Where are my fellow P90xers?

Options

Replies

• moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I do not follow the nutrition guide. I think it is meant to put on muscle, so gain mass. I just set my mfp to lose a lb a week and upped my protien to 30% of my diet. I am having success this way.

Round two begins tomorrow for me!!!! I went out and purchased the hardest tension band in my whole city (I checked every store) so that I can try to hit that dream goal of doing a pull-up!!! Also I just did not feel that I was getting enough in the first round from the band I had. This time I am more ready and comfortable with lifting to failure and have a much better idea of how much I can lift. I anticipate huge things!!! :smokin:
  • Barberini
    Barberini Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I do not follow the nutrition guide. I think it is meant to put on muscle, so gain mass. I just set my mfp to lose a lb a week and upped my protien to 30% of my diet. I am having success this way.

Round two begins tomorrow for me!!!! I went out and purchased the hardest tension band in my whole city (I checked every store) so that I can try to hit that dream goal of doing a pull-up!!! Also I just did not feel that I was getting enough in the first round from the band I had. This time I am more ready and comfortable with lifting to failure and have a much better idea of how much I can lift. I anticipate huge things!!! :smokin:

Great work! I can't wait to hear how you are progressing! I am going to alternate between negative pullups and bands this phase and hope I can to actual pullups in Phase 3. Good luck!
  • Barberini
    Options
    OK P90Xers help me out here by telling me what you do. I have finished week 1, round 1 of lean. I started without looking through the nutrition guide. I know its important but I just needed to get started on something while the motivation was there. At the same time I joined MFP and made the mistake of entering a seditary lifestyle which would be true if I hadn't started P90X. This made my cal goal 1200 given that I want to lose 12 pounds. I have eaten anywhere between 1100 - 1500 each day. So today I finally worked out what I should be eating according to the X guide - 2400. OMG! That's double what I've been eating! I totally get it. I understand why I need to and what could happen if I don't but still super nervous that I'll put in the time and effort and not see the results ending in disappointment/frustration and quitting. I am eating really well - fruit, veg, chicken, tuna, whole wheat etc. The only thing I'm struggling with is keeping my sugar within MFP goal (mostly from fruit).
    Anyway here's what I'm wondering, has anyone had to alter the suggested intake much? Are you following the meal plans in the guide or just doing your own thing in terms of eating healthy? Am I setting myself up for disappointment by not following the guide?

I calculated my calories using the method in the nutrition guide and I am in level 1 so I eat 1800 calories, and sometimes I go up to 2000 if I feel I need it. I am right around my goal weight though so I need to have a small deficit so I can lose the last couple of pounds of fat. I am following the ratios they recommend in the nutrition guide as best I can, but not one day did I make it to 50% protein, more in the 35-40% range which I will continue to aim for until phase 3 when I will up my carbs. I eat a lot of fruit and vegetables to my sugar frequently goes over, but I am not worried about that.
  • Barberini
    Options
    Day 1 of Phase II (Day 29 over all), right back into it! But seriously, Tony, one handed pushups and plyo pushups...? I guess I will add those to the list of things I want to be able to do my the end of the program (along with crane and unassisted pullups). BUT I managed to get through all of the fifer scissors for the first time! Yay!
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Day 1 of Phase II (Day 29 over all), right back into it! But seriously, Tony, one handed pushups and plyo pushups...? I guess I will add those to the list of things I want to be able to do my the end of the program (along with crane and unassisted pullups). BUT I managed to get through all of the fifer scissors for the first time! Yay!

Those damn fifer scissors, I'm holding onto my mat by the end praying for the end of them. Phase two pushups are ridiculous, back to my knees. HA!
  • RobJSoccer
    RobJSoccer Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'm reading about some great results/milestones here. Congratulations to everyone. Glad you are seeing the results you want and doing crane! All is good here, I just finished chest & Back/Ab X starting my second week. I am already noticing a difference in my body but, I didn't take any official measurements, so I can't report. I'm still excited and, I have really been enjoying seeing everyone's positive progress here!

Keep it up folks, great work!
  • BryGuy2
    BryGuy2 Posts: 244
    Options
    Fifer scissors....Scissor!... get it!? Haha! I really hate fifer scissors, but man they really work your core! Way to go on finishing your 1st week! You will start to see results soon, just keep up the great work!
  • BryGuy2
    Options
    I dont use the nutrition guide myself. I just followed the proper caloric intake as well as the percentages. I stick to 1600-1800 calories a day and hit 50% protein, 30 % carbs and 20 % fat and that has worked great for me! But everyone will be different, im focused on fat shredding, so that works!
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I did not have a good beginning to the second phase of the program. It broke me. This happened once before during a Body Revolution workout that I was doing for the first time. I try so hard, give everything I have and the pain gets to be so much that I end up on the floor in tears- it is pretty embarassing. This chest, shoulders, tricep workout is the hardest thing I have ever done. This time I went heavy as I could on all my weights so that I was only able to do 12-15 reps. I did as many push-ups as I could on my feet, but ended up on my knees a lot. I could not do a one arm push-up. I kept falling on my face. So I just did normal push-ups after trying 5 unsuccessfully.

