Introduce yourself - again

Options

Replies

• Fizz7581
    Fizz7581 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone...again.
    My name is Amanda and I'm from North Dakota. I've been off and on for awhile, mostly 'off'. Reviewing my last year I peaked at 353 lbs and today I am down to 315 lbs. It's amazing how much better I feel even if it's not very visible yet! My dr. was happy to finally see some results, it's been rough "getting started" so I hope I can continue it now that I can really see a difference when I look at that graph on here. It was like a drop from a cliff but in a good way.

I've always had a semi-active job that required me to be on my feet most of the time. The past 2 years I've been working at a job I absolutely LOVE, but it is a desk job. I sit most of the day, then go home and sit some more. I'm slowly adding more movement into my days but mostly concentrating on my food intake. Hope to eventually hit 150 lbs by the end :)
    111480 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am new to this group.I am 35 years old have 3 boys and 2 step daughters. I hit a period of depression and anxiety before you know it my size 18 was a size 30/32 W. I have went to a 26/28 since last march. Last year I started out at 383lbs. I went down I am currently 361.6 some of this is weight I put on. I know I cannot do this on my own really need support and motivation.This girl is ready to get back on track and work on getting healthy.. :)
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options

Welcome to the new faces. And welcome back emmcue! Sorry this is late i hardly ever check this welcome page
  • Abkuroneko
    Abkuroneko Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I've been a part of MFP for awhile now and never realized there were forums for people my size! I've been off and on with my weight loss over the past 4-5 years, losing 50, gaining 50, etc. And though I've said it before, now I'm ready to get back on track and work on getting myself healthy.

So, my name is Laurie, I'm 29, and I'm from New York. I've got a 4 year old daughter who I'm trying to be a good role model for. My husband and I also want to start trying for kid #2, so I want to be in a healthier place beforehand. I was 350 when I was pregnant the last time, and luckily didn't gain any weight during my pregnancy. But I was right back up to 350 again not long afterwards. Then I joined WW in 2013 and ended up losing 50 lbs, but then I kind of plateaued for a year and then gained most of those 50 lbs back. So I always seem to get stuck at the 300 lb mark and can't seem to go below. I'm so ready get past the 300 lb mark and beyond!

SW: 350 lbs
    CW: 330 lbs
    GW: 180 lbs
  • Sailingirl66
    Sailingirl66 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, My name is Michele. I have declared 2016 as 'Take Back Michele Year'. I'll be turning 50 in September and it will also be my 20th anniversary in May. When I got married, I was a size 16/18. Fast forward to present day and I'm a size 26/28. We're going to Europe for our anniversary present and I want to be able to keep up with my husband and our foreign exchange daughters.

I have Hypothyroidism and Hashimoto's so it makes losing weight very difficult. I think I finally have my thyroid levels evened out so hopefully it will become easier to lose. We've started to go walking around the neighborhood 4-5 nights a week and do a longer hike on trails on Saturday mornings.

I just joined MFP so I'm hoping that I'll have an additional support system besides my husband.
  • Pandabear0324
    Pandabear0324 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Hey all! My name is Ashley, I am 24 years old and have just reached day 115 on mfp! I started this journey at 380lbs! I am 5'7". And in just under 4 months I am down to 323 :) it hasn't been easy but I am finding it rewarding and I am always surprising myself with my progress so far :) I am always looking for other motivated people to share the journey with! Feel free to add me! :)
  • ckozl81
    ckozl81 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Carol, I'm 35 y/o 344 pounds currently. I'm working on my 2nd, of 15-20, 10 pound goals. We'll see where healthy leads me. I'm optimistic with using MFP and having family support at home and my MFP friend along for the ride I can accomplish anything.

I have a Fitbit and love the motivation factor it provides. I recently had surgery and can't workout right now so it's helped me focus on eating properly, something I severely stink at, but I've been doing good and am down about 20 pounds so far. I'm hoping the weight will fall off once I can workout again since I'm cleaning up my eating now. I can't fall back to old eating once I go back to the gym.

I'm always looking for friends who can help motivate me.
  • RachelDee83
    RachelDee83 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm Rachel and I'm 32 and just getting back in the swing of things after almost 2 years of "I give up on losing weight". During that time I put on 48 pounds (30 of it re-gain and 18 new "friends") I just joined my first DietBet, and I weighed in at 338, so I resurfaced on MFP to keep track of calories and exercise. Nice to "meet" all of you :smiley:
  • wibblywobblymom
    wibblywobblymom Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Kristin and Im 30...I've been back and forth on this site for the past several years and always seem to lose my motivation somewhere along the way and go back to my old habits. I recently started nursing school and I feel like that is finally the kick in the butt I needed to get serious and really do it this time...being the most unhealthy student in my class was a big wake up call so now I am on my way to really making serious changes in my lifestyle that are going to last!

I am always looking for new friends to motivate and help keep ourselves on track through out this journey so definitely feel free to send me a request!!!
  • sadie651986
    sadie651986 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Stacy and I am 29 years old. I gained weight throughout high school and have been right around the 300 mark for most of my 20s. Getting ready to turn 30 in June has really motivated me to change my habits. I am also getting married in October and want to get healthier for my future husband so that we have lots of healthy years together.

