I could choose a weight). The new tension band is a killer :smile: love it!! I am way closer to the door now, can only do like 15 reps, and can move back a fair amount as I improve. Again my calories are higher than any other p90x workout- even beat Monday by 10!

I actually lifted to failure every time tonight just like Monday. WOW, do I feel that!! Three times I had to put the weights down and get a lighter weight. Ab ripper x felt familiar again and went better.

I missed plyo last night because I was working out of town, had a 14 hour day, and only managed 2 hours sleep the night before. I am going to tack it on to yoga tomorrow or kenpo on Saturday.

I can see why back and biceps would make you want to quit, but there will be no quitting!!
  • StarvingDiva
    Options
    Okay so, the two new workouts in phase two totally kicked my butt. Today went better than Monday. I held it together and got through everything without any pauses (well except to pause to see what the movement was so I could choose a weight). The new tension band is a killer :smile: love it!! I am way closer to the door now, can only do like 15 reps, and can move back a fair amount as I improve. Again my calories are higher than any other p90x workout- even beat Monday by 10!

I actually lifted to failure every time tonight just like Monday. WOW, do I feel that!! Three times I had to put the weights down and get a lighter weight. Ab ripper x felt familiar again and went better.

I missed plyo last night because I was working out of town, had a 14 hour day, and only managed 2 hours sleep the night before. I am going to tack it on to yoga tomorrow or kenpo on Saturday.

I can see why back and biceps would make you want to quit, but there will be no quitting!!

RIIGGGHHHHTTTT??? Back and Biceps is definitely brutal, I can't imagine ever being able to do it in Phase 1. HA! I had it this morning and it was brutal. Next week is recovery week again. WOOHOO!
  • RobJSoccer
    RobJSoccer Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Ya'll are killing it! Way to go people!
  • kel7298
    kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    This week was the start of Phase 3 for me, so I figured I would up the weights. I am hurting like crazy from Chest & back. I did notice though 20 pushes are becoming a breeze.

Looks like we started at the same time!

Day 66 here. KempoX as I don't have enough time on the weekdays for YogaX. Will do that Sat.

Question - I have to go out of town for 5 days on my 87th day. I can stay active, but I can't do P90X. Can I just resume when I get back or will I have "flunked"?
  • moran1917
    Options

Day 66 here. KempoX as I don't have enough time on the weekdays for YogaX. Will do that Sat.

Question - I have to go out of town for 5 days on my 87th day. I can stay active, but I can't do P90X. Can I just resume when I get back or will I have "flunked"?

Just stay active while you are gone and do the last few workouts when you get back. That is what I would do. Or double up on the weekends to get a few workouts ahead so you finish on day 87.
  • Barberini
    Barberini Posts: 140 Member
    Options

Moran, can I just tell you that I am so stinkin' PROUD of you! I was just catching up on how everyone has been doing this week and I read your post from Monday, then I got to read this post. You have done amazingly so far, and I am so impressed that despite feeling broken after Monday you not only kept at it, but you pushed yourself EVEN HARDER in Back & Biceps. You are my hero!
  • Barberini
    Options

RIIGGGHHHHTTTT??? Back and Biceps is definitely brutal, I can't imagine ever being able to do it in Phase 1. HA! I had it this morning and it was brutal. Next week is recovery week again. WOOHOO!

You are so close to being finished! I feel like my life is no longer based on a regular calendar, it is based on where I am in this program. Do you know what you are going to when you finish?
  • Barberini
    Options
    Everyone is doing so well!!! There are so many people on here who are right in that final stretch of the program. I can't wait to be there myself!!

I had probably my worst day workout-wise today (Yoga X day). I just do not like that workout!!! I was struggling to squeeze it in this morning before I needed to go out, so that didn't help, and I was over tired and the weather outside was wretched (so long, summer! It was nice for the three weeks we had you here in Germany). I put it in and I pushed play like a good girl, but I skipped about 1/3 of the moves because I just honestly could not be bothered today. I did two workouts yesterday (tried the bonus cardio intervals workout) so I am not worried about the exercise, but I wondered if my attempt at modified doubles (running on Mondays and Fridays, and a cardio DVD on Wednesdays) is going to be too much for me. I will see how I feel tomorrow afternoon and decide whether running is a good idea or not.

I also ordered Jillian Michaels' Yoga Meltdown and Kickbox Fastfix so I have some alternatives that are similar to the p90x workouts that I enjoy least, so if I am not feeling it I can do something that is going to provide some of the benefits of the equivalent p90x workout. Let's hope Amazon ships faster than their current estimate or I won't be substituting anything before phase 3.

I took my Day 30 progress photos on Tuesday and I am starting to see some (subtle) changes, and I am excited to see what Day 60 and Day 90 will look like. They are on my profile if you want to have a peek.

Anyway, keep on working hard! You guys are all doing so well. :)
  • StarvingDiva
    Options

You are so close to being finished! I feel like my life is no longer based on a regular calendar, it is based on where I am in this program. Do you know what you are going to when you finish?

I am going to probably do another round of it, maybe I'll do lean instead of classic, or I will just do classic again.
  • kel7298
    Options

Just stay active while you are gone and do the last few workouts when you get back. That is what I would do. Or double up on the weekends to get a few workouts ahead so you finish on day 87.

Thanks. I was thinking the same thing, just needed validation :flowerforyou:
  • moran1917
    Options
    grrrrrr to back and biceps!!!! everytime I straighten my arms today I get pain :cry: :bigsmile:
  • StarvingDiva
    Options
    Up at 4:30 am and YogaX is down for the count! WOOHOO!
  • RobJSoccer
    Options
    Legs & Back are down! Week 2 is almost in the books for me. I'm seeing a lot of improvement in how many pullups I can do. I'm also able to stick with the wall squats for almost the entire time (have to rest some still). I really upped the intensity today because I'm starting to feel like I can handle it. Had to do some modified Sieber Speed Squats because my kid crawled on my leg and wanted to play. I ended up doing squats while holding him out in front of me. THAT was a really good workout and, he seemed to enjoy it :). Only sub-par event that happened today was not being able to finish Ab Ripper X due to a rib injury that I got from playing soccer this past Sunday. Some dude kneed me in the rib cage really hard and, I am still a little tweeky when trying to do abs. I suspect this will be gone next week so it shouldn't be a problem. It was funny though because I was able to do Ab Ripper X the other days this week. I'll be back and ready to hit abs for week 3!

As far as weight, this is probably the first time in my life I've really married diet with fitness. I've never had a problem getting motivated to workout but, I was never disciplined in my eating. This site has really helped me a lot with diet. I've lost about 3.5 pounds now in two weeks (I think some of it is water weight). But, I think in reality I've probably lost at least 2 pounds of fat now. I'm very excited to see where this road will take me. I do think I will plateau at some point in this program as the muscle gets built up equalizing the fat loss weight. I'm going to need a good push to get through that circumstance. But either way, second weigh-in is a success! It's exciting to see results!

28222698.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • RobJSoccer
    Options
    Nice work!
    Up at 4:30 am and YogaX is down for the count! WOOHOO!
  • kel7298
    Options
    Day 67 - Legs & Back / Ab Ripper X - so ready to sleep in tomorrow
  • BryGuy2
    BryGuy2 Posts: 244
    Options
    Moran you are killing it! Way to go! I always go till I fail and can't go anymore. It's a good feeling when you can up the weights and go harder than before!
  • BryGuy2
    BryGuy2 Posts: 244
    Options
    Day 67 - Legs & Back / Ab Ripper X - so ready to sleep in tomorrow

Bring it!1!... Then sleep ;)