Introduce yourself - again

Options

Replies

• KristenMarie1181
    KristenMarie1181 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am new to this group! I am 5ft 2 1/2-5ft3. Idk it has been changing a lot

I weight 336 right now (honestly don't know my weight I weighed myself Friday on May 1st)
    I am pre diabetic
    I went to see a dietitian few weeks ago she told me to eat 40-60 carbs each meal and 0-30 carbs each snack. "I have been doing it" Not all the time though. I think eating that many carbs is to much food especially everything that we have is low carb in this house

I want to lose around 200 pounds hoping soon that is for sure.

I am going to the gym everyday if I don't work out there I walk outside instead.

My trainer right now is telling me to walk 1st week 20 minutes 2nd week 30 minutes. so on and so forth

I am on the 2nd week and I am doing the incline treadmill (whatever that is called) everyday for 30 minutes so far. (just started today 5/3/2015

If you are looking for more friends please add me but please have a picture and also a little note on the add button so I will accept if there isn't anything I will decline and also please please show your diary ty!
  • ruthanne778
    ruthanne778 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I feel a little like I am introducing myself at a meeting...but here we go....
    Hi, I'm Ruth, and for the umpteenth time in my life....I am on a dieting journey. I initially lost weight in my teens, being told that I was 40 pounds overweight and needing to lose that to be perfect. I lost most of that weight, and gained it back and a hundred more. I went on to lose that in my mid twenties, to find myself pregnant with my first daughter. I gained back everything that I lost, and a few extra, got pregnant again and gained a few more..and became a single parent and gained a few more...got married and gained a few more.
    This Christmas, when I no longer could be weighed on my TOPS club scale, I got serious. 360 lbs scared me. I weighed the most I had ever weighed, couldn't fit into my clothes, and couldn't justify spending money on clothes that I could fit when I had a closet full that I couldn't fit into.
    My mantra for January became "no more resolutions vague to the point of failure". I set a VERY specific goal of losing 100 pounds in 2015. Which may seem daunting but is only half the weight I need to lose...I purged the kitchen, cleaned the fridge, cleared the pantry and cleared the freezer....guests leaving my home on new year's eve left with cookies, candies, crackers, chocolates, cakes, chips....anything that did not fit the menu plans was purged from the home.
    I starting planning menus, grocery lists and keeping track of food. I started a my first exercise plan in years...5 minutes on the treadmill once a week...and now do 25 minutes three time a week as well as a deep water exercise class....56.5 gone.....let's keep going...I want to see 250 in december!!
  • majellamom
    majellamom Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    New here :) Ready for a change. Starting at 333.4, which is not my high or low. Inspired by a family member who has lost 50lbs using MFP and joining a gym, so I am trying to follow in her footsteps. Having a big learning curve figuring all this out.
  • EmmaSlan
    EmmaSlan Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Emma from Ireland here. I started at 328, my highest weight ever and at 5 ft 3, dangerously overweight. I have lost and gained in the past but that was in the past. So I have logged everyday now for around 4 months and I have been swimming 3/4 times per week since February. The hard work is paying off as I'm over 30lbs down now.
    As I still have around 150lbs to lose I plan to be around for quite a while so I'm always looking for new friends. I'm not following any particular diet plan other than eating pretty clean as it seems to work best for me.
  • WhirledDrive
    WhirledDrive Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Kevin, 37 from Orlando, FL. I'm still quite new to of this, especially the social aspect of sharing openingly about my journey of weight loss. I'm fed up with the weight and not fully being able to live life to the fullness. I have been overweight all my life and never really been disciplined to change it and to get healthy but that changes today. My last weigh in is at 348 lbs, the heaviest I've ever been. I'm wearing a 4x shirts and size 54 pants. I'm ready for change, im ready to get healthy for good. I look forward to joining you all on your journey all well. The very best of luck to you all.
  • melharper1976
    melharper1976 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've been on mfp on and off for a few years now. I've tried sw and Ww , recently I list 6lb in 3 mths with Ww! Crap! Need to get back in track badly, I'm around 310lb, need to reach 150lb ideally.
    I'm happy to have more friends for support and motivation so feel free to request me
  • moonbubbles
    moonbubbles Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    hi y'all.

I'm Laura and I've again started a journey to change my life. I've tried many times in the past and have achieved some success (still 38lbs down from my heaviest) but I struggle a lot. My metabolism is extremely sluggish (my physician of 15 years likens it to a snail on ketamine) hehehe. I show all the signs of hypothyroidism but the blood work always comes up empty in that regard.

I'm 46 and I live in Nevada with my amazing husband and son. (Originally from Michigan)

I run two small businesses from home and my lifestyle for the last several years up until recently has been mostly sedentary. While I keep house and do many things, I am not a very physically active person and am somewhat of a hermit. :|

As of today I weigh 312 lbs (down 8 from 2 weeks ago) and I am trying my damnedest to stay positive even though my scale hasn't budged in 6 days.

I joined a gym for the first time in my life about a week and a half ago. It was a huge step for me as exercising in public is something I have always been afraid to do.