I started at my heaviest of 326.6 and in just under two weeks, I am down 10 pounds so far. I am excited for the early success but I know that it won't always come off easy so I am trying to stay realistic. I haven't added exercise in just yet because I was trying to get into the habit of tracking my food but I do intend to add exercise in shortly. My mom and I have a bet going to see who can lose more weight by my wedding (she is also 300+ pounds) so that is also motivating me daily.

Honestly, I am just tired of hiding because of my weight and I want to lose this weight and live my life to the fullest without the restrictions weight has put on me :)
  • ednurseangel
    ednurseangel Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello. My name is Angel. I'm a 42-year-old Mom of three. I have alway been heavy. I have spent all of my adult life being 250 pounds or more. Last year was particularly trying with my husband's health and some other family issues. I stepped on the scales in November to discover that I weighed 355 lbs. I nearly cried.

I am currently completely my six months of supervised weight loss before having a vertical sleeve done. Today I weighed 318. I'm making the changes that I will need to continue after surgery. I have stopped drinking soda, and boy was that ever hard. I have been a Mt Dew addict for the last 25 years. I work night shift in the ER, some days that caffeine and sugar were the only things that kept me going.

I'm decreasing my carbs and increasing my protein. I get in my eight glasses of water a day. I'm starting to get some activity on my off days. Work days, I consistantly get in 10,000+ steps a day. May start trying to get in some stairs during a shift.

Everything, no matter how small that change is, is a step in the right direction.
  • jasperandlady1960
    jasperandlady1960 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name is Debbie. I'm a 55 year old Grandmother of two lovely girls. I have been overweight for many years and have tried to lose weight for many years, like a I'm sure we all have. The last couple of years have been a whirlwind. I started a bariatric weight loss program in March of 2014 and my husband passed away in April. I tried to keep going but took a short break and now am back at it. I have been following the program and have slowly seen some success. I am working toward having weightless surgery and I see the surgeon at the end of March. There are many changes to be made and I have come back to fitness pal for support and motivation. Need buddies. Add me any time.
  • sadie651986
    sadie651986 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello. My name is Angel. I'm a 42-year-old Mom of three. I have alway been heavy. I have spent all of my adult life being 250 pounds or more. Last year was particularly trying with my husband's health and some other family issues. I stepped on the scales in November to discover that I weighed 355 lbs. I nearly cried.

I am currently completely my six months of supervised weight loss before having a vertical sleeve done. Today I weighed 318. I'm making the changes that I will need to continue after surgery. I have stopped drinking soda, and boy was that ever hard. I have been a Mt Dew addict for the last 25 years. I work night shift in the ER, some days that caffeine and sugar were the only things that kept me going.

I'm decreasing my carbs and increasing my protein. I get in my eight glasses of water a day. I'm starting to get some activity on my off days. Work days, I consistantly get in 10,000+ steps a day. May start trying to get in some stairs during a shift.

Everything, no matter how small that change is, is a step in the right direction.

You are absolutely right! Every step counts :smiley:
  • wandafit4life
    wandafit4life Posts: 25 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hi Wanda here. I am 49 years old and the mother of one 17 year old son. Yes, I'm still at it, never giving up! I will be under 200 pounds by my 50th birthday! You can see by my profile pic I have done a lot of work but still have lots to do and acknowledge there was a great degree of inside work that is making the food choices easier to make because I AM WORTH IT!!!!

I started in a 36W, waist was 62" currently in 18W/20 waist 49". Goal is 175, waist 34 or size 10/12 whichever comes first!
  • pnece
    pnece Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hi Wanda here. I am 49 years old and the mother of one 17 year old son. Yes, I'm still at it, never giving up! I will be under 200 pounds by my 50th birthday! You can see by my profile pic I have done a lot of work but still have lots to do and acknowledge there was a great degree of inside work that is making the food choices easier to make because I AM WORTH IT!!!!

I started in a 36W, waist was 62" currently in 18W/20 waist 49". Goal is 175, waist 34 or size 10/12 whichever comes first!

Welcome Wanda! Congrats on your success! You ARE worth it!!
  • michelleperkins1422
    Options
    Hi my name is michelle live in virginia I need to loses 150 or more CW:371.4
  • pnece
    Options
    Hi my name is michelle live in virginia I need to loses 150 or more CW:371.4

@michelleperkins1422 - Welcome!! You'll find support here! Don't hesitate to reach out.

• TheJackal1106
    TheJackal1106 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi. Jeremy from Florida. I have been losing weight since February. Love the app and the community. Very helpful to log my meals. I currently 384.4 lbs, down from 400 lbs on February 1!
  • katdanash
    katdanash Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    My name is Kathy , but call me Kat , I was her 5 years ago and lost 42 lbs, I fell and hurt my tailbone , lost my stamina, will power and just all around gave up. I am back it's been 11 days , no soda, more water , 4 days of no candy . I am working on the month of March being my eliminating bad habits , no weigh in , going on feeling and calorie counting. Changing my waysbin baby steps. Thanks for allowing me into the group!
  • pnece
    Options
    @jrsdls06132008 @katdanash -- welcome Jeremy and Kathy! Congrats to you both for working at taking charge of your health! Whether you weigh yourself or not, or lose or not, you'll find support here.