It felt as though I had never done the first month at all. Everything was so much harder. I felt like I had regressed. Then came the good ole ab ripper x....everything hurt so much again. I had finally got to where I could do everything for 25 reps except crunchy frog...but I can't do 25 phifer scissors again. It's okay I will work it back up to 25 of everything.

This workout burned more calories than any other p90x workout to date. Oh, and I did not run first so that was not it.

I am scared of tomorrow and DOMS!
  • RobJSoccer
    Options
    Completed Plyo X this morning and felt great!

One question, does the weight tracker on this site automatically update based on the your calorie deficit or do you have to weigh in to tell it if you lost weight?
  • znm100
    znm100 Posts: 148
    Options
    I did not have a good beginning to the second phase of the program. It broke me. This happened once before during a Body Revolution workout that I was doing for the first time. I try so hard, give everything I have and the pain gets to be so much that I end up on the floor in tears- it is pretty embarassing. This chest, shoulders, tricep workout is the hardest thing I have ever done. This time I went heavy as I could on all my weights so that I was only able to do 12-15 reps. I did as many push-ups as I could on my feet, but ended up on my knees a lot. I could not do a one arm push-up. I kept falling on my face. So I just did normal push-ups after trying 5 unsuccessfully.

It felt as though I had never done the first month at all. Everything was so much harder. I felt like I had regressed. Then came the good ole ab ripper x....everything hurt so much again. I had finally got to where I could do everything for 25 reps except crunchy frog...but I can't do 25 phifer scissors again. It's okay I will work it back up to 25 of everything.

This workout burned more calories than any other p90x workout to date. Oh, and I did not run first so that was not it.

It's OK, that just means that its working! That is the whole premise behind 'muscle confusion'. Sounds to me like you are doing awesome, because you are giving 110%.
  • znm100
    znm100 Posts: 148
    Options
    Completed Plyo X this morning and felt great!

One question, does the weight tracker on this site automatically update based on the your calorie deficit or do you have to weigh in to tell it if you lost weight?

You have to weigh in to tell it you lost weight...
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options

EAT SOME SPINACH! I told you ARX got harder in the second round, that one week in recovery and it's like you've never done ARX before.

I did Chest, Tri and Shoulders today as well, it is very hard, Back and Biceps is as well, I told my friend if Back and Biceps was in the first phase I would have quit.
  • RobJSoccer
    Options
    Day 10 in the books! Knocked out Arms & Shoulders/Ab X today. I didn't go quite as intense because this is my first time doing Arms & Shoulders because I had to skip the first week due to extreme soreness. I went fairly light because doing these workouts for the first time in a long time sometimes puts my body in a state where I have to lay off that muscle group for almost 5 days. So did mostly just around 25 lbs on curls, etc...I look forward to upping the weight next time I hit this workout when I'm a little more confident my body can handle it. Not the kind of intensity I wanted but, I'm in this for the long haul and don't want to get hurt early trying to do too much. I'm really trying to assess where I'm at.

Anyways, I hope everyone else is on track! Keep pushing play folks!
  • BryGuy2
    Options
    Great work rob! It's going to be like that for the first little bit. If your body isnt used to this, you WILL be sore. I definitely was! But great work, sounds like your on a good roll! It feels good once you start to up your weight.

Keep up the awesome work!
  • RobJSoccer
    Options
    Much thanks! How's your journey going?
    Great work rob! It's going to be like that for the first little bit. If your body isnt used to this, you WILL be sore. I definitely was! But great work, sounds like your on a good roll! It feels good once you start to up your weight.

Keep up the awesome work!
  • gpcoleman
    gpcoleman Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    As Tony would say, "keep pressing play. Do your best and forget the rest!" Don't let it get you Moran. Think of where you will be in another few weeeks, you'll be glad you fought your way through. I'm only on day 10 and have to keep telling myself that when I start to feel frustrated or don't feel like pressing play.
  • gpcoleman
    Options
    Day 10 in the books! Knocked out Arms & Shoulders/Ab X today. I didn't go quite as intense because this is my first time doing Arms & Shoulders because I had to skip the first week due to extreme soreness. I went fairly light because doing these workouts for the first time in a long time sometimes puts my body in a state where I have to lay off that muscle group for almost 5 days. So did mostly just around 25 lbs on curls, etc...I look forward to upping the weight next time I hit this workout when I'm a little more confident my body can handle it. Not the kind of intensity I wanted but, I'm in this for the long haul and don't want to get hurt early trying to do too much. I'm really trying to assess where I'm at.

Anyways, I hope everyone else is on track! Keep pushing play folks!
  • gpcoleman
    Options
    Wow 25 lbs - that's awesome. I used 10 and found it a little much for shoulder flies and upright row. Powered through though and increased each exercise by 1 rep from last week. My goal for next week is to move from 13 reps to 15. Did much better on side tri-rise this time. Keep up the great work!
  • kel7298
    kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    Day 65 - Shoulders & Arms / Ab Ripper X - Upped all my weights today....nailed it!