Like Minded Lushes - August 2012

Options

Replies

• rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    too much vodka. everything is a little fuzzy. I will good and moderate the rest of the week. Good job lushes.
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Pretty lushy weekend as usualy....

Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0
    Thursday- 12 oz cab
    Friday- 12 oz cab
    Saturday- 2 glasses of delicious sangria at lunch, 2 pre dinner vodka tonics and about a bottle of merlot
    Sunday- margarita and 3 michelob ultras

Shooting for zeros until Saturday...but usually some wine will happen Thursday or Friday. Going to the Cubs game for my husbands birthday Saturday (its an annual tradition even though they suck) so I will probably lose track that day and no plans for Sunday.
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Sun - 4 beers...............
    Team loss
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Sun - 1 Bud Light
    Monday - 4 oz sauvignon blanc
    Tuesday - 0
    Wednesday - 3.5 glasses of wine
    Thursday - 4 glasses wine, 1 sweet tea vodka with lemonade (amcanzo, I call these the Ashley Palmer)
    Friday - glass of white and glass of red at dinner; 2 large Ashley Palmers in the hot tub
    Saturday - 2 Schlafly pumpkins, 3 large (double probably) Ashley Palmers at the neighbors'

Sunday - 0

I'm really going to attempt to stay dry till Friday and drink minimally then. I really need to dry out.
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    2 beers hours apart and then a night cap of moonshine and cherry coke zero .... slept great. 0 tonight. Getting together with my best friend one day this week so I'm sure there will be drinks but 0's on the other days. Cleaned up the kitchen from Saturdays get together and going to have my coffee then work out. Laundry and vacuuming after that.
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Hmmm double post.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Saturday, 0
    Sunday, 0
    Monday, 0

So, this left ear is still bothering me from when I was sick in January. I made an ENT appt. for September 5th to get more follow-up. Well, it's so bad now that I went to the primary and learned that I have an infection and get to take antibiotics for 10 days. They also ordered a CT of the head and sinuses since this has been going on for so long. I am definitely hoping for some sort of mastoiditis vs. tumor, cyst or alzheimzers. It's been nearly 8 months with this stupid ear and I am ready to have it taken care of once and for all.

BTW, what's the reason you can't drink with antibiotics? I'll have to figure that out because 10 days is a long time and I have 2 trips to the state fair this week. I missed kayaking today because this stupid ear kept me up all night.

I guess tonight will be another 0

Chloe, I giggled over the Cubs comment. They do suck. But, Wrigleyville is a good time.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    0-Friday
    0-Saturday
    0-Sunday
    2 more days. I can do this.

I finally slept well. I don't know how you people do this crazy heat. It's been in the mid 90's here (and humid!) for way too long. I have to go to Hawaii just to cool off. :glasses:

Kate, I wish I could do yoga. I suck at it so much. I'm actually quite bendy, but my balance sucks and I hold my breath.
    Kim, I hope you figure out what the hell is up with your ear! Not much gets more irritating than that. I'm a swimmer, so I hate that feeling. And 10 days of antibiotics sucks!
    I had to laugh at the Cubs comments. My husband is a fan (he's from Chicago) PLUS we now live in San Diego. The Padres are even worse, I think.
    I lost a pound. I'm not logging it, because I know I'll erase it in a matter of a day or so when I'm on vacay. I'm just trying to detox and lose as much as I can before we leave.
    Hope everyone has a wonderful week. :flowerforyou:
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Sydney, I am so friggin excited for you!! Willpower, weight loss and Hawaii....you might be the most special girl I know at the moment :laugh:
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Nisij (I always read "ninja" with you name), I had never remembered being sick after drinking with taking antibiotics, so one night got tanked while on a pretty strong one and felt like @ss the next day.

SoCal...wow! I am impressed.

I'm sluggish today. Network is down at work and think I may leave early.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Ashley, thanks for the abx advice...I feel like @ss now so I don't think it will matter in the long run.

Sydney, rockin' the zeros!! and, you'll be rockin Maui. Send some willpower to MN, please?

Just got back from the CT, interesting to say the least since I've never had one.

Chipolte Shrimp for dinnner just might be the trick with some quacamole, something layered and light. Marg would be nice and cool to go with it.

Kat, did you post a pic of the dress?
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Thursday=1/3 bottle of chianti and a wine spritzer
    Friday=4 pints of smithwick's
    Saturday=1 marg
    Sunday=5 beers
    Tonight, champagne at engagement party, then we'll see. I am taking a break until Aug 29 and then I will get super strict on my nutrution. Until then, party on...
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Ashley, thanks for the abx advice...I feel like @ss now so I don't think it will matter in the long run.

Sydney, rockin' the zeros!! and, you'll be rockin Maui. Send some willpower to MN, please?

Just got back from the CT, interesting to say the least since I've never had one.

Chipolte Shrimp for dinnner just might be the trick with some quacamole, something layered and light. Marg would be nice and cool to go with it.

Kat, did you post a pic of the dress?

My best friend/MOH took a couple on her phone but I don't have any to post. But don't worry, the wedding is less than 2 months away and I'll definitely post a new pic of me and my soon to be husband looking awesome :smile: I am more in love with the dress than I though, it fit great but will be able to go tighter after I lose a few more pounds. Everyone thought it was so neat that it was color and just very different from other gowns. The pictures online don't do it justice, especially the sparkly bits! I can't wait to go back for my second and final fitting on September 22 :bigsmile:
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Kat, what color is your dress?

0 for me last night. I had a couple delicious chocolate truffles and thought red wine would be delightful, but alas, I restrained. We even have 2 bottles of wine (unopened) in the house! Shooting for 0 for the next 3 days. I have tomorrow off and the weather has been great this week. Two reasons to make me want to drink.....
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Way to go Ashley! And good luck....so proud of all those with willpower...I have ZERO!.
    Monday-10oz of wine
    Tuesday-wine :happy: I'm not even trying people :laugh:

Kim-I can't believe you ear thingy still isn't right. I really hope you get some good answers!! XO
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Kat you should post the link again. It is such a georgeous dress. I did moderate vodka last night with fresh sweet watermelon. yum!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Saturday, 0
    Sunday, 0
    Monday, 0
    Tuesday, 0

I made it thru the 3 day hump. Shootng for another zero tonight since I picked up an extra shift tomorrow morning. I definitely had some bantering in my head between the good and the evil voices.

The shrimp were good and spicy. It was a good basic recipe that I would definitely tweak in the future. The homemade guac rocked.
  • Kat120285
    Options
    http://kittychencouture.com/bridal/2011cu/summer.html

:bigsmile: :heart:

There it is =}

0 last night and it'll be 0 tonight. Got some good house work done and I think I'm going to pop in Sex and the City the movie and put in a good 2 hours on the bike :smile:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Monday=1 can champagne 4 cans of beer
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options

Kat- your dress is absolutely splendid!! That's one of the most beautiful dresses I've ever seen!! Great choice :bigsmile: