Like Minded Lushes - August 2012

Options

Replies

• Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    I'm with you amcanzo....I too did not make it 3 days booze free. That last bit of SB won me over. I had intentions to get my 6week 6pack done before husband and baby got home, but they got home early. So we decided to blow off working out and working in the yard and walk to dinner at our Wednesday spot. It's out Wednesday spot because they have half price bottles of wine. So I had 1/2 glass of wine on the way to dinner, 1/2 bottle there, and a vodka drink after. I was proud for stopping there though. Tonight is book club so most likely I'll drink 3-4 glasses of wine. Friday is dinner with friends so more wine. Saturday maybe we'll lay low....maybe.

Sun - 1 bud light
    Mon - 4 oz wine
    Tues - 0
    Wed - 2.5 glasses, 1 vodka
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    YAY Robin! So happy for you! But yeah creepy they worn it...people are weird!!!

Wolf-you sound busy but funny busy..I dig!!

Syd-how are you feeling today? xo

12oz of wine last night and wine tonight too. Today is such a gorgeous day and I am really tempted to go for run. The neck is feeling better, still stiff and pretty achy. I'll see how I feel after work.
    I have been so exhausted this week....no workouts? less food then usual? TOM? I think those things are all the culprits. Looking forward to getting back into the workout game soon!!!

Almost friday, YAY!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    2 glasses of red with Doug's ribeye shrimp and asparagus dinner. You all sound like you are doing so many neat things. I just go to work and go home. we are supposed to have record heat for the next few days. this is when it sure would be nice to have AC but I don't. So I am thinking lots of ice cold beverages will be in order.

Have a great day.
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Kate- hope your back feels better, I am having the same thing with my lower back so I have just been taking it easy and doing walks

Nisi- LOVE the Ravina!

It does sound like everybody is doing fun stuff, I am with ya Robin on the boring life I feel like that is all I do is work!

Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    The best part of this thread is everyone is so supportive. I did manage another 0 last night but I've also told myself soooo many times I'd be booze free and then wasn't, only to come here and find others who struggled as well, for whatever reasons. So I feel ya fellow lushes! Today is another day and we can set new goals....or just enjoy a cocktail :drinker:

I had a wonderful night sleep and feel better. Its been mid 90s here for a week and we just aren't used to that kind of heat. I slept with my windows open again and feel like a new woman. I do think I need a day off from the tough workouts, so maybe just some light circuits and stretching today.
    Lost that pound I gained too. :smile:
    Mon: 0
    Tues: 0
    Wed: 0
    Thurs: who knows? Shooting for another 0

Have a great day everyone!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Monday, 3.5 beers
    Tuesday, (2) 10 oz wine
    Wednesday, (5) bottle of wine

After I drank the 7.2 oz, I cracked another bottle and nearly drank the whole thing. I hate the morning when you go look at the damage and the reality hits that "Dang, I nearly drank the whole thing".

I will try for a 0 tonight. Damn it, I will get one of them in!!

Sydney, glad that the mental health is back!!

Ashley, sounds like a perfect week to me

Chloe, last time I was at the Ravina, I saw the B-52s...lots of wasted dancing there!!
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Glad you're feeling better SoCal :flowerforyou:

Wooo Mama Lush, glad they returned it but definitely weird they wore it :noway:

Hope you can get back at it soon Kblue, no fun being out of commission :grumble:

A little too much wine with the family last night and had 2 glasses of red at home while watching Shark Week (my favorite) but stopped there and slept it off so I feel good today. It'll be a 0 for tonight and I wanted 0 for tomorrow but fiancé wants to go to dinner I think and I wouldn't mind a few drinks with him for date night so we'll see what happens. I need to be good though because I'll have to be up early to get to my dress fitting and I don't want to be sluggish for that. I'll get in my 2 work outs at some point today. Fiancé has a late night so no rush for me to get them done before he gets home.
  • ChLoE1130
    Options
    This day has been so ridiculous!!! I may have to go home and have a drink! Haven't had one since Saturday, so 4 days should be an accomplishment in itself, especially with the week I had. My boss is insane!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I'm my own boss and I drive myself to drink all the time! :tongue:
  • Kat120285
    Options

Bahahaha love this. Just got done with 2 hours on the bike, felt sooooo good. Now time for Shark Week!! I know I could get away with drinks as I just burnt 1424 cals and probably haven't eaten that much and that makes over 3500 burnt for the week so far but I don't know. I believe tonight is the last night of new Shark Week shows so a nice scotch would seem an appropriate send off until next year :frown:
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Fiancé got home early so I'm celebrating with a scotch :drinker:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Sunday=0
    Monday=0
    Tuesday=3
    Wednesday =0
    Thursday = 3
    Pretty good for me, really
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    3 big glasses of white wine followed by some vodka rocks. Slept good. :wink:
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options

Funniest thing ever! :bigsmile:

Made it thru last night with a big fat ZERO! Yay!!

Now, let the weekend begin....:love:
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Small martini, 1 shot, and 10oz of wine :noway: holy crap! Had popcorn AGAIN for dinner since my husband was working overtime and $$ is short AND I hate just cooking for myself.
    Tonight: probably finish up the blueberry vodka and have some wine.
    I got a 2mile run in this morning and it felt GREAT! Can't wait to get out on the trail again tomorrow for a 4miler! Then lunch with my in laws at our favorite beer place. We are taking them out as an early thank you for room and board in Hawaii next year. This place we are going to is amazing, not only is the beer selection RIDICULOUS but their food is out of this world. I am often tempted to write to Diners Drive ins and Dives...although it is none of those things, its just sooooo good :happy:

I have made no attept to not drink the last couple of weeks, maybe next week I'll shot for a zero or two?? MAYBE :laugh:
  • ChLoE1130
    Options
    I wish I was my own boss! That is hilarious though :laugh:

I didn't get too out of control last night. Normally after a day like that I would just start pouring the wine. But, I measured and drank slow and ended up with 12 oz which fit in my cals. She will be here at noon today, so we will see how much this crazy b**** drives me to drink tonight and on top of that this is my first full day Friday since the beginning of summer.

Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0
    Thursday- 12 oz
    Friday-probably work on that bottle of wine some more I am sure
  • Kat120285
    Options
    2 scotches last night then went to bed :smile: Date night tonight so drinks and who knows what for dinner. Think I'll put another 2 hour bike ride in today :glasses:
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Oh, the beers…
    Team loss
  • kblue2007
    Options
    I'm at work and bored out of my MIND :yawn:
    That's all :happy:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I got off work early yesterday and had a bottle of wine. Epic failure in the sobriety department this week.

Called to make the kayak reservation and learned it's a 6 hour paddle and about 13 miles...they frown on alcohol on the trips. WHAT? Who does that? Freakin' tree huggers #!*^#.

My car accident has now gone to arbitration since the other insurance company wants to make me 30% responsible. That can take 4 to 6 months. Meanwhile, I'm out the grand while they bicker back and forth about it. I think my back hurts now.

I picked up at the hospital for Sat and Sun morning...so, moderate drinking only tonight.