Like Minded Lushes - August 2012

Options

Replies

• kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Last night I had 5oz of cupcake sauvignon blanc.....I'm not a white wine kind of girl but this cupcake wine tastes like peaches!!! I also have 10oz of red.
    Tonight, more of the same.
    Tomorrow, my husbands cousin is having a Beer Bourbon and BBQ, I am super excited and will definitely have no count for the day :bigsmile:
    Its finally friday! Its been a long busy week and I'm looking forward to the weekend, as usual!!
    xo
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Last night I had 5oz of cupcake sauvignon blanc.....I'm not a white wine kind of girl but this cupcake wine tastes like peaches!!! I also have 10oz of red.
    Tonight, more of the same.
    Tomorrow, my husbands cousin is having a Beer Bourbon and BBQ, I am super excited and will definitely have no count for the day :bigsmile:
    Its finally friday! Its been a long busy week and I'm looking forward to the weekend, as usual!!
    xo

The Cupcake Sauvignon Blanc is my fav of them, the chardonnay is gross. I prefer white wine (seems more refreshing and is definitely better for my pearly whites) but I love some red when it gets cool out.

Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 0
    Wednesday - 0
    Thursday - 0

Boom! Did it and it was actually easy as pie :smile: BUT tonight is date night at a very nice restaurant and I am having champagne :drinker: :bigsmile:

Just got done with 2 hours on the bike, got it done early because our new TV is supposed to be delivered between 9 and 12 and I just didn't feel like waiting until after. So I stayed up when the fiancé went to work and got 'er done!

Happy Friday lushes :flowerforyou:
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    I did it! 0 last night! So....

Sunday - 0
    Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 2 dirty martinis, 4oz merlot
    Wednesday - 3.5 glasses wine
    Thursday - 0

Not a bad week. Tonight and tomorrow I will be drinking but hope to keep it in check.

Mrs. Jax, welcome; your daughter is a doll. I had a baby in January; I think I remember you from the prego board. I'm still nursing but have cut night time feedings out so that helps with alcohol consumption. I have a freezer stash as well in case of emergency. :wink: Happy Friday lushes!

Katie - if you like fruity SB's, try Pomelo if you can find it. $10 a bottle and it is my fave.
    Kat - I'm with you; I prefer whites in warm weather but tend towards a pinot noir in the fall and winter. I just really love wine....
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday- a vodka and diet tonic and about 3/4 bottle of red
    Thursday-0
    Friday-0
    Saturday- going to the cubs game for my husbands bday so probably an obscene amount of beer and who know what else
    Sunday- most likely 0

Tuesday I have a 3rd interview with a winery, fingers crossed everything goes well......although working for a winery could mean big trouble!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Monday, 0
    Tuesday, 0
    Wednesday, 4 margs and 1/2 Oktoberfest Sam Adams
    Thursday, I have no friggin' idea. I went to the state fair with girlfriend. We started at 1130 and went to midnight.
    Friday, 0
    Saturday, 0
    Sunday, 0

Jaxs, the baby is super duper cute. I love hearing how you and Ashley are juggling the babies and lushiness.

Robin, you just crack me up. I am right there with you on the self-control thing.

Kat, nice job on holding out with the champagne.

Kate, had to laugh about the lack of counting at beer bourban BBQ...that was my day yesterday

Chloe, whoo whoo 3rd interview, good luck!!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    *runs in to lei all my lushey pals! Mai tais for everyone!!*
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Okay so I did it. I actually had a 0 last night. It was a streak of one because my hormones are raging and one of DH's sisters who hasn't spoken to me since before we got married has asked us to take a turn housing his mom (who refuses to visit us becasue she hates me) part of the year. This is because now her kids are growing up and free day care isn't really needed anymore. We are both dreading all the conflict and drama to come. Don't get me wrong. If I had been welcomed into the family instead of us both being shunned I would love to help out. But the ony thing I can think of is "What goes around, comes around" and now she is getting what she and her mother and her other sister deserve for being such unfreindly biatches to me all these years. They made my husband choose and he chose me. Now they should live with that decision. No take backs.

Thanks for letting me vent.
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Okay so I did it. I actually had a 0 last night. It was a streak of one because my hormones are raging and one of DH's sisters who hasn't spoken to me since before we got married has asked us to take a turn housing his mom (who refuses to visit us becasue she hates me) part of the year. This is because now her kids are growing up and free day care isn't really needed anymore. We are both dreading all the conflict and drama to come. Don't get me wrong. If I had been welcomed into the family instead of us both being shunned I would love to help out. But the ony thing I can think of is "What goes around, comes around" and now she is getting what she and her mother and her other sister deserve for being such unfreindly biatches to me all these years. They made my husband choose and he chose me. Now they should live with that decision. No take backs.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Ugh, that makes ME want to drink :ohwell: My fiancés mom and oldest of his two younger sisters who is my age didn't like me at first but that was because before me he only had one other girlfriend and it was a 3 year relationship during which time they were close with her. Guess they saw me as a home wrecker of sorts buuuut he sought me out and I actually didn't like him at first and turned him down. Everything has since been smoothed over thankfully and his mom has been a god send with helping with the wedding. There is still some head butting from time to time because we are both dominant females but it's never terrible. Sorry for your drama Mama Lush, and you know you can always vent to us :flowerforyou:

Now it's time for me to get out of these sweats (unfortunately :frown: and get dolled up for date night) I do like dressing up for my fiancé but I love coming home and changing into comfy clothes even more and so does he haha. One of the reasons he started to like me was because I wasn't the girly girl who dressed up in high school, I wore what I liked, what was comfy and not what I thought others would like .... still do but I make a little effort to not always look like a bum when I go out in public haha.