I hired a fitness trainer for my first week and he is extraordinary. I will (as I can afford to) hire him again as needed. He is always available for me though when I have questions or need support. He has the right balance of compassion and realism and I know he will push me like I need to be pushed.

As of now i do 60 minutes of strength/resistance training 4-5 days a week and 30 minutes of cardio 5 days a week.

I'm really good when it comes to calorie counting. Scales and measures and logging EVERYthing. I am a good and creative cook and so I am able to create healthful and low calorie meals to help me in my journey.

My biggest hurdle has always been when I perceive a lack of progress and hit difficult and lengthy plateaus. I am impatient at best and if a week passes and the scale doesn't reflect what I've done, I am easily discouraged. I am more determined than ever this time however, to not allow that to derail me.

As for the less health related aspects of my life - I love art, drawing, painting, creating jewelry, glass art, writing, reading, photography, guitar, piano, singing, bass, percussion, listening to good music, cooking, sculpting, working, good coffee, intelligent discussion, learning, Red Wings hockey, the mountains, camping, collecting, marksmanship (pistol), the Great Lakes, good people, and love. I really love love. <3

So yeah - there's me in a nutshell.

Nice to "meet" y'all.

P.S. I did the c&P thing from intro on the main forum 'cause typing all of that again on my phone... Well... Yeah. Lol
  • KelseyLyn91
    KelseyLyn91 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Basics: my name is Kelsey, I'm 23 years old and I'm hoping that this app & forum will lend some accountability to my newest weight loss endeavour.

I have always been overweight, around 260 for most of high school. After a couple years of university (and of constantly battling my weight) I stepped on a scale and realized I had topped out at 306. I decided to commit to trying the 17 day diet and it did work for a bit. It also helped that I changed career paths and began a 2 year college program that kept me so busy I had less time to sit around and eat. I swear I saw 250 on the scale one night LOL then I went back up to 280 my summer at home, lost steam for the diet second year and just maintained at 280. Next I graduated and left my demanding, structured program and began the adventure of living entirely alone and started one of those careers where they toss words like compassion fatigue and burnout at you. (But hey I love what I do.) By this time I was so done with restricting the types of foods I was allowed to eat, you could say I let my emotions take control. Aaaaand I gained more weight...like 50 pounds. The biggest I have ever been and it was/is awful. I weighed 334 pounds at the beginning of November 2014. So I bought a treadclimber and told myself that I was going to do this, for real, by eating right and excercise. I suck though and until this past week, hadn't really gotten on it. I started taking yoga once a week last month and added in a second class each week a few weeks ago...I already feel so much better and my last weigh in was 322 lbs. I have found that the workout I get in my classes motivates me onto the treadclimber the other days of the week. And my biggest motivator at the moment is my bridesmaid dress....you see, it came in the mail last week, the wedding is far far away so i wasn't at the bridal store when they chose it, never saw it before I paid an obscene amount of money for it. I took my own measurements and emailed the shop with the size I chose from the sizing chart another bridesmaid had snapped picture of and sent me. This was back in January and I guess I still had illusions where my weight was concerned as I decided to order a size down. Whoops. I thought i would have made more progress by now. It is also more like 2 sizes too small. Double whoops. So, here I am, and I am determined to lose 45 lbs in 3 months. Because I have no plan B. Who would have thought that a dress 2 sizes bigger than my street size would be more like an 18? Gahhhhhh!!!! (A sane person I am sure, just not a woman with too much pride)

So here I am. This is happening. Thanks for reading ;-)
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Hi, I go by the nickname Cheesy. I've always been heavy-- in 2008 I lost 60+ pounds and got down to 210 lbs, but regained it when I became ill, topping out at 330.

A couple years ago I was diagnosed with Myasthenia Gravis, an autoimmune disease that causes muscle weakness. I was symptomatic for a couple years before diagnosis, and that's when I gained the most weight. After diagnosis I started the Paleo Autoimmune Protocol, and it kept me from further weight gain while on high-dose steroids. I'm weaning the steroids, and have been gradually losing some weight, although it fluctuates by up to 20lb a week due to my medications and a weekly infusion of a blood product called IgG. This past week I've been bouncing around 307-312 pounds.

I've finally stabilized the MG enough to start exercising, but I'm only able to walk about 6 blocks, a far cry from the 14-17 miles I could hike in a day pre-MG, even at 280 pounds then. I'm keeping my goal of hiking again, even if it takes a few years to rehab back to it!!

Every pound of weight I lose will increase my body's endurance and ability to move without causing a Myasthenic crisis (the disease can be aggravated by exercising to fatigue- sometimes just a shower or brushing teeth can be too much, and it affects breathing and swallowing muscles, which can be life threatening of course, so I can't risk a crisis).

I'm thankful my friend introduced me to MFP to track calories while I'm immobile, and I picked up a FitBit One to help track my mobility and continue to see the improvement that's been happening!

I'd love to meet others who are facing weight loss in the setting of autoimmune disease or chronic steroid use, too.