I'm going to cheers all my lushes in a little over half an hour with some champagne :drinker: It's funny, I would be fine just sitting here tonight and not having drinks but because we're going to dinner and I love champagne I'm pretty excited to have some :smile:
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,172 Member
    Options
    Syd...Thanks for the Mai tai, I think I will give mine to Robin because I think she is really going to need it.

Chloe - Working at a winery sounds like a dream job to me!

Better Bal - Congrats on the 0 last night!

Zero - Thursday
    Friday - Just made myself a Bloody Mary and it sure tastes good!
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Robin - That just stinks - sometimes family really sucks!

Chloe - good luck on the winery job and don't give them ANY login information for MFP or they won't hire you cause they'll know the true lushy side of you and your friends!

Sydney - whew! I think a Mai Tai sounds fabulous!!

It's gonna be yet another lushy weekend here - housewarming party for a co-worker tomorrow and a Tigers Baseball game on Sunday...bring on the alcohol!! :drinker:
  • rjadams
    Options
    Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka and diet Lemon Sunkist. Pretending it is Syd's Mai tai. 'nuf said.:wink::laugh:
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Fri - 4 beers
  • Kat120285
    Options
    4 glasses of champagne at dinner and a bottle at home. Paced out though so I feel fine and am about to go put in a good 2 hours on my bike :smile:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Monday, 0
    Tuesday, 0
    Thursday, I have no friggin' idea. I went to the state fair with girlfriend. We started at 1130 and went to midnight.
    Friday, 0
    Saturday, 2
    Sunday, 0

Awww, Robin. You have to make the decision you make and be happy with it. In the end, that's what it's all about.

Sydney, I traded the mai/tai for 2 Ocktoberfest Sam Adams...catch a wave for me!!

Well, I got the results of the CT and it looks like I have an impacted wisdom tooth that might be causing some TMJ symptoms. I'm happy not to have a tumor...but, sad abut oral surgery...I had 2 of them out in my twenties and didn't bother with the others thinking they were fine.

2 Sams tonight and a long work day tomorrow. Our unit is full of demented, nursing home patients. One of the nurses suggested using them for hunger games. That's one way to weed them out.
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,172 Member
    Options
    Well, I got the results of the CT and it looks like I have an impacted wisdom tooth that might be causing some TMJ symptoms. I'm happy not to have a tumor...but, sad abut oral surgery...I had 2 of them out in my twenties and didn't bother with the others thinking they were fine.

That stinks about the impacted wisdom tooth and having to go through oral surgery again, I guess looking on the bright side, a liquid diet can be lushy :)
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Monday, 0
    Tuesday, 0
    Friday, 0
    Saturday, 2
    Sunday, 0

Awww, Robin. You have to make the decision you make and be happy with it. In the end, that's what it's all about.

Sydney, I traded the mai/tai for 2 Ocktoberfest Sam Adams...catch a wave for me!!

2 Sams tonight and a long work day tomorrow. Our unit is full of demented, nursing home patients. One of the nurses suggested using them for hunger games. That's one way to weed them out.

:ohwell: Sorry about your tooth. Luckily I still have all of my wisdom teeth, I was told when I was little that I had a large enough jaw that I could have all four come in and it would be fine. Now it's the same but rather as long as I can care for them and keep them cavity free then they can stay. I have 3 out and my lower left hasn't decided to emerge but if it does they may just take them out for precaution so I'm hoping it never comes out haha.

Now for the lush update, beer at lunch yesterday then we came home and had more beer while watching 3-D Underworld on our new TV and I also had a bottle of wine over the course of the night. We both fell asleep on the couch before 11, we woke up and went to bed and were up before 9 this morning. Haven't eaten yet but had some coffee with Disaronno :smile: Not sure what we'll have for lunch but I would kind of like to work out today even though I haven't taken a rest day in almost a month. I'm at 6900 cals burnt for the week and it would be neat to get over 7000 buuuuut there's also a yummy assortment of beer in the fridge calling my name :drinker:

We'll see what happens, happy Sunday lushes :glasses:
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Sat - 5 beers
  • rjadams
    Options
    half a bottle of white and several vodka diet lemons. The scale was down this morning so I am happy.
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Still haven't eaten but the beer is still moderately flowing. We're making homemade chili in the crock pot and it smells friggin' amazing. Kind of a rough time right now though. The fiancés Gram fell a little while ago and broke her jaw and it's just been a nightmare of different issues since it happened :ohwell: Luckily the fiancés mom is one of 6 so some of the siblings can rotate and be with their mom while others take a little break. Hoping things look up soon but in the meantime we're keeping her in our thoughts and prayers while his mom keeps us updated.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Monday, 0
    Tuesday, 0
    Friday, 0
    Saturday, 2
    Sunday, 1

3 sober day, 2 moderate and 2 lushy...so be it

Kat, sorry to hear of the G-mas fall and hope that all works out for the best. The elderly and falling can equal disaster. That's what happened to my G-ma and her hip.

I am off to bed at 7:30 tonight. I have a raging headache which has been the norm with the earache. 1 Sam Adams, 2 Advil and 1/2 an ambien. I will be making lots of calls to get this taken care of, for sure!!