Thanks for all the motivation!!
  • Ginnaye2014
    Ginnaye2014 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Jenn here. Just moved back to Washington state. Im working on getting healthier, hate diet foods! I want real food just normal portions of it. Looking for friends to walk this journey with. I'm 366 as of last thursday at the doctors office. I will celebrate all minor victories, scale and non scale. My first big goal is to say goodbye to 300.
  • crimsontidefan91
    crimsontidefan91 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Kathy and I am 42 years old. I started my weight loss journey a month ago with Jenny Craig. So far I have lost 15 lbs. I decided to incorporated MFP into my program because it has a better method of tracking food. My starting weight was 483.5 lbs. If anyone would like to be my friend, please add me.
  • ALJohnson1980
    ALJohnson1980 Posts: 10 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hi I'm Amber and new here. I've been diagnosed with pre-diabetes and pcos at my heaviest I weighed 350lbs. I've been eating healthier for two months now and have recently joined a gym and started weight training. I'm down to 319 lbs! I motivated more than ever to get below 300!! Feel free to friend me!
  • paynesrus
    paynesrus Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm Florence, newer to MFP. 42 years old, and trying to be as healthy as I can at any given time. I have Lupus and am the healthiest I've been... Probably ever. I'm a few pounds under my heaviest, and yet, with meds etc... I am at my most active since before being diagnosed at 18 yrs old. Back at work and walk daily and hike almost every weekend. Last weigh in at doc was 323 lbs on April 20th 2015. Pretty sure I'm under that but I don't do a scale. Most concerned with how I feel and how my body is able to move. Goal: move more. Build strength in joints. Build endurance.
    Thanks a bunch in advance for your support!
  • sarapeatro
    sarapeatro Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm Sara. I have been using MFP for a little over 6 mos. Looking to really focus on me this summer and getting healthier.
  • Summershowalter
    Summershowalter Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone...I'm here because my hubs said this was a good group to encourage you. I have been on MFP for a while now but haven really gotten into the groups. I had lost some weight but lost my motivation and now that I have gained back every pound I've lost I'm searching for that motivation and acountability again. Looking forward to getting into this again...if anyone wants to friends me just send an invite.
  • AmethystEFC
    AmethystEFC Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hi all :)

I'm Donna-Marie, I'm 36 from the UK and my current weight is 419. I live with my other half, our 4 children and a menagerie of animals.

I've always been overweight and only ever got heavier over the years. Frankly my motivation up until this point has sucked. It really is true that you have to decide to do this for yourself. You can be given all the advice, scare stories or support in the world but until you are ready to step up and take control, it's not going to work.

I think we have all probably been there. Not exactly token efforts but seeing it as a diet and not a 'lifestyle change'. How I hate that phrase, by the way. So if anyone can come up with something better, I'd appreciate the input ;)

So here I am. Ready to change my life once and for all. To step up and be the best person, partner and Mum I can be. I need to be healthy and mobile to do that, so the fight begins. So I'll be here, plodding away with you all. Logging each day, setting short term goals and looking to a future of health.

I know I'm going to have bad days. I know there will be days when I eat take out, junk food and other assorted crap but it's just one day and I will work my butt off (literally) to burn it back off again.

I need to be my own priority for a little while. I deserve that.
  • MysticCissell1985
    MysticCissell1985 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My name is Kamber. I am looking for friendly individuals on the same journey as I. I am 29 years old, my highest weight is 335, I am 310 at the moment but my weight often goes up and down. I am having a hard time getting under 300 and I am working harder this time than last time I used mfp. Last time I lost 32 pounds in a month, no exercise just changed my eating, now I am exercising almost daily and it is coming off very slowly. Feeling pretty down, needing some support.
  • keyo11
    keyo11 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My name is Kamber. I am looking for friendly individuals on the same journey as I. I am 29 years old, my highest weight is 335, I am 310 at the moment but my weight often goes up and down. I am having a hard time getting under 300 and I am working harder this time than last time I used mfp. Last time I lost 32 pounds in a month, no exercise just changed my eating, now I am exercising almost daily and it is coming off very slowly. Feeling pretty down, needing some support.

It's coming off more slowly this time because you're busy adding muscle with all the exercise. Promise! And muscle weighs more than fat. So you can not have lost a pound yet lost fat and be healthier. It comes off more slowly this way, but leaves you looking fab as you do so.

Drink lots of water is all I can suggest. I know it's a pain at first, running to the ladies' constantly, but your body gets used to it. Eventually. :)
  • 1cand0it2
    1cand0it2 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hi all! My name is Peg, and like most of you, this is not my first time at the rodeo. A couple of my guiding philosophies are: Everyone is somebody's weirdo and If you cannot have a good time, get a good story! Hmm, sounds like making lemonade. Mmm, lemonade. Hope to meet you all soon!
  • mjwwes
    mjwwes Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am Mary from Alabama, USA my original weight was 337 I have lost 33 1/2 pounds since February 19 of this years I have 140 pounds more to lose. Feel free to add me to your friends list. Good luck to everyone